Start by marking “Set the City on Fire (Made Men #1)” as Want to Read:
Set the City on Fire (Made Men #1)

Set the City on Fire

(Made Men #1)

Please don't die. Please don't die. Please don't die.
Leo heard the frantic whisper over and over in his head. She begged him to stay alive, and he couldn't very well disappoint her by dying.

Leonardo Costa
Someone tried to kill Leo, heir to the Costa family. Call it luck, call it a miracle, or simply say it wasn't his time, but Leo survived thanks to Freya. Those who
Published April 5th 2018 by Sophia J. Brown

To ask other readers questions about Set the City on Fire, please sign up.

Start your review of Set the City on Fire (Made Men #1)
Expresso
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Surprise. Surprise. SUR-FRIGGIN-PRISE! This gray mafia stunned the beegeebies out of me! Peony is a new to me author so I don’t know her from a can of paint. I do know she writes Mafia. And she writes mafia very well!

The mafia genre is near and dear to me. I have a very special list of mafia favorite couples that I don’t share for obvious reasons. However, I can tell you Leo and Freya made that list. From their initial meeting, which occurred in the most unusual way and it fit so well, to their
V. Theia
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh, Leo Costa, you did things to me! I mean, I would have gone to live with him too and pretended to be affianced to that gorgeous Mafia man. Good for you, Freya!

They had some serious heat between them but I also swooned for their cute moments. I'm a sucker for the cute from a big powerful, dangerous man.

Sophie's style was really enjoyable and I'm ready for book two, please!
Sammy ❤️Just Let Me Read Blog ❤️
Set the City on Fire was a fantastic mafia story filled with action, suspense, and sizzling hot romance. Sophia Peony wove a terrific storyline that captured the mafia aspect flawlessly, while giving readers a beautiful romance between two people from different worlds.

The characters of the story were really well written. I loved Freya's realness, her vulnerabilities, and her independence. She was a strong woman, yet soft at the same time. Meeting Leo changed her life, and the way she handled
Myra Espino
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Set the City on Fire is the first Sophia Peony I've read and I really loved it!!! Freya and Leo made me fall in love hard. From the start up to the last, I was hooked! Despite on how their relationship started, their chemistry is easily felt. Leo, my gawd!! This man got me hooked. With someone hell bent on wanting Leo gone, things will get more interesting and intense. Loved it! I can't wait for more of the series!
Reckless Readers
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I've read a book by Sophia, it'll not be the last as I found her writing addictive and thrilling. The story was a mix of violence, sensual and possessive. The characters were so different from each other but they worked so well! I'd love to see more, this was a good fire to watch burn.

***Reviewed by Codie***
Primrose Passage
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first mafia story I’ve had the pleasure of reading and I enjoyed it immensely. Leo is kidnapped and almost dies, but Freya comes to his rescue not realizes that she’s saving someone that’s part of the mafia. What really caught my attention is when Freya is put in a position at the club and is questioned about a dead man. You eventually find out that Leo does everything in his power to protect her. That protection begins with duty because she saved his life but eventually turns into a ...more
Energy
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Freya is just a woman who works her day job and spends her nights at home, occasionally going out with her friends. Little does she know that finding that man while she was hiking will change the course of her life forever. Leo is bossy, domineering, and all up in her business, but the more she gets to know him, the more those start to become her favorite qualities of him. While these two may come from two completely different worlds, they couldn't be more suited for each other. Set the City on ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me, and I will certainly be reading more from her in the future. Freya finds a man’s body in the woods, and rescues him unknowingly that he is the heir of the Costa mafia family. Somebody is out to kill Leo, and now he has to protect Freya as she has become a target as well. This is an addictive read, and I was intrigued and hooked throughout.
Ann L
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
First time author for me and this was explosive, I couldn't put it down even if I tried, it's action packed, sensual an nd all out dangerous, I was hooked

I received a complimentary copy and I am voluntarily leaving my own honest opinion
Terry
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG I was not ready for that to end!!! Please tell me there’s more????? Leo is fierce but Freya doesn’t let him push her around. The characters just kind of blend well together and omg so hot together. This is going to be a favorite for sure ...more
Samantha
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. This was just okay. There is some drama. There is some steamy sex but nothing to wow me.
Maria11
Jun 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok

This was ok. I just couldn’t get into the characters. They had great hot sex, but had no chemistry. I didn’t feel strong about their connection.

It was an ok read. Not bad not great
CL Westbrook
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book to read. From the start I just couldnt out the book down. I loved it. I want a Leo in my life... Wow, just wow!! A dominant, alpha male, who sets your world on fire and Freya a saviour who helps someone and in the process falls so hard for the guy!

It's got betrayal, loads of drama, fun elements, chemistry, hot sex and emotion all in one book.

I loved the story and all the characters. It a great read.

An amazing book to read. Fabulous xx
Lauryn
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my... This book is amazing. I'm in love with Mr tough guy Leo Costa and how he fell for the complete opposite girl anyone would ever think he would. This book is just amazing to the point I read it in one day!! Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. It is full of romance, danger, and a crazy storyline all at the same time. I don't think I can say enough about this book.
Gntme4
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book

I would give this 4.5 stars. I think it needed an epilogue. I loved Leo and Freya and how they met.
Christina
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
I really enjoyed this book. I'm not much of a Mafia fan but this book pulls you in. I really enjoyed it. This book has it all Hot sex, lies, betrayal, family, friendship and love how can you go wrong. This book is pretty simple story line girl save boy and boy repays her. Of course there is way more to the book but you have to read for that. Love Freya and Leo's story.

This is a voluntary review as I received the ARC from author for honest review.
Nicole Chu
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this outstanding book.
Sophia’s writing in this book just blew my mind. First of all Leo is now my one and only book bf!

I have not read any mafia type romance books before and I am glad I started with this one.
Freya is a low drama, smart, independent woman. She saves the life of the right man in Leo.
Unlike your typical gold digger she wants nothing from them. Then after a night at the club she now finds herself needing Leo.
Can I just saw how all the men in this book are hot
Bookgeek23
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved Leo and Freya if I had one thing I would love this to have been longer. I really wanted to see the wedding and how they are happy. Leo was amazing and I think I fell for him to be honest I think I have a thing for Mafia men. I can’t wait to read the next one.
Sparkymom
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Needs editing

I would have given this book 5 stars because the characters were great and the storyline was excellent, but the editing killed me. There were no spelling or punctuation problems, but I couldn't begin to count how many times the writing would go from past tense to present tense ( often in the middle of a sentence). Several places also had wrong word choices. I really enjoyed the author, but she needs a much better editor.
Lofty
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
3 1/2*
Freya found & saved Leo after he was kidnapped & beaten he’s the head of the Costa family. When their lives cross again months later it’s his turn to repay the favour.
who is trying to eliminate him & why?
A little confusing at times due to lots of characters but I’m sure they will be important in other books in the series.
A complete story with a true ending no cliffhanger.
A new author for me & hope to read more from her.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of
Allena
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mafia is one of my favorite genres to read; gotta love a bad boy. There are a lot of mafia romances out there some really good others not so good. I have to say I was hooked from chapter one.

Leo & Freya were great together and their first meeting was unusual. What follows was a great four star read that had passion, action and the suspense of a bad guy trying to take the family out anyway they could.

Angela
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once you've picked this book up there is no way you can put it down until it's finished.
Freya may be shy, & likes to live a quiet life but she is strong & loyal & will always protect those she loves .
Leo is all about family, THE FAMILY. He is next in line to take over as the head of the Costa family . Nothing is more important, until Freya.
Such a great story , with great characters
julianne
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sophia Peony is a new author to me and this won't be the last of her books I read.

Set the City in Fire is a brilliant example of a contemporary romance as a I can't wait for the sequel.
Cassandra Happyb
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Just WOW! There is always the joke, of a book hangover, after ending a book...

And, after this book, it was a book hangover, like no other!
First, I had Never read anything by Sophia Peony, before. But the description of the book, had me very interested.
And, The book/ the author did not disappoint. I loved the story! Loved the characters! Loved the Mafia romance! I could NOT put the book down & read it, every spare minute I had. Her take on the family dynamics, of a mafia family, was
Sallie
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gunfire and unexpected chance encounters go from one plot to the next!
Leo has to be careful who he trusts... When Freya saves him and wants nothing in return, he takes interest in her.
Freya doesn't know what to make of Leo at first. He is kind of take charge, ask questions later guy by he worships her with tender kisses.
Fake engagements and devious plotting twist the story line around that no one can be trusted, one hundred percent.
It's a quick novel that is easy to dive into the la familla.
Dianne Pauley
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Set the City on Fire is the first mafia romance I’ve read, and I found it engaging. I enjoyed the development of the story line and the chemistry between Freya and Leo as the story progressed. A lot of action and excitement punctuated this story. If you’ve never a mafia romance, read this riveting book by Sophia Peony.
Reva Coomer
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Freya had no idea that her simple hike to take pictures would change her life so drastically. Leo, head of the family and Boss, didn't know how much Freya would come to mean to him. After Freya saves Leo's life he wants to save hers and protect her after a night out gone wrong. These two start a "relationship" as a cover...but it grows to be so much more.
Tracy
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
my first read by this author and I was not disappointed! amazing characters...amazing story line..
Spunky N Sassy
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy's Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book is tablet-melting-hot. It's different than anything I've read in a long time.

• The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Scarred Queen (The Queens #1)
  • Alejandro's Prey (The Queens #1.5)
  • Beast
  • Captivated
  • The Leader (Bad Romance #1)
  • Code of Silence
  • Sergio (Benedetti Brothers #3)
  • The Tycoon (King Family, #1)
  • Sin
  • Street King
  • Her Mafioso King (The Vitucci Mafiosos, #4)
  • Hate Me (Collateral #1)
  • Dishonored
  • Deception and Chaos (Chaos, #1)
  • King of Diamonds (Vegas Underground, #1)
  • The Queen of Carnage
In 6th grade I wanted to be a singer. In high school I wanted to be a lawyer, an astronaut and then a house wife when I thought I was going to marry my high school sweetheart. Then I wanted to be a pilot but found out I was too short to fly. So, I decided to become a photographer. When that didn’t work out, I decided to be a writer.

Made Men (3 books)
  • Burn It Down (Made Men #2)
  • Burning Castle (Made Men #3)