Start by marking “The Teacher's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #1)” as Want to Read:
The Teacher's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #1)

The Teacher's Bride

(Amish Brides of Birch Creek #1)

Beloved and bestselling author of Amish romance Kathleen Fuller reminds us that sometimes opposites really do attract.

"A heartwarming story of unexpected romance woven with fun and engaging characters who come to life on every page."--Amy Clipston, bestselling author of A Seat by the Hearth

If there is one thing Christian Ropp will not allow in his classroom—or his life—i
Published December 4th 2018 by Zondervan (first published December 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Teacher's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Teacher's Bride

Start your review of The Teacher's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #1)
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I thoroughly enjoyed this story- the author did an amazing job of bringing the characters and setting to life and keeping my interest on each page. I love how she writes somewhat quirky characters and shows the different ways they relate to life. Christian is kind of socially awkward because of his pragmatic personality, I thought it was hilarious how he set out to make new friends in the community. He and Ruby are so different, yet they grew to understand each other and their contrasting attrib ...more
Jen. (JenGalaxy4 Christian Book Reviews)
Return to Kathleen Fuller’s beloved community of Birch Creek, Ohio in this first book of the brand new series, Amish Brides of Birch Creek!

The Teacher’s Bride introduces us to Ruby Glick and Christian Ropp. As newcomers to Birch Creek, the two form a sweet friendship that was just as funny to watch bloom as it was heartwarming.

Ruby and Christian are very socially awkward and have unique ways of dealing with other people. I found them to be relatable and adorable, both together and apart. I def
Tamara
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book which is why I gave it four stars I did, but it did something that rarely happens to me. It made me laugh. I read lots of books that cause me to cry, smile, or nod my head in agreement, but laughing doesn't happen too often. I don't read a lot of Amish fiction but I really like how Kathleen Fuller writes about the Amish. ...more
Cathy Cermele
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was such a heartwarming, sweet and maddening read!

I adored Ruby and could easily imagine myself spending time with her because she has an easy-going nature that I appreciate. She’s also prone to making some not so wise decisions. Christian is the complete opposite as he carefully plans every single aspect of his life and having fun isn’t a top priority for him. It doesn’t take long for these two to cross paths and when they do, this is where I laughed and wanted to reach into the pages
Judy
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Teacher's Bride is not your typical Amish romance. Kathleen Fuller's quirky main characters surprised me and kept this book interesting. Christian and Ruby are both rather odd ducks - very socially awkward, except around each other - and they both made me smile...many times.

I received an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are solely my own.
Martinez Ava
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was so sweet and just fun to read!! I laughed out loud so many times at Ruby’s antics!! Such a good book about how opposites really do attract!!
Brittany
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Teacher’s Bride was an interesting story, in that the two main characters were ones who really struggled with how to interact with other people, especially those of the opposite sex.

Well, Christian Ropp actually struggled with his interactions with everyone. Although very book smart, he lacked understanding and compassion toward those who didn’t do things as he felt that they should be done. He was a bit hard for me to like for a large portion of the book.

I liked Ruby Glick a lot and felt so
Kav
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A funny and tender and awkward romance guaranteed to make you squirm and blush and giggle. Christian's linear thinking tendencies lend to some hearty guffaw moments as he bumbles his way through various social situations. But then he's kindhearted and can be unexpectedly empathetic at times. Ruby is all wild impulses and outgoing enthusiasm that often leaves her in hot water. He's pragmatic. She's idealistic. And yet they become unlikely allies and then friends and then....well, it's complicated ...more
Cheri
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish
The Teachers Bride is the fourth book in the Amish of Birch Creek seriea, it can be read as a stand alone novel. Ruby comes to Birch Creek, to stay with her brother and his family, she is looking for a husband. Ruby is known to be accident prone and is constantly getting into one fix or another. Ruby is trying to change, how she is viewed by others. Christian is a teacher and is confident around the children in his class, but is awkward around adults and in carrying on a conversation. Ruby offer ...more
Marilyn
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
The Teacher’s Bride was filled with dysfunctional characters. Christian was a conceited and unsocial able only thinking of his own needs, while Ruby was clumsy and seemed to be a misfit even in her own mind. Christian’s strict teaching style was tested when Ruby filled in for him. These two characters had a lot of clashes despite what they were discussing.

