Start by marking “The Coven Princess (The Coven Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Coven Princess (The Coven Series Book 1)

The Coven Princess

(The Coven Series #1)

Your blood does not define you.
Harley Torrance's parents were killed in a home invasion when she was three. Adopted by a nice couple, Harley begins to develop strange powers. At fourteen she brews a potion so strong it gains the attention of the Coven King, and changes her world forever.
She's not human, she's a witch.
Now a part of the magical community, Harley must lear
Published February 28th 2018 by CHBB Publishing

Start your review of The Coven Princess (The Coven Series Book 1)
Kimberly Vanderbloom
If you love Harry Potter and everything magical than this is the book for you. You have some amazing characters that you will love and hate with so much emotion that you find yourself laughing and crying at the same time. I love a good witch story and this one filled a need that I desperately wanted. All the characters were flawed and there was not a single perfect one. They all grew and changed as time went on. The writing was well done and it flowed naturally.

My favorite character was Harley.
On My Kindle BR
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: onmykindlebr
The Coven Princess is Luchesi's outstanding debut in the YA genre! The plot seems to be inspired by the "Harry Potter" series but with some notable differences, which I greatly enjoyed.

The star of the story, Harley, is a female protagonist who has been aware of her magical abilities for as long as she can remember and, with some tentative support from her adoptive parents, she honed her skills in the family's basement. With a goth sense of fashion, an introverted personality, and a dark side, Ha
Shelley
The Coven Princess is the author’s first foray into the YA genre. While it felt to me that the author leaned heavily on the world and characters of Harry Potter to learn the genre, there is enough uniqueness to the story to not feel like an outright retelling of that series. Harley is a good character who develops as expected. It took me quite a while to understand the time lapses and make sense of all the fast (but not really fast) changes. My favorite character is Sinclair, he was very well de ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
5 Cranky Stars

After the death of her parents at the age of 3, Harley Torrance was adopted by a very supportive couple. As she grows, she discovers that she has magical powers. By the time she's fourteen years old, she's developed a personality of her own and has become very strong magically. This is the age when she brews a potion so strong (especially for being self taught) that it grabs the attention of the Coven King.

This brings her on a journey of self discovery where she learns of her lin
Bailey
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4.5

As avid fans of Luchesi's adult works, we were ecstatic to find that she was entering the world of YA, our favorite genre! There was no doubt in our minds that The Coven Princess would be yet another amazing work with a kickass female and complex, real characters. And oh did this book deliver! We loved how the beginning possessed the classic "You're a wizard, Harry!" moment. (However, Harley's a girl and a witch, but you get what we mean!). And we were like YAAASSSS! Give us those Har
Shelly Wygant
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magic, wizards, witches, werewolves, and vampires oh my.......

Step into a story that weaves a magical place that you will get lost in. Each chapter holds twists and turns that will keep you reading. The characters of this book are good, bad and all that in between.

The main character Harley is a powerful witch, she just doesn't know if until later in life. When she does find out her life is drastically changed. The best thing about Harley is she is strong, light, dark, a just a girl trying to fi
Danetta Sutton
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
OMG !! You would never know that this is a first YA book from this author. So impressed with how easily she transitioned into this genre.

This magical story is about a young witch who has lost her mother and father and is put into the foster care system. Adopted by human parents, Harley's life growing up is not an easy one. Constantly bullied for her looks and strange behavior, Harley keeps to herself and fights the urge to lash out at her tormentors. After being pushed to far at school, Harley
Yvonne Davies
Harley Torrance was orphaned when she was a young girl. Adopted from the age of 3, she had always been different from other children. She did not know how different until an eccentric visitor came calling and took her to a hidden village in Inverness. There she finds out who she is in the magical community and for the first time has people who love her.
I loved Harley straight from the prologue. Although she was bullied at school, just for being different, she never changed who she was and became
Lorraine
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star, paranormal
The Coven Princess is Lily Luchesi’s first venture into the YA genre, and she has done it with style.

Harley was orphaned and adopted by humans at a young age. She’s a witch, but doesn’t know it until she’s visited by an odd gentleman after being expelled from school.

We join Harley, as she joins the witch community where she learns about magic and her heritage and makes new friends along the way.

