Start by marking “E is for Evil (Alphabet Anthologies Book 5)” as Want to Read:
E is for Evil (Alphabet Anthologies Book 5)

E is for Evil

(Alphabet Anthologies)

E is for Evil contains twenty-six individual stories which each shine a different light on the multi-faceted idea that is evil. Running the gamut from lyrical fantasy to gritty horror in these stories possessed toys, hellish bureaucrats, scientists with questionable morals, abusive partners and even lingerie sellers all take their turn in the spotlight.

Featuring fresh ne
Published May 15th 2018 by Poise and Pen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about E is for Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about E is for Evil

Start your review of E is for Evil (Alphabet Anthologies Book 5)
Melodie
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This anthology is the right sort of mix. Often you see 'horror' as gore and there is so much more to it than that. Horror can represent so many things. I'm not really a horror fan and read this book because a friend asked me to try it. I can say that I'm really glad I did. The creativity and ingenuity that the authors have actually made it pretty hard to put down and for a mother of a toddler... well, we are ALWAYS able to put things down in a hurry. In this case, not so much... had to start rea ...more
Anthony
More detailed review to come, but this is a wonderful, diverse short story collection. The theme is "evil." Some stories come at the theme directly and others obliquely, but every one of them fits.

There are 26 stories, one for each letter of the alphabet. Part of the fun is figuring out the full title of each story, which is only revealed at the end. I hit about half of them on the head, and came close on most of the rest, but there were a few where I thought "why didn't I think of that" when I
Brad Oates
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In each installment of Rhonda Parrish’s Alphabet Anthology series, a letter is used to set a unifying theme for the book. Then, each author contributes a story woven around that theme, and grounded in some way by their assigned letter of the alphabet. How do each of the 26 stories collected here incorporate their letter? Well, that’s all part of the fun!

In this fifth installment of the Alphabet Anthology, E is for Evil, every selection is united by the theme of evil. Each of the 26 authors expl
Anne
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
E is for Evil is an anthology of 26 stories that all have "evil" as their common thread. All of these stories are dark fantasy and/or horror, but that still leaves a vast set of stories, and all of these use "evil" in interesting and creative ways. Evil is done by mythological beings, goddesses, and many, many humans. But for such dark subject matter, the stories are light, engaging, and even freeing.

While not ever story hit my "sweet spot" for fiction, and there were two or three that were too
Jack Messenger
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
This wasn’t quite the kind of book I was expecting, but devotees of fantasy, horror and science fiction should find these stories much more to their taste. Featuring ghosts and demons, goblins and witches, zombies, werewolves and vampires, there is more than enough here for readers to sink their teeth into. One of the overarching themes of the stories is the great truth that most of the evil in this world is perpetrated by human beings, either as individuals or as groups. One story in particular ...more
Jeannette
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Not my usual style of reading but the short stories were good for when I couldn't read something longer. If you like sci-fi, paranormal and more these stories will be good reading for you but maybe not as a bedtime story.

I received this book for free in exchange for my review.
Beth Cato
Jun 27, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Not a review. Includes my story "R is for Rita." ...more
Book lover
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Evil tales

A good anthology of stories for every letter of the alphabet. The tales of evil range from horror, Sci-fi to supernatural. It's a good read for anyone looking for interesting short stories about the darker side of life.
Jenny_acc
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I have to say i was a bit disappointed with the content of these stories. I was expecting a bit more "evil" than what i got. DOn't get me wrong , i quite liked most of these stories, just the evil theme was not there in my opinion. ...more
Jess Garner
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I received this book through library thing giveaway in exchange for an honest review. E is for Evil is an anthology of 26 stories. This is not my usual type of reading but the short stories were good, my favorite one from the book was the one about the artists. However it did take me awhile to read this book i just kept putting it down and then picking it up again to read another story.E is for Evil is an anthology of 26 stories. This is not my usual type of reading but the short stories were go ...more
stephanie
Jan 04, 2021
Matthew Rettino
Jul 01, 2019
Michael Fosburg
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Ray Smith
Jun 10, 2018
Jessica Nicole
May 24, 2018
Rhonda
Mar 15, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Gazmend Kryeziu
Sep 17, 2019
Patti
Mar 06, 2018
Joseph
Apr 13, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Amanda Davis
Victoria Mae
Sep 12, 2018

• Little Demon Digest Volume 1
  • After Thoughts: Short Stories
  • Backteria and Other Improbable Tales (Richard Matheson Series)
  • Arcane
  • Frightening Fables
  • Collected Christmas Horror Shorts, Vol. II
  • Touch Not the Cat
  • Dark Thoughts
  • Night Lights: An Anthology of Short Fiction: First Contact, Conspiracy, and Space Opera
  • The Roast and Other Dark Delicacies: An Extreme Horror Collection
  • How To Exit Your Body: and Other Strange Tales
  • E is for Exorcism
Like a magpie, Rhonda Parrish is constantly distracted by shiny things. She’s the editor of many anthologies and author of plenty of books, stories and poems.

She lives with her husband and cats in Edmonton, Alberta, and she can often be found there playing Dungeons and Dragons, bingeing crime dramas. making blankets or cheering on the Oilers.

Her website, updated regularly, is at http://www.rhonda

Alphabet Anthologies (7 books)
  • A is for Apocalypse (Alphabet Anthologies Book 1)
  • B is for Broken
  • C is for Chimera
  • D is for Dinosaur
  • F is for Fairy
  • G is for Ghosts (Alphabet Anthologies, #7)