Start by marking “Whatever It Takes (Sliding Home #2)” as Want to Read:
Whatever It Takes (Sliding Home #2)

Whatever It Takes

(Sliding Home #2)

He put me through hell…
And I called it love.
I knew that it was too good to be true, and when Eric Wayne promised me the world?
I should have run fast in the other direction.
Instead of falling for every word…
It should have been no surprise when he dropped me the moment that something better came along, yet when it happened?
He single-handedly crushed my heart into a mil
Published March 7th 2018 by Perry Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Whatever It Takes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whatever It Takes

Start your review of Whatever It Takes (Sliding Home #2)
Fre06 Begum
Rejane
Mar 08, 2018 marked it as no-way-jose
And this book makes the 5th today with a crappy hero and a pathetic doormat heroine.
And this is International Women’s day.. what way to empower women. These authors haven’t heard a thing these days about all those strong women supporting women fighting for equality, respect and strength. These authors are going in the opposite direction. What a shame.

Cell
Lu Bielefeld
He cheated on her more than once and she caught him fucking a woman. Yuck!
Years have passed and he is now a star of the sport while she is a broken single mother and homeless.
Her son's father was married and she did not know.
Ashamed she preferred to be destitute than to return to her father's house.
I think this is ridiculous because she should think about her son and put her tail between her legs and go home.
Our hero finds her again and after some scenes between them to fall in bed together.
Then
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
PointedlyBlunt
Another cheater that doesn't grovel because [from the blurb]:
And the second that a chance encounter brings us back together?
Well, let’s just say, that it’s going to take everything that I have not to fall for him again.
He’s too damn hot to resist…

I don't care if he's a Frankenstein's monster made up of Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt, and any other hot guys named Chris, cheating's not redeemable.

From Holo37 on Amazon: On the H’s part I felt that although he did realize and regret what
Tmstprc
Aug 24, 2021 marked it as na-is-not-my-thing
Shelves: cheating, dnf, dont-reread
Sort of a DNF…. gave up at 50%, skipped to the end.

1. The expression is “couldn’t care less”. if you could care less, it means you care.
2. Toddlers don’t speak like 10 year olds.
3. She has treacherous body syndrome.
Brandy Roberts
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed whatever it takes which wasn't a surprise because I loved other books by the author , this can be read as a standalone but I suggest you one click book one the couple from it do make some appearances . The couple were amazing they had a lot of electricity my heart broke for the heroine when we get past chapters It also made me dislike the hero for awhile . Storyline flowed perfectly I thought it was the perfect pace and had me on the edge of my seat . so get your fingers ready t ...more
Natalie Johnson
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the Sliding Home Series. I loved Eric and Avery’s story!

Eric has been in love with Avery since High School, but lost her when he cheated on her and broke her heart.

Avery is barely scraping by. She has had two failed relationships and has given up on Love.

When they run into each other after six years Avery is struggling and Eric has his dream job as a professional baseball player. I absolutely loved this story. You get their back story along with what is happening now and I c
Tania's Book Blog
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I swear these two were just wow. What a love story and damn how hard and dirty Eric fought to get a second chance from Avery.

Eric and Avery met when he was a senior and she was a junior in high school. Her dad took him under his wings to help Eric get a baseball scholarship. Her dad told him the only thing that he needed to promise was to stay away from his daughter which Eric agreed to. Until he set eyes on said daughter and realized how gorgeous she was and how screwed he was. Avery thought Er
Stephenee
Feb 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a fast fun read that left the reader feeling satisfied! The baseball theme was there, the stats were legit and the reader felt like they were getting a taste of the baseball season while it is still a bit too cold for it in real life. I will be reading more by this author for sure!
Alyx
Amber Martin
Mar 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
This was a DNF for me. I was very disappointed in the writing of this book. I read Bet On It and had high hopes for this one. There are so many errors my head is spinning. She is constantly writing in question then answering herself. Example: There’s a lot going on wright here... and, well. It’s basically a shit show.
It’s like that on every single page. Then the bar managers name is Linda but in 2 different spots her name is Susan. It’s like one person wrote Bet On It and someone else wrote this
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Avery and Eric fell in love when they were in High School, and planned to be together forever, but when he went off the college, he betrayed her in the worst way, breaking her heart completely. From that day on, she never set eyes on him, nor spoke to him again. Through the years, she tried a relationship with another man, which ended with her being pregnant & alone, as he was married, so Avery was done. She was now a single mom, busting her behind to make ends meet, & trying to finish grad scho ...more
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Normally I’m not a huge fan of sports romances but I actually really enjoyed this one! The sports aspect was downplayed more and it focused mostly on the background of Eric and Avery. I actually enjoyed that more than I did with Bet On It. I loved how strong and stubborn Avery was. I would be the same way if I was her. Plus Jackson was plain adorable. Great storyline! I would definitely read more by this author.
~Amanda

"This is book 2 in the Sliding Home Series. I loved Eric and Avery’s story!
E
Laila Viking
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hot, fun, emotional and with twists that you do not expect. Great characters that are likeable and relatable. Very well written captivating story with great storyline and plot. I like it is written in dual POV, which gives the reader both the thoughts and feelings of the main characters.
I like to know what happens next, so the epilogue was very welcomed and well written.

