Start by marking “The Copper Scroll (The Last Jihad, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Copper Scroll (The Last Jihad, #4)

The Copper Scroll

(The Last Jihad #4)

On June 1, 1956, the New York Times broke a story that captured the imagination of the world. Another Dead Sea Scroll had been found, describing unimaginable treasures buried in the hills east of Jerusalem and under the holy city itself. But the scroll's code had to be broken, and experts from all sides warned that any effort by Israel to rebuild the Temple with the treasu ...more
Published April 1st 2007 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published August 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Copper Scroll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Copper Scroll

Start your review of The Copper Scroll (The Last Jihad, #4)
Skip
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Jon Bennett and Erin McCoy are finally married, but during their ceremony, a suicide bomber attacks a famous hotel in Washington DC, killing two prominent archaeologists. Several other archaeologists have also died mysteriously over the past few months. While on their honeymoon in the picturesque city of Ronda, Spain, their close friend and surrogate father, Eli Mordechai is ambushed in Israel and tells them what the archaeologists seek. Meanwhile, Iraq's moderate new president is trying to buil ...more
Ann Keller
Utterly captivating novel! Wow. This one is a real page turner. When you think about the implications of the story, it gets you thinking even more.

I shall be reading more by this author.
Alexandra Swann
"The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure buried in a field..."

I loved this book. This was my first book by Joel Rosenberg. I receive his blog on my email almost daily, and I have seen his testimony on video, but I had not read any of his novels before The Copper Scroll. I read it out of order--I believe there are two or three in the series ahead of it which I will go back now and read. Having said that, the story is easy enough to follow that reading the books out of order is not a problem.

I wa
Matt
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A biblical thriller about the last days. This won’t be a book everyone will read, because of its fictional and religious nature. It is a well written and loosely based on Johns book of revelation. An action packed thriller. This is book #4 of the he series. I didn’t read the first three, but understood a little of what they were about while reading this one. I will probably be looking through the used bookstores for book #5.
J.T. IV
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: action, mystery
This series folks looks like it is taken straight out of current world headlines. Again, if you haven’t read this, and you like action and a little bit of romance, and a lot of suspense, this is a great series. You could watch FOX or CNN and their coverage of the Middle East and then read these books and the hair on the back of your neck would stand up. The Copper Scroll is based upon the actual copper scroll found in the Dead Sea scrolls back in the 1950’s Jon Bennet and Erin McCoy are on the h ...more
Jerry
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Here is my review of the entire series:

Ed
This continues the series started by The Last Jihad. I recommend that you read the previous works before you tackle this volume. This story in only 13 days long, and is continually a thriller from beginning to ending.
B Shea
Apr 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Ok they found the Ark of the Covenant ! This book was interesting but maybe too many Bible passages included and a little confusing going thru all the hidden tunnels. Cliff hanger ending.
Rod Morehead
Jan 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
The Copper Scroll is the latest installment of the Last Jihad series by of fiction thrillers by Joel C. Rosenberg.

Joel Rosenberg first came to national attention by writing the first book in the series, The Last Jihad, about a terrorist attach by hijacking an airliner and flying a kamikaze attack against the United States. Not to impressive unless you realize the book was written nine months prior to 9/11.

Not unlike author Dan Brown, Joel Rosenberg writes from a foundation of research and fact
Brigitt
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Another well written book. I love the action, adventure and scripture in this book. Prophesy is such an amazing subject to read about. Thank you
Mariah
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobooks
This book might be proof that I'll read about anything with words. In a desperate need for a novel to commute by, and my hold wasn't in, I picked this up. It wasn't until I was loading the discs into the changer that I realized it had an endorsement by Rush Limbaugh and I almost took it back to the library. For the most part I am glad that I didn't.

