Start by marking “Damage (Lakefield Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Damage (Lakefield Book 5)

Damage (Lakefield Book 5)

What if the pivotal moment in your life, hinged upon all the events that happened in your past?

Suzanne had survived, had endured. At least that’s what she told herself. So many mistakes littered her life, and she was determined not to repeat them.

Living in Lakefield, with the memories of a man she loved and lost hanging over her, she decides to embark on a new life. It’s a

To ask other readers questions about Damage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damage

Na
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
"I'm not a ghost. I'm real and this job won't last forever."

Damage is the fifth book in the Lakefield Series and it comes with a sack full of surprises. Not only is the story suspenseful and gripping, but it's also funny and entertaining. I had a great time reading it, and enjoyed every minute.

"I just want a little bit of that sunshine you have, Suzie. Whatever you can give me, I'll take."

Suzie is a great heroine: brave, self-confident, determined, caring, loving. I already liked her during her
S. Horne
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this book is one of the best books Jennifer has ever written. Just when you think you know everything... You realize you don't. I highly recommend this book for any Lakefeild lover. I don't want to say a lot and give anythin away... But I am sad to see this series is ended.

Maybe the kids will get a story soon!!!

And Stop killing Sonya off Jennifer... she is a nice person damn It!
Ruby Ap.
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Ruby by: Been reading author's work since the beginning
This is the fifth book of the Lakefield Series by Jennifer Vester and I gotta say that this one is my second favorite of the total five books :)

Cade and Suzanne have been through a lot and I mean a lot but they are both survivors, and go forward, fighting every day to be strong and leave the past in the past... but sometimes the past can come out to haunt you in ways you couldn't imagine... no spoiler here...

These two have intense chemistry together and I loved how Suzanne is such a sassy and fe
Tania
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG, Jennifer Vester has done it again !!! Such a talented author. I was up all night reading this book and I completely ignored my homework but it was totally worth it. Just when you think you know anything and things can't surprise you Jennifer Vester shows you how wrong you are. Cade and Suzanne's story is was just perfect and so entertaining. This author makes you want to keep reading until you finish the whole book and leaves you wanting to read more of her books.Seriously this book was fab ...more
Katrina
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Can I give it more than 5 stars??? This is the book I have been waiting for since Break. OMG, I have to say Jennifer Vester just gets better with every book. This book was freaking awesome! In typical Jennifer fashion once you think you know what's happening she smacks you up side the head with a plot twist!! Once you pick this book up be prepared to tune everything else out until you have read the last word. . .
Rebecca Austin
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-kylie-s
Suzanne is trying to pick up the pieces of her life after the death of Cade and ended up in a really bad relationship with David but she has broken free and has decided to leave Lakefield and head to Bakersville to be close to her mom.

Yet soon she realizes that her new job is not what she has expected and she also learns that a serial killer is on the loose.