This story did not reel me in like other books by Fuller. I was able to easily set it aside and pick up another one to read, but did finish T
Ash Luna
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Kathleen Fuller being one of my favorites drove me a little crazy with The Teacher's Bride. The back and forth and indecisiveness of the male character Christian was a little too much for me, I felt that thru the book he was not the one for Ruby and all Ruby wanted was for him to see her and have Faith guide him to her. He took his sweet ol time while poor Ruby was waiting and waiting like a love sick puppy. I was done for when she decided to move back home. It could have been a 5 star read if i ...more
Amy
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Teacher’s Bride is the fourth installment from Amish of Birch Creek series by Kathleen Fuller. I believe this is my favorite of the series to date. I enjoyed this heartwarming, inspiring and delightful story. Christian and Ruby was so sweet. There are some laugh out loud moments, as well as, some tender ones.
I am giving The Teacher’s Bride five plus stars. I highly recommend it for readers who love clean and sweet Amish fiction.

Leah
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a clean romance that took place in Ohio. It is about family and love and secrets. The story focuses on two people that are different but similar. They have trouble in with social interactions but in different ways. It was nice to see them and their relationship change. There are two other characters involved in this story. One has an interesting secret but is hardly in the story. The other has more page time but has a sad story that is kept hidden for most of the story.
Jennie
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This Amish story was about Ruby and Christian who are both socially awkward, but have teaching in common. I felt the book was very predictable and the cover of the book outlined the entire story so there were no surprises.
Megann Zeigler
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a good cute book about how friendship can become so much more than you expect. Loved the twists and turns...
Amy Clipston
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kristi
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't think I've ever read a story about two more awkward people before. Ruby is a bit accident-prone. Christian, or Chris, as he's known, is so uptight that at times I wanted to reach in the book and give him a shaking. Add in his standoffish sister, Selah, and at times I thought I was going to lose my mind. But the talented Kathleen Fuller made me end up enjoying these characters more than I ever thought I would as I journeyed with them through acquaintanceship, friendship, and perhaps more. ...more
Wendy
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB

If there is one thing Christian Ropp will not allow in his classroom---or his life---it is chaos. So why is he drawn to Ruby Glick, a woman who seems to bring mayhem wherever she goes?

Christian Ropp moves to Birch Creek to accept a teaching position in the rapidly growing Amish community. He's determined to put the rambunctious school in order as well as check another task off his list: find a wife. Of course, that would be much easier if women were like textbooks, straight
Lori
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this one so much!!
I can tell that the author enjoyed writing this book too!! It's her best yet!! I first fell in love with this author when I read Treasuring Emma: A Middlefield family series.
These characters will want to make you laugh and cry at the same time. And yet, knock their heads together as well because they are both so hardheaded!!!!
Ruby is a fun loving person. I think she's like me in so many ways. With just the right people you can have fun and laugh with. I think that R
Kelly Tyree
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed The Teacher's Bride. The best part of this book was the endearing characters. I loved watching these odd characters develop and finally fall in love.

Ruby Glick leave Lancaster and come to live with her brother and his family in an attempt to make something of herself. She typically makes mistakes and just has not found her niche in life yet. When she arrives in Birch Creek she decides the best thing for her to do it to find a husband. As she goes about trying to do that, she me
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads

It was so good to get back to a Kathleen Fuller novel. I haven't read one in a bit, and this was a refreshing jump back to her work. This is the first in a what's sure to be a wonderful series, and every minute of this book had me hooked.

From the start, I loved Ruby's character. I saw a lot of myself in her, and I really felt connected with her. Watching her, following her story, seeing how hard she tries to do good, but something always fails, it all really had me turning the pages long into th

Lorraine
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
While uncommon, it’s not unheard of for an Amish man to be a school teacher. Christian Ropp is one of these men. He’s the teacher in Birch Creek. While comfortable in this roll, and very good with his scholars, “Chris” has a difficult time interacting with women his age. That is a big problem when you’re looking for a wife.

Ruby Glick hasn’t found her calling yet. Or a husband which is the reason she leaves her home in Lancaster to move in with her brother and his family in Birch Creek. Prospects
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
THE TEACHER'S BRIDE is Ms. Fuller's newest release. I have to admit that at first I didn't like Christian at all, he is a pompous, know it all, nerdy jerk. I couldn't get a feel on Ruby and I was very tempted to give up and not bother with this book.

