Start by marking “Passage (Akasha #1)” as Want to Read:
Passage (Akasha #1)

Passage

(The Akasha Series #1)

Uncover a Lifetime of Lies in this Fantasy Adventure!

On day one, Charlie Damuzi and her mute twin brother Tirigan are blissfully unaware of the dangerous world they live in. They may be aliens living on Earth after the extinction of humans, but to Charlie, life is pretty mundane.

On day two, the Damuzi family is ripped apart by a family secret that forces the twins to f
Published March 13th 2018 by Cromulent Press

To ask other readers questions about Passage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passage

Susan Lackey
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The characters in the story are well defined as is the setting. Indie Gantz has created a world rich with detail and action. It’s easy to get caught up in the story and not want to put the book down. Charlie and Tirrigan, the main characters, are wonderfully developed and given great depth.

The book was good and I am looking forward to book two in the Akasha series.
Tonja Drecker
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With a unique twist and changing points of view, this is a read to enjoy.

Charlie and Tirigan are alien twins born on Earth after humans have gone extinct. They've spent their lives traveling with their parents across the globe, meeting few people along the way. When their mother is suddenly captured, their father unveils a dangerous secret which forces the twins to flee to an unknown side of Earth on their own. This part of the story is told from Charlie's point of view, while her brother, Tirig
TheReadingCornerforAll Lopez
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
 Now here is the adventure novel full of suspense that readers have been waiting for! The first line grabs you from the very beginning as readers come to learn about the Anunnaki and how they integrated themselves on earth as observers of the human race. I haven't read a book of the sci-fi genre in quite some time and I must report that Passage was definately a great read to enthuse my interest in the genre.  I'd compare Passage's sense of action and adventure with Contact and The Mothman Prophe ...more
Bailey Ember
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-scifi, ya-fantasy
This novel is written in such a unique way. You can kind of tell from the synopsis that there will be some time jumping. This is a difficult thing for an author to master as to not confuse their reader. I'm happy to say that Indie Gantz has done this masterfully.

One thing that you need to be aware of that is this is a Book 1, so there is a LOT to learn about the world Indie Gantz is taking us into and the characters. That is a huge part of this novel, backstory and getting the reader up to spee
Kate N
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A friend recommended this book, and I was excited to get my hands on one of the first copies released. While it’s not my typical genre, I may have to rethink that about myself, because this book was wonderful. Within pages I was invested in the characters and their lives. Indie Gantz has a way with words that instantly and fully transports readers to when this series takes place. While giving detail to lay down the setting and back story, Indie Gantz builds a foundation for the series without bo ...more
Monica
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
So this book remind me of how a new Marvel film series starts. The first movie is always the one with the back story and more boring than the movies to come. This book is the same way as it's the first book in the series it's really a backstory book which can get boring at times. You learn a lot about an alien race that came to earth after all the humans died. Though apparently there are still some humans on earth just not the normal kind. There are some interesting parts to this story but it ca ...more
Rose
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Passage: Book I of The Akasha Series by Indie Gantz is written very well. I couldn't put this book down. I was hooked from tbe beginning. I don't normally read science fiction, but decided to try this one and I'm glad I did.

It is set in a world where humans are extinct but the Annunaki that now inhabit earth take on many human customs and well known books and ideas such as Shakespeare and the concept of a "meme".

This is a story of a family of aliens that is ripped apart and is struggling to co
Mariah Brothe
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dynamic characters, a beautiful, detailed fantasy world, and dual timelines lead to a fast pageturner!

The first book of the Akasha Series is a smart read. A robustly built science fiction/fantasy world, fast, witty dialogue, and dynamic characters make this novel a real page-turner while not skimping on the depth of the theory of the magic and social structure that make it realistic. Indie Gantz has captured relatable characters and engaging dual timelines to make me want to never put this book
Laurie
This book captured my attention at the start and kept me entertained to the last sentence. The concepts presented as the story developed are unique. I particularly liked the dystopian setting on a future Earth in which “normal” humans have become extinct.

I had a little difficulty with the time jumps and shifts in POV at first until I got used to the author’s storytelling style. Tirigan and Charlie are paternal twins but each has a distinct personality and individual quirks. Despite that, they
Jen
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** I received a copy of this book for free through a Goodreads giveaway. **

I enjoyed this book very much (for the most part). I did have some difficulty with the time jumps at first but after the second (or maybe third) such jump, I realized how they fit into the story and how they enhanced it. The characters were very well developed and the idea of two competing alien races being all that was left on earth after some type of apocalypse was well done. The pace was constant and there was enough a
C. Gonzales
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-fantasy, ya-scifi
I felt that the plot was a good one, but the flow of it seemed a bit rushed at times. I found myself trying to keep up. Luckily it wasn't too crazy and ultimately I understanding everything and actually ended up appreciating the pace.

These characters each have their own personalities and depth to them. None of them felt one-dimensional or forced, they all shined through as individuals.

Once I was in this novel I was immersed for sure. There is so much in it... Fantasy, Adventure, Action, Strong
Samantha Turley
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
I loved how fast this novel was in its pacing, I thought that it kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. I loved how much action there was throughout and how the author didn’t shy away from making sure everything was detailed.
The time jumps and multiple perspectives were fun to read about. I didn’t find myself getting lost at all, Indie Gantz does a great job of clearly defining each moment.
I liked the fact that we got backstory and plenty of descriptions of the world we were in, I
Kathy M.
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Passage is a very well-written, captivating book. I was hooked within the first chapter and am left wanting to read more about Charlie and Tirigan and where their struggles/adventures lead them. I felt that the set up and background material was interwoven well with the story. The mystery and action definitely kept me reading. I am looking forward to reading the next book!
Tammy
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really interesting, unique concept! I loved the characters and the way the author drew me in and left me wanting more. When’s the next one Indie G!!!
Hannah
Aug 13, 2019
tiffany griffiths
May 14, 2018
Sugarrr
rated it did not like it
Feb 01, 2019
Beth Firman
May 12, 2018
Joel Davidson
Jul 02, 2018
Lindsay
DNF

I kept trying to read this one, determined to get through it, but I found myself dragging. I couldn't pinpoint what it was, and I finally started writing out my thoughts on it. I think the pace was too constant, nothing to drive the story (or me) further. I gave it a good chance though! Maybe another day...
kathy carrell
James Cozzarelli
Cindy Hess
Sue

• A New Threat
  • Matt Archer: Legend (Matt Archer #3)
  • Paradise 21 (A New Dawn, #1)
  • Monsterland
  • The Enchantress of Lynniah
  • SILVER: Acheron (A River of Pain) (The Amaranthe Chronicles, #1) (Silver, #1)
  • Dead Light
  • Nightwolves on the Prowl (The Nightwolves #2)
  • Jack Templar and the Lord of the Vampires (The Templar Chronicles, #3)
  • Strange Places (Finding Tayna, #1)
  • The Way of the Black Beast (The Malja Chronicles, #1)
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • Chasing Midnight (The Dark of Night, #2)
  • Birthright (Ivy Granger, #4)
  • Undercover Magic (Shifty Magic, #2)
  • Shifter School: A Wyrdos Universe Novel
  • The Harvest (The Last Orphans #2)
  • Upload
Author of the coming of age, genre-bending Akasha series.

Family. Deception. Friendship. Destruction.
It all begins on Day One .

Indie Gantz grew up in Northern Virginia and received her Psychology degree at George Mason University. Despite her passion and curiosity for the human mind, Indie left her chosen field of study to finally give voice to the many imagined minds she has created.
Indie lives w

The Akasha Series (2 books)
  • Kindred (Akasha #2)