The Copper Scroll delivers a similar roller-coaster ride that Dan Brown's books do along side a heavy dose of conservative Christian values. After a
Don
May 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book has been falsely rated on goodreads. If you research the "ratings" you will see in 6 years since publication on 22 REAL reviews were registered. The remainder are completely auto-generated to increase the ranking of this horrible book.
Over the years I have just started using gr for all of my book choices. Why? The ratings are accurate. If it's less than a 3.5, it probably stinks. If it's greater than a 3.8, it most always is well written, solid plot and a real page-turner.
I'm not sur
Pete Tiffany
May 16, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
I can't say enough about this author, he's insightful and really understands the middle east and his story telling is fast paced and action packed. It's a white-nuckle ride from cover to cover.

Unfortunately, I started his books out of order. They all have the same charecters and follow a chronological order so it helps to read them in order.

The Last Jihad (currently reading)is the first of the series and was written before 9/11, but includes in the story line the bombing of the USA by terrorist
Jennifer H
Aug 25, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alreadyread
This book was the fourth in the series. The premise is based around the copper scroll discovered in the 1960's. Until this book, I had never heard of such a thing - the dead sea scrolls, but not this one. It is based around the treasure hunt of the riches described in this scroll and ends with them finding it and the arc of the covenant. The author has a good command of the old testament and of biblical prophesies, and again does not end up being another "left behind" knockoff, even though the w ...more
Jerome
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
One of Rosenberg's better novels.

The Copper Scroll takes place after the War of Mog and Magog which is referenced in Ezekiel 38-39 and is set in a world where Israel's enemies have been destroyed, such as Russia and many of the Middle Eastern countries. The plot relations to modern times and potentially future events were interesting items to consider especially a rebuilt Iraq and its rise to power and attempt to consolidate the Middle East into a Super Power. The differences between Europe and
Evelyn
Apr 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
In 1956, another Dead Sea scroll was found telling of unimaginable wealth buried near Jerusalem, but no one has yet deciphered it. Now, radical Islam has been defeated and Israel is being pressured to rebuild on the Temple of the Mount, but democratic Arab nations are banding together to stop them. Is this the beginning of the end of days?

Sequel to The Ezekiel Option, but doesn't have to be read in order. Frighteningly realistic scenes mirror current Middle East problems. Highly recommend.
Dana
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rosenberg's series, The Last Jihad, is about the Last Days as foretold by the Bible. It is a fictionalized account of how these events 'could' happen.

I just finished the last 3 of this series, one after the other. They are: The Ezekiel Option, The Copper Scrott, & Dead Heat.

These are terrific stories reminiscent of Tim LaHaye's "Left Behind" series which I read years ago. The stories center around Jon Bennett and Erin McCoy as they help the U.S. government sort through the terrifying events of t
Dianna
May 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
The Copper Scroll is the fourth book in Joel Rosenberg's series on the events of the last days. I haven't read the first three, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was by turns exciting and disturbing. Exciting because it was well written and researched, and disturbing because it is so plausible that it could very well be a possible scenario for the "beginning of the end". I look forward to reading the rest of the books in this series.
Trish
Aug 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
I would recommend this reading for those who are neophytes of the Jewish /Islamic / Christian conflicts and faith, it opens your ryes and heart to the world of faith and the deep rooted struggle between these spiritual postures. I pursued the international espionage and conflict adventure, only to be absorbed by the tantalizing faith! If you like intrigue and good documentary of the archeological aspects of religions, this one is thrilling!
Diane
Mar 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Well, this is the 4th book in the series...and I still really like them. It's getting much more apocalyptical. (Is that a word?)..this one is aimed at the building of the third Temple. But it's a crazy pace...sort of like the Bourne Conspiracy. No falling asleep reading this one.
Tiffany
Jun 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
What an amazingly intriguing book. It involved all emotions. The plot was fast paced and mysterious. Biblical prophecy included in the twists and turns of adventure. Excellent book! I plan to read more of this author.
Mary
Aug 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This was especially interesting since I have been to Qumran and Jerusalem so it was interesting to visualize the settings in this books. Keep reading to the last book. One of the best series I've ever come across.
Rebekah Joy
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I started "The Copper Scroll" right after finishing "The Ezekiel Option" - and read it in 24 hours! I highly recommend this series for those who are eager to see what's just on the horizon of world events...through the lens of Biblical Truth.
Gordon Kuntz
Dec 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: joel-rosenberg
As with his other novels it holds your attention and the suspense is great. The scripture quotes were accurate and well placed throughout the novel.
Joseph Lewis
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
What can I say, not only did I like it, I stole the "copper scroll" idea for use in The Diaries of Pontius Pilate !
Jacob Aitken
Standard excellence as in all of Rosenberg's books. My only criticism was that he was a bit free in his use of the deus ex machina.
Mario
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, mystery, thriller
Your reaction to the book will largely depend on your acceptance of the underlying premise. Ignoring the premise, this is a competent, engaging thriller -- with the exception of the occasional glimpse into the machinations of the bad guys, who seem to be written in a different, less thoughtful style as if they were tacked on after the book was finished.

