Start by marking “Condi: The Condoleezza Rice Story” as Want to Read:
Condi: The Condoleezza Rice Story

Condi: The Condoleezza Rice Story

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  397 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
The Secretary of State is America's face to the world, and in Dr. Rice, the world will see the strength, grace, and decency of our country...I've relied on her counsel, benefited from her great experience, and appreciated her sound and steady judgement. And now I'm honoured that she's agreed to serve in my cabinet. - President George W. Bush, in his official statement nomi ...more
Published August 1st 2005 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Condi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Condi

Tariq Alferis
"إذا وجدتم أنفسكم في صحبة أناس يوافقونكم على آرائكم، فاعلموا أنكم برفقة الأشخاص غير المناسبين لكم"
كونداليزا رايس.

كوندي، كوندي، كوندي…المعروفة عند الشعب العربي بصاحبة الفوضى الخلاقة وفكرة النظام العالمي الجديد وإلخ وهي سيدة مشروع الأوسط الجديد الذي أطلقته إدارة بوش في مارس 2004..لم أكن أعلم أي شيء عن كوندي…سواء أنها صاحبة مشروع الفوضى الخلاقة..وأيضٍا قرأت وسمعت بعض المقالات وتصريحات الوزير على ليبيا …قرأت مرة مقال منسوب إلى كوندي
تقول وزيرة الخارجية السابقة كونداليزا رايس فى إحدى تعليقات لم أشعر
Mark Mortensen
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography, politics
Born in Birmingham, Alabama in 1954, as a black child Condoleezza Rice witnessed discrimination first hand. Through guidance her well educated parents provided her with a solid foundation full of religion, education and overall confidence as a path forward. Beginning at an early age the multi-talented and gifted Rice was consumed with determination, hard work and regimented practice to perfect her skills.

Her core beliefs and basic grounded principles were simple. While most intellects in the fi
Lydia Rogoyawa
Mar 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I love this woman. She is one of my role models. This book helped me understand how she started out and what kind of a background she has. She is an amazing woman and is grounded. Her faith in God is one of a kind.
Hai Quan
Nov 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
As a person of an oppressed group of people in the U S due to their skin color , what has she done to improve their sorry lot ?

What has she done to tame the U S foreign policy , reeked with smell of decomposed corpses of people of color (excluding armed Isrealis ) courtesy of her boss ' s neo-colonialism , robbing and killing to gain access to oil in the Middle Eastern countries ?

I also wish to pose these questions to Gen. Colin Powel as an insertion into my review of his memoir MY AMERICAN JOUR
Grace
Oct 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those interensted in politics
Shelves: biographies
Condi's parents played a great roll in developing her remarkable confidence and academic abilities. She was one of those self driven students. Since she was a small child she has had a sense of self worth that comes out of a certain kind of experience. Her father motivated her with the idea that regardless of what life held during her child-hood, there were very important things like education that enabled her to do what she wanted and be a success in whatever she wanted to go into.

Condi is trul
Cinda
Feb 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
I admire Ms. Rice greatly, and enjoyed learning about her life. I wish the timeline of major events in her life had been in the front of the book instead of in the back--I didn't know it was there until I had finished the book. It would have been a helpful reference while I read, because the author did not write the biography in a sequential format.

That is really my only criticism of the book; it was hard to keep the progress of Condi's life straight in my head when the author jumped back and f
Catherine
Dec 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
It was really good!!! I knew Condi had/has accomplished a lot however this book really dug significantly deeper into this talented lady's life.
FYI-The writing style can get a bit 'thick'.
David
Mar 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Did you know she was in church down the road in 63 and heard the bombs go off? You think John McCain has an amazing life story.....
La-Shanda
Jun 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
A child from the Jim Crow south, Condoleezza Rice became one of the most influential women in politics in modern history. Her biography is well written...
Jun 08, 2009 rated it liked it
I had no idea how talented she is; it's inspiring to see what a person can do. A very positive book, it makes me want to be better at what I do.
Kenneth E Tubman
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Got to know this fascinating lady, politician, and intellectual.
She is a down to earth individual who is worthy of being president of the United States.

She is truly a silent American hero whose contributions have brought our country forward.
John
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, bio
simple pro CONDI bio. Learned little new information about Miss Rice but was an easy two hour read.
Asuka Nguyen
Nov 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Không hiểu do lỗi của người dịch hay giọng văn viết về các Chính Trị gia thường khô khan mà mình cảm thấy cuốn sách như một bữa cơm với các món ăn rời rạc và hương vị bị lẫn lộn. Mình vốn kém trong việc theo dõi và ghi nhớ những sự kiện lịch sử, cách kể chuyện với thời khắc sự kiện chương nọ thỉnh thoảng xọ chương kia có vẻ hơi rối. Chưa kể nhiều đoạn đọc đi đọc lại mà chẳng hiểu người dịch muốn truyền tải ý gì vì không có bản free gốc để đối chiếu.