I kept with it (with frequent reading breaks) and then something happened (I won't tell) and my interest was piqued. Ruby had my heart from that moment on, but Christian still had his work cut out for him.

I'm not going to lie and say I closed the b
Katherine Bartlett
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Sometimes opposites really do attract..."

The Teacher's Bride was unlike any Amish romance I have read before! The story starts out with Ruby Glick, a person who makes a mess everywhere she goes, leaving Lancaster to start a new life in Birch Creek. She stays with her brother's family, in hopes to find a husband in town.

Then you have Christian Ropp, who is the teacher in town. He is smart, punctual and always thinking. And he's been thinking that he needs a wife. But he has no idea how to talk
Cecilia
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another non-stop page turner by Kathleen Fuller! She has not disappointed with The Teacher’s Bride, book one in her new series Amish Brides of Birch Creek. I loved that she has incorporated this new series into the lives we already learned to love in Birch Creek and was delighted to see them appear in the story.
I loved the contrast between Christian and Ruby’s personalities. Where he was professional and rigid, she was a free spirit. I also liked that Christian followed his dreams and became a
Becky
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore Kathleen Fuller's Amish novels. She writes believable characters with a twist of humor. In The Teacher's Bride, Ruby is the kind of woman who acts without thinking through the consequences of her actions.

Christian is the local teacher who never moves without a thorough examination of all possible consequences. Christian wants a wife and he has a specific girl in mind, but all of his attempts fall through.

Ruby wants a husband, but she's willing to set aside her wants to help C
Dana Michael
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Teacher's Bride is a cute story by my favorite Amish author Kathleen Fuller. I haven't read all of her books yet, but I have read quite a few. With that said, this one was a bit different. This one was quite humorous and was fun to read. The hero, Christian is a school teacher who is a bit obsessive compulsive and an introvert. The heroine, Ruby is pretty much opposite. Besides being a bit of a klutz, she is a sweet and positive people person. They both have awkward social skills, but they s ...more
Maureen Timerman
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
The author has us back in Birch Creek, and with some old friends, she has also given us a male, Christian Ropp, teacher, and although he seems to be a bit antisocial, he is looking for a wife.
Then we are presented with a young woman who is looking for a husband, Ruby Glick, she has left her home in Lancaster with the hopes of new beginnings. You will chuckle as some of her happenings, some are serious and others are just unhandy, but she is a bit of a klutz!
There is a very serious topic that doe
Karen
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was heartwarming, funny and nerve-wracking. It’s about Christian, an Amish male teacher who is a bit orderly, compulsive and keeps to himself. While, Ruby is clumsy, talkative, kind and does things before thinking it through. They meet on Saturdays to give lessons on how to get the attention of the person they are interested in because neither was very good around them except when they were with each other. The problem is they are falling for each other but don’t acknowledge it. It wa ...more
Lynn
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Zondervan through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

An excellent read and a storyline that I haven't seen before, but no less enjoyed. Set in a small town and an unexpected love journey begins between the local teacher Christian Ropp and slightly clumsy Ruby Glick cross paths more in then once, and a friendship ensues between the two. I immensely enjoyed the storyline, characters and was a great quick read and I'
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Seat by the Hearth
  • A Welcome at Our Door (Amish Homestead #4)
  • Hearts in Harmony
  • Seasons of an Amish Garden
  • The Bake Shop
  • Listening to Love (An Amish Journey #2)
  • The Farm Stand (Amish Marketplace #2)
  • An Amish Christmas Bakery
  • Mending Fences (The Deacon's Family, #1)
  • An Amish Homecoming
  • Stitches in Time (The Deacon's Family, #2)
  • A Place at Our Table (Amish Homestead #1)
  • The Crow's Call (Amish Greenhouse Mystery #1)
  • Room on the Porch Swing (Amish Homestead #2)
  • The Patient One (Walnut Creek, #1)
  • An Amish Reunion
  • Two Steps Forward (The Deacon's Family, #3)
  • The Mockingbird's Song
Best-selling author of Amish fiction. Also a wife, mother, crafter, coffee addict, football fan, and chocolate aficionado.

Amish Brides of Birch Creek (3 books)
  • The Farmer's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #2)
  • The Innkeeper's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #3)