Start by marking “Bob Langrish’s World of Horses: A Master Photographer’s Lifelong Quest to Capture the Most Magnificent Horses in the World” as Want to Read:

Nautilus Book Awards Silver Winner

Bob Langrish’s World of Horses is the culminating collection of a master photographer who has traveled six continents in search of the most compelling horses in their native habitats.

From the Mongolian steppe to the South African desert, barrier islands to city streets, Langrish has recorded the lives and activities of these majestic and
Published October 2nd 2018 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Bob Langrish’s World of Horses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bob Langrish’s World of Horses

Start your review of Bob Langrish’s World of Horses: A Master Photographer’s Lifelong Quest to Capture the Most Magnificent Horses in the World
Montzalee Wittmann
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bob Langrish’s World of Horses A Master Photographer’s Lifelong Quest to Capture the Most Magnificent Horses in the World by Bob Langrish is a book I requested from NetGalley and the review is voluntary. This is a stunning book of the most gorgeous horses from around the world. You don't have to guess where in the world they are from either, the author has a map detailing where each type of horse is from, a brief history of the horses, and some other wonderful tidbits. This is a book I could loo ...more
Julie
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: photography
I shared this book with my daughter, as she shares my love of horses, and this is what she wrote: "This book features images of horses in various natural settings with minimal involvement of humans. There are a variety of breeds and moods, though all capture the beauty and power of the horse." I wholeheartedly agree. Langrish truly captures the essence of each magnificent creature.
Clare O'Beara
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: horse-fact, travel
I would love to have seen this book properly but the photos did not view at all in my e-copy from Net Galley. This has been a problem with several NG books recently, but by no means all.

The author has travelled around the world and photographed horses. I found only a brief paragraph under each photo and a map which was sometimes confusing. The map showed a dot for South Africa, where the photo of Friesian horses was taken; but although the text says the breed originated in the Netherlands I tho
Literary Soirée
Bob Langrish’s World of Horses is such a beautiful book, with gorgeous photographs taken on six continents. This master artist with a camera captured these magnificent creatures in their natural habitats and the results are stunning! Includes spirited text by Olympic gold medalist Jane Holderness-Roddam, who shares the backstory of Langrish’s adventures, as well as details on how horse behaviors and traits vary by habitat. A highly recommended visual Valentine to a most incredible animal, the ho ...more
Etienne
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nothing much to say here. A picture book of horses by a photographer. Perfect coffee table book for horse lovers. It separated in chapter depending of the environment I would say... Great photography quality!
Janet
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the publisher, as I do not regurgitate the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it!

Bob Langrish’s World of Horses is the culminating collection of a master photographer who has travelled six continents in search of the most compelling horses in their native habitats.

Monique S. (The Ginger Librarian)
This book showcases horses from around the world with stunning photographs and a descriptive paragraph to go along with each photo. This is a beautiful book that horse lovers are sure to enjoy!

I received an advance reader's copy of this book from NetGalley and the book's publisher in exchange for my honest review, for which I am very grateful.
Kaffeeklatsch and Books
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
The author and photographer has 40+ years experience in capturing the most stunning shots of horses. It is a beautiful book for all horse lover and artists as reference material including lots of information about the different horse breeds of the world.
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
I received a copy of Bob Langrish’s World of Horses through NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

What an absolutely striking collection of photographs. The subtitle for this book is very accurately named; Bob Langrish set out to photograph the most magnificent horses in the world, and he certainly succeeded. These photographs are absolutely beautiful – words cannot do them justice.
I honestly would have been happy having this book simply be a collection of these wonderful photo
Nicki Markus
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-non-fiction
If you are a horse lover, there is much to admire about the collection of images in Bob Langrish's World of Horses. I have only ridden a horse once, and that was about 14 years ago, but I have never forgotten the experience and would love to repeat it one day. I find horses fascinating and beautiful creatures, and that is what led me to request this title for review. And the photography is stunning. I also liked how the images were arranged via terrain. However, one thing spoilt this collection ...more
Brenda
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horses, nature
Gorgeous photographs of the noble horse, as would be expected from the great photographer Bob Langrish! Most horse-crazy people have owned at least one calendar of his horse photographs (I know I have). The photographs are organized by what type of location the photos were taken (beach, snow, forests, etc.). Accompanying text describes a bit of what went into the taking of the photo (such as waiting, weather, lighting, breed description, whether the horse was cooperative or otherwise). I very mu ...more
Teresa
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Horse's are beautiful animals. I loved this book and the beauty Bob Langrish has brought out in it. He traveled to 6 continents to make this this amazing book. He shows the horses in all different settings, different colors, different breeds, different ages, and has truly brought out the beauty or these animals. I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed the photos in this book.

