Start by marking “Wolves of Wisteria (Wisteria Witches Mysteries - City Hall, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolves of Wisteria (Wisteria Witches Mysteries - City Hall, #1)

Wolves of Wisteria

(Wisteria Witches #6)

Zinnia Riddle doesn't use her witch powers much these days. She works as a clerk at the Wisteria Permits Department, where there hasn't been much need for spells and potions... until now.

When a beloved coworker is found dead next to her desk, the whole office gets paranoid. Is one of them a killer? Did the victim leave behind clues in the book she was writing? Is there a
Published May 3rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Wolves of Wisteria, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolves of Wisteria

Start your review of Wolves of Wisteria (Wisteria Witches Mysteries - City Hall, #1)
Montzalee Wittmann
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wolves of Sister is by Angela Pepper and narrated by Rosemary Benson is an Audible book I requested and the review is voluntary. I love this series and the strange town of Wisteria! Witches, gnomes, shifters, ghosts, and brain eaters....what a town! Who wouldn't want to live there? Love the characters, great plot with twists, and plenty of clues that do nothing out confuse me more, lol. Love the interaction between characters, the dialogue, and trying to guess what will come next. Great series. ...more
Bon
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
DNF at 50%. By that point I was listlessly paging through and didn't care who murdered who.
Coco.V
Jul 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on iBooks today (7/15/2019)! ...more
Sandee
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a spin-off story from a series. I haven't read that series and still enjoyed this book very much. A middle-aged witch working in city hall where one of her coworkers is brutally killed. The story is full of discovery and frustration for the characters as they try to figure out why she was killed and who did it. Witches, shifters, humans and a variety of other characters fill out the cast of characters along with a myriad of powers and abilities.
Curly's  Ramblings
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook review: Audiobook review: Wolves of Wisteria is my kind of story. It has a “normalcy” bend with a touch of supernatural that makes the story feel real. The characters are unique, likable, & believable. The mystery was well written and the accompanying storylines had me wanting more! The narrator did a great job with providing unique voices for each character and appropriate tone inflections for each scene! I received a free copy of this audiobook at my request and have voluntarily ...more
Jean
Jul 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Not what I'm used to

I'm used to 1) the event happens. 2) the mystery being unraveled. 3) the mystery being solve. 4) the wrap up, with any explanations, and close.

This story continues on with what would seem to be the first few chapters of the next mystery. I've seen it done in other books as a separate and defined teaser. E.g., if you liked this story here's the first few chapters of the next ... And leave it up to the reader to decide.

Putting as the end of the first story makes it feel like
Marcy A. Vonderwell
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Three and one half

The story has potential, but jumps around, assumes the reader knows too much, and makes wide plot twists. Not a bad read, but not good enough to put on my re-read list.
Jessica Zimmer
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a solidly good book, earning every bit of three stars. Plus maybe a little more, I'll go with three-and-a-half.

As a big fan of the Zara Riddle books, and Wisteria in general, I'm always glad when I have another opportunity to re-enter the wonderful world Angela Pepper has created. And while I've never felt compelled to learn more about (Aunt) Zinnia, I'm glad I did. The book was an enjoyable read. Just the thing I needed to lift me out of a blue mood, and a streak of mediocre (to
Jim Marsh
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review.
This is the 6th book in the Wisteria Witch Mysteries by Angela Pepper and the first book about Zara’s aunt Zinnia.
The story takes place almost entirely before Zara and Zoey arrive in Wisteria. As such it has a different tone and cast than the first 5 books.
Zinnia is more responsible and less zany than Zara. She is more experienced with witchcraft so there is less joy of discovery and exploration of the world
Mel
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Enjoyable book

What would you do, going to work at the office for WPD and see that you beloved co-worker has been murdered.
A good mixture with supernatural creatures and dry humour. The storyline has a good plot with twist, strong character, very funny in some ways. Lots interactions between characters.
There are some weird actions like when Gavin searched the murdered body of Annette, with all the blood and no one said anything about it....only much later, who would do something like this, I
Dallass
Read before Wisteria Witches

I’m so glad that I read this just after Wisteria Witches because it is set just before Zara and Zoey move to Wisteria, and actually includes events prior to their arrival, filling in a few gaps.

Zinnia is a very tough, but likeable woman who seems to be mourning the death of Aiden(?) but ends up drawn into a murder investigation. I enjoyed Zinnia’s combative friendship with fellow witch, Margaret, and her frosty interactions with (fr)enemy, Charlize.

