Start by marking “The Power of Love” as Want to Read:
The Power of Love

The Power of Love

The #1 rule of superhero training camp is you don’t talk about superhero training camp.

Or your parents.

Or their powers, which is the only thing saving Vince’s life—he’s the son of a notorious supervillain. But the secret could become a deadly deception when he falls into a super-powered entanglement with gorgeously heroic cabinmate Locke.

When their instructor disappears, V
ebook, 1 edition, 246 pages
Published March 26th 2018 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power of Love

Kendra T
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Vince is the son of a villain with superpowers, and is attending a training camp for heroes. He attended the camp as a way to escape his father and his father's reputation. He experiences some challenges when people find out who his father is, but for most of the campers, it isn't a major problem and Vince proves himself as a hero.

Locke becomes Vince's boyfriend, but while I liked him in the beginning, I really lost respect for him and was not a fan. It was hard, because at one point I was hopin
Joyfully Jay
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

This book was pointed out to me since it’s right up my alley, and I thought it was a great book to review for Paranormal Week. Most of the books this week will be focusing on the traditional PNR tropes, but superheroes—especially in this world that Blackburn and Langley have created—definitely fall into the paranormal aspect. The Gifted have powers that are genetic, and sometimes don’t fall into the hereditary line. I really enjoyed the world building here. A lot
Katie
I received a copy of this book via Netgalley, and to be honest, I was really excited about the premise because it sounded fun and a little wacky. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I was not able to get into it or even finish the book (and I try not to DNF books).

I hate to review things negatively, but I just could not finish this book. I bailed at about 25%, after trying desperately to read more, but I just could not deal with the style of writing. Given the summary, I knew that this book woul
Terri Jones
Mar 22, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I finished reading it, but I skimmed over half in order to do it. Save your money.

There are interesting bits. But the dialogue is often very annoying, because the characters are often very dumb/clueless/stupid, and the writing style is basic. By which I mean, often boring, and very wordy for no good reason. This should have been shorter, punchier, more intelligent. The young people are insultingly stilted and slow-witted most of the time. By the time any actual plot happens, I didn't care
Rosina
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book through Netgalley in return for an honest review.

I'm really torn about this book.

The Power of Love is a novel about two superheroes in training who fall in love at camp. The only problem is that Vince's dad is a supervillain. Plot wise it sounds like it could be so good but there were parts that were dull.

What I Liked

-Most of the characters
-The funny scenes
-The action when it happened

What I Didn't Like

-The romance was too quick
-Teenage drama even though they'
Shari Sakurai
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it
*I received this book in advance for free in exchange for an honest review*

For me this novel was somewhat of a mixed bag. There are some things I really liked about it and others that I found a bit disappointing.

I really liked the premise and idea of a superhero training camp. It’s a really good set up and promised endless possibilities, especially adding hero-in training Vince who’s father is a super-villain. The characters are for the most part likeable and fun. Occasionally I found Ariel and
Violet  Marshall
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A captivating book the writing was good. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters interesting. The characters were developed and thought out. Locke and Vince are the MC’s of this book. There was humor, super villains, heroes, fire, a missing person, hero camp, different superpowers, difficult parents and so much more in this book.

Here is a quote from the book, “Okay,” he said. “So what do we do?” “We need to split up,” Locke said. “Search
Ricardo
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Esther Alayeto
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story is like nothing I've read. It's an unusual storyline that revolves around a training camp for boys who have superhero powers. One boy, Vince, is the son of a villain but he tries to hide that fact from everyone. They have a mystery to solve when there's a disappearance in the middle of the night and in the midst of everything else, you have a blooming romance.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
tammy rufo
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vince and Locke are adorable. I really enjoyed this story, never read a super hero plot line before. it was really cute. would def recommend!
Ann
Mar 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I could not finish this book. I thought the characters were infantile in their behaviour and were two dimensional. What I read of the story was one long disjointed ramble
Grunelle
Oct 11, 2018
Lillian Francis
This blurb is kinda misleading. Vince doesn't want to be anything like his father, actively tries to find ways to work against his father's powers. He doesn't need Locke's love to be a hero, in fact much of the time he is more heroic than Locke and Locke doesn't deserve his love.
And his father's identity isn't a 'deadly deception' because he tells Locke before they become boyfriends so Locke can make up his mind whether it's too dangerous to proceed with a relationship.
Lily
Mar 28, 2018
Maggie
added it
May 16, 2018
Syd is a binary star system, who is servant to two cats, likes chocolate, salted caramel and sushi (though not all at the same time) and falls in the "pineapple does not belong on a pizza" camp.