Start by marking “Blood of the Empire (The Desolate Empire #6)” as Want to Read:
Blood of the Empire (The Desolate Empire #6)

Blood of the Empire

(The Desolate Empire #6)

he final battle approaches …

… but the champion of light is dead.

Though weakened by madness and imprisonment, Teodora is learning to control her demons. It’s time to gather the forces of darkness, and destroy those who stand in her way.

Including her own daughter.

Caught between her mother and the brutal general Mattila, Elektra feels powerless to stop the evil forces surroun
Published April 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Blood of the Empire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood of the Empire

Wayne
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an advanced readers copy from the author.

5 stars

Ever since I read the first book in this series I was hooked. This was the final book in this part of the series and it was a very fitting finale. Thank the stars there will be other books set in this world though .

Often i struggle when its been a while since i have read the previous book in a series . Many times i have had to actually re read that previous book before embarking on the latest one.
No need for that here. I knew st
Jeremy Spring
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series, and whole this is an excellent finish to it, I am a little torn by it being over at last. This is a great epic fantasy series, and this last book in it is wonderful. I suppose you could read this and get the gist of previous books without reading them, but why would you?
Loved it.
Patricia
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
An excellent ending to an epic series. Great world building, compelling characters, and edge of your seat action. The author ties up the story wonderfully and still leaves your longing for more. Looking forward to whatever she comes up with next.
Kate M. Colby
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait to get my hands on the final book in Christina Ochs' Desolate Empire series, and it completely lived up to my expectations. As always, the battlefield action and political maneuvering hooked me from the beginning and kept me guessing about what would happen to the characters I love (or love to hate). While I must admit that I'm a little disappointed with how certain characters' stories ended, the conclusion tied up all the loose ends and was entirely believable for the world. If ...more
Whitney McGruder
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't believe that I finally finished this series. I mean, these are monolithic books and this book is #6. Och's main strength is building up tension in each novel on different levels: the overall tension is "When is the evil Teodora gonna die?" Because she would rather die before surrendering, let's just say that. But, in each book, there was a few smaller conflicts that had you guessing the whole time. For me, I was wondering this whole time if a) Elektra was going to survive long enough ...more
Xoe
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I mostly enjoyed Blood of the Empire. I'm glad it's the last in the series, as things had begun to grow somewhat repetitive. I wasn't entirely satisfied with the final battle, which I found to be somewhat anticlimactic (I would have enjoyed some more action there), but overall, I did still enjoy the book. It wasn't my favorite in the series, but it did a fairly good job of resolving everything and tying up all the loose ends.

Disclaimer: I received a free ebook version of this book in exchange fo
Connie Taylor
D.w.
added it
May 16, 2018
Christina
May 30, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lindsey
brenda allmond
Dec 08, 2018
Perry Chalmers
Mar 16, 2019
Get a free ebook of the prequel when you join my reader's group!
Click the link below to get started:

The Desolate Empire (6 books)
  • Rise of the Storm (The Desolate Empire, #1)
  • Valley of the Shadow (The Desolate Empire #2)
  • Hammer of the Gods (The Desolate Empire, #3)
  • Winter of the Wolf (The Desolate Empire #4)
  • Fall of the Titan (The Desolate Empire #5)