The journey of self-discovery the Haley undertakes was an emotional rollercoaster ride for both Harley
Barbara Gartman
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always know that I am getting a spectacularly written book with the most amazing and relatable characters when I pick up any of Lily's books. So it came as no surprise, when I heard she was writing her debut novel in the YA genre, that this one was just as goo if not even better than anything else I have ever read by her. The Coven Princess is an exciting, edge of your seat kind of read that will not have you feeling bored for a single moment. I am looking forward to reading more in this new s ...more
Danielle Goodwin
Lily Luchesi's "The Coven Princess" is the first tale in the new Coven series. This is a great YA read. First thing I've read in a while that had a Harry Potteresque vibe. The characters are amazing and really well developed. I was swept right into this magical community. I can't wait to read #2!
Christian - Curious Quill
Stars: 4.5/5

My collaborative review with B can be seen here:

If you enjoyed the review, you can find more here: http://knightingalereviews.blogspot.c...

T.L. Travis
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m beyond blown away

Lily,

Your gift is unlike any other. The research you had to have done is mind boggling. Your gift is unbelievable and your written word moved me throughout the manuscript. I literally finished it with tears streaming down my face.

This was without a doubt one if your best books yet. I am doing my best to stand, and applaud you with words and hope you can see how absolutely proud of you I am.

I recommend this book to everyone, it’s one of the best I’ve read since embarking up
Shannon Godwin
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great YA book. If you like magical books then this book is for you. This book is along the lines of the Harry Potter books but is different in a lot of ways. I really enjoy Luchesi's wrtiting and she did not disappoint with this book. For this to be the first YA book by this author I am very impressed
Deberha Perkins
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!

Wow can’t believe what I just read. Harley defeated a black magic wizard. Thought her father was dead but she healed him and omg you just need to read. The author done an excellent job on this book .
Pike Perrie
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lily Luchesi entered the YA genre with a bang!!! This spin-off of her Paranormal Detective Series world was heart touching, thrilling, and fantastical. She introduced a new series of characters whom I have fallen in love with, namely the heroine, Harley, Salem, and James. These characters were so different, but each was developed in such detail that they feel like family. I hope Lily Luchesi continues this branch off and sends us on more adventures with this rag-tag group of magical beings.
Ariel Mathis
While I just might have every book Lily's written, because I'm a book whoreder, The Coven Princess is the first I've ever read of hers. And let me tell you that I love it so hard!! The story line was epic!! The plot twists, as well as the suspense, darkness of the characters and even the Lightness of them, too, were epic!! The characters themselves were well written and I must say this author writes to my very liking, it was in the way the story was conveyed. The writing style, choice of words. ...more
Kat Gracey
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the lead character, the story reminded me a little of Harry Potter, which isn't a bad thing. I loved the magic and this world that the author has created. I would read more books in the series.
Mary
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Let me start by saying that I received a copy of the eBook from the Author for an honest review.

When I saw this book I thought the synopsis sounded awesome and after reading the first chapter I decided to purchase a physical copy because I read ebooks very slowly. I only explain this because if you go look on Amazon (where I was asked to leave my review) its a verified purchase even though I was gifted a copy.

Writing this review took me a while because I want to be honest and respectful to the a
Angela Sanders
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't praise this book enough - amazing!

If you enjoyed reading or watching Harry Potter, then you'll love this book. Although it's not the same, and even makes spoofs, saying, "This isn't Hogwarts," it has a a lot of similarities in the beginning--only. After the end of part two, things take a different turn. The characters are so much fun, and you can see everything play out in your mind as if watching a movie, only much better.
I truly enjoyed this book, and I'm ecstatic to see there's a seq
Myla Aguilar
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good YA Story

If you like Harry Potter you will like this story, sort of similar but then not because has it's own unique plots and characters. If you like witches, magic, twisted plots, well written characters, romance and a good long story then do read this. Much better then reading short stories that you have to buy several books to finish the adventure. I applaud this author for not doing that.
Jenni
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ecopy of The Coven Princess in return for a review, all opinions and words are my own.

I really enjoyed reading The Coven Princess, it was an interesting, fast paced fantasy story with a lot of interesting characters. From the first line there were a multitude of Harry Potter references, which was great to read too. Though it did remind me that I am really overdue for a reread of that series. I think you could say that The Coven Princess is a book in which a Slytherin (or maybe a S
T.H. Morris
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am now convinced that Lily Luchesi has the Midas Touch.

