Start by marking “Caretti's Forced Bride” as Want to Read:
Caretti's Forced Bride

Caretti's Forced Bride

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  196 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Dark, devilish Paolo Caretti can buy anything he wants. He isn't ashamed of where he comes from. But Isabelle's family wanted breeding, not billions. Rejected, he now wants vengeance....Princess Isabelle loved Paolo, and it broke her heart to let him go. Now she needs his help. It will come at a price, but she has no choice.... They'll make vows. They'll make love. They'll ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Published August 1st 2008 by Harlequin (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Caretti's Forced Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caretti's Forced Bride

Lynsey A
Jenny
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Not the best JL book. Heroine was vain and spoiled and she cared about her image too much. The fact that she gave up her son and kept him a secret from his father for ten years is unforgivable as far as I'm concerned.

I liked the poor vulnerable hero and how he changed his life around and fought for the woman he loved even though he deserved better.
Jacqueline
Maybe 2-1/2 stars. It had some interesting elements but there seemed to be too much crammed into this book. Secret baby, royalty, mafia ties, kidnapping, motorcycle racing, secret princely half brother, other woman, drowning of heroine etc., etc., etc. Cut half of that out and I think it would have been a better story.
Marilyn
Nov 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Yet again, Jennie Lucas delivers a wonderful story full of passion, anger, secrets, pride…..just a very enjoyable and moving love story set in the Mediterranean and surrounded by castles, villas, lush country side and the sea.

Princess Isabelle de Luceran is bound by duty and honor to her Country and her family. Even though her heart was ripped apart years ago when she left the only man she’d ever loved. Isabelle had refused his proposal and in the end let her sister talk her into giving up the b
justmeri_an
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Fave scene:
“Do you like it?” Paolo could not answer her. He was afraid to move his tongue.Afraid it might make him taste more of what he had in his mouth.

“Tell me the truth,” Isabelle insisted.

He looked around wildly for an escape.The outdoor terrace was warm with sunlight and surrounded by flowers beneath swaying palm trees, overlooking the jutting cliffs of San Pedro Bay.

He was tempted to jump off the balustrade and take his chances with the rocks.

---this part was so hilarious. I swear. And sw
Roub
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
think this book deserved more than a 5 star !! one of the best mills & boons book i ever read
RomLibrary

She is princess and left him due to family pressure cus he was a poor mechanic she met in New York Keeps their son a secret. Son is raised by her brother as his child and is heir to the throne when they die. Goes to him when he is kidnaped. He is a motorcycle Grand Prix driver and tycoon. She is dating his nobility half brother who is also his Grand Prix rival. He is also a motor company b
Cady Lorenzana
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There are a lot of standards and happenings that I need or liked/loved in a story. I love plots like Secret Baby, royal life, reunited romance, Cinderella type even on the other way around, Princess and the Pauper theme and shot gun marriage. And I couldn't even believe that in a single book, it can all happened.

All the elements was here... All that I have mentioned above was here. And I also have a bonus! Its the sizzling love scenes!

Fine, I admit, I am a little conservative (What? Hahaha) but
Lady Jaye
I haven't read a single book by Ms. Lucas that I haven't liked. This one is also gold. Her writing, as usual, is very evocative and draws you into the story. This book was filled with a whole bunch of angst, even more than her usual; it made for great tension and holding interest while reading :)

Paolo is the hero of our tale, and what a yummy hero he is! Very likable, right from the get-go, and I found myself rooting for him immediately. And it stayed that way till the very end.

So, we have a g
Kellison
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
2 Stars.

These people were exasperating. Neither ever really fought for the other. At the first sign of hardship, they threw in the towel, whether that was Isabelle's mother convincing her to leave the man she "loved" or Paolo just letting her leave and immediately filling the void with the first willing body...they just gave up at the first hurdle. That's not love. Love would have at least argued back...And the secret baby thing...ugh.
Pamela Fernandes
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Princess Isabelle and Paolo Caretti are in love and over the decade since their breakup have struggled without each other. This book has plenty of subplots that could have been developed into a more richer story, but for romance lovers, as it is -its okay. Good for a quick read. The turnaround from Paolo hating a vain and vapid Isabelle to being hopelessly in love with her was super fast. Good for an afternoon read
Cara
Jun 04, 2009 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. It's a typical Harlequin Presents, Alpha male, heroine in distress. The heroine is strong and the hero is written in such a way that he becomes more and more likeable as the story goes on. The author has written well-defined, believeable characters.
Adelyn
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
awesome read.. very touching and emotional............
Becca
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
The hero was to die for! Arrogant but yet oh-so-vunerable. Sweet, romantic read.
Mary-jane
Aug 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
i actually rated it 5 stars in my mob but i can't guess why it's actually 5 stars?!
Maya Blake
Jo
May 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Claiming His Pregnant Wife
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Wife: Bought and Paid for
  • Untouched Until Marriage
  • Wife in the Shadows
  • Tempestuous Reunion
  • The Spanish Husband
  • Royally Bedded, Regally Wedded (By Royal Command, #6)
  • Angelo's Captive Virgin
  • Breaking Point
  • The Savakis Mistress (Modern Romance, #889)
  • Katrakis's Sweet Prize
  • Androletti's Mistress (Modern Romance)
  • Strangers in the Desert
Jennie Lucas had a tragic beginning for any would-be writer: a very happy childhood. Her parents owned a bookstore, and she grew up surrounded by books, dreaming about faraway lands. Her mother read aloud to her in French when she was little; when she was ten, her father secretly paid her a dollar for every classic novel (Jane Eyre, War and Peace) that she read. As a chubby teenager, Jennie covere ...more
More about Jennie Lucas...