I am not into infidelity but I always give people a second chance but for a third they really have to have a good explanation.
AnneKR
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A young Eric made promises of love & devotion to Avery, the light in his dark world. Until his insecurities tore them apart with Eric doing the unthinkable & breaking her heart. Years later as they bump into each other by chance, Eric knows that it is fate stepping in & he will do everything he can to win her back.

Avery is still picking up pieces of her shredded heart when she sees Eric again. With his determination to win her over, she must find a way to resist him because this time it’s not on
Gwen Shafer
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another yummy lovable book. Elizabeth did an amazing job writing this one. I absolutely loved the characters and the story line. Eric runs into the girl that he has always loved and wanted. Little does he know that she will never forgive him for what happened six years ago. Avery has moved on with her life and her heartbreak with her precious son Jacks. But Eric will literally stop at nothing to get her back in his life. I love the love story between these two. I love being able to go back into ...more
Jacinda
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The author prefaces this with a warning on cheating, and frankly, I’ll admit I was nervous to see where this would go. BUT I thought it was very well done. This situation seemed real to me. It is probably the only time I could picture myself rooting for the couple even when there was unfaithfulness involved. The author did a great job showing true growth in the characters, a sincere feeling of remorse, and an adamant desire to change a wrong that was believable. I fell in love with the character ...more
Amanda
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shannon Brown
Jul 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Well....

Hmmm....I am not really sure what to say about this one. It’s a second chance, but the H is just kind of stupid. Though, he did sort of grovel and I like that he accepted the h’s kid, but.... What man let’s his ex-lover lead him to his current lover, when it’s obvious she wants to compromise him. Then the way the h finds out that the H was telling the truth is just plain stupid! Still, the writing is decent.
Cori Mcgowen
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
💕

A sweet second chance romance, Eric broke Avery’s heart when he cheated on her. I am not sure I could have forgiven him but I am glad Avery did. Eric and Avery were adorable together.
Tasha Raines
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story line

I absolutely loved Eric and Avery's story. I loved Eric from beginning to end. This is my favorite book of the series. I loved him picking up the pieces for Jackson. So his goodbye absolutely gutted me. I'm hoping for Brocks story soon.
Paige Whitecotton
Apr 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Alpha, hot, superstar that would be Eric. Oh he isn’t perfect and he really died screw up when he was in college. Finding Avery again gives him the chance to prove he has learned from his mistakes. This book was absolutely awesome.
Diane
rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2018
Her_bookworld
Aug 18, 2020
Szandra Bizzozero
Oct 31, 2020
Jinu
rated it did not like it
May 28, 2020
Gabriela
Dec 05, 2018
Ash
rated it it was ok
May 27, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Hendrix (Raleigh Raptors #3)
  • Mister Masher (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Breaking Defenses (BSU Football, #1)
  • This Love Hurts
  • Playing the Field (Making the Play, #2)
  • The Mascot
  • Dirty Hookup (Slayers Hockey, #2)
  • Briggs (Carolina Reapers, #7)
  • A Modern Love Story
  • Sterling (Carolina Reapers, #6)
  • Love, Ally
  • On the Sideline (BSU Football, #3)
  • Tongue (Ruthless Kings MC, #8)
  • Say You'll Stay (Southport Love Stories, #1)
  • Dirty Rebound (Slayers Hockey, #3)
  • Hail Mary (BSU Football, #2)
  • The Perfect Catch (The Brentwood Boys #8)
  • Lucky Bastard (Cocky Hero Club)

Elizabeth Perry is a Cleveland, Ohio native who now resides in a small town surrounded by the lake in Michigan.

Her free time is taken up shuffling her children all over God’s green earth, which she complains about way more than she should, but wouldn’t change for the world.

She is a true romance addict and a fi

Sliding Home (4 books)
  • Bet On It (Sliding Home, #1)
  • Hard To Fall (Sliding Home #3)
  • Want it All (Sliding Home #4)