The hunt for the
Krystyna
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Being a witch can be dangerous for your health

A good start to a new spinoff series to the Wisteria Witches. Working in a mundane job is just what she needs. Even her magic is getting rusty from non use. However all that changes on the more that they discover the body of a colleague in their department. Who killed her and why? Shifters, magic, an unpublished manuscript and numerous supernatural beings abound in this great read. Okay I guessed the identity of the killer really early on but it was
Anima
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
Zara's Aunt Zinnia finally gets her own series. At first I thought this was a prequel, before Zara moved to Wisteria, but it became clear this was her own story. A captivating mystery of whodunit, witches, shifters and secret societies. The quirky characters lighten the serious mood as they deal with the fact their peer was murdered. Identities are uncovered, secrets revealed and friendships formed. I can't wait to continue with Zinnia and her supernatural office mates. Although Zinnia is from ...more
Claudia
I really love this story, the way it goes back and forth, giving us the information we need about all Zinnia's coworkers without lessening the intrigue. When I previously listen to 'Wisteria Witches', Wisteria seemed like a nice, old-fashioned town, but now we discover that there is a lot going on around here.

The mystery was fantastic, and I seriously couldn't discover who was the killer until it was unveiled by Zinnia.

But what I loved the most was getting not only Zinnia's POV on her niece's
Dora
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wolves of Wisteria

Zinnia Riddle is a witch living in Wisteria which is a town with a large number of supernatural as well as human residents. She works at the Wisteria Permits Dept. One morning she and a colleague find Annette, another colleague, dead on the floor looking like she had been mauled by wolves. Zinnia and the other witch in the office decide to help the police with their investigation. Zinnia is nearly killed by the murderer.

I enjoyed the book. It is a cozy, paranormal mystery.

Joan
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
And in the beginning....

Wisteria witch fans will already be familiar with many of the characters in this book. You do get some interesting background, however. I gave it 4 stars simply because no book is perfect. This one is certainly well written, and has an interesting plot. There were a couple of times when I could not quite figure out where it was going, however. The ending was not what I had expected, either. Still, fans of Angela Pepper and Wisteria Witches and those who enjoy paranormal
Jan
Zinnia Riddle is a witch in a town that has lots of magic but nobody admits to being supernatural. The suspense and excitement begins when Zinnia arrives at work only to find the mutilated body of her nonmagical coworker. Call in the local detective and crew! And the specialty department that exists to manage anything possibly magical. A great cast of characters, peppered with humor, and a real plot make this a great read.
It's also the first in a series that's a prequel to the Wisteria Witches
Stephanie Villere
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is Wolves Of Wisteria, book 1 of a brand new series by Angela Pepper. I’m so happy to be back in Wisteria! This time we are part of Zinnia Riddle’s life. This book takes place before the Witches of Wisteria and explains a lot of things that will happen later. Wisteria is such a wild and crazy place that would be so much fun to visit, but way too supernatural to live there! Join me in reading this great book and meet all of my friends in Wisteria! You will be so glad you did!
Heather
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A fun new perspective

A fun new perspective. Take a look into Aunt Zinnia's life and all the characters around her. Learn deeper and sometimes dark facts in and about the town of Wisteria and the colorful characters who call it home.

I enjoyed reading a story from Zinnia's point of view just as much as from Zara's. As always, I can't wait to continue reading these wonder and witchy mysteries.
Michelle Page
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book. I have read all the other wisteria books and LOVE them. I was a little disappointed at first that this was set before Zara got there. It was a bit slow going at first for me, however it picked up by a quarter of the way through and I really enjoyed Zinnias story. I finished it in good time and am looking forward to the next one. Such a fresh perspective and flip side to the stories!!!!
Ashly
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was a little confused about this one until I realized it was a prequel to the rest of the Wisteria Witches series. This one follows Aunt Zinnia shortly before Zara moved to town. It honestly never occurred to me that Zinnia should have her own books, but now that they are here, I'm glad they are. Zinnia is an interesting character who's story has barely been touched in the main series, and this is a good start to getting her story out there. I'm looking forward to the next in the series.
Victoria Haugen
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story loaded with fun, antics and entertainment. Really nicely done, great writing and great narration. Loved it!
I highly recommend this author and narrator, they did an excellent job.

Characters are relatable, likable and always getting into something. Makes for a very fun listen, I really enjoyed it :)
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Stephanie Butenhof
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love the Wisteria Witches...

