Start by marking “The Dark Between Stars” as Want to Read:
The Dark Between Stars

The Dark Between Stars

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

From the internationally bestselling author of Love Her Wild comes The Dark Between Stars, a new illustrated collection of heartfelt, whimsical, and romantic poems from Instagram poetry sensation, Atticus.

Atticus, has captured the hearts and minds of nearly 700k followers (including stars like Karlie Kloss, Emma Roberts, and Alicia Keys). In his s
Published September 4th 2018 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about The Dark Between Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dark Between Stars

Start your review of The Dark Between Stars
Gabby
I was a huge fan of Atticus's first book Love Her Wild, I gave it 5 stars, but this collection of poetry was so disappointing. I liked maybe three poems in this entire collection and the rest were such basic, cliche-sounding crap.

Here are some of the "poems" I disliked:

"The prettiest eyes sparkle from the inside out."

"It's always safe to do noting when it rains."

"I've always loved lavender, it's purple in all the right places."

Like.... ok?? Also, this collection is divided into three small sect
Emma Scott
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
“The bravest thing she ever did was to stay alive each day.”
Jenna
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
Just not feeling the love for this collection by Atticus. I think his first collection, Love Her Wild, was much better. Like those poems, these are mostly one sentence. There were a couple I really liked but most were merely OK. I also preferred the photography in the first book, though there are a few really stunning black and white photographs in this one as well. If you're a fan, I'd say to read this; otherwise, try "Love Her Wild" first. ...more
Nadia Awadi
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
He fell in love
Then fell out of it
I'm still single
Wondering:
"Why have I read this?"

That's me being poetic. This book is about Luuuuurve with cool pictures and some nudes here and there. Yeah. That's it. And honestly, don't recommend it.
Angela Magic Art
This just made me feel so good. It was like my soul needed some poetry! I can't even explain what I'm feeling right now. I just curled up on my bed, with some Fall Celtic music on in the background, and my cat sleeping next to me, and read this entire beauty in one sitting! It just reminded me about the magic of the world, and how little things are fantastic and dreamy. The photography throughout this book is also amazing, and so perfectly aesthetic. My favorite parts were the "Stars" and the "D ...more
Dawnny
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book of poetry! His ability to say so much in only a few words is amazing. Each poem sparks a thought, a memory and takes you on your own journey. I love that the book has photos with each poem. A wonderful book of words.
lucie
Oct 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: in-english, 2018
I am disappointed. I liked maybe three or four 'poems', the rest felt pretentious and cliché. I've expected more.
Rachael Beverly
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry, 2018-read
I’m probably going to be in the minority here but here goes… 3.5 overhyped stars rounded down to 3.

She was that
wild thing I loved
my dark between stars

I absolutely loved Love Her Wild, Atticus’s first book. The poems were separated into sections (Love, Her, and Wild) and the poems were placed accordingly. Atticus attempted a similar set up for The Dark Between Stars with varying degrees of success. He started backward with Stars and ended with Dark, which was an interesting choice. In the book’s
Priya
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I love you most in that place between coffee and sleep."

"I want to know every part of you,
every scar,
every bruise,
I want to trace the map of you,
my fingers a compass,
your freckles the constellations
which in my heart I will chart
so when I close my eyes
I’ll have you in my stars forever."

The cover is just gorgeous, writing is simple yet phenomenal. The poems will just leave you mesmerized.
Bobbie
Sep 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
When will it end? Absolutely trash poetry.
Patricia | patriciakreads
May 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
description

What in the bad poetry is this mess? Seriously. What the hell is this and who thought this was a good idea to publish it?

I liked the total of 4 poems in this book, everything else felt just like some words put together in complete nonsense as if the author was playing "writing what first comes to my mind".

This is bad. This is really, really bad. And this is coming from someone who's read Love Her Wild and I absolutely loved that one! But this one was terrible. And just to give a few examples:

Igraine
Nov 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Cliche, trite, a waste of money. I honestly don't understand the praise.

I'd consider this more quotes than poetry. I feel a lot of the imagery and themes could've been expanded into longer works of greater depth. As is, his 'poetry' offers nothing novel or interesting.

I also find his taking on the voice of an old man, old woman, little boy, and little girl, very odd and pretentious. As though that would give an air of wisdom to otherwise lackluster statements.

In addition, he uses a lot of "she
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
I've never been a big poetry fan, but after discovering Atticus on Instagram, I am hooked on his words. The Dark Between Stars is just as magnificent as Atticus's first book of poetry, Love Her Wild. These poems are real, relatable, and heartfelt. I shared the collection with my sister and friend and they are now hooked on Atticus's words as well. I highly recommend this book of poetry to anyone who loves poems or romantic quotes.
Kim
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I enjoyed the first book more and I felt like this seemed more about telling people who are in a bad place mentally that they aren’t lost causes or something, some sort of self help poetry maybe?
Guiana
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is so easy to forget
we are the same as all the others
in thinking that we are different.

