Start by marking “Rules in Blackmail” as Want to Read:
Rules in Blackmail

Rules in Blackmail

(Blackhawk Security #1)

Blackhawk Security Elite Protection Services—

Their business is your safety

But not hers. Former SEAL Sullivan Bishop refuses to work for Jane Reise. The JAG Corps prosecutor is hard core—and he never stopped blaming her for his brother’s death. But Blackhawk is Jane’s only hope in fending off a frightening stalker, and she’ll blackmail Sullivan to get it. Forced
Published July 1st 2018 by Harlequin Intrigue

To ask other readers questions about Rules in Blackmail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rules in Blackmail

Start your review of Rules in Blackmail
Shatarupa  Dhar
Series: Blackhawk Security #1

Synopsis:
Legendary JAG Corps prosecutor Captain Jane Reise seeks out Blackhawk Security owner Sullivan Bishop for help. Protection from a stalker, to be precise. Even if she has to blackmail him to do the job. Because he doesn't want to have to do anything with her now, does he? Especially with the history between her and his family. But then, something dastardly happens which changes his mind and brings forward every protective instinct he possesses to prot
Paula Brandon
May 25, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Although I liked the fact that this Intrigue book took place outside of the standard Texas or Colorado setting (it takes place in Alaska), that's about the only positive thing I can say about it. I had a quick look at the other reviews after reading the book, and saw lots of 4 and 5 star ratings. Did I read the same book? Am I too picky? This was just awful!

Jane Riese is a JAG prosecutor who is being stalked. She blackmails Sullivan Bishop, the head of Blackhawk Security, into helping her stay a
Books and Spoons
Severe, savage, and sharp suspense, the kind of creepy stalking where I can feel the eyes on me, giving the chills, the kind of up close and personal action that scared the daylights outta me.
No one is safe from the battle or from getting wounded, hurt, or marred, not even the protagonists. The fight for survival is acute, you can taste the fear, you can hear the war cries, the images the author creates are vivid and toe-curling frightening. There are no guarantees of anyone surviving the hosti
Zoe Forward
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced, action-packed with hot romance...a great ride and everything I love about romantic suspense. Ah, this couple. Sullivan and Jane. They were a lot of fun to watch the angst between two bullheaded people. This heroine is all spitfire and willing to do whatever it takes to get what she needs, which is Sullivan’s help, and like the title says, she uses blackmail. Someone’s stalking her, threatening her. The twists and turns as danger closes in on their lives kept me turning the pages.
The
Bec

Review Posted at HarlequinJunkie.com

When JAG Corp prosecutor Jane Reise discovers she has a stalker, she doesn’t know who else to turn to except Former SEAL Sullivan Bishop. Unfortunately, convincing him to work for her is impossible, especially given their past history. However, Jane has information on Sullivan he’d rather not have aired, so she uses the knowledge to gain his co-operation. Will Sullivan call her bluff or will he allow her to blackmail him? Read More
Ash
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
High octane action but I wanted to know how she got into his office in the first place.
One thing I didn't like was how she exposed his secret without thinking about the repercussions for him. He could have gone to prison if the situation went against him.
Marcie Robinson
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Rules in Blackmail” is book one of Nichole Severn’s Blackhawk Security miniseries.

Jane Reise’s life is in danger and the only man she believes who can help is also the man she is positive hates her.
The last thing Sullivan Bishop wants is for Jane to be a client of Blackhawk Security, but when she blackmails him with information about his past, he has no choice.
As Sullivan and Jane fight for survival against a menacing adversary, they begin to fall for each other despite having personal rules fo
Lissanne Jones
I really enjoyed this book. Sullivan Bishop hates Jane Reise; he holds her responsible for the suicide of his brother because Jane prosecuted him years ago. When she shows up at his supposedly impenetrable office one night, asking for his help to find the man who’s been stalking her, Sullivan refuses. In desperation, Jane blackmails him because she knows a secret about Sullivan that could put him in prison and lose him his business.

Faced with no choice, Sullivan calls his team in. They soon find
Carolyn
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Action-packed, fast-paced book full of suspense and hot chemistry between the H/H that start out not liking one another. Great read, but not finding out how Jane broke into the office and her turning Sullivan in to the police kept me from rating this book with 5 stars...

