Start by marking “Promises Part 4 (Bounty Hunters #4)” as Want to Read:
Promises Part 4 (Bounty Hunters #4)

Promises Part 4

(Bounty Hunters #4)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  1,014 Ratings  ·  135 Reviews
Men found him attractive, interesting even. He was like a fascinating experiment gone wrong that men liked to investigate. He’d get a date - or two, if he was lucky - but it wasn’t long before Brian’s darkness showed, and the men were running from him.

Brian King was honorably discharged from the United States Navy five years ago. He’d left with the highest honors a man ca
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 313 pages
Published March 5th 2018 by Via Star Wings Books

To ask other readers questions about Promises Part 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promises Part 4

Lyn
I'm going to used what seems to be Ms. Via's favorite word in this book (it was used a lot!), and say this was an "amazing" read. I Loved it! I'm so glad this isn't the end of the series. I can't wait for book 5!
Sabrina
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Be still my swooning heart. I friggin loved Brian and getting to know more about him in his own story. This big silent man had so much hidden depth and it was an amazing experience to learn all of those parts of him as Sway was there to pull him out of his own pain. I also really enjoyed that even though it wasn't always easy for Sway and Brian, there was nothing that was keeping them apart once they had decided they needed each other. They were both drawn to ea
David Alexander
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: via
~5 Stars

Brian King works as a Bounty Hunter alongside his older brother Ford King. He is considered one of the best trackers because he is never wrong. Unfortunately he doesn't talk due to a horrific event that occurred to him when he was a SEAL. (When I say horrific I mean being held hostage and tortured to the point where Brian has PTSD, Panic attacks, scars all over his body, and, of course mutism .)

Sway Hamilton became a nurse after his twin brother was killed in a drunk driver accident. He
Barbara➰
Ever since Brian was introduced earlier in the series, I knew I wanted to read his book. He was mute and you only know he was a POW. His brother Ford is very protective of him. But Brian wants someone of his own. He has been seeking in quick one night stands but no one sticks around long enough to actually hear him without words.
"You think your mutism is unattractive but it’s not. Do you know what a relief it is to be able to feel what you’re saying… that you use your touch to express yourself
Chris
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military-crime, lgbtq
4.5 stars- loved it. Such a beautiful story between Sway & Brian that highlights how much can be said without words. Sway is desperately attracted to Brian but Brian looks for reasons that Sway will leave - his mutism, his PTSD or his job. What he realizes is there are others out there who love him as much as his brother Ford, he just has to accept it. I really enjoy this author .... loved the brief God & Day cameo and I sure hope the cute Chef and twinky nurse Adam make another appearan ...more
Bo
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everyone pretty much knows I'm a sucker for all things A.E. Via. Are there some editing issues in this book? A few. Are there some cringe-worthy phrases in this book? A few. Do I care about that? Not at all. Brian was just as alpha, and vulnerable as I had been hoping all this time. Sway and he were the perfect pair. They were made for each other, and it was perfection. The added bonus of the cameos from certain members of the "Nothing Special" series made it even better. I rate this a 5 because ...more
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
4.25 stars.

“A lot can be said in silence.”

I have been waiting for Brain to get his own book since I met him in the previous books in the Bounty Hunter series. And let me tell you, it was my favorite book in the series, hands down. I loved this book so much!!!

Sway and Brian's relationship wasn't easy. But I loved how effortless they made it look sometimes. They worked together so well and the fact that Sway didn't care that Brian couldn't speak? I loved him even more for that.

Sway held
Sali Mes
Love it.
Love Brian and Sway!
Beautiful story, no unnecessary drama, no instalove.
Natalie
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon, m-m, kindle-loaned
3.5 Stars

These books are a guilty pleasure for me but I do get enjoyment out of them. Brian is another of the uber-alpha characters this author loves to create. He met Sway at the end of book three, discovering he was Dana’s friend. The progression of Brian and Sway’s romance was relatively slow, the big guy being emotionally insecure because he’s mute and Sway has abandonment issues, I think. In between, Brian is working cases and Sway has gotten promoted but fending off an overly-pushy doctor.
Volha
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
** 4.75 stars **

I knew I will love Brian and Sway's love story, and I was right! It was romantic, sweet, slightly angsty and chock full of passion and love. It felt like those two men were made for each other - they complemented each other so well.

