Start by marking “Catching Christmas” as Want to Read:
Catching Christmas

Catching Christmas

This Year, Christmas Comes Just in Time

As a first-year law associate, Sydney Batson knows she will be updating her resume by New Year’s if she loses her current court case. So when her grandmother gets inexplicably ill while she’s in court, Sydney arranges for a cab to get her to the clinic.

The last thing cab driver Finn Parrish wants is to be saddled with a whee
Published October 9th 2018 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Catching Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catching Christmas

Start your review of Catching Christmas
Kathleen
Wow...this had to be my favorite Christmas book that I have read for 2018! Highly recommend. 5+stars.
Melanie
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it

Catching Christmas was such a cute read! I've liked several of Terri Blackstock's suspense novels, so I was curious to see how enjoyable her first Christmas story would be...I was pleasantly surprised and really liked the book.

The characters were realistic and I liked the message of the book. The grandma was awesome and I loved how she played matchmaker for her granddaughter. The book did get a little emotional at times, but that made it believable.

The ending wa
Pamela
Christmas fiction is typically ultra light, and so full of sentimental fluff and serendipity that I rarely award more than three stars - with an occasional bump to four for good measure. Basically, it's all really chick-lit with a double espresso shot of romance and good cheer.

Terri Blackstock, however, has penned a true FIVE STAR gem. A gem that will surely be appealing to a wide readership across every boundary: age, gender, race, nationality, urban, rural, or as far away as the international
Staci
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
A lady with dementia in her eighties made this book. While Callie hasn't lost her ability to order others around, she has definitely lost her filter. I found myself laughing out loud at some of the things she said.

I didn't get a spark of romance between Finn and Sydney, but did enjoy the revelations they made about themselves and what is important in life.

Overall, a good Christmas novel.
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I devoured this book and was left wanting more. I laughed and cried I was blown away.

The best romance you will read this holiday season.

If you only buy one Christmas book this year, This is the one you will want to read and reread each year.

I gave this book 5 stars two times. I HIGHLY recommend this book.

The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.
Monica
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finn Parish is a cab driver. Miss Callie is a lady with dementia in a wheelchair. She calls for a cab one day and the adventures begin. Finn doesn't really want to be saddled with this old lady but she also reminds him of his mother.

It is Sydney Batson's first year as a law student. When her grandmother gets ill unexpectedly while she has to be in court, she reluctantly sends her in a cab to the clinic.

I don't want to give any spoilers so I will stop there.

I
Brittany
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this sweet, heart-tugging story, readers will examine what truly matters at Christmas. Woven with humor and told in the first person narrative, Catching Christmas follows the exploits of an elderly lady named Callie and her “driver”, Finn.