Atticus has always been one of the Instagram/Tumblr-y poets I've seen around, and I'm happy to have gotten a hold of his second book, after reading Love Her Wild. Although, I found I enjoyed the latter more than I did this.

The photographs are beautiful, but it nearly felt all the same as Love Her Wild, and within its own pages, therefore it became a bit tiresome. Plus, no one warned me about the couple
N.K. Salem
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it

I've always loved lavender.
It's purple in all the right places

Okay, so, most of the poems in here were pretty average - with a few standouts. The major downfall of this book, I believe, is the extreme hype surrounding it. It's very overrated, not because it's bad, but because it's overwhelmingly mediocre.

I also felt like some of the poems here lacked .... authenticity?! I didn't feel the poet's emotions through them. Sometimes it just felt like he wrote it down only because it sounded more a
Erika
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites, poetry
Atticus has done it again! What a powerful book full of so many different feelings all at once. There’s always one poem in particular that will stick out as the ultimate poem and changes your life for the better.
Mariah
3.5? I really liked half these, but I feel like my soul is just too skeptically single for the other half lol
Emilia Ann
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's something about this poetry that's beautiful. It's not mind-blowing, or overtly original. But it's everything that you want someone to say. It's comfortable, and touches a part of you like only some things can.
Mellie Antoinette
May 02, 2020 rated it liked it
“‘Sunshine,’ she said ‘is my favorite color.’”

I read these trinkets while waiting for the richly purple dye in my hair to set. The poetry took. The hair color didn’t. A shame really for I too love the color of lavender. “It’s purple in all the right places.”
Gerardine  Betancourt
"To be alive is the strange and wondrous miracle we forget" Atticus
3 stars⭐⭐⭐
Shayla Raquel
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perhaps one of the most important things that poetry can offer us is pure, unbridled honesty. Atticus, known for keeping his identity a secret, has always told the truth in each poem he writes. Thanks to Instagram, Atticus's success with his poetry has provided a path for more poets to shine bright.

The Dark Between Stars takes the reader on a journey of a blossoming relationship, the ups and downs of committing to one another, and finding oneself wrapped in loneliness once more. Similar to Atti
Georgia
Nov 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
I just... do not understand the hype about any of these books. It completely lacks depth and emotion. The writing is basic and also, pretentious. There are so many other great entry level poetry books to be read! Do not bother reading these books, they really are awful.
Saanvi
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Review to come :)
Sarah Dorothea
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 stars! ⭐ Atticus' poetry never ceases to disappoint! I really adore the themes that Atticus touches upon with his words. The relatability and raw honesty is so refreshing... This just made me feel so good. It was like my soul needed some poetry! The photography throughout this book is also amazing, and so perfectly aesthetic. Atticus' ability to say so much in only a few words is amazing. Each poem sparks a thought, a memory and takes you on your own journey.

“Love by its very nature
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sept-2018
MY RATING: 4/5 STARS

I received an ARC from Simon Schuster Canada in exchange for a honest review.

I was sent this book unsolicited and honestly, if I never got it from the publisher, I probably would have never picked up the book and potentially lose all the beautiful quotes/poetry I've since collected since I read it. I'm not a fan of poetry. I don't hate it but I'm also not the type to lean towards it when I have a spare hour to read whatever I want. Let's just say that I have a trouble under
Renata
Aug 11, 2020 rated it liked it
This book made me want to fall in love and feel all the butterflies and all the stupid little cute things, really sweet and cute.

“Never believe
while they are alive
and the world
worse when they
are dead.”

“Some days life is a grand adventure,
other days it seems
an uncomfortable necessity between sleeps.”
Smurfette
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
What a beautiful book filled with beautiful words and beautiful photographs!
Having read it in one go it feels like I had just finished reading a love story - complete with highs and lows and it is strange to think back to the poems in the beginning of the book, since they conveyed such a different atmosphere in comparison to the ones at the end.

The book as a whole feels like one big confession of love - to Paris, to Her, to the stars and the universe, to oneself, to poetry, and to love itself.
Sarah Loggia
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this compilation of poems! Short and sweet, but very meaningful. The concept is amazing and super relatable. I also loved the addition of the images to accompany the poems. Such a beautiful touch! I 100% recommend!

• Healing the Heart (Pillow Thoughts #2)
  • Pillow Thoughts (Pillow Thoughts #1)
  • Mending the Mind (Pillow Thoughts, #3)
  • The Mermaid's Voice Returns in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #3)
  • Empty Bottles Full of Stories
  • To Make Monsters Out of Girls (Things that Haunt, #1)
  • Break Your Glass Slippers (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale, #1)
  • I Hope You Stay
  • The Princess Saves Herself in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #1)
  • She Felt Like Feeling Nothing
  • Nocturnal
  • The Witch Doesn't Burn in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #2)
  • Love Looks Pretty on You
  • Light Filters In: Poems
  • To Drink Coffee with a Ghost (Things that Haunt, #2)
  • Whiskey, Words, and a Shovel I