Start by marking “Red and the Wolves” as Want to Read:
Red and the Wolves

Red and the Wolves

(Dark Fantasy)

A Dark Reverse Harem Romance from USAT Bestselling Authors Zoe Blake & Alta Hensley

This is no fairytale…
As the Blood Moon rises, I’ve been chosen.
Chosen to serve, to obey…to die…for no one survives their time with the Wolves.
As I am dressed in the ceremonial Red Hood, all I can think of is escape.
But there is no escape.
The lives of my village depend on my submiss
Published April 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Red and the Wolves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red and the Wolves

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
So I ended up enjoying this one much more than I did the previous book. It was a bit less "rapey" and the five heroes were less harsh in their behavior towards Red. In this one, it actually felt like they had feelings for her. Again as with the previous book, this was a super short read. It took me just over an hour to finish (at 85% on my Kindle App). Both these authors are quality writers so it was no surprise that this was a well-written story. The pace was perfect. T
Readoholic Girl Smitten With Books
Oct 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
not sure why i read it but this one felt a little abusive to me.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my dayz. This is the second book in the series. I read book one and loved it so without a doubt I was gonna read this book. I love dark reads but not keen on fantasy books. I’m not even sure why I took a chance on book one, maybe it’s the title that pulled me in. Anyway these stories have blown me away. I thoroughly enjoyed it and part of me is in shock that I did like it. Shows what great authors can do!!

Red has been banished from her village to live with the five wolves. She knows she must
Paula  Phillips
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Red aka Raina has been the bane of her grandmother's existence and a thorn in her side. Ever since her mother defied her by getting impregnated to Red's dad and then dying in childbirth - her grandmother has hated her and seen her as a curse and loved to punish her every moment she can. Every year, the town chooses a sacrifice to the wolves outside the village. It is seen as an honor and is typically one of the oldest single males of each household. This year Red's grandmother finally dishes out ...more
Alyssa
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 smutty smut Stars

Book 2 in the dark and twisted fairytale retellings. Again, this book is hot AF and full of trigger worthy content and not meant for delicate sensibilities.

Another quick, dark, and entertaining read if this is your particular brand of tea.

Pam
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark Fantasy series, Book #2. Red Riding Hood, grandma, and the big bad wolf? Think again! This book is stunning!

Raina's biggest sin? Being born to a mother, who defied her mother, a village elder with an insatiable thirst for power. When Raina's mother dies in childbirth, it's her grandmother, Hildegarde who takes Raina in. Kindness? Oh, no. Hildegarde hates her granddaughter, making Raina's life a living hell. Being the only redhead in the village isolates her even more, and she soon becomes R
Madeline ❤️ Romance Bibliophile ❤️
Fun, light read. Basically just smut with a fairy tale twist 😉
Lacey
This book is basically trying to glorify rape. DON'T READ THIS SHIT.
2OCC Reviews
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ashlee

Poor Red has a crappy life she was unwanted by her grandmother, her mom died in birth and the said evil witch granny had her father murdered! So not many things in this poor girls life have been very good. So of course when the sacrifice comes for her village her evil granny figures out a way to throw her to the wolves. Literally... Theres a curse on rhe village that turned 5 men into wolves to protect the village from harm but in exchange the villagers must sacrifice a townsperson every so ofte
Badh
Oh my stars and garters. This was an intense book that I couldn't put down when I started reading it. It's dark, it's yummy, and it's oh, so twisted. Alta Hensley and Zoe Blake have done it again, taking a fairy tale, turning it upside down, and giving us an adult bedtime story that calls for an adult beverage and a cigarette when you are done reading it. Or maybe that was just me?

Red is the outcast in her village. Her evil grandmother is an elder and though she raised Red, she's made sure that
Ana Rita
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lord have mercy on me because I'm about to sin. This two ladies had done things to me and I loved every page. Each book turned my world upside down and o don't care... I don't really care...
Zoe Blake and Alta Hensley are guilty as charged. Their writing is wild and raw, intense and hot and they complete each other and now I'm about to embark on another journey. And what a journey...
Red & The Wolves is their latest release and focus on the lifes of Red and her Wolves... Oh boy... But I need
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
When the Blood Moon rises, the villagers know that the time for a sacrifice to be chosen is here. It’s always been one of the first born males but with the grandmother that has hated her since birth as one of the village elders, it’s Raina that is chosen as a sacrifice to the wolves who protect the village from the dark forces of the forest.

