Start by marking “I Am Hermes!: Mischief-Making Messenger of the Gods” as Want to Read:
I Am Hermes!: Mischief-Making Messenger of the Gods

I Am Hermes!: Mischief-Making Messenger of the Gods

At birth, Hermes, son of Zeus and the Nymph Maia, says his first word: "Gimme!" In this graphic novel about the mischievous, fun-loving messenger of the gods, Mordicai Gerstein transports classical mythology to the 21st century.

"The world!" the newly born Hermes says. "It's even better than I expected! I love it! I want it all!"

On his first day of life, Hermes manages to
Published April 16th 2019 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about I Am Hermes!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Am Hermes!

Start your review of I Am Hermes!: Mischief-Making Messenger of the Gods
Oracle
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The way that Hermes was presented here in this graphic novel was ABSOULETLY aDORKable in his own way. As you tutn each page you're able to get a genuine feel for Heremes's personality. It almoat makes you feel the messenger God himself is sitting nearby as you read it. THIS one will bring many smiles to your face and allow a burst of laughter to brighten your world. WELL written and beautifully illustrated! If you're an Ancient Greece fan? And you haven't read this one? You NEED to. :D ...more
Felicia
For Read Aloud .

3rd Grade Classroom - I personally enjoy reading graphic novels aloud because I find it encourages students to keep their attention forward to follow the story. Due to time constraint, I was only able to complete the first chapter. The story is fairly dense, and presented in a humorous manner. The mythology is well researched and the format makes it super accessible. Several students expressed their desire to continue this book on their own.
Tina Hoggatt
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an entirely painless and entertaining way to learn about the Greek Gods. The voice of Hermes is so thoroughly self aggrandizing and funny and the illustrations are lively and work well in the graphic novel format.
Emily Carlyn
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this graphic novel about Hermès. I think I will add it to my library, i don’t have much on Greek mythology. The illustrations and colors are so beautiful, fun, and engaging. I am a fan of the format of short story chapters used. Short list of resources in the back of the book.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
A random pick up! Much cute.
Katharine
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Gathers up the best-known stories about Hermes in a really fun graphic format. Painless learning.
Sonya
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun graphic novel of classic mythology filled with playful humor. Nice artwork.
DaNae
Hijinx with the god of mischief.
Shelby White
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lib-301
Enjoyed the layout and playfulness of the book. Enjoyed the characters and the illustrations.
Patricia
This book has illustrations that pair perfectly with the text. It makes for a whimsical illustration of the life of Hermes.
Briana
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was an ok read for me, I'm sure for a kid it would be a fun introduction to some Greek myths.
Amanda
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great artwork and overall very cute!
MaryLibrarianOH
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A graphic novel origin story for Hermes the Greek God. Fun way to introduce his stories.
Lyndi

• Bear Came Along
  • Going Down Home with Daddy
  • Sanity & Tallulah
  • The Pigeon Has to Go to School
  • Harold & Hog Pretend For Real! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #6)
  • The Undefeated
  • Queen of the Sea
  • The Important Thing About Margaret Wise Brown
  • Fly!
  • Tiger vs. Nightmare
Mordicai Gerstein was an American artist, writer, and film director, best known for illustrating and writing children's books. He illustrated the comic mystery fiction series Something Queer is Going On. He won the 2004 Caldecott Medal for U.S. picture book illustration.