Start by marking “Dearest Ivie (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15.5)” as Want to Read:
Dearest Ivie (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15.5)

Dearest Ivie

(Black Dagger Brotherhood #15.5)

In an exclusive ebook novella set in the world of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1 New York Times bestselling author J. R. Ward tells the story of a fiery couple . . . doomed by an undeniable passion.

Features a special preview of J. R. Ward’s upcoming Black Dagger Brotherhood novel, The Thief!

The last place Ivie expects to be approached by a devastatingly handsome male
Published March 13th 2018 by Ballantine

To ask other readers questions about Dearest Ivie, please sign up.
Helen I love my eReader! It’s the best thing ever.

I love my eReader! It’s the best thing ever.

The main obvious bonus is that I can take 1000’s of books with me wherever I go and all at a very tiny weight. It’s all touch screen, the screen is all backlit for easy reading at all times of the day & night, also the only button is on/off and it’s waterproof. The average eReader charge lasts for days (of constant reading) and up to around a month of standby (mine’s longer).

Don’t get me wrong - I don’t think that you can’t beat the feeling of a book in your hands (esp one you’ve been really, REALLY WAITING to be released and read!!) - but it’s good to keep as an option, if for no reason other than most authors these days write novellas or shorts and post them on their website for free monthly.

I’ve discovered lots of new authors & series’ thanks to my eReader (it recommends similar type books at the end of reading a book) that I never would’ve even heard of, or most likely, even discovered.

I’ve got books that I buy only in paperback (usually my faourite series’) but alot of the time, I’ll have an ecopy also for my “main titles”.(less)
Karen
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Sophia Triad
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Silas…”
“Please don’t forget me…”
“I promise,” she breathed. “I will never, ever forget you.”
When he didn’t respond, Ivie took his palm and placed it over her heart. “Here. You will be here.”
“I’ll try to come back to you,” he mumbled. “In your dreams…I’ll come find you…in your dreams…love…you…dearest…Ivie…”

And this is the point that I am crying ugly tears thinking ‘No, please no, not another Selena story”

This short story was such a gift!
If you a diehard fan of the BDB universe and you basica
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 OMG The feels Stars

Dearest Ivie was soo good and really emotional. J.R. Ward did it again she made me flippin cry. I was really scared it was going to be another "The Shadows" on me. I don't think I could have handled it if (view spoiler) But the Warden pulled it off! She wrote a beautiful insta-love novella that took me on a major ride that felt longer than 145 pages. I hope we see more of Ivie and Silas. Also I have not liked Havers since he treated his siste
Jilly
Like most couples who meet at a bar, this couple is magic. And, bound to stay together forever. Okay, I admit it, I picked up met my hubs at a bar. We've been together for almost 30 years now, so I'm assuming that all meet-cute bar things are magic.

Not that kind of magical! Although.... how much recover time is between these two times? just wondering...

Ivie and Silas meet at a bar and fall in love almost immediately. Yeah, insta-love, but that's what we get in novellas. It didn't matter, though,
Melanie
12.) The King ★★★★★
13.) The Shadows ★★★★★
14.) The Beast ★★★★
15.) The Chosen ★★★★

“I don’t have time to waste. And instead of finding out what things look like, I want to know what they feel like.”

Dearest Ivie is a short story set in the Black Dagger
Kat Valentine
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DAMN YOU JR WARD!!! Another great read that has me invested into more characters in your world of the black dagger brotherhood!!! Ivie and silas are pure magic together and even the secondary characters are just as interesting and have me already wondering about their stories!!! This book made me laugh and cry and had me pumping my fist in victory.And the hero of this tale is one of my fave characters of the black dagger series,and I'm glad that he had his moment to shine! I can't get enough of ...more
warhawke
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Type: Standalone Novella (Book 15.5 from Black Dagger Brotherhood series)
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Ivie Hannaford never thought a night out with her cousin would end up with her meeting someone when she was wasn't even looking. But the attractions to the refined aristocrat Montasilas (Silas) son of Mordachy was too strong to deny. Unfortunately soon enough she found out their budding romance was going to be cut short. She must decide if Silas was worth the risks.

Until
Jen
A short novella that is sweet, heartwarming and heartbreaking all at the same time! This was a treat to get a glimpse into our favourite vampire series!!! I’m very eager for the next instalment of the BDB ! JR Ward is a genius when it comes to this world that she has created. The only complaint I have with this novella is that it was too short!!!
Karla
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

Omg this was so good and what a breath of fresh air it was! I mean here I was thinking that I was skipping “The Chosen” since I haven’t put on my big girl pants and read the book. Anyway I was prepared to miss events from the “chosen” just to read this novella but I was glad to see that even though the MC are not part of the BDB they are part of the glymera. So anyway, the feels with this story ah! From moment I read the first chapter I knew I was going to love it.