Cursed centuries ago in order to save the village, the five wolves that make up the pack are more than ready for their sacrifice. Something is different this
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Red and the Wolves (Dark Fantasy)
By: Zoe Blake & Alta Hensley
4 Stars

When the moon is eclipsed four times in two seasons, there is said to be blood on the moon.

Today, the selection is going to take place. Raina who has been called Red all her life has been raised by her unloving grandmother. A grandmother who has hated her long before taking her first breath.

Pushing Red to become the next sacrifice… Passing through the heavy metal doors, never to return. Just like all the previous sacrifi
Ally Vance
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
"What big eyes you have, Red. Are you afraid?"

What a retelling! I thoroughly enjoyed this story, shockingly even more than the first in the series! I loved the magic behind the wolves, the fear of the Blood Moon and the threat overhanging them all. An imaginative twist to the original story.

Red and the Wolves was steamy as hell, with a bunch of kink thrown into the mix, it certainly made for a pantie-melting read. Phew!

There was a dark undertone throughout, the threat from the wolves and outside
Cindy
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books-2018
I'm loving those dirty, filthy adult fairy tales!

WOW!!! These yummy, sexy, hot adult fairy tales are AMAZING!! Red & The Wolves is an intense read, one I couldn't put down once I started. Zoe Blake and Alta Hensley know how to write the PERFECT adult fairy tale!!

5 men were changed into wolves to protect the town hundreds of years ago. So now when the blood moon rises, the village must send the wolves a sacrifice in order to have the wolves protection from the evil in the forest.

When Red is
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Take the warnings to heart, this is not your normal fairytale! If you read the first story by Zoe and Alta "Snow and the Seven Huntsman" you know they love their fairytales dirty. Well, this one is no different. I loved this one. All the wolves are different and are in need of Red for their own reasons. It has been centuries since they have had a woman and they act like it. I don't know if I should have felt sorry for her or jealous at some points while reading this story. This is a great additi ...more
Gwen Shafer
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am loving these books. Not your modern day fairy tale by any means. This one is extremely hot and sexy. Red is given as a sacrifice to the wolves. But the wolves are far more than what you think. Holy hold on this book is yummy from beginning to end. It will have you on the edge of your seat wanting so much more. I absolutely loved it. Just a great well written update to a great fairy tale. But so much more than meets the eye. Highly recommend.
Jenny B
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great read that captured me from the beginning. Red and her 5 wolves were a delicious and sizzling read that had me wanting more. I loved the personalities of each of the wolves and how all together they just blended despite being so different. And poor Red, my heart broke for her and her upbringing. This was such a great retold fairy tale and I cannot wait to read more like this

Kathy Heare Watts
WHAT BIG EYES YOU HAVE, RED. ARE YOU AFRAID?

The second story in the Dark Fantasy books will revolve around the fairy tale of Red Riding Hood and not one wolf, but five wolves, a curse, an evil grandmother, and an evil dark force. The legend has it that during the rising of the Blood Moon, the village must make a sacrifice to protect them from evil. Centuries ago, men where enchanted and sent away from the village after being turned to wolves, and they live in the forest and protect the village f
Love Africa Book Club
Another dark, steamy and adult retelling of a fairy tale by authors Blake and Hensley.

In this story, Red lives in a village that has been fighting a dark force for centuries. Their ancestors chose to pick men who they transformed into wolves using dark magic and these beast now fight the dark force on behalf of the village.

As a result on every blood moon they have to sacrifice a member of the village, usually a single male. But this time around, Red's grandmother presents Red as one of the candi
Donna
Before you read the next paragraph, keep in mind that I gave this book a 4/5 star rating. So be sure to continue on to the last paragraph.

