Start by marking “Naughty Little Secret” as Want to Read:
Naughty Little Secret

Naughty Little Secret

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  2,493 Ratings  ·  150 Reviews
By night, he becomes a mysterious stranger devoted only to her pleasureand discovers shes hiding a naughty little secret. After divorcing her never-home husband, Lauren Southall plucked up her courage, dusted off her power suits, and returned to corporate life. Two years later, there's just one six-foot three, testosterone-packed problem: her ex-husband's good friend and h ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Naughty Little Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naughty Little Secret

Penny Watson
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sexy and emotional story, HOWEVER...

I usually let things slide, but that was so utterly ridiculous, even *I* h
Daisiemae
May 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who likes Best Friends who become Lovers Romantica
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Marion...Thanks girl!
I really liked this book. I love the best friends turn into lovers storyline. This book was so much fun to read. The determination that Noah has to win Lauren's heart and body was tremendously sexy!

Lauren is afraid of getting hurt. Burned by a bad marriage, she is afraid of her attraction and growing feelings for her boss and her ex-husband's best friend, Noah. Watching him go on countless dates with the next favor of the month makes her crazy. He is attracted to the cookie-cutter/model type wo
seton
Apr 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Bradley/Shayla Black sure can write HAWT sex scenes.

If this was more an appetizer, I could treat it as mindless smut and rate it 4stars, as I did with Shiloh Walker's Whipped Cream and Handcuffs which basically had the same premise: a secret admirer breaks in and has blindfolded/tied-up sex with the heroine.

However, at 212 pages this is more of an entree course and during the longer reading time, I couldnt help being squicked out that the heroine had no idea who was nailing her to the mattress
D.G.
HOT. DAMN!!! Naughty Little Secret was even hotter than I remembered.

This book hit all the right spots (and I mean that literally...the heroine's g-spot got quite a workout.) It also had all the things I like in a romance:
✔ Unrequited love (one of my FAVORITE tropes!!)
✔ Actual plot!
✔ Super steamy but the sex served a purpose

Yeah, the whole "having sex with a stranger" was pretty creeptastic but this was acknowledged in the book. And also, it was what made the sex hot. Bear with me please.

Noah f
Layeshia
This was a highly improbable premise. Someone breaks into my home... Ties me up... And literally f*cks me into submission. I don't call the police I eventually tell my sister. My sister said that I'm crazy probably because I am And I can't figure out he was done this to me. And oh yeah I'm in love with my boss. And it turns out that he is in love with me too. But you guessed it's a dirty little secret. Somehow someway this all worked out Very hot sex scenes. Been warned!! 5 stars two for story a ...more
Emily
May 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Two years after divorcing her non-exsistent husband, Lauren Sothall has fallen desperatly in lust with her boss and ex-husbands good friend Noah Reeves. Noah has a reputation of a love em and leave them type, and Lauren is far from a one night stand type of girl. Conflicted by her feelings for him, Lauren continues to fantasize about him until a seductive letter shows up on her desk.

Noah has been waiting ten years for Lauren, loving her the first moment he met her. Trying to push past the barrie
Mitabird
Feb 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good story. I loved Noah and Lauren; the attraction between them sizzled and the sex scenes were pretty hot. I liked how Noah thought outside the box to get Lauren to realize her feelings for him, though I understood Lauren’s reaction when she found out her Mr. Mysterious was the man she’s been pining over for years. At times, it was annoying how distrustful Lauren was due to her divorce, but I found it didn’t detract too much from the overall story. I couldn’t wait for them to ...more
Nadia
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to quote a review by reader Penny Watson that describes exactly how I felt with this book:

"It requires a HUGE amount of willing suspension of disbelief for the initial premise. If a stranger came into your house in the middle of the night, cuffed you to your bed and blindfolded you, I'm sorry to say that you would NOT wake up thinking "Oh goody! I haven't had sex in 2 years. Great opportunity for me." You would be screaming bloody murder and scared out of your wits."

