Start by marking “The Carnival of the Night” as Want to Read:
The Carnival of the Night

The Carnival of the Night

Some call it purgatory, others know it as the in-between, but for those poor souls who are trapped there eternally, it is simply The Carnival — a macabre mockery where night is never-ending, and a sadistic creature known as The Fool reigns unchallenged.

And The Fool has one rule: No one leaves The Carnival. Ever.

Christopher, the latest arrival thrust reluctantly through t
Published March 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Carnival of the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Carnival of the Night

Kristen
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: spfbo4
Full review is on my blog here, and The Weatherwax Report here!~

This book was really very short, and this review of the book is going to be maybe a little bit shorter than my normal billion words. :)

This is the story of Christopher, who wakes up one day on a bus with only one other person on it, who tells him that he’s died and is on his way to purgatory. Purgatory in this case being the Carnival of the Night, a creepy carnival that never ends that is run by The Fool – not the devil, but certain
Sandy
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Purgatory is a carnival filled with evil? I imagine for some, a carnival could be thought of as a place between heaven and hell. The funhouse has never been much fun - it’s almost like touring a haunted house any day of the year. Games at this carnival are taken to extremes. We know all the games at fairs, carnivals, arcades, etc. are rigged - it’s become part of the challenge. However, ensure you follow ALL of the rules if you don’t want to become part of said game.

I want to comment from so man
Russell
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This review is going to be a mini-essay thing
My story to finding this book is pretty unique compared to the other books that I've read. Instead of getting a friend recommendation or finding it on Goodreads' lists, I was on Reddit. On my front page, I saw that there was an announcement from this person saying that their novella was finished. Being a pretty avid reader, I was interested. After reading the first chapter, I was very intrigued. I was very happy to find out that it's free on Kindle
Brian's Book Blog
Carey Writes A Story That Begs To Be Read In One Sitting

5 out of 5 stars
At the time of writing this review, there were 58 5-star reviews (out of 58). I’ll add at least number 59. I won’t say that I went into this skeptical, but that’s a hell of a lot of 5-star reviews for a book.

Carnival of the Night was one of those stories that just builds and builds and builds. It starts off almost unassuming but by the end you find yourself wanting to flip forward (or skip forward in my case) to the end just
Brooks
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
A short, but interesting book. The writing is mostly well-done with some typos and formatting issues that are hopefully fixed in a future update. Fair warning to anyone planning to read this book it is surprisingly dark and violent with frequent swearing.
The story is quite unique. I've never come across a depiction of Purgatory like this before, and that alone made it worth reading for me. The author, Nicholas Carey, manages to fit quite a few noteworthy characters from varying mythologies into
Violet Laflamme
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
Christopher ends up in purgatory, also known as The Carnival. Once he discovers what it's like in there, and the stakes are raised far beyond his own existence, he knows he has to escape. There are some familiar characters in this tale, Death being one of them, but also some new takes on old ideas. Death's daughter, for example.

This is a great story. Definitely worth checking out and in my opinion the descriptions of the dark carnival games are worth the cost of admission alone.
Lindsey Malick
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
A much different take on purgatory; the in-between becomes a horror show.
The book has a great story but the last 30 pages seemed like the fast forward button had been skipped. If the ending had been drawn out, it would have been much more satisfying.
Kimberly L.
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So glad I purchased this book!!!

This is the first book that I've read by this Author and it will definitely NOT be the last! This story kept me entertained and invested from the first chapter. I only hope that these characters have a chance to appear in a future book.
Matt
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Crazy creative and fun

I didn't know a book so macabre could be such a fun read. It had both great characters and story lines
I_hate_books
Apr 12, 2018
Steven
Apr 23, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Nicholas Carey is an English author who writes fantasy and sci-fi stories, in which he is able to imagine the impossible or unlikely - such as the sun coming out in the village where he lives.

Sign up for his mailing list to know when he releases new books or runs promotions: https://bit.ly/2rIhmFo

You can visit his reddit page for more information on current stories: http://reddit.com/r/nickofnight