“Dearest Ivie” l sta
CC
4.5 Stars!

Silas is a vampire from the old country who is quite proper but doesn’t adhere to any aristocratic snobbery. Upon laying eyes on a fiery woman, he decides it is time to pursue her before it’s too late.

Ivie works as a nurse at a healer’s clinic and speaks her mind no matter the consequences. When she meets Silas at a bar, she knows he is above her class yet she is curiou
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“Death can be a release and a relief for the person, and that is a blessing. The thing is, a lot of times, it is work to die. It requires physical and emotional effort. What sucks is that for most, particularly if they’re dying out of sequence, it’s a job they don’t want. It’s about loss of control, loss of function, loss of identity and independence…loss of choice and decision, of family and friends. But if you can let go of all that, what comes with it is freedom. A soaring freedom, the soul r ...more
P
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
RTC

Just wanted to try the first chapter but I finished the first half of the book in one hour.
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
4.5 Aristocrat Meets Commoner Stars!!

What a journey! This little novella packed a powerful emotional punch!! I can’t say too much without giving major plot spoilers, but, I will say I loved Silas, Ivie, and Ivie’s fun family, especially her overprotective commoner Vampire (Biker!) father. I loved Ivie, she’s a fun character. She’s a breath of fresh air, and she’s probably the funnest female vamp JRW has written to date! I wish it were a bit longer with a lengthier ending or a longer epilogue.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

“I thought you needed an oak of your own right now.”

Sooo, I'm not really sure what this novella has to do with the BDB. I guess The Warden just had a story to tell but to be fair, I'm not done reading The Thief so I'll hold off on any more assumptions.

Still, it's a sweet story about a young nurse, Ivie, and an older vampire, Silas. Their love story is very romantic...especially with them having to deal with their different social classes.

You can't help but fall for Silas with how well he
Bev
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I absolutely loved Dearest Ivie. Loved it! I must admit I was getting twitchy at the 60% mark, I was worried Ward was going to pull a Fanetti move but thankfully she didn't.

I loved both Ivie and Silas, Ivie is one of the best female characters I've read in the BDB world. She took no prisoners, has no filter and under all that is a total sweetheart. Also there was no manufactured drama or push and pull.

For a novella, this packed a wallop, I got all the feels .... including shedding a tear or
Penny
This book is not for me.

I couldn't enjoy this book DUE TO PERSONAL PREFERENCES only.

The first part of the book was fine. The second part however I couldn't stand.

Due to my personal life experiences, I found the topic of this story truly, TRULY dislikable.
Since I was young I have had a passionate aversion towards anything medically related. Already, I find that there is way too much talk of medical stuff in the Black Dagger Brotherhood books in general for my taste, but I ignore it because tho
Shari Kay
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
Okay...some background first.

I stopped reading BDB way back when Vishous got stuck with a ghost for a mate. If I ever considered picking the series back up...the urge swiftly passed as the direction Ward took in subsequent books was not one I wanted to follow. All that said, I DID love the first few. JRW writing style is 'easy' and I love hot, alpha male vampires. Who doesn't?? So when DI popped up on my newsfeed and the reviewers said it could be read as a standalone...

Ivie is a hoot. I liked
Jonetta
Originally featured on Blue Mood Café

I wasn’t sure what to expect with this novella as there’s only been one to date and it was very much connected to the Brotherhood (one of my favorites). I actually listened to The Thief before reading this one. It’s set in the world of the series but doesn’t involve the Brothers (brief appearances by Jane & Manny).

Ivie is a nurse working for Havers, the well known doctor to the vampire world. She’s at a cigar bar ruminating about the routine nature of he
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Dearest Ivie is a sweet, sometimes poignant love story about two people who, under normal circumstances, would never have met. But fhate has other ideas and steps in to bring them together ... just in time.
Kat
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-3
Short and sweet novella set in the BDB world. I enjoyed Silas and Ivie together, especially uncovering some of the mystery going on later in the book. It was nice to see some non-glymera vampires for a change. And I was very pleased (view spoiler)
Lo Bookfrantic
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: f-br, vampires
Reading next...will be F(BR) with War & CC! because one BDB in a week is not enough hahah

I'll be in the middle!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~
WOW!!!!!