Putting that asi
Angie
Jul 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, read-2011
I was going to give this 4 stars, but I had to knock one off because Lauren got on my nerves for way too many pages. "I want to believe he loves me. He says he loves me, but if he does X that means he doesn't love me, and if he doesn't do that same X it means he doesn't love me, but I love him and he says he loves me, but there's no way he loves me..." Seriously, just shut up and love the man! Other than that, this was a cute love story and hot sex! This was my first real experience with erotica ...more
Rosalie Stanton
Jan 25, 2011 rated it liked it
This was hardly the best book I've ever read, and it succeeded in making me supremely uncomfortable in a few areas. A stranger coming into your house to seduce you? Yeah, heebie-jeebies...though I did enjoy the characterization of Noah and Lauren, and while this was a book I could easily put down for days at a time, I was interested enough to see how the leading characters would come together. The sex scenes are explosive, but get a little redundant after a while. Overall, an entertaining read.
Elle
Aug 26, 2010 rated it liked it
I really liked the characters here. Not as people, necissarily, but their emotions were fairly real to me.

Sadly, this story was bogged down by the extensive hidden longing, and cat and mouse game. It just dragged on.

But the sex was good.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Shayla Black writing as Shelley Bradley.

This was actually a pretty good quick little trashy read. As most trashy little reads tend to go, there is a wounded and innocent female protagonist and the hot, playboy who is willing to take the time necessary to coax the innocence out of her.

This book has a twist that is fun and exciting for the characters and the reader. Lauren is the divorced mother of 2 children. Her husband was a bastard and never gave her any attention and did everything to push h
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(This was originally published in paperback in 2006. The kindle version has a new cover and has been re-edited).

Amy Jacobs
Jul 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
While I am a HUGE fan of Shelley Bradley/Shayla Black! She has a special talent when it comes to writing erotica's that leave you breathless, hot and panting for more. While I enjoyed this book, I don't see it as great as her other books. I loved the characters when it was just Noah and Lauren. When it was Lauren and Mr. Mysterious, it seemed more like a stalker doing bad things to a woman. I couldn't believe that Lauren found it exciting and sexy when Mr. Mysterious shows up at her apartment wh ...more
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This 2006 book has just been released as a kindle version (with new cover and re-edited).

Lauren has been lusting after her friend and boss Noah in the two years since her divorce. She feels he doesn't notice her even when she wears sexy clothes. Then someone leaves a sexy note on her chair at work and so begins her escapades with Mr Mysterious who is in fact Noah (this is no spoiler!). The story is very far fetched, unbelievable that she wouldn't know it was Noah. He uses his voice everytime he
Darcy
Feb 23, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really thought this book was going to be fun, but as I read I found myself getting turned off. I did like the secret way that Noah went after Lauren, but what made me stop reading was how Noah kept questioning the secret man that was pursuing Lauren and then using that knowledge to alter what he was doing as the secret man. I felt like it betrayed an implied trust between the two of them. In the end, this one just wasn't for me.
Kelly
Aug 22, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010-read, ebook
This was a fun, trashy read.

I just really get annoyed with "masked" hero/heroine's
I mean come on you see this man everyday you've been friends for over 10 years.....
but you don't know that it is him F***ing you????

But if you can forget that one little flaw it is a great erotica with a perfect HEA.

Hell Noah is HOT!!
Sassafrass
Dec 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z-2011, z-src-wi11-12
I thought that this was really sweet. I can't believe she didn't know who Mr. Mysterious was though. Definitely hot, I liked that the characters were a bit older. Very sweet HEA as well. :)
Robbie
May 28, 2017 marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Sophie
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
I usually really enjoy Shelley Bradley's work but I am sad to say that I really didn't enjoy this particular book as much as her others. The main reasons being that I just found the entire Mr Mysterious-suduction technique story completely ridiculous! Now, I am not a novice to reading romance novels and I realise that a lot of them aren't based in reality a lot of the time with the actions and reactions that go on, but this particular plot line was just ridiculous. I had in my head that the stor ...more
Michelle K
Aug 03, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010-read
Since this book is just over 200 pages, it is a really quick read.

