Start by marking “Dark Flight” as Want to Read:
Dark Flight

Dark Flight (Rhona MacLeod #4)

Stephen, a six-year-old boy, has vanished, his mother and grandmother horrifically murdered. At the scene forensic scientist Rhona MacLeod finds a chilling African talisman, made from the bones of a child. Can she decipher its meaning and track Stephen down before he becomes the next link in the killers' chain?
Published May 15th 2008 by Hodder Paperback (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Flight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Flight

Sarina Morrhaye
Feb 22, 2017 Sarina Morrhaye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, 2017
Een thriller naar mijn hart. suspens, intriges, moord en martelingen om u tegen te zeggen met een occulte achtergrond.
Volledige recensie heel binnenkort in http://sientjesboeken.wordpress.com
Colette Lamberth
Feb 09, 2017 Colette Lamberth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the first three books in the series but I did find this one a bit hard to read due to the subject matter. As a standalone I doubt I would have read this but when you are working your way through a series inevitably you will come across a book that's not quite to your taste. It is well written and I like the balance between the characters work and personal lives and I know I will read more from the series. Not my favourite of the series but still a good book.
Mary
May 22, 2017 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read, very dark at times
Catherine
Jul 21, 2017 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excelllent.
Karen
Mar 08, 2012 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, united-kingdom
Ever read a book and thought, well I shouldn't really be liking this. Worse than that, have you ever read a book and found yourself ticking the things that the author is doing that annoy you. And yet you find yourself liking the book! DARK FLIGHT did that for me. Well liking is a difficult word to use when the subject matter is as dire as it is in DARK FLIGHT, but that's just one of the things that ticked that list for me.

DARK FLIGHT starts out with the repulsively, shockingly over the top viole
Diana
Feb 22, 2017 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DARK FLIGHT (Rhona Macleod #4) by Lin Anderson is an excellent read.
Well-plotted; complex characters: Glasgow at its best (and worst); detailed police procedural crime drama; international angle; gruesome criminal activity; excellent noir.
Don’t let the African juju bits scare you off. That is the main story line, but not the only story line worth mentioning.
Each title in the Rhona Macleod series gets better and better.
Monica Mac
Sep 14, 2016 Monica Mac rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Lin Anderson page-turner.

I have never read a book featuring African juju before, so I found it very interesting learning about some of forms it can take.

This book definitely was not for the faint of heart, it involves human trafficking, juju and the usual violence that accompanies Rhona's cases. How she manages to keep her head when in Nigeria, which is as far away from Glasgow, geographically and culturally, as you can get is very interesting indeed.

A cracking read, and highly recomm
Jenn
Jan 19, 2015 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've never been overly interested in the juju aspect of Africa. But this story had that interesting twist to it. I really enjoyed the forensic scientist Rhona, even though I continually read Rhonda in my head. Her relationships with people were well written and I wanted to find out more about them. Sean, McNab, Chrissy...they all had different aspects that were all interesting. I should try this series from the beginning.
Calzean
Very detailed forensic descriptions. Links a child abduction to the beliefs of certain religions based in Nigeria. The author shows a detailed knowledge of Nigeria, the world of the illegal immigrants and the absolute power of individuals. Good twists and turns along the way.

The story was interesting but the various relationships and sex scenes, to me, did not add much and distracted what from the other excellent parts of the book.
Keith
Dec 30, 2016 Keith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. This has been in my bookcase for a few years and I figured it's time for another Glasgow book. Turns out it's based in Glasgow and Nigeria. Standard police procedural, no great shakes, with the best part being the relationships between colleagues. This was my first by Lin Anderson but leaves me ambivalent about whether to pick up another.
Sandra
Mar 02, 2013 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Efficient and well-written, different because of the Nigerian and ju-ju connections (which added much to the tension), entertaining, complex, good characterisation and unputdownable. What more could you need?

Probably 3.5 stars but I marked others three so this certainly merits a four.
Mrsgaskell
This latest in the Rhona MacLeod series involved ritual killings and mutilation so I found it rather too gruesome and graphic reading, but I was still interested in reading it because I’d read the earlier ones in the series.
Jean
Jun 25, 2012 Jean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book very quick read
Jean
Jan 16, 2016 Jean rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
a bit boring as a 6 year old boy disappears and they end up in africa to find him
Adam Dickens
Very good book from a fairly new Scottish author. Some disgusting bits but a good read
Chris Lelliott
I like this author good story line and a British forensic scientist and all set on Glasgow, wonderful
Tina Lacock
Jul 21, 2013 Tina Lacock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent! SO exciting! My favourite Rhona McLeod so far!
Lucy McLaurin
May 11, 2015 Lucy McLaurin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good. Really pulled me in. I will have to read more of hers.
Rosa Macpherson
Dec 11, 2016 Rosa Macpherson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very enjoyable. Just what the ( witch) doctor ordered :)
Anetq
Jul 21, 2016 Anetq rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
African ju-ju in Glasgow, and murders naturally. As always it's hard to know who to trust and this one ends up taking Rhona to the heart of darkness, or Nigeria at least.
Deirdre
Muti Murder in Glasgow, complicated relationships get more complicated
Esli
Apr 14, 2011 Esli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderfull book. First book I read of this author and now I'm forced to look out for the other books she wrote.
David
Jan 07, 2012 David rated it really liked it
This series remains very readable in my opinion.
Nicky Mottram
Nov 12, 2012 Nicky Mottram rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
Abit blood thirsty!! About African witchcraft
Caroline Ingvaldsen
Grim tale of human trafficking and child sacrifice leavened by engaging characters and strong plotting.
MR RJ MOULD
MR RJ MOULD rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2017
Mariah Lynch
Mariah Lynch rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2013
Claire
Claire rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2017
Laura rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Kissing the Demons (Joe Plantagenet, #3)
  • Body Politic
  • A Place of Safety
  • A Killer of Pilgrims (Matthew Bartholomew, #16)
  • Singing to the Dead (Anderson & Costello, #2)
  • The Good Son (J. McNee, #1)
  • Riptide (CSI: Miami, Book 4)
  • Blood on the Sun (CSI: New York, #2)
  • The Charmer
  • The Hanging Wood (Lake District Mystery #5)
  • The Farm: The Story of One Family and the English Countryside
  • Summer of Secrets
  • Good People
  • Contact Zero
  • Snake Eyes (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #8)
  • Die with Me (Mark Tartaglia, #1)
  • Without Consent (Dr. Anya Crichton, #2)
  • Home for Christmas (Article Row, #2)
Lin Anderson was born in Greenock of Scottish and Irish parents. A graduate of both Glasgow and Edinburgh Universities, she has lived in many different parts of Scotland and also spent five years working in the African bush. A teacher of Mathematics and Computing, she began her writing career four years ago. Her first film, Small Love, which was broadcast on STV, was nominated for TAPS writer of t ...more
More about Lin Anderson...

Rhona MacLeod (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Driftnet (Rhona MacLeod #1)
  • Torch (Rhona MacLeod #2)
  • Deadly Code (Rhona MacLeod #3)
  • Easy Kill (Rhona MacLeod #5)
  • Final Cut (Rhona MacLeod #6)
  • The Reborn (Rhona MacLeod #7)
  • Picture Her Dead (Rhona MacLeod #8)
  • Paths of the Dead (Rhona MacLeod #9)
  • The Special Dead (Rhona MacLeod #10)
  • None but the Dead (Rhona Macleod #11)