This book was not at all what I was expecting. I like dark romance. But this was a bit much for me. This was a dark fairytale, very erotic, dirty and sexy. These five wolves/men forced Red into submission through sex, through punishment and humiliation. I guess it’s the way it would be done in the animal world. But the whole 145 pages was pretty much sex! Ther
Kay Parker
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by these authors and I was very impressed. The storyline flowed beautifully, the main female character - Red - was beautifully written with the right amount of bravado, caution and apprehension for a woman in the time of when the book is set. She was a pleasure to read, and her view of the story through her eyes was appealing. It was so nice to see the eroticism shine through with the addition of not one sexy wolf, but five. There are hints of the original fairyt ...more
Marika
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These tales are so deliciously naughty..I will never think of fairy tales the same way ever again lol
Red's grandmother hates her so much she chose her as the sacrifical lamb for the wolves that protect their village..but what no one expected was that Red could see them in their true forms.
There is sex, and a lot of it, mostly with dubious consent, and shame thrown in the mix..I freaking loved it..also it's a book so if you don't like it, well don't read it..simple as.
Red will try anything to get
H.B. Jasick
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This story was gripping and intense. It’s short, but packed with so much, that the length of story doesn’t matter. I loved Red and her five wolves. I’m not gonna lie...I picked favorites. The story had depth, and moments that mad me laugh, but most of all there was heat. This story has the heat level cranked up to the max!

This story is a perfect match for any lover of reverse harem stories. Alpha men all about one very deserving lady. I loved this story, and so will everyone I suggest it to
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
A very naughty, filthy twist on the Little Red Riding Hood fairytale. Red is literally thrown to the wolves by her village as the sacrifice in exchange for protection. She must learn to obey and submit to the 5 very big, bad wolves.

This book was given to me at my request and I provided this review voluntarily
Book-Lovin-Momma
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The dark, ominous tones of this RH book gave this that dark night, bright moon scary story appeal. I loved the background of the wolves' history and Raina's difficult beginnings. Her feisty attitude was a delightful aspect of the story, and the wolves were never the same again with their Red. Great dark and delicious twist on this long-time favorite tale!
Christina
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short, hot, dark, dirty adult version of fairytale Little Red Riding Hood. Oh and 5 wolves making it a reverse harem. Thoroughly enjoyed this book!

Cass
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful cover.
This twisted story was delicious! With a the blood moon sacrifice and smoking hot beast men.... I loved it!!!
CHERRY0BLOSSOMS
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma, lisa
Review by Gemma
Where do I start? This book was not what I expected, despite the disclaimer!!

Red is the sacrifice to five 'wolves' as part of a centuries-old curse on her village. She is prepared by the villagers and sent out into the woods, and this is where the real action begins...

The story was interesting and very, very hot and steamy. There were a few parts that were a bit rapey which I wasn't so sure about, and I'm sure Red must have developed Stockholm Syndrome as she seemed to see a lot m
Nina DuBois
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great spin on the fairytale of Little Red Riding Hood. I could even see hints of other fairytales mixed in here and there that really had me hooked to this book. This is my first time reading anything by both of these authors and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed their writing and their ability to write some steamy books. It is dark, twisted, and so very erotic. I couldn't put this book down if someone tried to rip it out of my hands.

Red and the Wolves is dark and dirty. Each of the
  • Deployed (Mad Dogs, #2)
  • Falling Angels
  • Pam-Ann
  • Subdued (Vakarran Captives #5)
  • Sweet Temptations: The Babysitter
  • Behavior Problem (Outlaw MC #3)
  • Awakening the Warriors (The Darkon Warrior Series #1.5)
  • Crave (The Devil and the Diamond, #1)
  • Brit Boys: On Boys
  • Night of the Wild Stags
  • Elicitation (The Training of Eileen, #1)
  • Dare to Hope (All Cocks #4)
  • Gilded Lily (Gilded Flower, #1)
  • Sterling New Year (Men of Alaska, #1)
  • The Waiting Room
  • Slap and Swallow: An MFM Romance
  • The Gingerbread Dungeon
  • Bred by the Berserkers (Berserker Saga, #2.5)
USA TODAY Bestselling Author in
Dark Romance & Horror.

There is something delicious in our desire for the corrupt, our ravenous appetite for the brutal, the profane, the unspeakable. The taboo. I write the type of books that give you a frisson of unease; that will have you questioning your own resolve as I take you on a dark ride of twists, kinks and perversions of both the flesh and mind.
Enjo