The premise itself has two problems. The one is the obvious, heavy protestant-style Christian theme. It's not so much that the characters themsel
Caryn
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Copper Scroll is one of the best books I have read in a long time. It delves into the mysteries of the Dead Sea Scrolls and through that the Copper Scroll is found. It is tells of untold fortunes to be found buried in the east hills of Jerusalem and under the city itself. Present day events are woven together to take the leap into what may happen next. The lives of Jon Bennett and Erin McCoy are interlocked as they both work as direct agents for the President, Bennett being the Senior Adviso ...more
sharon duthie
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rosenberg is in a league of his own!!

Brilliant, exciting, believable, great storyline, lovable characters and fascinating topic. Only problem was I kept getting sidetracked by stopping & googling the various topics he wrote about, but that was good as it made the book last longer. I know I only have one book left so I have to pace myself. The copper scroll and the third temple are fascinating and even more relevant topics now than they were in 2005 when he wrote the book. Since then the US Embas
Marina L Reed
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A fun read. I always love reading work with historical facts inside. This one was no exception. It inspires me to do more research after reading. Rosenberg spins a good tale. It's a great read for an airplane or the beach. Whisks you away. There wasn't a lot of depth in the characters and the writing is a bit thin. But the yarn keeps you on the edge of your seat and I'd read another one of his books. I didn't like that he used the story to try and pull in readers to become born again Christians. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Ladies Book Club: Oct. Book 1 3 Nov 13, 2013 10:35AM

• Deadline (Ollie Chandler #1)
  • Placebo (The Jevin Banks Experience, #1)
  • Edge of Apocalypse (The End, #1)
  • Singularity (The Jevin Banks Experience, #2)
  • Lion of Babylon (Marc Royce #1)
  • The Russia Account (Tommy Carmellini #9)
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • The Titanic Secret (Isaac Bell, #11)
  • The Directive (Mike Ford, #2)
  • Babylon Rising (Babylon Rising, #1)
  • Hit List (Stone Barrington, #53)
  • House on Fire (Nick Heller #4)
  • Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #10)
  • Fallen
  • The 500 (Mike Ford, #1)
  • The Warsaw Protocol (Cotton Malone, #15)
  • Brute Force (Jericho Quinn, #6)
  • Waking the Dead: The Glory of a Heart Fully Alive
Note: This is a different person than the fantasy author, Joel Rosenberg

Joel C. Rosenberg is the founder of The Joshua Fund and the New York Times best-selling author of THE LAST JIHAD (2002), THE LAST DAYS (2003), THE EZEKIEL OPTION (2005), THE COPPER SCROLL (2006), EPICENTER (2006) and DEAD HEAT (2008) with m

The Last Jihad (5 books)
  • The Last Jihad (The Last Jihad, #1)
  • The Last Days (The Last Jihad, #2)
  • The Ezekiel Option (The Last Jihad, #3)
  • Dead Heat (The Last Jihad, #5)