Start by marking “A Stoic's Diary” as Want to Read:
A Stoic's Diary

A Stoic's Diary

Download this book for FREE. Here's the link- https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...
---
I have been both good and bad to people.

Because,
I have had ups and downs in my life.
---

I have been extremely happy whenever something good happened.
And like everyone else, I have had my fair share of failures as well.
I have been sad and depressed as well.
There was a time when
Published February 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about A Stoic's Diary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Stoic's Diary

Start your review of A Stoic's Diary
Apoorva
This is one of the most logical and straightforward self-help books I read. The author has done a great job in capturing the philosophy of Stoicism and presenting it in a practical way that can be used in your daily life. I don't know much about Stoicism philosophy but it really piqued my interest and I'll definitely read more about it. This book is perfect when you're going through a rough time and you need a quick dose of inspiration. On top of it, the language is simple and effective and it ...more
Sidharth Vardhan
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just notes maintained by someone who has read heavily on Stoicism

"you were a liability to your mother before you were born."
Swaroop
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it
"It's a way of living that follows logical thinking."

"Emotions create most of the problems while logic solves most of them."

Dipanshu Rawal's A Stoic's Diary is a very short book slightly based on Stoicism and also few other philosophical thoughts. This book is not much of a diary and also not enough to be called "Stoic". However, the contents are inspiring and thought provoking.

About Stoicism: It is a practical philosophy of life. This philosophy is more rational and down-to-earth, particularly
Dipanshu Rawal
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Please read this book for free here- https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...
(Download PDF for best experience)

While researching on stoicism,
I couldn’t help but notice that the simplicity and effectiveness of stoicism were lost in either the fancy words of contemporary writers or the outdated words by ancient stoic writers.

So, here are my interpretations of stoicism in the simplest way possible.

Swapna Peri
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book Title: A Stoic's Diary
Author: Dipanshu Rawal
Format: Kindle
Total Number of Pages: 58
Date: 2018

Book Title:
The title of the book ' A Stoic's Diary ' is very attention capturing and new.

Book Cover :
The book cover is very subtle and doesn't talk much about the book.

About the book:
Stoicism is an ancient Greek philosophy developed around 300 B.C. as a modification of Cynicism which teaches the development of self-control and courage by fighting destructive emotions. It is not just a set of
Anuj Tomar
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
A Stoic's Diary is an impressive read. Short and to the point. Non fiction can be boring sometimes with their dragging on sluggishly with nothing much actually happening. What's good than reading a short book helping in dealing with complexities of characters and understandings, and that too with no cost at all. It's free. The link is here Hi,
I hope you are doing fine.

Today, I am here with my first book-

"A Stoic's Diary".

Here's the link to download my book for free-

Jayant Om
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A stoic's Dairy is not just some jotted words, It is something which makes you more positive about life, It simply tells you "Life is ephemeral but each moment is worth to live when you are traveling in pitch darkness it comes handy when there is light, it soothes the mind.
J. Alchem
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Informative

A very informative and beautiful book about stoicism. Before coming across this book I had no idea about stoicism. A good read.
Deepansh Mehra
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
#BookReview #AStoicsDiary by #DipanshuRawal: Seldom a whimsical read leaves one feeling elated. A Stoic's Diary is one such random discovery, thanks to #Kindle. This is a non-fiction book which is meticulously self-aware. It is a very short read and almost feels like an interactive book. The suggestions and theories make sense and are very practical and while flipping through the pages, one can not help feeling happy about a few realisations which are simple but effective.

For me, this totally
Puneet Mishra
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It felt like an important medicinal injection given to you by an expert nurse.

I had read a couple of books and a few articles on stoicism earlier. Either I wasn't convinced, or I couldn't simply relate to the essence of this philosophy. In this book, the author has gone beyond the philosophical silver lining and given his best shot to make the idea relatable to the reader. I wouldn't hesitate to say, it's the necessary "gyaan" given to you by the "bro next door". The idea of the book is as
Anusha Sridharan
Apr 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I got a chance to read this interesting piece, thanks to the link to download a PDF from the Author's Bio.
I appreciate how author is trying to share the brief notes of his findings/learnings that we need to repeatedly remind ourselves.
Good job there!

*Most of the times, it is about how you take things than how they happened to you*
Niharika
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Stoic's Diary is a beautiful book about the idea of stoicism. The art of practising stoicism and its benefits are so nicely explained that you would want to reread it again when you fight with the invisible monsters.

It is helpful and do check it out!
Shweta Sharma
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Stoic's Diary is a small volume comprising lessons with profound wisdom about stoicism penned down in a simple yet crystallized way by the author.

The beauty of this book lies in the simplicity with which the book is written going parallel with the lessons it delivers. Ever got caught up in the delusion of your own thoughts? The book gives the answers.
Moreover, the answers are not just holding a philosophical approach to make it too much to take.

