Start by marking “Chasing Dreams (Harper Family #1)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Dreams (Harper Family #1)

Chasing Dreams (Harper Family #1)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
He's a single father. She's a former ballerina. Can they risk getting involved when a little girl's heart is involved?

Isabella Harper lived in the bright-lights of New York, a performer at the top of her field until a career-ending injury drove her home to find a new dream. If she can’t dance anymore, at least she can open a studio and help other dancers find their own dr
Published March 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Dreams

Books and Spoons
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, earc
The well-written, ardent, and passionate stories from the Oak Grove introduced the author Nancy Stopper to me, and the first installment of the Harper Family series is delivered with the same smooth and fluent way that pulls you into the life of The Harper's and their friends while telling an entertaining and enjoyable story.
Isabella Harper and Tanner Ross's story is a steamy, erotic, passion-filled tale of falling in love and learning to trust again despite the past hurt. There is a lot of int
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
Nancy Stopper speaks to the dreamers of the world. Chasing Dreams is a voice of hope in a world that can often feel hopeless. Tanner and Isabella are the perfect example of how one person can make a difference. She's lost her way. Injury has sidelined Isabella's promising career as a ballet dancer. He's lost his faith. One broken heart is one too many. Tanner wants to be happy and he wants his daughter to be happy, yet despite his penchant for encourages others to never lose heart in navigating ...more
Becky Claxon
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to a new series. Tanner Ross is the director of Jason’s House which is a safe place for troubled teens in Cedar Hill, Pennsylvania. He is raising his eight year old daughter Haley by himself as her mother left when Haley was young wanting nothing to do with either one. Tanner puts all his energy into the kids of Jason’s House and his daughter. In a meeting with the mayor, he is told that a new dance studio is opening that Isabella Harper, the prima ballerina from New York, is ...more
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A passionate, sweet and charming romance!

Chasing Dreams is the first book in the Harper Family series. This is an inspiring story full of romance, passion and emotion. There is just enough action and romance throughout to keep my interest piqued. This story caught my attention from the very beginning. I couldn’t put it down once I started reading it. This is a great book to start the new series off. It will draw you in and have you engaged from start to finish.

Nancy Stopper does a fantastic jo
DetroitSoccerMom
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to read the first book in Nancy Stopper's new Harper Family series. This book was about to Isabella Harper, who left her position as a prima ballerina in New York to return to her home town, to find a hunky single dad with a daughter who wants to take dance lessons at Izzy's new studio. The book also introduced us to some of Izzy's family, and it left me excited to see what's in store for all of them.

This author does such a great job of drawing you into the story, and Chasing D
Tracey
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
*This ARC was received in exchange for an honest review*

This is the story of single father Tanner Ross, who is the director of a safe place for troubled teens to stay, but this job seems to be taking more of his time than he thought and when the Mayor suggests a new dance studio in the town for his daughter, he jumps at the chance, anything to make his daughter happy.
When they get to the studio he meets the new dance teacher, former prima ballerina Isabella Harper, who had decided after an accid
Larry Sells
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Dreams
By Nancy Stopper

Review
By Larry Sells
Nancy Stopper wrote about a human condition when she wrote Chasing Dreams. Almost everyone would follow their dreams if they give the opportunity. The dream follows a part of the human condition.
Inside Chasing Dreams, we have two people, Tanner Rose and Isabella Harper (Izzy) chasing two dreams. Tanner’s dreams are a child’s shelter called Jason’s House and the other one is following in love. Izzy first dream is to return to New York to recapture
Lynette
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in a new series from Nancy Stopper and I can’t wait to see where her stories take me and the people I’ll meet along the way.

Cedar Hill is the hometown of Isabella Harper, a retired prima ballerina with a prestigious New York dance company. Izzy has returned to Cedar Grove to open a dance studio after a catastrophic accident ended both her career and the relationship with her partner-boyfriend.
Single dad Tanner Ross moved from Philadelphia to Cedar Hill to provide a bette
Teresa
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When an accident knocks prima ballerina, Isabella Harper, off her feet and into retirement, she goes back home. Instead of dancing on the stage, Izzy opens a dance studio which allows her to help young dancers follow their dreams. Tanner runs Jason’s House, a place for troubled teens. He is also raising his daughter, Hayley, alone. When Hayley wants to take ballet lessons at Izzy’s studio, their previous chance meeting begins to turn into something more. Tanner is scared of a relationship becaus ...more
Eileen
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I totally enjoyed Chasing Dreams by Nancy Stopper, the first book in her Harper Family series. Tanner Ross, a single dad, has avoided getting involved in a relationship until he meets Isabella, Izzy, Harper. Izzy, a dancer with a New York Ballet, returned to home to Cedar Hill after a career-ending injury to open a dance studio. When Izzy has a chance to return to the stage how will this affect their hopes for a future together?

I really loved reading this book and had trouble putting it down. M
Annemarie Rudolph
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tanner runs a center for troubled teens, Jason’s House. He is single parent to eight year old Hayley — his wife left when Hayley was a toddler (4). Izzy was a prima ballerina before an injury ended her career. Back in her hometown, Cedar Hill, she opens a dance studio. Hayley wants to dance and Tanner signs her up for ballet class. This is where he and Izzy meet. Right from the start there is an attraction between them. When they see each other later that same night, sparks fly.
This is the eigh
Debbie
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written heartwarming and sexy romance.Single father Tanner and former prima ballerina Isabella both have their futures planned. But love has a different plan for them. Can Tanner find time for Isabella when his life is so busy raising his daughter and work. Isabella is back home and opening her own dance studio. She doesn't have time for romance, or does she? This wonderfully story will tug at your heartstrings but leave you smiling.
Very good start to a new series by Nancy Stopper. No cliff
Shari
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love single dad romances!! Tanner, single dad is wonderful to his daughter, Hayley and does not want her heart broken again, so no relationships for him. Until he meets Izzy, a ballerina who has returned to town from the big stage to open her own studio. Neither are in a place in their lives to start a relationship but can they deny the chemistry.

This is the first book in a new series by Nancy Stopper and I thoroughly loved. Loved the family of both characters, the charm of the small town and
Amanda Bordner
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tanner and Izzy’s story in Chasing Dreams was a great start to this new series by Nancy Stopper! I truly love her books. This book was a younique story line about Izzy, a Prima Ballerina that moves back home after a career ending injury. She opens a dance studio where she meets Tanner and his daughter.

Tanner is hesitant to ever get involved with someone again. He’s been burned before and definitely doesn’t think he risk is worth it. But when he meets Izzy, he wants to break his own rules.

This
DKW
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good start to a new series by Nancy Stopper. No cliff
Ann-Maree Howarth
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited to have a new series from this wonderful author and a whole new town to explore. Nancy stopper never disappoints in her writing style that you will feel like you are part of this small town as you go on the journey with the wonderful characters in each of her books. Cedar Hill looks like it has a lot of potentials for us to fall in love with these characters as they find their place and love to complete their lives. I just loved Haley excitement for life in this book as her dad a ...more
Ana Paula
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am becoming addicted to Nancy Stopper's books.
This is the first of the Harper Family series and it is a spin off of Oak Grove series.
Isabella is a dancer and due to an injury has to prematurely retire and return to her hometown. Tanner is a single father, working in a Community Center for teens and burned by a bad marriage.
These two souls met and they have a connection which is romantic, sexy and lovely.
Their romance has some rocks and it is through the wonderful writing of Nancy Stopper that
Michelle
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tanner is a single dad who spends most of his time running a center for troubled teens, Jason's House. Izzy returns to her hometown after a career ending injury to start a ballet studio. They meet when Tanner's daughter Hayley wants to register for classes. Neither of them are looking for a relationship but when sparks fly, they keep finding reasons to cross paths. They both have been burned and are hesitant to get involved again especially with a little girl's feelings in the mix. This was an e ...more
Natasha
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved reading this book. Tanner Ross is a single dad who devotes his time to Jason's house. A center for troubled teens and has avoided getting involved in a relationship until he meets Isabella Harper. Izzy, a dancer with a New York Ballet, returned home to Cedar Hill after a career-ending injury to open a dance studio. Sparks fly but when Izzy has a chance to return to the stage will this affect their hopes for a future together? I am volunteering to leave a review for an ARC of this ...more
Judi
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Be careful chasing dreams, you might just catch them...

This sensual falling in love story follows Isabella Harper after she has her dream ripped from her grasp. Settling for her retirement plan early she returns to her hometown and meets Tanner Ross. And his eight year old daughter Hayley. Their instant chemistry, complicated family and work ties, and past hurts drive an emotional roller coaster of a read. And one heck of an HEA.
Nati
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Izzy Harper is back in her hometown Cedar Hills, after a very severe injury in her knee, during a rehearsal in a New York’s dancing show.
Tanner is been in Cedar Hills for a few years with his eight-years sold daughter Hayley after his wife left him. When they met in the opening of Izzy’s dance studio opening they fell an instinct connection. But can they fight their past demons and have a future together? A wonderful love story.
KB
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars
I received a free copy of Chasing Dreams by Nancy Stopper and this review was given freely.
Tanner who is a single dad and a social worker for troubled teens meets Izzy who was forced to leave the NY ballet because of injury. This is a well written and heartwarming complex and steamy romance filled with personal conflict, work related conflict, self image issues,love and family set in a small Pennsylvania town.
Judi
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
KimberlyDawn
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Dreams is the first book in the Harper Family series. Which wins out? Ambition or love? Tanner has been burned before. He has no desire to be burned again. Izzy's dreams are shattered by an injury. When a second chance comes around, will she take it or make new dreams? I really enjoyed this story.
Roxana
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What more can you want from the first book of a new series than the promise of all the wonderful things that wait ahead and this book absolutely delivers. It’s sexy and complex, heartwarming and marvellously real. Carefully constructed characters that will make you cheer them on. Definitely one click worthy.
I received an ARC of the book and this is my honest review
G Lopez
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nancy Stopper has done it again! Her characters are so REAL! Tanner and Izzy are perfect together! I want to be their friend and be invited to their wedding. That is how Amazing Ms. Stopper's writing is! If you haven't read her Oak Grove series, do yourself a favor and get them right now! Hint: you'll meet Izzy's sister there!
Kym
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable start to a new series! Excellent character development with both characters portrayed in a way that makes their actions/reactions believable. While the storyline was a bit predictable, it is a heartwarming book and worth your time!

A great afternoon read!

I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book, however, this is my honest opinion.
Kim F
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Extremely entertaining, captivating and interesting sexy read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong characters. I want to read more from this author. I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

“Chasing Dreams” is the first novel in the Harper Family series by Nancy Stopper.

Read full review in the 2018 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.

James Brighton
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very emotional story well written I hope the following books live up to this one

Well done Nancy keep up the good work I really enjoyed it. I will read the next book in this series
Goodreads Librari...: Combine editions 2 14 Mar 21, 2018 10:48AM
Thanks for visiting my profile. I'm a new Contemporary Romance author and I'm so excited about the possibilities. I've been falling in love with characters in books for a long time, and even more so now that they are speaking through me for other readers.

I've been remiss in updating my shelves but I'll be doing that soon, so check out some of my favorite reads, including some that I've read over a