BlackHawk Security is owned by former SEAL Sullivan Bishop. His business is to protect others but when Jane Reise, JAG Corps prosecutor breaks into his office to obtain his help, he refuses. Sullivan blames her for his brother's
Toth Jo-Ann
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st time I've read this author and I loved the story. I enjoyed meeting Sullivan and Jane. They reminded me of people I've met in my life. I like how she brings Sullivan and Jane to life. The way she keeps the other characters going in the story is great also. I'm waiting for stories about the rest of Sullivan's team for they are unique. The story line is awesome for she keeps you in suspense as to what is going to happen next. When you find out who is the major bad guy it will shock ...more
Paula
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted this story in paperback , but I would have purchased it anyway. As soon as I read the synopsis of the story I was intrigued. Wow what a wonderful suspenseful storyline. So well written and exciting ,great characters. I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend taking the time to read this story. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author. A must read.
Mona
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing book. Sullivan can’t believe who’s in his office. The last person he’d ever want to see. To say he can’t stand her is putting it mildly. How did she get past his security? Jane Riese.
He’s so mad at her and tells her to leave his office. When she doesn’t and blackmails him into helping her he’s stunned. He here’s her out. It’s not until they leave his office things become real, and he believes what she’s saying.

Jane might have a reputation as being somewhat of a cold heart, but
Louise Mcclanahan-brewer
Fast paced, action packed, Sullivan Bishop is hot ex Seal turned Security Protection. Jane Reise is kick ass Jag lawyer, now throw in romance and lots of bad guys, lots of suspense with twists and turns and you’ve got one hellava read! Awesome job Nicole, will definitely read more from this author!!
Angela Royster
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jane has a stalker and knows just who can help her Sullivan even if she has to blackmail him to help. This story has lots of action and suspense plus a twist in the end that surprises you. I was drawn in from the beginning and eagerly turned page after page enjoying this story til the end.
Vanessa
this story hooked me in from page one and could not sleep until I finished reading.
two people emotional affected by events in their past and circumstances brought them together. Great introduction to the Blackhawk security team.
Maryann Barnett
Teresa  Hild
Oct 06, 2018
marie jose van der lee
Nov 25, 2019

• Cowboy Above the Law (The Lawmen of McCall Canyon #1)
  • Body of Evidence (Colby Agency: Sexi-ER #3)
  • Saved by the Sheriff (Eagle Mountain Murder Mystery #1)
  • The Deputy's Baby (Protectors Of Riker County #5)
  • Cowboy's Secret Son (Carder Texas Connections, #9)
  • Ranger Guardian (Texas Brothers of Company B #3)
  • Three Courageous Words (Mission: Six #3)
  • Hard Rustler (Whitehorse, Montana: The Clementine Sisters #1)
  • Avalanche of Trouble (Eagle Mountain Murder Mystery #2)
  • SWAT Standoff (Tennessee SWAT #5)
  • Armed Response (Omega Sector: Under Siege #5)
  • Major Crimes (Omega Sector: Under Siege #4)
  • Finger on the Trigger (The Lawmen of McCall Canyon #2)
  • The Negotiation (Protectors Of Riker County #6)
  • Colton Cowboy Jeopardy (The Coltons of Mustang Valley #8)
  • The Sheriff's Secret
  • Rescued by the Marine (Harlequin Intrigue Book 1)
  • Rogue Gunslinger (Whitehorse, Montana: The Clementine Sisters #2)
Nichole Severn writes explosive romantic suspense with strong heroines, heroes who dare challenge them, and a hell of a lot of guns. She graduated from Utah Valley University with a degree in Psychology and from Nevada State College with a degree in English Literature. She's a member of Romance Writers of America.

She resides with her very supportive and patient husband, as well as her demon spawn,

Blackhawk Security (4 books)
  • Rules in Rescue (Blackhawk Security #2)
  • Rules in Deceit (Blackhawk Security #3)
  • Rules in Defiance (Blackhawk Security #4)

News & Interviews