Start by marking “The Dark Between Stars” as Want to Read:
The Dark Between Stars

The Dark Between Stars

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

From the internationally bestselling author of Love Her Wild comes The Dark Between Stars, a new illustrated collection of heartfelt, whimsical, and romantic poems from Instagram poetry sensation, Atticus.

Atticus, has captured the hearts and minds of nearly 700k followers (including stars like Karlie Kloss, Emma Roberts, and Alicia Keys). In his s
Published September 4th 2018 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about The Dark Between Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dark Between Stars

Gabby
I was a huge fan of Atticus's first book Love Her Wild, I gave it 5 stars, but this collection of poetry was so disappointing. I liked maybe three poems in this entire collection and the rest were such basic, cliche-sounding crap.

Here are some of the "poems" I disliked:

"The prettiest eyes sparkle from the inside out."

"It's always safe to do noting when it rains."

"I've always loved lavender, it's purple in all the right places."

Like.... ok?? Also, this collection is divided into three small sect
Jenna
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
Just not feeling the love for this collection by Atticus. I think his first collection, Love Her Wild, was much better. Like those poems, these are mostly one sentence. There were a couple I really liked but most were merely OK. I also preferred the photography in the first book, though there are a few really stunning black and white photographs in this one as well. If you're a fan, I'd say to read this; otherwise, try "Love Her Wild" first.
Emma Scott
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
“The bravest thing she ever did was to stay alive each day.”
BookGypsy
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book of poetry! His ability to say so much in only a few words is amazing. Each poem sparks a thought, a memory and takes you on your own journey. I love that the book has photos with each poem. A wonderful book of words.
Angela Magic Art
This just made me feel so good. It was like my soul needed some poetry! I can't even explain what I'm feeling right now. I just curled up on my bed, with some Fall Celtic music on in the background, and my cat sleeping next to me, and read this entire beauty in one sitting! It just reminded me about the magic of the world, and how little things are fantastic and dreamy. The photography throughout this book is also amazing, and so perfectly aesthetic. My favorite parts were the "Stars" and the "D ...more
lucie
Oct 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018, in-english
I am disappointed. I liked maybe three or four 'poems', the rest felt pretentious and cliché. I've expected more.
Nadia Awadi
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
He fell in love
Then fell out of it
I'm still single
Wondering:
"Why have I read this?"

That's me being poetic. This book is about Luuuuurve with cool pictures and some nudes here and there. Yeah. That's it. And honestly, don't recommend it.
Priya
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I love you most in that place between coffee and sleep."

"I want to know every part of you,
every scar,
every bruise,
I want to trace the map of you,
my fingers a compass,
your freckles the constellations
which in my heart I will chart
so when I close my eyes
I’ll have you in my stars forever."

The cover is just gorgeous, writing is simple yet phenomenal. The poems will just leave you mesmerized.
Katharina | katharia
Ich lieeeeeeebe seine Gedichte einfach.
Rachael Beverly
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-read, poetry
I’m probably going to be in the minority here but here goes… 3.5 overhyped stars rounded down to 3.

She was that
wild thing I loved
my dark between stars

I absolutely loved Love Her Wild, Atticus’s first book. The poems were separated into sections (Love, Her, and Wild) and the poems were placed accordingly. Atticus attempted a similar set up for The Dark Between Stars with varying degrees of success. He started backward with Stars and ended with Dark, which was an interesting choice. In the book’s
Azbaqiyah
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Writing Style - 4/5
Cover - 5/5
Illistration Art - 5/5

Overall Rating - 4.7 / 5
Kim
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I enjoyed the first book more and I felt like this seemed more about telling people who are in a bad place mentally that they aren’t lost causes or something, some sort of self help poetry maybe?
Bobbie
Sep 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
When will it end? Absolutely trash poetry.
Yana
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, owned-ebook
It is so easy to forget
we are the same as all the others
in thinking that we are different.

Atticus has always been one of the Instagram/Tumblr-y poets I've seen around, and I'm happy to have gotten a hold of his second book, after reading Love Her Wild. Although, I found I enjoyed the latter more than I did this.

The photographs are beautiful, but it nearly felt all the same as Love Her Wild, and within its own pages, therefore it became a bit tiresome. Plus, no one warned me about the couple nu
Erika
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites, poetry
Atticus has done it again! What a powerful book full of so many different feelings all at once. There’s always one poem in particular that will stick out as the ultimate poem and changes your life for the better.
Igraine
Nov 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Cliche, trite, a waste of money. I honestly don't understand the praise.

I'd consider this more quotes than poetry. I feel a lot of the imagery and themes could've been expanded into longer works of greater depth. As is, his 'poetry' offers nothing novel or interesting.

