Start by marking “Who I Am with You (Legacy of Faith #1)” as Want to Read:
Who I Am with You (Legacy of Faith #1)

Who I Am with You

(Legacy of Faith #1)

For these two broken hearts, the first step toward love will be a huge leap of faith.

Jessica Mason isn’t looking for love when she meets Ridley Chesterfield. Instead she is still reeling from the tragic, unexpected loss of her husband and daughter—and awaiting the arrival of her unborn child. Harboring the secret of her husband’s betrayal, her pain is deeper than anyone k
Published December 11th 2018 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Who I Am with You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who I Am with You

Start your review of Who I Am with You (Legacy of Faith #1)
Deanne Patterson
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book 1 in the Legacy of Faith series. This is Jessica and Ridley's story but then again it's also Helen and Andrew's story. This story was so hard to put down once I started it, it's just that great! Jessica has suffered a devastating loss of her husband and daughter. Ridley, her new neighbor has moved in next door in the abandoned property. He is there dealing with a painful past as well. Neither are looking for friendship from each other or anything more. When they keep bumping into ea ...more
Jen. (JenGalaxy4 Christian Book Reviews)
I’ll start off by saying that Ridley Chesterfield has got to be the coolest name for a male lead, ever!

Who I Am With You was so warm and gentle, handling a difficult topic with grace. This story was so full of hope and comfort.

I can’t say enough good things about this book! It was sweet. Heartwarming. Heartbreaking. It was filled with grace. Forgiveness. Faith. Hope. Love.

God’s love.

This is the first book I’ve read by Robin Lee Hatcher and her writing is beautiful. I’m instantly a fan!

Who I A
Andrea Cox
FTC Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Read with Audra, NetGalley, and Thomas Nelson. A positive review was not required. These are my honest thoughts and opinions.

What an exquisite delivery of a delicate subject!

This is only my second Robin Lee Hatcher book, but she is quickly becoming a favorite. Her writing style is laid-back yet vulnerable. Her author voice is sweet and soothing. Yet it's the depth of this tale that struck my heart and has me wanting more. How long
Maureen Timerman
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to the second read in this series.
With a theme of forgiveness resounding through decades, we see how hurt people go through their daily lives, and wonder if they will be able to find the peace that God offers?
A priceless bible from an unknown great grandfather given to her with the knowledge that she will know when to pass it on. Can you imagine holding this book in your hands and reading his remarks and the verses he underlined, what a treasure.
Hannah

This story fully absorbed my attention and kept me flipping the pages all day long. It wasn’t hard to stay involved in the story even though it kept flipping back in each chapter to a section from Jessica’s great-grandfather in the Great Depression. The transitions were smooth and easy to follow, which is a big plus in a dual timeline story.

Ridley and Jessica are a fun couple, and it was a huge plus to me that they began as friends and neighbors before they got romantically interested i
Maddy
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, this book was adorable! I have been in a reading slump for months, but I think this book got me out of it. I absolutely loved this story and I found myself reading it every chance I got.

Who I am With You follows the life’s of Jessica and Ridley. Both are in a time of healing in their life’s and didn’t expect to make a friend along the way. Jessica has recently lost her husband and daughter, and Ridley is trying to get away from the false media headlines that are headlining his na
Madison
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who I Am With You is a charming and touching story of forgiveness and recovering from great loss. It’s about love and family and commitment and finding a beautiful connection with someone. Thoroughly enjoyable, it’s guaranteed to bring a tender smile to your face.

It has only been a few months since the tragic death of her daughter and husband, but Jessica’s family was falling apart long before that fateful car accident. Now a few months pregnant, Jessica has isolated herself from her friends, ru
Staci
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Legacy of Faith is the perfect name for this series.

In this dual time period novel, characters in both the contemporary thread and that of the 1930s depression are filled with faith in Christ and perseverance for a better life. Lemonade can come from lemons.

I enjoyed both story lines but was compelled by the current day account of Jessica and Ridley just a bit more. My favorite in the novel though was Andrew, a young man in the 1930s who was such a wonderful example of sacrificing for those we l
Sarah Grace Grzy
This was the first book by Robin Lee Hatcher that I have read, and it did not disappoint!

The two main characters, Ridley and Jessica, are both incredibly relatable and real characters, you can't help but empathize with their story. Within only a chapter or two, I quickly fell in love with them both. Overall, Hatcher writes a really sweet cast of characters, from Ridley's and Jessica's parents, to their friends, and even that villainous Selena. (view spoiler)

T
Sarita
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
The cute cover first drew me to the book. What made me pick it up (or download the audio in this case) was all the great reviews I saw on my goodreads page. This was my first book by Robin Lee Hatcher and after this book will not be the last.

