Start by marking “Star Trek: Discovery - Succession” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: Discovery - Succession

Star Trek: Discovery - Succession

(Star Trek: Discovery: Succession #1-4)

A new adventure tied directly to events from the second half of the hit CBS All Access series' first season, featuring all your favorite characters!

...Or, at least, versions of them.

Ten years before Kirk and Spock set off on their original five year mission, the crew of the U.S.S. Discovery visited the infamous Mirror Universe, and didn't like what they found. Now journey
Published November 20th 2018 by IDW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Arlette Krijgsman
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet sequence of comics, very enjoyable, but only if you already know the characters. I loved the bits of background on Stamets' and Culber's relationship and the way Sylvia Tilly was introduced. Everyone is drawn according to their actors and the drawings look very good, something that has annoyed me with novelisations of series in the past (I am looking at you, Vikings graphic novel). The art style is gorgeous and vibrant.
Jarrah
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A vibrant, colourful, violent romp in the Discovery Mirror Universe. Succession is special among Discovery comics because it can tell us new things about the characters and Mirror Universe, introducing big surprises that are somewhat limited in the Prime universe Disco comics while the show is ongoing. It's great to see some of the secondary Disco characters - particularly the women - get major play in this plotline, from Mirror L'Rell to Mirror Airiam to Mirror Cornwell.
Devin Copes
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This graphic novel picks up right after the USS Discovery leaves the Mirror Universe, where we get to witness the aftermath of Gabriel Lorca's attempted coup and the "interference" of the Discovery. It shows us just how bloodthirsty Mirror Universe and the Terran Empire really is, more so than we have been able to see on any episode of Discovery, TOS, or DS9. I won't give away the twist ending, but let's just say looking back I should have expected it but it did take me by complete surprise when ...more
Ahdom
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love these Star Trek Discovery comics. There are not very many of them, but this one is great because it gives us the events in the mirror universe that season one leaves behind. I am really enjoying Discovery and I hope they keep some great comics in the Discovery line. This one also contained some great illustrations which is always a bonus. I love mirror universe, but I am a beginner when it comes to supplemental Star Trek reading so I am sure there is a lot out there that take place in the ...more
Ed
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Succession is far superior to the previous Star Trek: Discover comic mini-series and is one of the best IDW Star Trek comics overall. The plotting is very tightly paced and goes in some very surprising places, too. It's not surprising at all that one of the creators (Kristen Beyer) is a writer on the show; it truly feels like a natural continuation of the Mirror Universe episodes of season one of Discover. The art by Tony Shasteen is a great balance of cartooning with on-model character design. ...more
Adan
Jun 13, 2019 rated it liked it
A pair of interesting stories. The first details what happens in the Mirror Universe after Discovery’s first season, and man, Airiam is stone cold. So many people die in that story (mostly at Airiam’s hands), I’m surprised the Terran Empire survives to Kirk’s time.

The second story details how Lt. Stamets discovered the mycelial network, how he met and got together with Dr Culber, and how he joined Starfleet. It’s a nice bit of background.
Apostolos
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Morrell
I'm surprised how much I enjoyed this. The first story, the succession after the "death" of Emperor Georgiou, was okay, interesting. The second story, the discovery of the mycelial network and the staffing if the Discovery, was excellent. I was all in! Now to go check online to see if it's considered canon.
Emily Marie Reads  (Laserhawk)
This is a really well put together comic with two stories from the Disco arc.

The mirror universe in the first story is great, as this is one of my favourite elements of all of the different Star Trek series.

I also enjoyed the story of how Stamets and Culber met and fell in love and how Tilly got her place on Discovery.
John Yelverton
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
I have never been a fan of the mirror universe in "Star Trek," and this graphic novel did nothing to change my opinion on that subject. Furthermore, it creates definite canon issues within "Star Trek: Discovery" itself, which is already the most disruptive show to "Star Trek" canon ever created.
Stephan van Velzen
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Two perfectly adequate stories.
James
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Decent followup to the Discovery mirror universe. Basically everyone kills everyone sort of fun romp.
David Sanz
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Qué pasó con los terranos después de la serie? Aquí están las respuestas.
Debra Cook
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels, own
A chance to see what happened in the alternate universe and how stanis created the mycillia network.
Dennis Lynch
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Complex story of politics and betrayals
David Garrick
rated it did not like it
Oct 26, 2018
Apr 21, 2019
Ben Dudden
Apr 17, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

Star Trek: Discovery: Succession (4 books)
  • Star Trek: Discovery: Succession (#1 of 4)
  • Star Trek: Discovery: Succession (#2 of 4)
  • Star Trek: Discovery: Succession #3