Start by marking “Shortcake Cake, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Shortcake Cake, Vol. 2

Shortcake Cake, Vol. 2

(Shortcake Cake #2)

An unflappable girl and a cast of lovable male roommates at a boardinghouse create bonds of friendship and romance.

When Ten moves out of her parents’ home in the mountains to live in a boardinghouse, she finds herself becoming fast friends with her male roommates. But can love and romance be far behind?

Ten has moved into a boardinghouse with other high school students to a
Published November 6th 2018 by VIZ Media LLC (first published May 25th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Shortcake Cake, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shortcake Cake, Vol. 2

Lauren
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhh, this is everything I need right now - fluffiness, silliness, cutness and tonnes of humour! <3

RTC
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more manga and graphic novel reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

Ten Serizawa has a two-hour commute through the mountains to high school every day, so she can’t spend much time hanging out with her friends in the afternoon. She decides to move into the local boardinghouse, where one of her friends and three other boys are living. Ten’s friends consider her to be as oblivious as a rock when it comes to noticing boys and falling in love, but will she be able to keep her calm and steady
KristynRene The Hype Queen of Books
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, owned
3.75/5 Stars

This one was a bit confusing for me. When there are three different POV narratives going on in a manga, they don’t specify who is thinking what, which leads to confusion. And that ending was confusion incarnate. It put me off a little bit.

I still love the heck out of this story because Chiaki and Riku are fantastic creatures. I wish we had more school scenes because I’m garbage for those, and the angst is dripping from these pages in the most satisfying way. So glad I don’t have thi
Rod Brown
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Fine for what it is -- a juvenile soap opera -- but lacking in originality and that certain spark that that makes you want to come back for more. (Unless you have the next volume on the hand from the library already and time to spare.)
Ruthsic
In this second volume, the focus shifts quickly to the love triangle being developed with Ten, Chiaki, and Riku. At the end of the last volume, Ten comes right out and asks Riku whether he likes her, to which he sincerely replies yes. This makes Ten contemplate the whole thing about romance and she is confused on how to act around him now that she rejected him. However, while they are still getting back to their normal, the arrogant kid Rei who had bit Riku on their outing comes to her and asks ...more
Sionna
These characters are adorable. While there is still more focus on the male characters personality, I am still holding out hope that the other girls will get their turn eventually. Ten is awesome though! I love how nice and considerate she is and protective of her friends. It is nice to see a female character defend a male one. Like, so blown away by this??

This series is a romance one, but in a way where so far only the romance and scenes building the romance are mentioned. I'm hoping we will ge
JW
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, that was a lot of confessions in one volume. I guess the author didn’t want to waste time with a slow burn and so all the cards are out on the table.

The volume wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t exactly very good either. Most of the characters feel flat to me, and although the author has made the triangle painstakingly obvious, I don’t feel a draw to either guy. I’m not rooting for anyone, which is weird for me.

This type of manga usually leaves me grinning like an idiot, but this one just left me
Jolien
Same as volume 1. Cute story, lovely simplistic art.
Nothing all that special though. However, I will probably still continue with the next volumes
Jae's Manga Reviews
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
Volume Review: 5/5

"Riku, do you like me?" and so starts the love.

I love Riku so this volume was great because it has lots of his perspective. But Chiaki is really growing on me as well. And the silly zashiki-warashi was weird in this one - I'm looking forward to knowing his story and what it has to do with Riku. I like how Ten said the flowers didn't do anything.

I'm rambling here but overall I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to read more of this series!
Natalie
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dare I say this is a new favorite shojo? I do. 😍
Jenny
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
So, I had mentioned in my review for volume one that I wasn't sure if I was going to continue the series or not. I had mentioned that the series wasn't anything new, the artwork was okay, and the characters were fine but nothing special. Despite all of that, I decided to go ahead and try the second volume, and I have to say, I'm glad that I did. Bare in mind, all of my previously mentioned thoughts remain unchanged, but this is still a good series to read. It's not anything special, but it's a n ...more
Sarina
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, manga
Band 1 hatte mich doch etwas skeptisch zurückgelassen, weshalb ich mir diesen Band auch erst jetzt gekauft habe. Aber ich wurde positiv überrascht...Mit Ten bin ich zwar immer noch nicht ganz warm geworden, dafür wächst mir Riku mehr und mehr ans Herz. Und wie ich bereits vermutet hatte, wurde was ihn betrifft, bereits ein kleines Geheimnis aufgedeckt. Ich bin gespannt, wann man diesbezüglich noch mehr Details erfahren wird. Chiaki finde ich auch immer noch toll, aber er ist so ruhig und etwas u ...more
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Volume two's pacing is a bit too fast, I'd say. It's constant confessions and drama and fake dating, and there's not enough time to really take in the emotional impact of any of it. That said, I continue to be curious about which direction this story will go in. Rei annoys me though tbh.
Unabridged Bibliophile
This is just sickeningly sweet. So cute.
Hisgirl85
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
jacobi
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
the writing is still bad but less so and the art still slaps
Skye (Skye's Scribblings)
2.5 Stars. A little better than volume 1, but still very odd. Might try volume 3 if I happen upon it on the library shelf, but... we'll see.
Jessica
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kristina
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-read
Another cute volume. I ship Ten and Chiaki even more now. Can't wait for the next one!
Kathleen
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it
It's a real sweet nothing of a series! Just romance and relationships, a delicate balance of being true to yourself and kind to others.
Angela
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
The premise for this series is fun and I like how the author made each character unique.
Derryn
The sass of the main character makes this manga! 😍😍

Read twice in 2019

This series just makes me smile .... just sat in my bedroom alone with a massive smile on my faces 😂😂🥰
Natalia Soldevila
MORISHITA Suu
Name (in native language): 森下suu

Blood type: A
Zodiac: Taurus

Mangaka duo: Story: Makiro (マキロ), Illustration: Nachiyan (なちやん)

Favourite food: chicken nanban

Assistant: Aizawa Yuki-mei

Shortcake Cake (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 1 (Shortcake Cake, #1)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 3 (Shortcake Cake, #3)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 4 (Shortcake Cake, #4)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 5 (Shortcake Cake, #5)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 6 (Shortcake Cake, #6)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 7 (Shortcake Cake, #7)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 8 (Shortcake Cake, #8)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 9 (Shortcake Cake, #9)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 10 (Shortcake Cake, #10)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 11 (Shortcake Cake, #11)