This story is filled with hurt people on their path to healing. Both the contemporary plus the historical story was filled with real people dealing with real issues. Jessica and Ridley's story was a sweet one to witness and they both had a lot of hurt to hea
Rachael
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come..
Melanie
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Who I Am with You is the first book in the Legacy of Faith series. I found the plot for this book to be intriguing and unique. I loved the alternating timelines (current day and the 1930s). The characters went through so much and I didn't know how everything would end up.

The romance was different. She had just lost her husband and daughter, so it did feel a bit soon for a new romance (to me), but I understand why it happened the way it did and I enjoyed that part of the book.

All in all, Who I Am
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I loved this book from the first chapter. Hatcher can tell a love story that leaves you wanting more. I hated to see this one come to an end.

Jessica and Ridley's story is not to be missed and the forgiveness in this book was so refreshing. I was so excited to meet Hope too.

I cant wait for her next book next summer.

4 stars and I recommend it.

The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.
Cara Putman
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
She is a masterful writer of romance and has become a go-to author for me when I'm in the mood for a contemporary romance. Who I am With You is the first in a brand new series set in Idaho. From the first page you will feel transported into the characters' lives and be rooting for them to find hope and healing...and just maybe restoration and love. A great read!
Hallie Szott
The start to Robin Lee Hatcher’s new Legacy of Faith series, Who I Am With You captivates with a heartfelt story of brokenness and healing, connecting past and present through contemporary and historical characters.

The lives of Jessica Mason and Ridley Chesterfield have both been touched by scandal and loss. As the two deal with the ramifications of the past and learn how to move forward, they never expected to find each other. Still, their friendship (and then, romance, of course) grows, and th
Brittany
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! What a wonderful beginning to a fascinating series! I absolutely loved and devoured this novel!

Who I Am with You is a dual timeline novel and I can easily say that both the present and the past timelines equally captured my interest and kept me turning pages to find out what happened next.

The development of the love story between Ridley and Jessica was heartwarming. Both of these characters had trust issues because of betrayals they had recently endured. The circumstances were different
Denise Hershberger
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed getting to know Ridley and Jessica in this book. I especially liked the strong theme of forgiveness throughout this book. And while I'm not a fan of time slip novels, I enjoyed the contemporary part of this one enough to make up for it.

There is a lot of grief in this book. I felt especially for Jessica in this story because she'd lost so much and was grieving both in a physical loss, but also an emotional loss as well. I was really thrilled when she was able to start getting her
Dana Michael
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an inspirational story! I love the way the author used the tough subject of adultery and weave a beautiful story of forgiveness and hope. I feel this story can be used to minister to so many who are affected by such a betrayal. This book is a dual time line and I enjoyed both stories in each. The characters are lovable and the book was so easy to read. I really do love Hatcher's writing style. I look forward to the next book in the series.
I give this book 4.5 stars.
*I was given a copy of th
Joan Arning
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who I Am With You is a unique, touching story of forgiveness. I loved how Jessica and Ridley realized they had to forgive others before they could build a relationship. Robin Lee Hatcher shared with her readers how Jessica's great grandfather also had to give forgiveness and build a new relationship with God and with his wife. This book has two separate stories going on - one in the 1930s and one modern day. I recommend Who I Am With You to others. I received a complimentary copy of this book fr ...more
Rebecca
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
"And I'm still pretending we were happy at the end."

Isolating herself from family and friends after the untimely deaths of her husband and daughter, Hope Springs, Idaho artist Jessica Mason continues to grieve a past that wasn't as idyllic as it appeared to be. Now expecting the birth of her second child, and anticipating being a single mother, Jessica is surprised to find that the empty property next door has a new inhabitant; a man, who like herself, is seeking isolation.

Ridley Chesterfield h
Loraine
This novel contains a dual time both contemporary and historical. Jessica, a pregnant widow, is the main character in the contemporary time line; and Andrew, her grandfather, is the star of the historical period. Both characters are strong, realistic people while caught in the midst of major problems with their spouses. This is definitely a character driven story filled with pain, difficulty, and heartache for each of them. It shows tremendous growth in each of their characters as their faith gr ...more
Victoria Bylin
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I adored this story. Loved it from start to finish, and even teared up at the end. I don't usually do that, but this book was just so tender, so sweet, and so honest about spiritual struggles. Really loved it!

