Start by marking “Crossing 13: Memoir of a Father's Suicide” as Want to Read:
Crossing 13: Memoir of a Father's Suicide

Crossing 13: Memoir of a Father's Suicide

:Crossing 13 is a captivating coming-of-age story about a 13-year-old girl whose life is instantly altered upon finding her father dead from suicide. As she rides the emotional waves of, shock, guilt, confusion, shame, and the obsession with WHY, she begins to embrace her new normal life. Through each struggle, you share her journey of complicated grief in the aftermath of ...more
Published June 1st 2008 by Affirm Publications

To ask other readers questions about Crossing 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crossing 13

Start your review of Crossing 13: Memoir of a Father's Suicide
Melissa Bennett
Jul 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I've had one small experience with suicide. It was a friend of mine's brother. I didn't know him but was close to her. I didn't know what to say or how to be there for her. I really wish I had this book at that time. It would of made me more comfortable on how to comfort her.
It was a very short and easy read filled with thoughts, advice, statistics and healing through a time of extreme pain for all who is involved. I highly recommend this book for those who have dealt with suicide and even ones
Tammy
Jun 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is an excellent telling of the author's heartbreaking and courageous life's journey and is well worth the read!

The author has shared her heartfelt experience on what, at one time, was considered so shameful families would go to great lengths to cover up the truth. Reading this book opens one's eyes to the tragedy and affects of suicide for all involved.
Tattered Cover Book Store
Jun 10, 2017
Hunter Ulwelling
is currently reading it
Nov 26, 2018
A former marketing and communications executive, Carrie Stark Hugus is married and the mother of two children. She is a Colorado native who lives with her family and two dogs in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. Carrie is a professional speaker who is passionate about suicide prevention.

Awards: