Start by marking “The New Global Mission: The Gospel from Everywhere to Everyone” as Want to Read:
The New Global Mission: The Gospel from Everywhere to Everyone

The New Global Mission: The Gospel from Everywhere to Everyone

Christian mission is no longer a matter of missionaries from the West going to the rest of the world. Rather, the growth of Christianity in Latin America, Africa and parts of Asia is eclipsing that of the Western church. In the third millennium of the Christian era, Christian mission is truly global, with missionaries from all places going to all peoples. Veteran missiolog ...more
Published November 11th 2003 by IVP Academic

To ask other readers questions about The New Global Mission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Global Mission

Start your review of The New Global Mission: The Gospel from Everywhere to Everyone
David
Dec 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Samuel Escobar's book is really an introduction to global missions. He writes about the growth of the church in the global south in the 20th century (chapter 1) before giving a brief overview of the history of mission (chapter 2). The third chapter focuses on globalization and how this has changed, and is changing, missions. He emphasizes the importance of contextualization and translation - bringing the message to a specific culture and how it then transforms the culture. At the same time there ...more
Greg Devarno
May 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
This is honestly a very poorly written book. I am astounded at those who found it to be relevant or interesting. I was determined to give Escobar the benefit of the doubt that it would improve, but I was let down. Page after page I was left with no real sense of any meaning on most pages and very little organization or outline to the book. Maybe I have some growing and learning to do before I am ready to receive this book; I don't know. It's not a page turner by any means.
Glenn Wishnew III
Nov 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Helpful, but quite slow and difficult to get through.
Ashley
Sep 05, 2007 marked it as attempted
Shelves: faith, missions
I'm drowning in the very academic, dry text. I'm sure it says good things, but I just can't wade through it. Abandon ship!
April Thrush
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This book made me realize how I think it is important to join a mission organization that has a global perspective. I like that it gives you insights to think outside of the Western mindset. It shows you there is more to missions than what the western world sends out. I think I will try to find a missions organization such as OM that is broader in perspective and has many countries represented.
Chris Mclain
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Escobar has a helpful historical perspective for those, like me, who are being introduced to missiology. His is a powerful and revolutionary perspective for most in the traditional Protestant American church context to consider and be challenged by.
Fidel Chapa
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great book.
Tanya
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missiology
Absolutely brilliant. Worth every single penny.
Bani
Jul 02, 2018
Matt Miller
Feb 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty without Hurting the Poor...and Yourself
  • Anthropological Insights for Missionaries
  • Western Christians in Global Mission: What's the Role of the North American Church?
  • The Spirit of the Disciplines: Understanding How God Changes Lives
  • Global Gospel: An Introduction to Christianity on Five Continents
  • Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: Unleash a Revolution in Your Life In Christ
  • Serving with Eyes Wide Open: Doing Short-Term Missions with Cultural Intelligence
  • Gospel Witness: Evangelism in Word and Deed