Start by marking “An End to Upside Down Thinking: Why Your Assumptions about the Material World Are No Longer Scientifically True” as Want to Read:

Consciousness creates all material reality. Biological processes do not create consciousness. This conceptual breakthrough turns traditional scientific thinking upside down. In An End to Upside Down Thinking, Mark Gober traces his journey - he explores compelling scientific evidence from a diverse set of disciplines, ranging from psychic phenomena, to near-death ...more
Published September 25th 2018 by Waterside Press

To ask other readers questions about An End to Upside Down Thinking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An End to Upside Down Thinking

Start your review of An End to Upside Down Thinking: Why Your Assumptions about the Material World Are No Longer Scientifically True
Erik Persson
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! The fact that it is not a scientist who wrote this means that (at least I) did not see any bias. The evidence and studies Mark accumulated and presented in this book are lead me the reconsider what I had previously thought about consciousness. I am not completely persuaded into the idea that consciousness is concrete, but the book gave good evidence and examples of phenomena that can't be explain with science.

A great introduction into the topic!
Linda Gaines
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Great book. Mark does an amazing job of collecting and organizing massive amounts of scientific studies on psychic events and presenting them in an understandable manner. This is a life-changing book. I listened to it on Audible then I bought a hard copy to read. Don't miss it.
Annie Kay
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
At first I was disappointed that this book, which addressing something I think about a lot, was not written by a scientist or someone with a scientific background.

Then, the thesis - that most bench scientists believe that consciousness arises from matter - seemed old and tired to me. I guess as a yogini for so many yrs, understanding that consciousness is more fluid and of-the-ether is not new news. Reading that it is controversial, I just felt a little sad.

All this said, I did appreciate his
Fiona Saunders
Real world evidence validates my beliefs. It is great to read and listen to proof of what I generally already believe. it is a sad day but not a huge surprise that mainstream science is censuring discoveries amd knowledge from the masses. But what really surprised me is even this wall in fornt of them some scientists across multiple disciplines have climbed the wall any way and found a abundance of new and amazing stuff that works on the emotional and spiritual level. This book is also what the ...more
michael
Mar 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
"I wanna believe so badly in a truth beyond our own, hidden and obscured from all but the most sensitive eyes. In the endless procession of souls, in what cannot and will not be destroyed. I want to believe we are unaware of God's eternal recompense and sadness. That we cannot see his truth. That that which is born still lives and cannot be buried in the cold earth, but only waits to be born again at God's behest, where in ancient starlight we lay in repose."
- Fox Mulder, FBI Special Agent
Sean Helvey
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a seminal work that I would recommend to anyone who is interested in.. umm, life? It’s incredible to be alive at a time when the concepts in here are only beginning to be understood.
Darrell
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books-ever
This is a milestone book. FINALLY, a book that summarizes all the evidence in Quantum Science!

It’s not necessarily pioneering, and there isn’t anything new in here, but holy cow, the author knocked it out of the park. Why? Because he took a good thousand+ books, and a few decades worth of research, and somehow, amazingly, summed it up into an easily readable, understandable, persuasive and succinct book.
I mean, I always hesitated to talk to people about this stuff because it’s like, “Well,
Christy ofthewoods
This book is great for people who are just starting on their path from materialism. I had already researched all of the phenomenon he mentions in the book, but I still really enjoyed the opening and how he explains materialism with the pyramid. Give to those who are teetering on the edge of materialism and need a mind blowing push.
Keith Preston
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the most challenging books that I've read. Challenging, because that's what it does: it takes on the topics that are scoffed at and dismissed by traditional or material science. However, recent advances in quantum mechanics point to the stories and evidence portrayed in this book.
After reading, it left more questions than answers . . . and of course, I stepped back into the comfort zone that may, in fact, not be real.
I want to "re-read" this in audio book format with the hope
Eben
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing

The scientific study of the mind-brain relationship, including all manner of human experiences, combined with the deepest mysteries of modern physics, are leading to an unprecedented shift in human understanding of the nature of reality, one that many in the field feel will make the Copernican Revolution seem minuscule by comparison. In An End to Upside Down Thinking, Mark Gober provides a broad sketch of the relevant scientific lines of inquiry to support this inevitable, yet very empowering
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
I am still making my way through this book. I do find it very interesting and thought provoking, but I tend to try to apply what I learn as I go, so I think it may take me sometime to really work my way through his book. If you ever wondered about consciousness this book is for you. I would love it if you read this book and have thoughts to please share them with me. I love to read comments from others and interact with others who have thoughts about these types of books.
Callie
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough about this life-enhancing book! This puts EVERYTHING into perspective and has been essential in reshaping the way I now look at and experience life! SO grateful to Mark Gober for putting this information together so brilliantly, in a way that is easy to follow, easy to understand and easy to immediately implement. I am a firm believer that this has brought my upside down thinking to an end and I am watching my world turn right side up as a result!!
Francis Djabri
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
I am totally open to the idea that consciousness precedes matter. Really I am - after all, no one really understands the relationship between consciousness and the brain. This book had me initially excited to explore some non-materialistic perspectives, of which I’m hungry to find out more. But this book is so badly written and its reasoning so spurious that I rapidly lost interest. Useful though for pointing out some links to other sources.
Mit Eoram
Sep 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
One of the most ridiculous books I have ever read. The whole book is nothing more than quote after quote from the same sources over and over and over. The author uses sound byte quotes from famous scientists to make it sound like he has represented the opposing side of the question at hand. I would like to have the time back that I invested in this book.
Carla King
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the most important books of our decade.
Aaron Webb
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely get the book not audiobook
Andrew Ashby
It’s old news to me. I’ve been reading on this subject for over 30 years. NDEs and such. The evidence.
It’s so overwhelming that one has to wonder why the mass ignorance and rejection. I realize it’s not meant for us as humanity, to KNOW. Collective Consciousness, or God, whatever you call it, the absolute essence of Love, created the cosmos, the Universe, in such an exact mathematical motion so as to achieve the ability for the spiritual or unmanifested to become physical beings, a vehicle as
William A Black
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Supporting Monist Idealism

I found this a helpful recapitulation of the current thinking regarding the metaphysics of Idealism. The introduction and early chapters provided an excellent restatement and insight into why this demonstrates a paradigm shift profoundly effecting existing scientific and philosophical reasoning. However, I found much of the evidence regarding psychic phenomena more of the nature of inferential supporting evidence rather than a proof and lacking a firm empirical or
Ogi Ogas
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
My ratings of books on Goodreads are solely a crude ranking of their utility to me, and not an evaluation of literary merit, entertainment value, social importance, humor, insightfulness, scientific accuracy, creative vigor, suspensefulness of plot, depth of characters, vitality of theme, excitement of climax, satisfaction of ending, or any other combination of dimensions of value which we are expected to boil down through some fabulous alchemy into a single digit.
J R
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not sure about how I feel about this book. Even with some scientific evidence he presents I just an not sure I believe in reincarnation, life after death and other concepts Gober presents. Guess none of us will know until death comes knocking at our door.

Vlad
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it
A valiant and brave attempt. Too much desire to believe led the author to overstate the case he’s trying to make. A more skeptical approach would’ve wooed better, rather than the zeal-infused path taken here.
Carol
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of food for thought.
Paul LaFontaine
A revisit of many woo woo theories and an attempt to tie quantum theory to things like remote viewing and telepathy. The only thing it did not touch on is how to become an Elon Musk Whisperer by flying through the Bermuda Triangle.

Some interesting ideas about materialism but did not alter my worldview overly much.

Can't recommend
Feb 25, 2019
Brent Dehn
Jun 24, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• One Mind: How Our Individual Mind Is Part of a Greater Consciousness and Why It Matters
  • Signs: The Secret Language of the Universe
  • The Systems View of Life
  • Kybalion: A Study of the Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece
  • Real Magic: Ancient Wisdom, Modern Science, and a Guide to the Secret Power of the Universe
  • The Nature of Consciousness: Essays on the Unity of Mind and Matter
  • Deep Medicine: How Artificial Intelligence Can Make Healthcare Human Again
  • With All Due Respect: Defending America With Grit and Grace
  • The Soul of a Doctor: Harvard Medical Students Face Life and Death
  • What Radical Husbands Do: 12 Steps to Win and Keep Your Wife's Heart
  • Medical Terminology: The Best and Most Effective Way to Memorize, Pronounce and Understand Medical Terms: Second Edition
  • Resident on Call: A Doctor's Reflections on His First Years at Mass General
  • The No Asshole Rule: Building a Civilized Workplace and Surviving One That Isn't