There is a light thread of romance in this story, yet it appears fairly late to the novel, so the focus of this book is really on the relationship that develops between Finn, who is the cab driver, and Callie, the elderly lady who is definitely e
Heather Barbour
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a sweet book! I loved all the characters and the plot was 👍🎄💚
Dana Michael
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Y'all! I knew Terri Blackstock was a master storyteller with suspense thrillers, but I had no idea that she could write romantic chic lit. This book had me literally laughing out loud. I was cracking up at Finn, the hero of this book. Then, I was crying real tears down my cheeks at the gymn walking on the treadmill. I couldn't help it. This book was an absolute delight to read. I could not put it down. This is an endearing Christmas story with the message of Jesus with a HEA. This story will tic ...more
Rebekah Morris
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas
The synopsis sounded interesting. However, I wasn't impressed.
1.) It was written in first person present tense. From two different perspectives. Yeah, Finn and Sidney both had chapters "written by them" and since it was present tense, it was a little difficult to feel any connection to them.
2.) It was sad and somewhat depressing to read. Not what I really want when I pick up a Christmas book.
3.) The Christianity, besides being vague and not biblical, was stuck in there in an od
Kav
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spectacular Christmas novel and so unlike anything else I've read by Terri Blackstock! I enjoyed the huge surprise that is this story because it's kind of what I anticipated and totally not! And it's the totally not part that I really want to talk about but I can't because that would mean posting spoilers galore which is not cool. Gah! Such a reviewer dilemma! Let's just say that Catching Christmas impacted me in ways I wasn't expecting. Really brought the meaning of the holiday home along with ...more
Emilee
This is a delightful Christmas novella with a lovely message about God's goodness and love!
Gloria
This is a sweet story that grabs from the beginning and involves lots of emotions. The star of the story is Callie, an eighty year old grandmother with health and memory issues. Her only living relative is her granddaughter, Sidney, a first year law associate, working under pressure from the partners on a case. Sidney takes care of her grandmother, getting her fed and dressed each morning and night but has to work during the day. When her court case keeps her from taking Callie to the doctor, sh ...more
Loraine
What a wonderful way to start my Christmas binge reading. This book will carry you through every emotion you can imagine. This book will grab you by the heart and keep you there until the very end.
The three main characters were each incredible in their own way. Miss Callie is 80 years old and suffering from ill health and early dementia. Feisty, caring, and a strong Christian, she tells it like it is. Finn Parrish is an ex-haute cuisine chef now working as a cab driver whose life becomes entwi
Suzie Waltner
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I first learned Terri Blackstock was releasing a Christmas story (one that’s not a romantic suspense which she’s so well-known for), I was intrigued. And oh boy, are you in for a treat!
Blackstock takes readers through a gamut of emotions—from humor and laughter at Finn’s sarcastic reluctance with his newest customer to lumps in the throat when Sydney speaks to her grandmother’s doctor.

In Catching Christmas, Blackstock managed both a light-hearted story and one with depth.
Lori
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really cute story with a great message.
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
CATCHING CHRISTMAS is a different sort of Christmas story and a different sort of book by Ms. Blackstock. Nothing suspenseful about this at all, its a very sweet Christmas story about an older woman who needs help and is very forgetful, her overworked and stressed out granddaughter and the cab driver who is stuck in the middle.

Finn is a sweetheart, though he does have the typical male rough edges. Sydney is between a rock and a hard place and I hurt for her, though wow I can't believe the impo
Patrice
This is an interesting story; told from the 2 main character’s perspectives. It was a nice change of pace to read a story with a predominantly male lead. Finn is a taxi driver summoned to a house in the suburbs. He already seems to be in a foul mood, because he wasn’t dispatched to the airport; where the fares are frequent and pay well. He needs this job to keep a roof over his head and the basic necessities. When no one responds to the honking of the horn he grudgingly decides to knock on the d ...more
Susan Snodgrass
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Terri Blackstock's first Christmas book is one for the keeper shelf! Seriously warm and we'll written with a good dose of dry humor, this is one holiday read you don't want to miss.

Can driver Finn Parrish beeps his horn at the house of his next fare. No one comes out, so he grudgingly stomps to the door. Inside, in her wheelchair, sets 80 year old Callie Beecher. Sound asleep. Finn does not need this! He doesn't want to tire around this old lady. But he has good manners, so he drops her off at
Karen R
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A charming story with a timeless message!
Loved "Miss Callie" and her quirky ways. Putting her concern for her granddaughter's happiness above her own needs, she has a wonderful outlook on life, with a heavenly perspective. Her legacy of faith and hope brushed over everyone she met, and was truly inspirational. I enjoyed watching Finn's transformation and his growing friendship with Callie and Sydney. I laughed and cried with them. The message of valuing time spent with loved ones over the busyn
Amy
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Catching Christmas is not your typical book you were normally read by Terri Blackstock. However, I thought it was a great read. I found it to be delightful and fun. It had some laugh out loud moments that you would embarrass yourself if reading in public. It, also, had some touching and sweet moments.
I am giving Catching Christmas five plus stars. It should not be missed this Christmas season.
I highly recommend Catching Christmas.