And now, she has proven it with a magickal grace.

In The Coven Princess, you creative, magickal elements that are present in other novels in the genre, but have nowhere near the pizzazz and flair that Luchesi exhibits in this tome. You get the elements of the changes experienced through teenhood. The desire to establish one's identity in a world rife and riddled with conformity, expectations, and well-meaning adults already having plans set
Stephanie Herman
Surpassed my highest expectations!

By Nyx Blogs on March 7, 2018

Format: Kindle Edition

Luchesi's first YA novel surpasses all of my expectations. I loved how every time a Potter reference came up, witty banter would follow. It's worth noting in here, the Paranormal Investigative Division are a part of this book/series. Impressively, all of the books I've read by Luchesi thus far derived from or linked in some way to the bestselling original series.

Harley was never meant to be and when devastation
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Your Blood does not define you.

“The boundaries which define Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends, and where the other begins?” Edgar Allan Poe

What a wild yet amazing ride this story was!! I have been following this author’s work for awhile now and she has surprised me time and again with her fantastic way of storytelling.

The characters were absolutely phenomenal. I loved reading about Harley. She was a very strong character that had the world on her shoulde
Natasha Clark-French
I liked this book but didn't love it. The cover and description had me dying to read it but it didn't quite live up to those expectations. The cover had me thinking it was going to be this dark, romantic story. It definitely has a younger feeling to it though. Even during the "darker" parts of the story it felt like it was much younger so those moments just didn't translate well to the overall story.
However, it was interesting and had me thinking of the Harry Potter books and how different thin
Kat
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was pretty good, reminded me a lot of Harry Potter. The plot was cool, especially when it came to the main character Harley's bloodline and past. The ending was very well done, lots of action and heart ache. I didn't give this book a 5 star because it had a really slow start, where nothing significant really happened until maybe 30% into the book (and it was a decently long book). Most of the book was also pretty emotionless, as if characters are just going with a script in their speech ...more
A. Rick
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another winner by this author.

I've read several books by this author and never been disappointed. The author kept that streak going with this offering, the first YA effort of hers I've read. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Although it's YA, it's still adult enough to not be jam-packed with the typical, overdone and repetitive several pages of emotional angst that seems to be more important than the rest of the story to too many YA efforts. It's there, but not enough to overwhelm the main part
Nicole Chu
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!!!!!

Omg I am so in love with this book. I have been trying to find a book that reminds me of Harry Potter as I loved those stories.
This story was exactly what I was looking for!
Harley is such a kick ass girl! Not afraid to be true to herself even if she was mocked for it! I wish there were 4 more books!
This story is so amazing I do not even know where to start. I loved learning about this magical world and the fight between good and evil.
A must read for sure
lovestoread
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how Lily created a story with some connection to her series of the Paranormal Investigation Dept -a school that teaches how to deal with your abilities, enhance your abilities and perhaps move forward after school to be part of the PID.

Great read for young adults...and good for them to know there is more to the story that they can look forward to if they so desire.

• The Librarian (The Librarian Chronicles, #1)
  • The Vampire Princess (Vampire Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • April's Fools
  • Second Chance: another romance for the over 40
  • Passion Surge (Cyborg Space Exploration #4)
  • Explicit
  • Company of the Damned
  • Royal Mistake (Royal Mistake, #1)
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • Reasonable Doubt: Volume 1 (Reasonable Doubt, #1)
  • The Faerie Games (Dark World: The Faerie Games Book 1)
  • To Seduce a Witch's Heart (Love and Magic, #1)
  • Queen Takes Knights (Their Vampire Queen, #1)
  • Conveniently Convicted (Paranormal Prison)
  • Third a Kiss (Goddess Isles, #3)
  • The Virgin and the Beast (Stud Ranch #1)
  • Addie (Pack of Misfits #1)
  • Wicked Webs
Lily Luchesi is the USA Today bestselling and award-winning author of the Paranormal Detectives Series, published by Vamptasy Publishing. She also has short stories included in multiple bestselling anthologies, and a successful dark erotica retelling of Dracula.
She also compiled and edited the bestselling anthology Damsels of Distress, which focuses on strong female characters in horror and parano

The Coven Series (3 books)
  • The Coven Heir (The Coven Series, #2)
  • The Coven Rescue (The Coven Series #3)