If you love horses this book is for you.

I received this book from the Author or Publisher via Netgalley.com and chose to
Abby Turner
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Beautiful photos of horses.
Sabrina Kiele
Apr 14, 2019
Melise
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This book was exactly what I expected-a book full of beautiful horse photography. I only had two minor quibbles with the book--the first is that the text that accompanied the photos was rather banal, and sometimes even silly. The second was that the photos all felt as if they were taken from a similar distance away from the animals, and this sameness began to make me less impressed with each individual photo as I saw it. I think if there had been a bit more variety--some extreme closeups juxtapo ...more
Patrice Eberline
Mar 27, 2019
B.
Jun 23, 2020
Izabela Korwel
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Bob Langrish is a well known British equine photographer. His website mentions numerous books, one notable for me was the "Smithsonian Handbook: Horses" by Elwyn Hartley Edwards. So when I reached for "Bob Langrish’s World of Horses" by Jane Holderness-Roddam, I expected a coffee table book, double-page spreads, and variety of shots from tight close ups to sweeping environmental protraits.

The book met only some of those expectations. First, it is for sure not a coffee table book. It is also not
Leyla Johnson
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a really nice book, very informative in many ways but mostly superb photography of amazing horses in amazing places, running free.
Anyone that is interested in photography, which includes animals, will gain some education on how to get an animal to pose for that perfect natural photo. Likewise anyone interested in horses will experience some fabulous eye candy from the photos. There are lots of tidbits on information about the different breeds and location, some of which was new to e and
Carol
Mar 09, 2019
Kat
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bob Langrish has compiled some of the most beautiful pictures inside this book. The natural beauty of horses with scenic backgrounds leaves you breathless. A must for any horse lover! It reminds you that we only get a small glimpse at nature and to enjoy it!
Jackie Lantern
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful variety of horses photographed, all with explanatory captions. A truly stunning animal no matter where the surroundings.
Holly TenHarmsel
Feb 26, 2019
Nancy
Feb 04, 2019
Aggie
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Could not view the format in which book was received, it looks like a very beautiful book even through i could not review.
Marianne
Ashly
Dec 20, 2018

• The Art of Star Wars Rebels Limited Edition
  • Nature in Horsemanship: Discovering Harmony Through Principles of Aikido
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: North and South (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #5)
  • A Song of Wraiths and Ruin (A Song of Wraiths and Ruin, #1)
  • Star Wars Myths & Fables
  • They Called Us Enemy
  • Enemy of All Mankind: A True Story of Piracy, Power, and History's First Global Manhunt
  • The Dance of Fear: Rising Above Anxiety, Fear, and Shame to Be Your Best and Bravest Self
  • A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1)
  • Nature Craft
  • Tilda Hot Chocolate Sewing: Cozy Autumn and Winter Sewing Projects
  • Thrawn (Star Wars: Thrawn, #1)
  • Stormy: a Story about Finding a Forever Home
  • Backyard Bears: Conservation, Habitat Changes, and the Rise of Urban Wildlife
  • Your Year in Art: A project for every week of the year to overcome blank-page anxiety and inspire creative exploration
  • Origami 101: Master Basic Skills and Techniques Easily through Step-by-Step Instruction
  • Crochet 101: Master Basic Skills and Techniques Easily through Step-by-Step Instruction
  • Moondust Lake (Miramar Bay, #3)

News & Interviews