Brian King is a hero, he survived what others could not. But no matter how many accolades he has, the one thing that he craves still eludes his grasp - love. He is strikingly handsome man, loyal and brave but what he can not overcome is his silence. N
Jenny Wood
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My heart is so full…
Was this not the most deserved, happily ever after, you’ve ever seen??

Brian is my favorite! I knew he would be, I feel like I’ve been waiting for him forever.
My heart broke for him so many times until now, I’ve never waited for a book like I did his. Him and Sway, they belong together. They’re perfect together and I knew that…still, I was not ready for it. I actually tried to read it slowly, and was still upset when it was over.

So, Brian, the silent brother, we knew from p
Amanda Viecelli
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, where do I even start with this review?? This book was absolutely everything I hoped it would be and more. We got a taste of Brian and Sway in Promises Part 3, and it is clear from their very first interaction in that book that there is something truly special between them.. a once-in-a-lifetime kind of connection. Since that book, I have been chomping at the bit for their book.. knowing their story was going to be one to remember. And let me tell you, AE Via does NOT disappoint!!

Bri
Santy
I had been waiting for this book for sometime because the Brian and Sway teasers weaved into the previous book was just deliciously tempting and I was super excited to read this when I finally got this on my Kindle.

I liked Sway and Brian as individuals & it's indisputable that their chemistry both in and out of the bedroom was fantastic. I loved it whenever both of them were on page. The story line was good , the pacing was good, the secondary characters were also solid enough (I loved Tweet
Kindle Alexander
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AE Via at her very best. She's just outstanding.
Kim
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great instalment in this series. This is a mm contemporary story about Nurse Sway and mute bounty hunter Brian. A beautiful story.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, lbr, ebook

4.5 stars - Brian’s story is much anticipated, and I don’t think very many people will be disappointed by it. This story sort of overlaps the previous one, though that scene is somewhat retold in the prologue, so you could probably read this on its own, though I definitely recommend you read the previous books to get to know all the players.

Brian is the brother and fellow bounty hunter who is the strong silent type, in every way. He suffers from PTSD and selective mutism due to his time in the m
Carra
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the moment Brian and his brother Ford popped up in this series, I—along with plenty of other fans—wanted both of their stories. In part 3, we not only got Ford’s story, but a naughty and tantalizing taste of the start of Brian’s…and from that moment I was chomping at the bit for Brian and Sway. The wait for their story? Torture…although so very worth it for the incredibly emotional book that details their journey.