When Suzanne finds herself the latest target of the serial killer will she allow her past back in or will she stand straight and rely on the
Courtney  (Book Crazy Lady)
*** I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.***
This is such a great series! Before I started book 1, I had never read a book by Jennifer Vester. Now when I hear her name, I know I am going to look forward to her books! Each of these men from the Lakefield series deal with real life and everyday issues! These books are realistic in nature and relationship issues. It is truly refreshing to read something that I don't need to question all the info in the book.
Cade and Suzanne are great t
Jenn the Readaholic
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, if this wasn't the perfect book to round out the Lakefield men! Suzanne is just trying to move past losing someone very important to her (though she wasn't sure how important she was to the person she lost), which helps her make the decision to move to her hometown in order to care for her only remaining family member. Unfortunately for Suzanne (or fortunately, depending on your view), her move brings her into contact with the one person she cared the most about, as well as dropping her squa ...more
Kat
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cade, who we've thought was dead, isn't so dead. Not going to tell you why he had to leave Lakefield, just going to say it's a really good reason. Also going to say that when he meets up with Susanne again, she doesn't let him off too light. Angry and hurt doesn't even begin to describe how she feels. And she most definitely let's him know. Cade being gone for months, doesn't let a moment go by before locking her down. Something she's not exactly on board with at the moment. But when Cade's miss ...more
Ashley
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leslee
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suzanne has had it with the heartache and sorrow that is everywhere she looks in Lakeview. Falling for her boss Cade but never telling him, the regret has cut her to the bone. So she decides to move back home to be there for her mom and see if she can't restart her life. Working in bars and such has always been her go to for employment. So when she gets back to town, she head for a hot new club to get a job. But that is where things spin out of control. Will Suzanne have what it takes to survive ...more
Kristi
I have been trying to think of a way to urge you to READ this book withouth giving away the twists and turns of the plot. I think the best way to do this book justice is to tell you it is the best in the series. It has all of the makings of an already great series...great chemistry between the characters...dedicated alpha male and a dash of suspense thrown in.
This story is about Suzanne, who has moved from Lakefield. Partially to care for her ailing mother, and partly to recover from a profound
Teri
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Suzanne has had enough. With her mother's health concerns she makes a decision. Heartbroken and unsettled what else can she do. This author, man gotta love her. For all of the giddiness from one of the reveals in this book she may have redeemed herself on one point but the twist that she has going on in this book will continue to knock you for a loop clear to the end. Nothing is what it seems and people are not who they say. Between the FBI and the guys Suzanne's life will never be the same. And ...more
Dee
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“fast-paced, romantic suspense”

Suzanne is ready to move on and try to rebuild her life after the loss of someone she loved dearly. Starting over in a new town will give her a new beginning. But nothing is as it seems, and the past comes crashing into the present with dangerous consequences…I don’t want to spoil any twists or turns in the story, you’ll have to read it for yourself.

