Start by marking “A Vintage Christmas: A Collection of Classic Stories and Poems” as Want to Read:
A Vintage Christmas: A Collection of Classic Stories and Poems

A Vintage Christmas: A Collection of Classic Stories and Poems

Rich with candlelit memories of another time, these old-fashioned works from classic authors invite you to a feast of Christmas nostalgia.

Stories and poetry have been part of the Christmas season for generations, reminding us that the heart of the holiday never changes. A Vintage Christmas is a unique collection of lesser-known Christmas tales, reflections, and poems fr
Published October 9th 2018 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about A Vintage Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Vintage Christmas

Celeste
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Vintage Christmas is a charming and timeless collection of stories and poems from classic authors. It did a wonderful job of helping me get into the Christmas spirit during an incredibly busy and stressful year. While each segment of the collection was enjoyable, I did have favorites. I really enjoyed the stories from L. M. Montgomery and Louisa May Alcott, as well as the poetry of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and Anne Brontë. If you’re looking for something bite-sized and wholesome to remind yo ...more
Mary
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, classics
These are full of Christmas past and the way Christmas was before commercialization truly hit. Loved the stories, still not a fan of poetry, even Christmas poetry.
Leslie M.
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it

This is a delightful book, perfect for the Christmas season.

While I've heard of many of the authors included in this compilation, I haven't read any of the stories or poems before. The book, along with its contents, has an old-fashioned feel. Overall, it's a quick read, and I could see it being used to start a new tradition during the holidays. Each story reminds the reader or the joys of the season.

The following authors are included in this charming book: Louisa May Alcott, L. M. Mont
Kathryn
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, christmas
This is a lovely little book. It would make a sweet gift for someone. I adored the stories. The poetry I struggled a bit with as I am not as appreciative of poetry as I possibly should be. Still, a lovely book.
Andrew Lind
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Many of the stories in here are works by famous authors; however, they are not their best works. The poems are not to be missed, but a lot of the short stories you can pass on.
Meg
Dec 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Of course some stories I preferred over others, this was quite a cute Christmasy read!
Stephanie
A great collection of lesser known classic short stories and poems. I liked some better than others, but that's expected with anthologies.
Caryn Parks
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was heartwarming filled with stories and poems of the true meaning of Christmas. A must read during the Christmas holidays.
Amanda Rae
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved "Aunt Cyrilla's Basket" and "A Christmas Dinner" so much! And the other stories were quite charming. I also LOVED the poetry section!
Kaitlin
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun collection of Christmas stories and poems from long ago. I didn't get through all of them but I plan to dig this book out every Christmas to read snippets from.
Sashapecks
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Perfect collection for the festive period.
Marily