Start by marking “Dewdrops and Butterflies” as Want to Read:
Dewdrops and Butterflies

Dewdrops and Butterflies

“I smiled and acted like I was supposed to be there. It was amazing how much people assumed by a simple glance. An outfit, an expression, a tone of voice. Anyone could pretend to be anything. Today, I was a rich girl.”

Thirteen-year-old Rose Wells is determined to make it on her own. Running from authority one last time, the forest has become her home and the cafe her sourc
Published October 16th 2019 by Little Books for His Glory

To ask other readers questions about Dewdrops and Butterflies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dewdrops and Butterflies

Start your review of Dewdrops and Butterflies
Libby May
Jun 10, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-own
Dewdrops and Butterflies is now available for purchase here

Update October 11th, 2019: RELEASE DATE IS OCTOBER 16TH! KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED FRIENDS!

Update August 12th, 2019: currently working with betas and getting easy to release the official cover and start getting a paper proof copy!

November 6, 2018: This book is currently with ALPHA'S!!! If you are on my alpha team feel free to keep track of your reading on here! I'd love to see your progress.

July 27, 2018: Did y'all just see that?
Did you?

I
Kaitlyn Krispense
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
First of all—CONGRATULATIONS, Libby, on publishing your debut novel!! Welcome to the author world. <3

Dewdrops & Butterflies was . . . hard to get into. Rose had cut herself off from all human contact, and while my heart went out to her, I couldn't connect with her, I guess? I mean, it's a middle-grade novel, so with it being targeted for a younger reader, I wouldn't expect to click with her right away. But still. I also found it weird to read Alex's POV at first. But more on that in a moment.

For
Olivia
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta-read
Angie Thompson
*long, happy sigh*

I've been waiting for this book since being in Camp Nano with Libby when she was working on it--and waiting none too patiently, I must admit! ;) And now that I've finally read it, I just want to sink happily into a pile of fluff and stay there for days. <3<3<3

Seriously, Libby is such a talented writer! She made me laugh, she made me cry, she hurt my heart and fixed it again...and she made me want to just cuddle the book and all the characters while she did it. <3

Characters: *me
Rebekah Morris
This story has a lot of good things about it. It was written in a unique way with one chapter being from Rose’s perspective, then a chapter from Alex’s perspective, and then a chapter about Rose’s past which was told in 3rd person. It took me a little bit to get used to it, but I enjoyed it, except near the very end when the past felt too close to the present to be jumping back and forth.

I liked Rose. I wanted to help her, to let her know some of her fears were groundless. I wanted to be one of
Abigail Harris
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH GOODNESS, WOW, THIS BOOK!!!! <3 <3 <3 Full review to come.
Kaitlyn S.
Congrats, Libby, on your debut novel!!! I had been looking forward to this book for so long, and I was so happy to be able to read it! :D

I'll admit, this was a hard book for me to get into, for the first three chapters. I'm not sure why, but it was. And then, wow. I was crying, I was laughing, I was NOT wanting to put this down for anything.

The storyline of was easy to follow, without being too very predictable. Th eplot twists were surprising and suspenseful, and all the characters were broug
Ellen Senechal
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was captivated at once with this novel. It was amazing, and I will go ahead and stamp down the stars.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Yes, five stars, and I'm not taking it back, either. Libby had me trapped with her skillful writing style, deft switches of POVs, and, of course, the story. The story. So sad, so heart-wrenching . . . and yet so beautiful. Captivating at the beginning, satisfying at the end (and may I just say the epilogue was the sweetest thing ever??).
Girls everywhere will be touched by this b
Molly
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. RTC
Grace S
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a sweet book!

The characters were great! Alex, Jenni, Angel, Joseph, and John Parker!<3 And Rose... you want to shake some sense into her a few times, but you mostly want to hug her<3
Erika Mathews
Jan 03, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: remo-2021
I enjoyed this look into the life and heart of a foster child.
Abbey
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! You all need to read this!
Ejayen
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
As I was looking through the reviews around half way through this book, I saw that one of them had complaints about grammar. I thought to myself "really? I haven't noticed any" So I tried to pay attention. I think that reviewer may have been right, but I was enjoying the story to much to tell. ...more
JuliaRose H.
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although I found a few grammatical errors and at times I was only slightly confused, the storyline was such a saddening and beautiful concept of overcoming life problems and discovering that you are never alone even in the darkest of times. I thought this book had such an amazing message for people struggling with abusive families and other awful problems that have taken place in their lives. I love how it shows that God always has a reason for what happens in our lives. He hears us and He sees ...more
Brooke Munn
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent! Extremely heartfelt and emotional, made me tear-up several times. Libby May is an extremely talented author, it’s hard to believe this is her first novel! Definitely give this a read if you like wholesome Christian books!
Deborah
Dec 22, 2020
D Kaviyarasu
rated it did not like it
May 25, 2020
McPhaul M.
Mar 18, 2019

• Fanny's Hope Chest
  • Through the Tunnel
  • Fair in War (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #8)
  • Snow-Globe World
  • Danger in Detroit (The Leland Stories #1)
  • Beloved
  • Esther Ashton's New Dress
  • A Carol in Her Heart
  • Kiera
  • Porch Swing Girl (Tradewinds, #1)
  • Heritage of Praise
  • Picking Daisy (New England Inspirations #3)
  • Stop the Rain: Never Leave a Fallen Comrade
  • Deep Blue Sea
  • Carry Me Home (New England Inspirations #2)
  • Saving Faith (New England Inspirations #4)
  • Emma and the Reasons (Women of Promise Book 1)
  • The Least of These
Elizabeth May is a Christian Author seeking to write stories worth reading by weaving real life struggles with relatable and loveable characters. She lives in the beautiful Northwest US with her sisters and best friends. Connect with her through her blog: https://geoturtle.com/ ...more

News & Interviews

“She'd given up on perfect a long time ago. Now she was losing hope for enough.” 3 likes
“When she was with him, she laughed with her eyes and smiled with her heart. And she let herself truly be happy.” 3 likes