Start by marking “Creepy, Crawly Caterpillars” as Want to Read:
Creepy, Crawly Caterpillars

Creepy, Crawly Caterpillars

3.33  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
From the creators of "The Bug Book" comes an in-depth look at 13 caterpillars found in various parts of the world. Through lively prose and strikingly illustrated double-page spreads, the caterpillar's anatomy, growth process, and interesting, sometimes bizarre, behavior is discussed, thus showing the reader how fascinating these tiny creatures can be. Full color.
Published April 1st 1996 by Little Brown and Company (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Creepy, Crawly Caterpillars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creepy, Crawly Caterpillars

Andy Kavanaugh
The title of this book is "Creepy,Crawly, Caterpillars," by Margery Facklam and is illustrated by Paul Facklam. The book was published by Little, Brown and Company. Book was copyrighted in 1996.

This book is very interesting because it talks about 13 different kinds of caterpillars. The book gives all of the vitals of each of them, where they are found, what they eat, where they live, etc... It is also neat because at the bottom of each page is each individual caterpillar's life cycle and all of
Natalie
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it
This book talks about how caterpillars are practically everywhere and how there are so many different kinds. It also mentions how they all spin silk and have four thousand muscles. You learn about the many different types of caterpillars and see what they look like as a butterfly. I thought this was very informative and liked how there were sequence drawings of the caterpillar as an egg to a butterfly. This would be great to use in the classroom when teaching about metamorphosis.
Mrs Bond
Apr 12, 2009 rated it liked it
All about caterpillars. Begins with features general to caterpillars, followed by 2 page spreads on 13 specific caterpillar types. Band at the bottom each page highlights the life cycle, captions give names or very brief description. Colorful illustrations. Size relationships are aided by scattered leaves. Reference aids: table of contents, glossary.
Deirdrie
Feb 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
I love the colorful cover. Caterpillars were my favorite sort of "pet" when I was about 4 years old. I used to use empty jam jars to catch them on the back patio and them watch them eventually turn into butterflies! I let my son read the book to me at night and I even learned something new about caterpillars.
Kelly
Lots of info packed in a short text. Love the non-fiction elements and the opportunities for kids to use it as an easy reference text.
RHS*FLS