...and all the town's other magical creatures or lack thereof. I'm glad for more stories from Wisteria, and especially happy to feel the spunk coming back. At least one of the last books I read in the series fell a little flat, and I missed Zara's zesty (gotta get some good 'z' words in here) attitude. It looks like her aunt Zinnia found some that she let go, and I'm glad for it!
Teri Stich
Fun entertaining read, filled with witches, gorgons, and other such characters. Would probably have been better had I read her other series first as this referred to people and happenings that occurred prior. I do so dislike when witches are the main characters and yet they are referred to by themselves and others as demon spawned. Can we move away from that please. Extra fun as started it on Halloween!
Good read for those liking cozy mysteries, featuring paranormal lightness.
Sharni
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
I started this not realising that while it’s the first book in its sequence, it’s part of a larger series so I found parts of it quite disjointed as clearly the characters had more backstory than I was privy to. Parts of this book were quite funny, I enjoyed a scene early on where Zinnia is almost smothered by her bed when she accidentally inverts a spell that was meant to help her get out of bed but overall the plot meandered and was quite disjointed.
Mary Lou Hoffman
WOLVES OF WISTERIA is the first book in the Wisteria Witches, City Hall series.

I read (and loved) WISTERIA WITCHES; so, I was excited to find out more about (Aunt) Zinnia. This story begins a bit before Wisteria Witches, but can be read either before or after, as there is some overlap by the end.

I LOVED this paranormal cozy mystery from Zinnia’s point of view. She’s snarky, fun, and just a little jaded by life. She’s also still living it! The plot is entertaining and intelligently written.

Her
Aileen  (Ailz) Grist
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed ths book. It is before the other Wisteria Witches mysteries, and leads into the first one - Wisteria Witches.

It's good fun, as all these are. There is certainly more going on in Wisteria than in most small towns - at least I hope so!

If you enjoyed the Wisteria Witches series this is just as good - if you haven't read them yet - start here
Toria Bedell
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the start of Zinnia Riddles series. Zinnia is faced with her magic not working properly because she has been using it. One morning as she was preparing for work she has a vision about a coworker being killed, upon arrival to work her vision was true. Annette is found in the office murdered and now she has to find out what happened.
Annette Cousins
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great quirky read

Absolutely loved it. Zinnia is such a wonderful quirky character. In fact they all are. Makes you smile, laugh and even feel sad in some parts. But when Zinnia and Margaret get together you have to laugh at there antics. So many twist and turns, it keeps you guessing right to the end. Looking forward to more of the witches
Charlotte Elizabeth Rasmussen
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charming sweet and Hysterical

I cannot wait to see what happens next. This was a random download and I ended up loving every second of it. If you adore witches mysteries and other paranormal events - this is the book for you. Can't wait to read more of Angela Peppers works in the future
« previous 1 3 next »

• Cupcakes, Bats, and Scaredy Cats (An Annie Graceland Cozy Mystery Book 6)
  • Witchnapped in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau, #1)
  • Paramour Bay Mysteries Books 1-3 (Paramour Bay Mysteries Boxset Book 1)
  • Murder in Cherry Hills (Cozy Cat Caper Mystery, #1)
  • Cozy Halloween Cozy Mystery Boxed Set
  • Murder Above the Fold (Elder Witch Cozy Mystery #1)
  • That Old Witch! (The Coffee Coven's Capers #1)
  • Breezy Friends and Bodies (Raina Sun Mystery #3)
  • Summer Magic (Thorne Witches, #1)
  • Witchin' Impossible (Witchin' Impossible #1)
  • Broomsticks and Burials (Magic & Mystery, #1)
  • The Vampire's Last Dance (Witch Island Brides Book 1)
  • The Housewife Assassin's Killer 2-Book Set (The Housewife Assassin Series)
  • An Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy Collection - ABC
  • September Fair (Murder-by-Month Mystery #5)
  • Then There Were Nun (Nun of Your Business Mysteries, #1)
  • A Set of Sisters: A We Sisters Three Box Set (Books 1-3)
  • Books and Brews (Back Room Bookstore #1)
Angela Pepper lives with her family in the rainy Pacific Northwest, surrounded by spoiled kitties, deer, raccoons, and the biggest woodpeckers you've ever seen.

Wisteria Witches (10 books)
  • Wisteria Witches (Wisteria Witches, #1)
  • Wicked Wisteria (Wisteria Witches, #2)
  • Wisteria Wonders (Wisteria Witches, #3)
  • Watchful Wisteria (Wisteria Witches, #4)
  • Wisteria Wyverns (Wisteria Witches, #5)
  • Wisteria Wrinkle (Wisteria Witches Mysteries - City Hall, #2)
  • Wardens of Wisteria (Wisteria Witches Mysteries - Daybreak, #1)
  • Wisteria Warned (Wisteria Witches Mysteries - Daybreak #2)
  • Wishful Wisteria (Wisteria Witches Mysteries - Daybreak #3)