Start by marking “Liv (Signature Sweethearts #1)” as Want to Read:
Liv (Signature Sweethearts #1)

Liv

(Signature Sweethearts #1)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  1,108 Ratings  ·  236 Reviews
Liv had her life all figured out until it was shattered by the loss of her husband. He left her a piece of him she hadn’t planned on. How can she pick up the pieces when she doesn’t know how?

Liv:

I never imagined my life would end up this way. I thought I had everything figured out until I got the call my husband was killed in a car accident and that my period was late.

D
Published April 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Liv, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liv

Kelly
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
I almost DNF’d this book. So Luke has a girlfriend when inviting the love of his life, Liv, who has a conveniently dead husband and a less than convenient baby of board, to live with him. Ok fine. Liv married his former best friend Adam and Luke had to move on and he should have. But when he knows that he’s still in love with her and making plans to “be there forever” for the baby? It’s time to break up. You know what it’s *not* time for? Sleepovers at the girlfriends house. You know what it’s R ...more
Heidi Lynn
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First, I want to thank Kelsie Rae for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Kelsie Rae’s Liv novel as a first-time Indie Writer picked a genius of a storyline to for her debut novel. This book will capture your emotions, shock you to the core, have you in tears, and wanting to jump in the book and hug Live by the end of chapter 1! How the author got through writing those scenes I have no clue. However, I give her credit for writing them and for the character living them.

The
♥️Fantasy Land Blog Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Loved💓💓 this story

Kelsie is a new author, but reading this story you would never know. She brings a tragic story to life and at the end brings the heart and soul out to all the characters.

Liv loses the love of her life. And the day she is to go put him in the ground she finds out she is pregnant. Now she has to figure out what she is going to do. Adam was her whole life. So when Luke shows up to Adams funeral Liv leans on him for support.

Luke was Adam and Liv's best friend all through high sc
Brianne
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kelsie Rae just became one of my new favoruite authors, ever! I absolutely fell in love with Liv and Luke and couldn't put the book down. I started Liv at 6:00 am and was finished reading it by 8:00 am when I had to go to work - it was that good! You are instantly hooked from the very moment you open the book and read the first page, as Kelsei Rae writes a story that makes you want to re-read it over and over again. Rae is a fantastic writer that can capture her characters thoughts and feelings ...more
Liz
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I read the blurb Kelsie Rae’s debut novel, Liv, I knew I wanted to read it. I love books that are emotional and angst-filled, and Liv had it in spades.

Liv married her high school sweetheart. Her life could not be any more perfect. Then tragedy hits and she loses her husband. The last thing she expected was to find out she was pregnant on the day she says goodbye to her husband. Now her entire life is turned upside down.

Luke, Liv and Adam were best friends in high school. But Luke had a se
Shari Kay
Oct 01, 2018 marked it as not-for-me
too many 'pet peeves' for me
Angie
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg it was insta love for me and this book. Such a devastating and sweet book. Liv is a nice girl who has been dealt a crap hand at life.
Luke is absolutely amazing. Sexy, sweet and caring. What more could you want?
This is an amazing, highly addictive book. Once you open it, it will pull you in and keep you wanting the words to continue. This is a fantastic debut novel by the author. Looking forward to the second one to come. Absolutely a must read!
5/5 Stars
Lydia
Apr 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Really?

Dead spouse books are a hit or a miss for me. This, was a DEFINITE miss.

Liv grieved for her husband for like 2 minutes. At her husbands funeral she noticed how good Luke looked. Like WTH?? The love of your life just died and you are noticing how "good, really good" another man looks.

In the next few chapters she is getting jealous of Luke and his girlfriend. Wow

Next thing you know, Luke tells Liv that her husband (Adam) cheated on her. Hahaha some authors are funny. NOT REALLY

I HATE when
Samantha Manaseri
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
W.O.W.
I was lucky enough to read the story of Liv and Luke prior to it hitting Amazon. This book hits home to where you can actually visualize your hometown or that you're apart of the story and walking in the characters shoes. The chemistry between Liv and Luke is literally like a wildfire roaming through and it keeps building until the walls come tumbling down on you. This book is a rollarcoaster of emotions! (The good ones only, I promise!)

Kelsie has an explicit way of bringing the character
2OCC Reviews
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
This was super cute. I loved Liv and Luke. The connection between them was so strong, but it evolved at the perfect pace while being fast. Sometimes when reading a book you know that it’s going to give you all the warm and fuzzies and that’s what this book did. It didn’t have heavy drama and that’s something that o can appreciate. I was sad that there wasn’t really any steam but it fit the story perfectly. I can’t wait to see what this author writes next. She did great for her first book and I’m ...more
Ashley
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Liv made me cry throughout this novel because I was so invested in the characters and their story. Ashley @White Hot Reads

I am truly in love with Kelsie Rae's debut novel. Within the first chapter, I was in love with Liv strength and courage. She has dealt with a lot of tragedies and heartache with the loss of her parents and now her husband. There is one gift he left her with. Luke left his hometown because he was in love with the one women he could never have now with the loss of his childhood
April Symes
Kelsie Rae has just become my favorite new author with her first book “Liv”. This book is so good at capturing your emotions, everything from grief and tragedy to pain and anger to passion and happiness to love and 2nd chance forever after. You run the gamut of emotions plus tons more. The chemistry between Liv and Luke is super intense; you know that their feelings are the kind that just didn’t die from years before. Theirs is the best kind of 2nd chance romance reads, even with how they came b ...more
Jennifer Richey
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a heart shattering but beautiful story about a girl named liv that loses her husband than she finds out she’s pregnant but that’s not all their best friend Luke is back in town and she finds out secrets she didn’t know. Such a great book!
Isha Coleman
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
What a title. What a talent. What a story. Liv is one woman's quest to pick up the pieces of her shattered life and broken heart. Tragedy brings many emotions for Liv. The love of her life is gone and more stunning surprises await. A pregnancy and second chance at happiness. If she can move beyond the past and take a chance on the future. Ms. Rae lures readers into a world of heartbreaking loss, unexpected new beginnings and forgiveness in this realistic and emotional romance.
Tanya Vought
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow. Let me say.. I love this cover. It captivated me right from the start.

The inside of this book--- I was devastated, happy, smiling, grinning and everything in between!!!
Seriously- this book has it all!!!! I loved their banter so damn much!!!!

Your heart will hurt, be angry, sad, elated and so much more!!

And that ending.... sigh. I loved it.
You will have a total book boyfriend hangover.... sigh.... can I have him in real life?
shhh! Don't tell my hubby!!! LOL LOL

4.5 stars!!!
Lana-White Hot Reads
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Liv was an emotional, pull at your heart strings kind of read. Lana @White Hot Reads.

As a first time author, Kelsie Rae did a fantastic job with this book. You instantly fall in love with Liv and sympathize with her then you meet Luke and its like Whoa that boy is hot, awesome and so thoughtful. He'd do anything for the girl he's always loved and does. This was just the perfect book to cleanse my brain. I didn't want to put it down. I'm looking forward to her next book in this series.
Viper Spaulding
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow - what an amazing love story! Liv is beside herself with grief when her husband is killed in an accident, but she's absolutely shell-shocked when she discovers that she's pregnant. At the funeral, she reconnects with Luke, her best friend and her husband's best friend who inexplicably left right after high school. Luke knows he had to stay away from Adam and Liv for all their sakes, but seeing her five years later and knowing she has no one else to turn to leaves him with no option except to ...more
Sunny Shelly Reads
What a great debut novel!

The day Liv buries her husband and high school sweetheart, Adam, she also finds out that she is pregnant with their first child. Utterly alone with no idea what to do next, Liv blurts out the news to her one-time best friend, Luke, whom she hasn't seen in the five years since they all graduated high school.

Why? Because Luke has been in love with Liv for longer than she was dating Adam, and an argument between the two guys left Luke with no other choice than to leave town
Caro
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

An emotional read.

We meet Liv and Luke. She just lost her husband and found out she’s pregnant. She’s also now basically homeless and has no family. So, it’s a struck of luck that her former best friend offers her to stay with her until she figures out what to do.