Highly recommended for readers of contemporary romance, Christian fiction, women's fiction, and any other kind of fiction about families, marriage, healing, and forgiveness.
Lilian
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, owned
oh my goodness, all the feels came rolling in for this book. <3 I absolutely enjoyed reading about all the characters, and although it was a bit difficult to relate to each of them, I easily connected and sympathized with them. Who I Am With You fully held my attention for its 320 pages- it had a dual timeline plot going on, so that's saying a lot.

I thought the characters were super sweet. Each of the struggles they dealt with were definitely different from the "normal" struggles protagonists d
Kav
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I might have exploded into a tilt-a-whirl of bookish euphoria when I discovered a sheltie heroine in this story. Don't worry, there's a human one as well, but bear with me for a moment. I've been owned by four shelties in my lifetime and I might be considered a bit sheltie-centric. I've often lamented the absence of my favourite breed in my fiction. Labs, poodles, terriers, mutts -- I've read 'em all but nary a sheltie until now! And that makes me ridiculously happy. :-)

And so does this story --
Gloria
This is a sweet dual time line story that covers two generations many years apart. Jessica Mason is dealing with losses-her husband and daughter were killed in a wreck a year ago and then her grandmother Frani died a few months ago. Shortly after her husband and daughter died, she found out that she is pregnant. In addition to mourning their death, unknown to anyone else, she is also living with the knowledge that her husband was angry with he left that morning. He had asked for a divorce and th ...more
Abigail Harris
Shh, I don't need to know it is late. RTC
Monica
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jessica Mason's husband and young daughter died in a tragic accident. She is grieving more than one loss and also facing life as a single mom with her unborn child. Ridley Chesterfield is hiding out in Hope Springs, Idaho, avoiding a political scandal and reeling from false media headlines that have hurt his good name. They are both hurting and hiding out when they discover they are neighbors. A sweet little stray dog brings them both together. . .but are they ready for a relationship?

Jessica's
Erin
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Mason's world was turned upside down in the span of a few weeks. First her husband told her he wanted a divorce, then he and their 6-year-old daughter died in a car accident. A positive pregnancy test only complicated matters. She never had a chance to tell anyone about her husband's unfaithfulness, and now it's a burden that grows heavier with each month that passes.

Trying to escape a political scandal for which he took the blame, Ridley Chesterfield finds himself nearly off the grid i
Melissa (LifeFullyBooked)
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful, heartfelt book!
I always enjoy Hatcher's books, because she has a way of creating characters that are both realistic and relatable, but also can teach subtle lessons about life and overcoming obstacles.
Jessica and Riley have trials in their backgrounds and their present lives, and the melding of these storylines with those of Jessica's great-great grandfather Andrew and his life during the Great Depression make for a richer and more meaningful evaluation of those trials.
This b
Dee/ bookworm
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
#WhoIAmWithYou #NetGalley

I thought this book was reminiscent of Nicholas Sparks book The Longest Ride. It has the two stories at once that span time and this one there is a connection between the two time periods that was absent in Sparks book. I did love both stories and thought the majority of the book was well written, however a few things were left to question. What happened to the family of the house that Ridley purchased? What happen to Kris? The last time she is mentioned is when Selene v
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Summer by the Tides
  • Driftwood Bay (Hope Harbor, #5)
  • On Magnolia Lane (Blue Ridge, #3)
  • The Memory House
  • Reason to Breathe (Chandler Sisters, #1)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)
  • Carolina Breeze (Bluebell Inn Romance, #2)
  • Moments We Forget (Thatcher Sisters #2)
  • Secrets at Cedar Cabin (Lavender Tides, #3)
  • Brunch at Bittersweet Café (Supper Club #2)
  • Code of Valor (Blue Justice, #3)
  • The Heart of a King (The Loves of King Solomon #1-4)
  • The Express Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #9)
  • Once Upon a Dickens Christmas: 3 Charming Christmas Tales Set in Victorian England
  • Courting Mr. Emerson
  • Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)
  • Convergence
Robin Lee Hatcher is the author of over 80 novels and novellas with over five million copies of her books in print. She is known for her heartwarming and emotionally charged stories of faith, courage, and love. Her numerous awards include the RITA® Award, Christy Award, Carol Award, HOLT Medallion, National Reader’s Choice Award, and the Faith, Hope & Love Reader’s Choice Award, and she is also th ...more

Legacy of Faith (3 books)
  • Cross My Heart (A Legacy of Faith #2)
  • How Sweet It Is (Legacy of Faith #3)