I also find his taking on the voice of an old man, old woman, little boy, and little girl, very odd and pretentious. As though that would give an air of wisdom to otherwise lackluster statements.

In addition, he uses a lot of "she
Shayla Raquel
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perhaps one of the most important things that poetry can offer us is pure, unbridled honesty. Atticus, known for keeping his identity a secret, has always told the truth in each poem he writes. Thanks to Instagram, Atticus's success with his poetry has provided a path for more poets to shine bright.

The Dark Between Stars takes the reader on a journey of a blossoming relationship, the ups and downs of committing to one another, and finding oneself wrapped in loneliness once more. Similar to Atti
Anali
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it

“We will never get back the life
we waste
trying to be normal.”

The Dark Between Stars es la primera obra que leo de Atticus. En realidad, tenia curiosidad porque me había encontrado con sus pequeños poemas en Tumblr o en Instagram y me parecían un poco interesantes. Sin embargo, esta novela no me ha parecido tan cautivadora.

No me gusta comparar autores, pero este año he leído otros libros de poesía (Kaur, Lovelace, Leav) y creo que han sido obras un poco más estructuradas. No es que el libr
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sept-2018
MY RATING: 4/5 STARS

I received an ARC from Simon Schuster Canada in exchange for a honest review.

I was sent this book unsolicited and honestly, if I never got it from the publisher, I probably would have never picked up the book and potentially lose all the beautiful quotes/poetry I've since collected since I read it. I'm not a fan of poetry. I don't hate it but I'm also not the type to lean towards it when I have a spare hour to read whatever I want. Let's just say that I have a trouble under
Smurfette
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
What a beautiful book filled with beautiful words and beautiful photographs!
Having read it in one go it feels like I had just finished reading a love story - complete with highs and lows and it is strange to think back to the poems in the beginning of the book, since they conveyed such a different atmosphere in comparison to the ones at the end.

The book as a whole feels like one big confession of love - to Paris, to Her, to the stars and the universe, to oneself, to poetry, and to love itself.
Vendea
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, read-in-english, meh
Wow, Atticus to z 0.5* u Love Her Wild vytáhl na 1.5*! Ne, že by se ale nějak zlepšil... Tu hvězdičku a půl má za to, že se v téhle sbírce "básní" našly hned tři básničky, které se mi líbily. Zbytek? Měl by zůstat na Instagramu. Přišlo mi, že tu je ještě víc fotografií než minule - třičtvrtina knížky jsou tedy jen fotky. Ne, že by to nebylo hezké, ale přeci jen... jsem tu kvůli obsahu, ne fotkám. Obsah? Ne. Opět jsem našla několik básní, které jako by byly obšhlehnuté z motivačních citátů, s poz ...more
Marky
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chápu, proč se to lidem nelíbí.
Zvlášť v knižní podobě.
Ale já tuhle poezii miluju, oukej?
Tak mi to neberte, prosím.
5/5*

// Článek na blogu: https://marky-books.blogspot.com/2018...
Sarah Loggia
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this compilation of poems! Short and sweet, but very meaningful. The concept is amazing and super relatable. I also loved the addition of the images to accompany the poems. Such a beautiful touch! I 100% recommend!
David
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Excellent free verse poetry.
marija.reads
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it

Das zweite Buch habe ich direkt im Anschluss an das erste Buch von Atticus Poetry - Love. Her. Wild. - gelesen.
Auch wenn es bereits das zweite Poesie-Buch für mich war, hat sich im Vergleich zum ersten Buch nicht viel bei mir geändert. In dieser zweiten Sammlung gab es mehr Gedichte, die mich nicht mitreißen konnten und mich eher kalt ließen. Sein Schreibstil ist und bleibt gut, aber inhaltlich haben mich nicht allzu viele Gedichte überzeugen können. Es lässt sich wie das erste Buch flüssig und
Hizatul Akmah

make you
live forever.

Kate
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this collection of poetry. It reminded me of some of the works by Rupi Kaur.
Joanna (wordsrmyweapon)
Good not great. It was super short I read it in one sitting. There wasn’t a lot the really spoke to me I feel like it was a lot of the same thing I read in every contemporary poetry book
Carolineandherbook
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, poetry
Rozhodně lepší jak předchozí sbírka. Cítila jsem z ní více emocí a mám v ní více lepíků. Takhle by měla vypadat moderní poezie
HODNOCENÍ: 85% || 4⭐/5⭐

• A Love Letter from the Girls Who Feel Everything
  • Sea of Strangers
“I love you most in that place between coffee and sleep.” 10 likes
“You weren’t given wings
to see the world from a tree.”
5 likes