"Of all the places I've gone and people I've known and things I've done...my love for you is the purest representation of who I am. It's the best of me, of who I am, of my soul.
My love for you...is everything of me"

-Silas

Now if this quote doesn't hit home just how AWESOME this story is, I don't know what else to tell you my friend. You are lost.

This is an incrediably heartbreakingly poignant read. Ms Ward made me proud with this one.
It broke my heart. Had me crying. ALOT and made me lau
Stacie
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 "Dearest Ivie" Stars!

Ms. Ward had my heart in my throat with this very captivating novella set in the BDB world. I think she likes keeping her readers on edge. It's cool. She's a master.
I dropped a couple silent tears. Could have been sadness; could have been rage. Either way, The Warden makes me feel her stories.

I adored both Silas and Ivie. I loved that he called her dearest Ivie. So very sweet and romantic. I loved that Ivie spoke her mind and that she was fiesty, smart, and strong. I liked
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I admit after the previous book The Chosen which I seemed to find equal parts infuriating and disappointing I am a little relieved to find that I adored Dearest Ivie. It harkened back to the bad old days of the Black Dagger Brotherhood where the romance was central and an addictive mixture of sexy and heart wrenching. I admit, I cried a few tears when reading this.

This was a beautiful romance set in the Black Dagger Brotherhood world and it will be interesting to see if Silas, Ivie or Silas' mi
AlwaysV
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a beautiful fantasy. Super gorgeous love story. I can read and keep rereading this kind of story all day all night all year round.
Princess under cover
4.5 stars.

This book is JR at her best. Really solid, likable, relatable H and h. The friend and family were wonderful. The storyline is clear and (unfortunately too predictable) with wonderful symmetry. It was a right fit for a novella given the plot.

I did find a couple of editing mistakes which I don't think should exist in such an established author's work, and this is a big pet peeve of mine.

It's 4.5 instead of 5 stars because I'm actually reading my other fav author's work at the same time a
Melissa ***BITCH, I'M READING!***
Very dramatic story line crammed into very few pages.. new characters. No character development.. couldn’t connect , made it difficult to care about the outcome of the story...
I’m not really sure why we need this book at all... I’m assuming it will tie into future books... otherwise it’s not relevant to the BDB series/storyline at all(up to this point in the series at least) ... other than the mention of Wrath’s name, none of the brothers make a cameo in this book.

It was just “meh” for me...

Th
Kimberly Carrington-Fox
2'5 estrellitas.
Un relato breve (que, por cierto, se vende a precio de caviar) que es bastante mñe salvo por los momentos WardTheFuck que ya esperamos en todos los libros y por un par de conexiones con personajes secundarios de la serie de la Hermandad (se puede querer un poquito más a Rhun? Sí, se puede).
Aportar, aporta poquísimo, para qué nos vamos a engañar.
Katie Reus
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novella gave me all the feels! There's so much emotion in a story this short. <3 <3
Debra Johnson
Dearest Ivie by J.R. Ward
Genres; Adult Paranormal Suspense Romance
4.95 Stars

Well, I just finished my 2nd read. Even knowing how everything ends in this story it still made me cry. I loved every minute of it. An absolutely amazing story.
And....
Thank you V for playing ReRead Tag with me. I am going to see if Starr wants to implement our new game into our GR group.

Negatives<
I found 3 typos.

Positives
So hard to find just the right words for how amazing this story is. How much it touched my heart.
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Lord, why did she make me cry!?!?! Why did the warden do this to me????
So good, so sweet, and so just like Ward.
  • Midnight Unbound (Midnight Breed, #14.6)
  • Lady Anne’s Lover
  • One With the Shadows (Companion, #5)
  • Break the Night
  • The Sister Swap
  • The Seduction of Samantha Kincade (Dangerous Men, #1)
  • Lucifer (Vampires in America, #11)
  • What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)
  • His Comfort and Joy (The Moorehouse Legacy, #2)  (Callie/Grace/Walker Brothers/Moorehouse series, #5)
  • Enslaved by the Viking (Viking Warriors #1)
  • Skin Heat (Skin, #3)
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
  • Ride Dirty (Raven Riders #3.5; 1001 Dark Nights #78)
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.

Black Dagger Brotherhood (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
  • Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
  • Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)
  • Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
  • Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9)
  • Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)
“You’re so beautiful.” “I’m still covered,” she moaned. “But it doesn’t matter what you look like.” He lifted his head and stared at her. “The details of size and shape don’t matter to me. The fact that it is you…that is what makes it beautiful to me.” 6 likes
“Do you like what you see?” he said in a quiet voice” 5 likes