Luke has been in love with Liv for years, but his best friend Adam beat him to gain Liv’s affections. He always thought he made a mistake by not really pursuing Liv, but she fell for Adam and they both seemed happy. So after H
Karen
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m not one to venture into unknown territory very often. I know what I like and I stick to what I know. On the odd occasion that I do adventure I’m usually a tad disappointed.

So that said along comes this book. Not only a brand new author to me but an actual brand new author to everyone. It was the blurb that had me all intrigued and eager to take the risk.

Liv is newly widowed and totally alone. No family. No where to live. Mother in law from hell. She’s in desperate need of a white knight whe
Coco.V

Screwed Beyond Belief?: Double Check
Lena Dublin
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a Debut!

This was the first release by Kelsie Rae and am I glad she decided to share her talent with us. Her writing pulls you in and doesn’t let go. It’s the kind of writing that makes you want to shoe away life just to get lost in the world she created.

Liv, Adam and Luke were the three amigos in high school. Liv was a transfer who Luke fell in love with at first sight but his best friend Adam beat him to the punch. One thing led to another and Luke left for college never to return while L
Everything Marie
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Liv is a great read. It's fast paced and the story is appealing.

After losing her husband Liv, finds out that she is pregnant. And her life changes. She doesn't have any family and her mother-in-law isn't very pleasant with her. Having no where to go, someone who hasn't been in her life comes back into it, Luke. Her and her husband best friend.

Luke has always loved Liv, even though she married his best friend. He went a way to college and wasn't really in their life much. But that all changes o
Andrea Britton
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Liv is a great read. It’s fast paced and the story is appealing.

After losing her husband Liv, finds out that she is pregnant. And her life changes. She doesn’t have any family and her mother-in-law isn’t very pleasant with her. Having no where to go, someone who hasn’t been in her life comes back into it, Luke. Her and her husband best friend.

Luke has always loved Liv, even though she married his best friend. He went a way to college and wasn’t really in their life much. But that all changes o
Susan
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

This book did not read as if it was by a debut author! Kelsie Rae did a wonderful job with writing Liv.

Liv's husband, Adam, had just passed away. She finds out she is pregnant the same day as the funeral. Without a job, her apartment lease up in a week, and no other family, she has no idea what she is going to do. In high school, Liv, Adam, and Luke had been inseparable, but lost touch when they graduated and Luke went away to college. He steps in to help Liv out.

Liv was a well-written
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 Ruby Red Lips Review

Okay...I finished this book a few days ago and it took me this long to figure out how I felt about it. To say I loved this book is an understatement. I loved everything about this book and more. Liv and Luke were always meant to be together, but sometimes things just don't work out that way. Liv was with Adam for five years. On the day she is set to bury the love of her life, she finds out she's pregnant. Luke is always there for Liv and now is just the right time.

I'm not
Sheila Schoenauer
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was sweet and simple. Nothing to crazy. There is one surprise to the story that you wouldn't see coming but, like I said, it was nothing crazy. Liv and Luke end up finding each other again after years of no contact. Luke was Liv's deceased husband's best friend throughout their childhood. He also became her best friend before he disappeared. He left because he was in love with Liv and didn't want to come between her and Adam (his best friend). Now circumstances hav ...more
Jenn
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 star debut...

The book is written in Liv and Luke's POV. The writing was intriguing and held my attention through a good portion of the book. Luke's sections mostly just consisted of summarizing how he felt through what previously happened, so that was a bit of a turn off. The story itself was a unique one and something that is hard to judge Liv's actions when I could not imagine being in her situation. I tried to keep that in mind as I read but still felt there should have been more emotion
Kelsie prides herself on writing straight from her own heart, which is how she fell into sweet contemporary romance. She's a sucker for a love story with all the feels. When she's not chasing words for her next book, you will probably find her reading or, more likely, playing with her "monsters".

She adores chocolate, photography, baking, chick flicks, and running. And now that she's actively pursu

Signature Sweethearts (5 books)
  • Luke (Signature Sweethearts #1.5)
  • Breezy (Signature Sweethearts #2)
  • Jude (Signature Sweethearts #3)
  • Rhett (Signature Sweethearts #4)