Simple and Straightforward.
Realistic and
Amritangshu Baruah
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Tiny little introductory book on Stoicism.
Introduces the reader about it very simply and giving some practical examples. I deem it to be a beneficial book who are not familiar with this philosophy.
Only suggestion is that the author perhaps could have gone into some more depth. One who has read a few books on Stoicism or Buddha's non-attachment, might find the book mere repetition of the ideas.

Anyway, it's one of those books you should read often to keep your life on track.
Gunjan Rani
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
This one was quick and easy read about all the things we already know wrapped under fancy name of Stoicism which I didn't know earlier. The book is written beautifully and will provoke everyone to not to dwell on their problems they can't control for so long but to move on with other which they still can control. The idea is pretty much amazing and has been presented wonderfully by author in various chapters.
Overall, it's one nice book everyone should read.
Good work, Dipanshu! You inspire
Tanya Setia
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No wonder this book written by Mr. Dipanshu Rawal is indeed an amazing book to read if you're feeling low, high, good, bad or any kind of feeling. This book is for you.
As I see, one must not forget where one's roots are. And this thing is very softly told in this book.
I'm grateful to the writer for writing this.
And I hope the readers will follow the message in their lives.
Tapan Kamath
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great intro to Stoicism
A well written piece on how various lessons of stoicism, like applying a bit of logical thinking, is all you need to tackle various emotional issues. Dipanshu's examples play a great role in providing the reader with a different perspective, to look at a particular problem in an another way. Really well written.
Swati Sarangi
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A short read in which the sophisticated idea has been very well simplified. No fancy way of presenting certain approaches which are always taken as granted.

Read my full review here:
Yash
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book is amazing and one of the best reads of mine till now. The author has used simple language to describe about a stoic. Thanks for writing the book.
Arnab Chatterjee
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A good introductory book on stoicism. It is particularly beneficial to those people who are not so much of a reader because it is really a small book and it is entertaining as well as emphasizing on the basic points.
Omar Hernandez
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks

Helpful in a moment of need. Depressed, anxious and discouraged for awhile but this gave me a breath of good feeling
Ali Kattnur
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
a Stoic's dairy is an impressive read, short and also so crisp, it is written in a simple yet elegant way, I just loved it. ...more
T.S.Krishna Chaitanya
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must read for everyone.
Ajay Yadav
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
"what a sword can not do, a pin can" is a common proverb we had been hearing since our childhood days. This proverb is perfectly applicable to this book; the 60 pages of the book can teach you the stoicism in a way which cartons of pages may not be able to. The writing and messages are very simple but still loud enough to shake your inner being.
I endorse Dipanshu's request to down load this book and keep it ready hand as it may serve as savior in the face of crisis.
Indeed a very positive effort
Nitin  Gupta
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quick read and thats the best part you can read it like a good article about stoicism ..
Garima Banerjee
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Read

What a piece of work! Loved it to the core. Explained the concepts in simple language. Made my vision clear. I am really thankful to the author for sharing his thoughts through this. Looking forward to read more of his works.
Abhishek Malik
Its my first official introduction to the philosophy of stoicism & its heartwarming.
I can totally understand the way it tends to put ones life on a path of living with satisfaction and logic to make the life simple and nourishing.

Definitely loved the way Deepanshu put it here & would love to read and digest more about it.
Bhagya Shree
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a short introduction to the philosophy of Stoicism and few tips on applying this to real life. What makes this book different from other non-fictions is that it conveys all the relevant matter without beating about the bush.
In very simple words, Dipanshu has conveyed the idea of Stoicism , which is a profound and deep philosophy. It can be considered as a self help book similar to "Subtle Art of Not giving a f**k" by Mark Mason.
This is a kind of book that you can always save in
Varun
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Small. Interesting. Helpful and Effective.
Ayushi Verma
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a succinct explanation of a very profound topic- Stoicism. The subtle usage of words and the lucid representation of thoughts are the highlights. So if you're facing some hardships in your life or just simply want to boost your morale, then definitely give this book a shot!

• The Good Life Handbook: Epictetus' Stoic Classic Enchiridion
  • The Crow by her Window
  • You are the Best Wife
  • The 5 AM Revolution: Why High Achievers Wake Up Early and How You Can Do It, Too
  • The Blue Umbrella
  • La chica del cumpleaños
  • Life's Amazing Secrets: How to Find Balance and Purpose in Your Life
  • Who Owns My Life?
  • Raavan: Enemy of Aryavarta (Ram Chandra #3)
  • Black Holes: The Reith Lectures
  • The Manual: A Philosopher's Guide to Life (Stoic Philosophy Book 1)
  • Breakups: Stop Feeling Lonely, Depressed and Sad After A Breakup (Getting Over Relatoinship Breakups Book 1)
  • That Thing About You
  • Happiness: A Guide to Developing Life's Most Important Skill
  • Memories of Tomorrow (Nameless #6)
  • The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)
Reading my stuff can make you believe in yourself.

All important links are here - dipanshurawal.com/hello