Start by marking “Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?” as Want to Read:
Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?

Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?

(Princesses)

A young girl goes on a hike with her father. Along the way she asks questions about what it means to be a princess. She discovers it's all about just being yourself.
Published February 1st 2005 by Cooper Square Pub

To ask other readers questions about Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?

Start your review of Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?
Gayla Hyde
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the cutest and sweetest children's books I have ever read. Love the way the author uses rhyming words.
Dolly
Jan 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: rhyming, 2011, pets, childrens
We've been enchanted by the other stories in the Do Princesses... series by Carmela LaVigna Coyle. The illustrations are fun (and this book has a scavenger hunt of items to find at the end of the book) and the rhyming narrative is fun to read aloud. The stories seem to have a bit of repetition, but not overwhelmingly so and our girls really like them. I love that it shows the little girl outside, hiking and enjoying the outdoors, something I'm often trying to get our girls to do! ...more
Kedra
Jan 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
What a great book for your little princess!
Henry and Alice
Feb 28, 2008 rated it liked it
Enjoyed this one too, but not as much as Do Prinesses Wear Hiking Boots.
Mar 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
My little princess loved to see what another little princess likes to do! Cute pictures and real questions little girls might ask. I can't wait to read other princess books by this author.
Dianna
May 18, 2008 rated it liked it
This was a cute little Q & A book for a little girl, Elena really liked it- the illustrations are pretty cute too. ...more
Leah
Jul 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book of the three. At boards they have a book that has all three of these stories in it and we read it to Shelby everyday.
Jen Bustin
Nov 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Love this book. It's about a dad and daughter on a hike. Pete reads the dad's lines and Ella read the little girls. SO cute!
Annalisa
Apr 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for the little princesses in your life and their daddy. My daughters quote this book often.
Hollie Hancock
May 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Every little girl needs to read this book! And most "big girls", too!
Tracy
Jun 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Much like Do Princesses really wear hiking boots...about girls who explore the outdoors...LOVED it!
Jul 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Reading this every few nights. Very cute Daddy-daughter story.
Shuntia Williams
Apr 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: rhymes, princess
This is a great story to read to little girls who want to be a princess. Also this book is great to read when talking about rhyming words.
Felicia Moore
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
read it to baby girl :D
Zoe
Dec 14, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young reading girls
cute!
Kim
I like these "Question and Answer" books and it's an excellent Father/Daughter story.
Jordan Krasniewicz
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?" by Carmela Coyle is a picture book about a little girl who goes for a hike with her dad, while asking him questions about what princesses do or look like. She asks questions about what princesses wear and what they look like, if they pick up rocks, and of course, if they kiss frogs. The father encourages his daughter to be her own kind of princess by answering the questions while still allowing the daughter to be her own kind of princess, instead of answering w ...more
Clwseattle
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
I love that Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs? is a positive Daddy and daughter book. I love the theme of Daddy and daughter doing things together and Daddy answering his princess's questions as honestly as he can. The rhymes are catchy and the illustrations are beautiful and ... funny! The seek and find at the end of the book is brilliant!

I think the title of Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs? is a bit misleading, I thought it was going to be about a fairy tale narrative. It's not. It's so much be
Anthony
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
While out on a hike with her dad, a little girl asks many questions that are answered in a rhyming format. "How does she carry her water and snack? She carries her things in her favorite backpack." This story also suggests a scavenger hunt though the pages, and challenges the reader to try doing the same on their next hike, or outdoor adventure.
Kellene
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I love this series for the girls in my life. The books teach young girls that being a "princess" is about more than fairy tales. It's about being yourself, doing your thing you way.
Alexa Bartling
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
FunnY
Haley Bartling
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A book about a girl and her dad hiking through the woods and realizing no matter who you are there is a princess in every one of us
Bookworm's Nemesis
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Great read and rhyme.
Kristen Dutkiewicz
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
What else do princesses really do?
Kaitlyn
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so adorable! A great back-and-forth sweet conversation between a daddy and a daughter, with great comedy and the sweetest ending. It's sure to bring smiles to any daddy-daughter pair.
Sofie Buynak-Casassa
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
Loved that it was a daughter and daddy book. We also loved that it rhymed and was short and sweet and most importantly, funny.
Luna Holmes
Possible conversation topics for kids using this book:
Gender equality, Girls can do x too
Robin Raines-Bond
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great book in this cute, stereotype-breaking princess series. I like that this princess can do anything and I love that her Dad helps and encourages it.

This book also has a scavenger hunt for kids and their families.
Layla & Rachel
Apr 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-books
Another princess book, another review.

Carmela LaVigna Coyle's Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs? is different than many of the other princess books Rachel and Layla often read. First, the princess is actually just a little girl going on a hike with her dad and her dog. And an inquisitive little fake princess she is too. Question after question comes from this little girl, each followed by an answer from her very patient dad.

Daddy, what do princesses wear on a hike? As long as it's sensible, they w
Maddie Watson
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
"Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs" by Carmela Lavigna Coyle and illustrated by Mike Gordon was a sweet story of a young girl who loves to pretend that she's a princess and she and her father go on a hike. Along the way she has many questions about how a princess behaves and what she wears and does she really have to kiss a frog?

This story was not what I expected it to be but very sweet all the same. I love that the father was her role model in this story and he answered all of her princess questi

• There Is a Bird on Your Head! (Elephant & Piggie, #4)
  • Eric  Julieta: Como mamá / Just Like Mom: (Bilingual)
  • Snow Bear
  • Hunted (House of Night, #5)
  • Tempted (House of Night, #6)
  • Burned (House of Night, #7)
  • Awakened (House of Night, #8)
  • A Big Guy Took My Ball! (Elephant & Piggie, #19)
  • Not Quite Narwhal
  • Uni the Unicorn and the Dream Come True (Uni the Unicorn, #2)
  • Doc McStuffins: Pet Vet (Disney Storybook (eBook))
  • My World: A Companion to Goodnight Moon
  • Five-Minute Peppa Stories (Peppa Pig)
  • My Friend is Sad (Elephant & Piggie, #2)
  • Are You Ready to Play Outside? (Elephant & Piggie, #7)
  • Tod and Copper from "The Fox and the Hound"
  • Can I Play Too? (Elephant & Piggie, #12)
  • Uni the Unicorn (Uni the Unicorn, #1)
Carmela LaVigna Coyle's first book, Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots? is enjoyed by little princesses everywhere. And now there are several Do Princess titles to choose from. She writes from her studio in Colorado with a puppy on her lap, and beside a wall of glass "to better see the seasons."

Carmela wrote her first story, "Forget-Me-Not," when she was ten-years-old. She hasn't forgotten it... she

Princesses (7 books)
  • Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots?
  • Do Princesses Scrape Their Knees?
  • Do Princesses Count?
  • Do Princesses Have Best Friends Forever?
  • Princesses Rule!: Three Not-So-Typical Princess Stories
  • Do Princesses Make Happy Campers?

News & Interviews

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”  Theodor Geisel said...