Brian has lived through things in his military past that no person should ever
Chris Kottner-Kirschner
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Obwohl Brian King im Einsatz seine Stimme verloren hat, arbeitet er erfolgreich für Duke als Kopfgeldjäger. Seine Fähigkeiten sind äußerst nützlich und bis auf seine Sprachlosigkeit, sind Brians Sinne immer scharf. Doch er ist auch einsam. Sein bester Freund ist sein älterer Bruder Ford, auf den er sich immer verlassen konnte. Ford ist nun in einer Beziehung und Brian sehnt sich ebenfalls nach so einem Leben. Doch für Brian ist es schwierig. Die für ihn interessanten Männer wollen sich mit seine ...more
Jessie G.
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-e-via
Brian and Sway began in Book 3, though you don’t have to read that book as the author recaps it for us. We pick up here with Brian reaching out, again, and Sway still waffling. He’s afraid of feeling anything for anyone, so he contents himself with work and taking care of everyone else except himself. After one intense introduction and a second surprise meeting, Sway already knows Brian would change all of that in the best possible way and that terrifies him. Thankfully, he gets out of his own w ...more
Shannon
I cannot get enough of these guys. I'm sure we've all been eagerly anticipating Brian's story and this did not disappoint. I already loved Brian and I already love Sway and I already loved them together so I was so happy to experience their journey to HEA. Sway's mom and Tweetie were just the best characters and we even got a scene with our old pals God and Day. What a treat. I'm also so happy that the "damnit"s in this book were spelled "dammit". I know, stupid, but it drove me nuts in the othe ...more
Emalie
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and I would have giving it 4,5 stars, but can't because (view spoiler) So it "only" gets 4 stars and now I'm off to start this series with book ...more
Lisa
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
All the time I kept reading this book, I kept thinking that I had read this plot somewhere before.
That said, I still enjoyed it.
Loved Sway and his family and the way he was with Brian.
Even had a cameo from God.
Amanda
I just knew Brian would get his happy ending. And it couldn’t have been with anyone but Sway 😊
Laurel Looney
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AE Via out done herself. She created a story for Brian and Sway that was simply amazing. It was so well worth the wait. Brian is one of the characters that you fall immediately in love with and you are pulling for him through any and everything then you throw that precious little Sway into the mix and boom you have an amazing story. This is definitely a one clicker. You will fall not only in love with Brian and Sway but Tweetie because everyone needs a tweetie in their lives.
Star
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn’t enjoy this book as much as some of the others...It was unnecessarily long with nothing really happening I just expected something big from the jumper plot but nope nothing...but I love A.E. Via & this won’t keep me from reading more of her books!
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First I would like to mention to AE that she writes quicker. Waiting for her next book always makes me twitchy. Her writing to me is so strong that I want to devour everything she writes.
We are getting book 4 in the Promises series and they just keep getting better for me. Her stories will pull you in from the first line and keep you engrossed until you finish the last word.
Brian has been in all the other Promises stories but we don't know much about him except that he was in the military and ha
Donna
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 00-lgbtq-read
I am so glad that I waited until I had Brian's story before I jumped back into this series with Part 2! I would have been horribly pissed if I had had to wait for months on end to get to read this little jewel in the rough! Yep, our man Brian sure does clean up nicely! But, enough with the spoilers... let's get down to the nitty-gritty of the story!

As much as I have loved all the MCs in this series... Sway is my true favorite! Not that I am not thankful for the service of every man and woman tha
Morgan  Skye
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, reviewed
I think this is fine as a standalone, but only just. It’s really much better as part of the series. We know all these guys and their contributions make more of an impact as a result, when you’ve read the previous books.

On it’s own it’s a lovely DA/hurt/comfort romance with alpha males all over the place falling in love and being sappy and sweet and sentimental. Not to mention having awesome sex!

AE Via is really wonderful at giving us warm, caring, alpha males who find just the right partner – bu
Kenike
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m actually freaking speechless!!! Ms. Via wrote Brian and Sway perfectly! Since their story began at the end of Ford’s story, the romance had time to build. They had a chance to really know each other. And Dana is such a character that had me laughing. Ford and Brian had such a beautiful relationship I would have liked to see more of the conflict between them. Brian really needed to tell Ford off just a little. However, Ms Via did a wonderful job already!!!! Brian and Sway weren’t perfect but ...more
A.E. Via is an author in the beautiful gay romance genre and also founder and owner of Via Star Wings Books. Her writing embodies everything from hopelessly romantic to spicy to scandalous. Her stories often include intriguing edges and twists that take readers to new, thought-provoking depths.

When she's not clicking away at her laptop, she devotes herself to her family--a husband and four childre

Bounty Hunters (5 books)
  • Promises Part 1 (Bounty Hunters, #1)
  • Promises Part 2 (Bounty Hunters, #2)
  • Promises Part 3 (Bounty Hunters, #3)
  • Promises: The Next Generation (Bounty Hunters #5)
“If me and you were stranded on an island, and there wasn’t another dick in sight; I’d still fuck myself with a pine cone before I touch you.” 0 likes