Mayda
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Though sad in part, this poignant Christmas tale will leave you with a warm holiday feeling. Miss Cassie is an elderly and extraordinary person. Lately, her health is failing as her body and mind are just wearing out. Her granddaughter Sydney has recently reconnected with her, and is trying her best to take care of her while launching her own career as a new lawyer. This is not working so well. Enter caring cab driver Finn Parish, who becomes Miss Cassie’s driver and lifeline to the world. Take ...more
writer...
I absolutely love the cover!
It caught me from the first and having read the story,
it's definitely a cue to the quirky fun of taxi driver Finn!
Capably captivating writing of a pro, my laughter rang loud
and my tears flowed generously.
A do.not.miss for this season's reading!
Thank you!
to the talented, Terri Blackstock!
Vera Godley
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is certainly one of those "do not miss reading" books. Each of the main characters will fill your heart with love and appreciation. Most of all, you will fall head-over-heals in love the the granny of the story, Miss Callie.

The reluctant rescuer or man-of-the-hour is the cab driver whose heart won't let him let Miss Callie down. And then there is the granddaughter, Sydney, who isn't aware of all that is happening to Grandma Callie because she is caught up in her cutthroat life a
Maureen Timerman
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I enjoyed this fast read, and you can feel what Christmas is really about, what a great book the author has shared with us.
There are some chuckles and tears here, and you feel compassion for all of those involved, and I felt like I was watching as I read!
You will find yourself thinking of your own mother or grandmother, and putting a face to Miss Callie, and yes, you can actually see that all that happens here could be true.
We really answer the question here of who is really fa
Andrea Boyd
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Normally, I hold off until December to binge on Christmas reads, but I saw this on the shelf at the library and grabbed it. And I usually prefer happy, feel-good stories for that time of year. I didn't expect to find an anti-hero in a Christmas novel. (Not that I'm complaining. I LOVE anti-heroes!) Even with all of these unexpected elements, I loved this story! Yeah, there was that part in there that some would consider sad, but if you think about it, it really wasn't. Imagine getting everything ...more
Monique S. (The Ginger Librarian)
“Catching Christmas” is a very touching holiday read. With well developed and relatable characters, and scenes that really draw you in, I found it difficult to put this book down.

I received this book from NetGalley and the book's publisher in exchange for my honest review, for which I am very grateful.
Amanda
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bookshelf, 2018
I have been in quite a reading slump lately and this book was the perfect book to pull me out of it. The story is a lot of fun and definitely gives the reader "all the feels". It focuses on a slightly grumpy cab driver who is called to drive an elderly woman to an appointment. This assignment pulls him into her world and he ends up becoming her personal driver.

The story is full of humor...some moments had me laughing out loud, but it also has touching moments and some heartbreaking
Sherri
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Very enjoyable characters and dialogue.
Brenda H
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sydney Batson, a 1st year law associate, is juggling her career and taking care of her ailing grandmother, Callie. When her grandmother’s doctor’s appointment is scheduled for the same time Sydney has to be court, she arranges for a cab to take her grandmother to her appointment.

Cab driver, Finn Parrish needs to make the last of his rent money and hopes to catch some decent fares at the airport. However, his dispatcher sends him to pick up Callie for her appointment. When he arrives,

• A Christmas by the Sea
  • Who I Am with You (Legacy of Faith #1)
  • The Noel Stranger (The Noel Collection, #2)
  • The Christmas Star (Christmas Hope #9)
  • Hidden Peril (Code of Honor #2)
  • Secrets at Cedar Cabin (Lavender Tides, #3)
  • Code of Valor (Blue Justice, #3)
  • Driftwood Bay (Hope Harbor, #5)
  • The White Christmas Inn
  • Alaskan Holiday
  • The Memory House
  • Delayed Justice (Hidden Justice #3)
  • On Magnolia Lane (Blue Ridge, #3)
  • Summer by the Tides
  • Mind Games (Kaely Quinn Profiler, #1)
  • Leaving Lavender Tides (Lavender Tides #1.5)
  • Cross My Heart (A Legacy of Faith #2)
  • Burden of Proof
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived