Start by marking “Dangerous Prayers: 50 Powerful Prayers That Changed the World” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Prayers: 50 Powerful Prayers That Changed the World

Dangerous Prayers: 50 Powerful Prayers That Changed the World

World-changers. Rebels. Rejecters of the status quo. Throughout history, Christians were never meant to have a safe faith.

Learn from the brave ones who have gone before you with Dangerous Prayers, an inspiring collection of prayers from people who have changed the world. Exploring historical figures, cultural icons, political leaders, saints, and martyrs, this book offers
Published January 8th 2019 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Prayers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Prayers

Jamie
Feb 18, 2019 added it
Shelves: 2019
I love history and I love reading about those who came before us in the faith. Reading bits and pieces about these people is always encouraging because you see so clearly how God works. I love the idea behind this book. Sharing the dangerous prayers of those who have changed the world is inspiring in so many ways.

There is one thing I need to say though. As you know, if you’ve been around the blog for a minute or two, race and America are important topics to me. We can’t heal if we don’t acknowle
Raising
Dangerous Prayers - 50 Powerful Prayers That Changed the World is compiled by Susan Hill and the portrait illustrations are by Francesca Resta. Additional illustrations are by Isabella Grott and Julianne St. Clair, and it is published by Thomas Nelson.

Dangerous Prayers is a beautiful book that shares 50 prayers and information about Christians throughout history. It shares their birth year and death year (if applicable), two pages for what they were known for, and a personal prayer from that per
Melissa
Dangerous Prayers: 50 Powerful Prayers That Changed the World is a simple read for both adults and older children. It goes into a brief bio for each person and ends with a prayer from them. I like and dislike how short the bios are. They give you enough information that you get the gist but not enough to really sink into the person's life. It does help you not get bored, which would be good for younger readers. I also enjoyed the variety of people they chose. Here are a few that were in the book ...more
Bethany
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is an absolutely amazing book to have in ones collection, not only because it is such a fascinating read but the illustrations are also stunning, I really think they are frame worthy!
This book combines the very well know like Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr. and the more obscure like Dora Yu, Jarena Lee, etc but all have been carefully chosen for the rich impact they have made in the world for their devotion to God and doing His will.
One of my favorite things about this book is
Cassandra
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I received a complimentary copy.

Lots of faith based reading in this book which also includes famous people. While we will never be sure how many other prayers did not make it in the book, I was happy to read the ones that did and think that this would make a really nice read on off time or during a time when you need reflection.

Via Bella
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even though I wish the biographies were longer and there were more than one quote per each, overall this is a great coffee book that I enjoyed and has a huge range of people in it which wins major points in my book! Read the full review here: http://bit.ly/2HnVjit
Valerie Gonzales
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It has a short bio on each person then goes on to a prayer/hymn. The pictures are absolutely stunning. I also love reading about different Christians that I have never heard about. This book is a fast read so I see myself reading it again.
Lovely Loveday
Dangerous Prayers: 50 Powerful Prayers That Changed the World by Francesca Resta is an eye-opening look into some of the boldest prayers in history. More than a collection of prayers it is a tribute to men and women who influenced history. With each prayer, you get a 1-2 page biography of the person, a portrait of the person, and the prayer the person wrote and prayed. Dangerous Prayers makes for an interesting read!
Melissa
Madi
Apr 02, 2019
Regan Martin
Apr 05, 2019
Francesca is an Italian freelance illustrator that lives in a miniature flat in London. She is a fantasy and sci-fi reader and her love for illustration started with her love for books. Since her early teens, she is interested in book covers and she used to challenge herself to recognize the artist of those same covers.
She studied art and illustration wherever she could, from private painting less