I loved the entire fantasy that went along with the characters almost getting together. It was really hot and steamy. Really well written and it was a page turner. Very creative on the author's part.

The only reason I didn't give it a perfect rating because I found the reason for the characters not getting together quicker to be boring and really drawn out. I can get frustrated with some female characters and just wish that autho
Dalila (Dee)
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
For a story that's supposed to be romantic and all about two people who love each other but can't seem to find a way to show it, it's actually really creepy. What kind of man thinks breaking into a woman's house and handcuffing her to her bed is going to make her fall in love with him? Seriously?
It's a good thing you have the guy's perspective because otherwise the only thought in my head would be 'run away!'
Apart from that it was actually very light and even occasionally funny so that scenario
Michelle
Nov 21, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm a HUGE fan of Shelly Bradley/ Shayla Black, but I'm not sure of what I thought of the plot in this book. If a mysterious man in a ski mask was waiting for me in my home in the dark... Yeah, I don't think I'd get aroused at all! So the whole thing was a little unbelievable for me but I did have to keep reading to see how this all played out. It was never boring. Maybe a little too short. But overall I thought it was ok.
Tiffany Shaw
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Shelley Bradley book I've read and I am beyond glad I picked it up. I'm a huge Shayla Black fan and I've been saying forever that I was going to pick up one of her books. Noah and Lauren were an interesting read. I love how dedicated he was to winning her over and going to extreme lengths to prove how good they were together. Mr.Mysterious was beyond sexy and so creative. He definitely gave me ideas.. lol. I can't wait to read her other stand alone novels.
MissyGirl
Dec 02, 2015 added it
Shelves: borrowed-elg, dnf
dnf at 18%

I tried! I really wanted to like this one, but the "creepy" factor just threw me off too much. I guess this fantasy just isn't my kink. I also don't like it when books spend too much time in the character's head. The dual POV was definitely necessary in this book, as it did help me a bit to hear his thoughts, but it was just too much. I needed some dialogue already! Lol!
Elaine
Friends to lovers story. Took it down from 4 to 3 stars because of the mystery man sneaking into her bedroom part, doesn't set well w me, probably because of the kids. Still an enjoyable fantasy read.
Sid
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Noah waits 10 years for Lauren, even buy a house but Lauren finds it difficult to trust men after her divorce & it takes Noah to come up with a plan that will her over or will his big scheme push her even far apart?
Dorel
Jun 21, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st book I read by Shayla Black. This book's story line was slow & boring. Lauren got on my nerves in this story she was too desperate & she whined to much for me. I hope the next Shayla Black book I read is better than this one.
Amy
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved how the plot-line was a lot different than other romances I've read, and the female lead is a divorced mother of two. (I'm getting sick of all the romance novels that start with the female lead being a virgin.)
Gina (bibliobuff)
Apr 19, 2011 rated it liked it
A good, fun story, but completely unbelievable. I mean, how TSTL can you be, both to let a stranger break into your and have sex with you, and to not put two and two together and realize that it's your boss, who has been hinting for years that he's had a thing for you?
  • A Perfect Match
  • Erotic Research (Black and White Collection, #1)
  • The Hired Hand
  • Unwrapped
  • Her Wildest Dreams
  • Stud Muffin Wanted
  • Knotty Girl (A Midsummer's Night Steam)
  • Forbidden Fruit
  • Challenging Carter (The Strip, #3)
  • The Bikini Diaries
  • Night's Promise (Club Strigoi, #3)
  • Second Chances
  • Undercover Submission (Graceful #3)
  • Hot in Here
  • Too Tempting (Oh, Yum!)
  • Jane and the Sneaky Dom
Shayla Black is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than sixty novels. For nearly twenty years, she’s written contemporary, erotic, paranormal, and historical romances via traditional, independent, foreign, and audio publishers. Her books have sold millions of copies and been published in a dozen languages.

Raised an only child, Shayla occupied herself with lots of daydreami
More about Shayla Black

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)