Tuy nhiên cuốn sách đã làm tốt vai trò của một
Jean Poulos
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
The biography covers the life of Condoleezza Rice from birth to her role as the first woman National Security Advisor. The story is well written and well researched and mostly covers the basic facts of her life.

Condi’s father, John Rice was a Presbyterian minister and academic, her mother was a pianist and teacher. She was born in segregated Birmingham Alabama in 1954. Felix explores Condi’s passions from football to music, weight training to Russia. The author covers Condi’s role as the first b
Fay
Apr 05, 2012 rated it liked it
This biography was easy to read and sustained my interest. The way Condoleezza was raised by her parents (especially her father) was enlightening.

Some chapters it felt as though I was reading the Curriculum Vitae of a superhuman. So many awards, accolades, acronyms, committee and board memberships, charitable and philanthropic works, physical and mental fortitude, linguistic and musical prowess, working 18 hour days...

This book focussed heavily on Condoleezza's achievements, so much so that her
Rohith
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Despite being based on a memoir, this book is surprisingly a well balanced take on her life.

She is a living proof that all you need in life to shine, despite legal oppression by the state (by not giving voting rights, enforced segregation), are strong parents who refuse to give up on you and right to bear arms. These two had saved a small girl's psych from the inferiority complex and state sponsored riots in Alabama several times.

She is the perfect example of why Republican ideas are the best
Diane
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an easy and a remarkable read. I knew she was accomplished but had no idea to the extent that the list is awe-inspiring. The only knock I have on the book is that some (a minor number) of the author's additions are unnecessarily silly and fluffy and detract from the overall content of the book. In the opening of one chapter, she writes something like "Once upon a time a beautiful princess was turned into a frog...." and it goes on for a few paragraphs trying to make, what turns out to be ...more
Fredrick Danysh
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biographies
A mixture of events involving Rice during the administrations of both President Bush's where she held several jobs and her life story from childhood though the end of her term as Secretary of State. An interesting read about an interesting woman. The author portrays in a positive light. Easy to read.
Kevyn
Oct 15, 2007 rated it it was ok
It was interesting to get more background on Condoleezza and her family; however, the book read like a college research paper. It seemed based solely on newspaper and journal articles. I don't recall any interviews with either Condi or people who know her, so the biography is devoid of a personal touch.
Julie
Oct 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
It was a fun read, although I loved the part about her parents much more than the lists and lists and lists of all that she joined and volunteered and participated in. Whew. It just tuckered me out to read it all. Still, a very accomplished woman! And with truly amazing parents.
Jason Coleman
Sep 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Very interesting...the book has more background info on her parents than I probably would have included, but it does show the childhood and example she was given. So, I guess it's relevant. She is one very smart lady and a true American hero!
Marjorie.harris
Oct 20, 2007 rated it it was ok
this is interesting, but fails to address how an African-American woman who was raised in Birmingham during the height of the Civil Rights Movement does not seem to carry any of the spirit of that struggle to her position...
Jeannie
Mar 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
this was an amazing story, though end before she was appointed as secretary of state. will have to read more on this amazing lady. i can't believe how inspiring I found this. I only read it because my husband asked me to read it for him and give him the summary
Tannon Davis
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was able to hear Condoleezza Rice speak and she was fantastic. It was great to read about her background and what she has accomplished.
Robin
Aug 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
She is an amazing woman.
Diane
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly one of the most amazing books in have read. Inspired! Challenged!
Karen
Sep 13, 2008 rated it liked it
Only goes until 9/11 (2001) and I was left wanting more of the last 6 years. Suppose I should look for another book to bridge that gap.
Stella Moon
Joelle
Aug 09, 2008 rated it liked it
Interesting life history.
  • God and Football: Faith and Fanaticism in the SEC
  • The Georgetown Ladies' Social Club: Power, Passion, and Politics in the Nation's Capital
  • Allure
  • Hand in Hand: Ten Black Men Who Changed America
  • Marked for Death: Islam's War Against the West and Me
  • The Power of Praying: Help for a Woman's Journey Through Life
  • George Washington, Spymaster: How the Americans Outspied the British and Won the Revolutionary War
  • Zulfi Bhutto of Pakistan: His Life & Times
  • Elizabeth Rex
  • The Word, the Name, the Blood
  • Nasreen's Secret School: A True Story from Afghanistan
  • Reading Jackie: Her Autobiography in Books
  • And I Shall Have Some Peace There: Trading in the Fast Lane for My Own Dirt Road
  • Paul Revere and the World He Lived In