Damage is book five in the Lakefield series by Jennifer Vester. The series is interconnected but can definitely be r
Mary Fazzi
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Suzanne is upset that she never got a chance to tell Caden that she like him and wanted to maybe try to date him. He was killed and left her wondering what to do now. She decided it was time to move back home and help her mom out since she was slipping from time to time. She found a job and that job had surprised her with the one thing she thought she would never see again. Caden who was now called Mark. Everything was happening so fast but Caden was on a job and no one knew. She wasn’t sure wha ...more
Carrie
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an INTENSE story! SO happy to have this story!! Great mystery, great banter, great friendship & steam & I loved the epilogue!! The only thing keeping this from being a 5 star (or, really, a 10++) was that I didn't feel they were together enough. A lot of the story happens w/ them apart for one reason or another - you still feel the love & devotion, but they're not physically together. That was a bit of an issue for me, even w/ how brilliantly it was told. EVERYTHING else, howeve ...more
Heather Whitaker
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WTF! I'm at a loss for words. I'm pretty sure I am in what is considered a book hangover, AND it is so worth it. This book was AMAZING! It is so worth it. Jennifer takes us on a rollercoaster of emotions. Each one of her male characters are hot and freaking ALPHA to the nth degree and Cade is no different. Suzie is a strong female character who is perfect for Cade. Her spunkiness rivals all the other girls put together and that is saying something since 1 of her best friends is Olivia. I will no ...more
Tracey Vuolo
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic and mind blowing in every way. Damage does Damage to your heart and soul in such good and bad ways that you can’t help but love every minute of it. These two have such electric chemistry that you can feel it from your fingers down to your toes. They are so stubborn and fierce but also sweet and insecure. The love and loyalty drips off the pages and makes you swoon. Then the drama and the crazy twists will rock your world. I wanted to cry when I got to the last page.....I’m not ready fo ...more
Samantha Waldow
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has so many twist and turns it makes you throw your hands up and go why. This the the 5th book and last in the series. Suzanne is a waitress at Muse. She's had a huge crush on her boss Cade but did nothing about it. She was sassy when Cade was around. Then the worst happened. Cade died. It broke her. She was numb for days when she found out he was gone. It took her 8 months to  save enough money to move home and help her mom. She walks in to her new waitress job and meets her new boss ...more
Breyana Floyd
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg I can't believe it's all done. Cade and Suzie were the perfect way to wrap up such a beautiful story. All the boys were amazing but this story I think may have stolen my heart. Cade is without a doubt one of the biggest assholes in his group but he has the biggest heart. And sweet Suzie girl is really just the perfect ray of sunshine. Those two damaged souls were made for one another and watching their story unfold was amazing. Ms. Vester knocked it out of the park and totally knocked my soc ...more
Dee Beltran
Gretchen Chasse
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another book in the Lakefield series and this one is crazy action packed. Suzanne is set to start her life over, the last thing she needs is man who is not who he says he is. Cade is back, bet you didn't see that coming but boy will you be glad he returned. This is the story of Suzanne and Cade, its full of action, secrets, love and a killer. I'm just going to leave my review at that. YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK, SO GOOD!!
Amy Andrzejewski
I enjoyed reading the Lakefield series. Damage was a fast paced, easy read and very hard to put down. This Suzanne and Cades story. When book 4 ended I felt bad for Suzanne when Cade died. I was excited to learn that wasn't exactly true. In this book lots of things happen with Cade and Suzanne's relationship. It's not a easy feat dealing with an Alpha. Helps to have a strong minded and willed heroine. This book was the perfect ending to this series.
Mrs K Bartholmew
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cade is dead and Suzanne is heartbroken. She wishes she had made her feelings known. She wishes she had been with him, kissed him, loved him while he was here. The constant reminder of him at Muse and the fact her mum needs more help spur her into moving back to her hometown. Her first day at her new job has an unpleasant, yet not surprise for her when she meets Mark, her new boss.
Throw a psycho serial killer into the mix and you have an excellent end to a fab series.
Scrap
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
all I can say is no review will do this book justice, You cannot explain the intense emotions you
will get from reading this book, When Cade died in book 3 it shattered me along with Susie, BUT
OMG the chemistry between Mark and Susie flies off the pages, When Susie is targeted Alpha Male
Mark comes out, and so do tons of secrets, This was by far my favorite of this series. I know I will be
reading the entire series again!
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book is the fifth in the Lakefeid book and you should definitely read the other as no to be confused or lost in this one. I'm gonna review this very carefully because you need to go into this book almost blind as suppliers will ruin it. I loved these two so much there love was amazing it was just Everything! I can't wait to read what is next for this author because after this amazing book I can only imagine!
Lisa Gallant
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-read
I love this book so much .. I bit sad that it the last of the series..
I Love how Cade and Suzy overcome everything and are very strong to continue by looking to look for the killers ....will all going on Will their relationship be able to last thru everything and with all tha pass3s in past ..it’s a must read boook ..you can feel the characters feeling ...hurry get this book you will not regret it...
Joleen Grace
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok. This book surprised me totally. I didnt see the twist at the beginning. Was not expecting it at all. I like it when an author can surprise me! The chemistry between the character and the fighting between them is awesome. Not some weak female. Didn’t want to stop reading. Of course I liked seeing the rest of the “family”too. Never dissatisfied!
Missy
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer knows how to get your heart and imagination going. The Lakefield series has been a favorite of mine but this book took it to a whole new level. These two characters will break your heart and soul but in the end they will piece you back together stronger than ever. Absolutely fabulous read.
Ashley
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Vester is like the queen of angsty twists and turns! Each book in the Lakefield series brings more intensity and drama than the last, and Damage being book five makes good on that promise. With tragic deaths, serial killers on the loose, and all of the emotional angst this book will leave you completely riveted and on the edge of your seat.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jennifer Vester is a romance author whose ambition is to entertain readers with off-beat female characters and the over-the-top alpha men that love them.

Her books revolve around romantic suspense with a little something for every reader. Always an HEA....(but look out for those twists!) It's romance suspense after all.

The Lakefield series deals with some very serious subjects at times.

Come follow
“Love was family, it was in the friends you made. It was in the smile of a child and the tears of a parent. It bled into things like laughter, quiet moments, hard decisions, and restless dreams. Love didn’t choose kindly sometimes, it didn’t bother with what a person thought. It happened on its own, grew where it wanted, and withered if proven false.” 0 likes