Start by marking “I Don't Dance” as Want to Read:
I Don't Dance

I Don't Dance

Ty and Jen have been friends for nearly as long as anyone can remember. But when Ty goes off to college and leaves her behind, he has to face the reality that he cares for her as more then just a friend.

As graduations approaches and with
Published June 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about I Don't Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Don't Dance

Start your review of I Don't Dance
Jesseca Wheaton
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Yes, I finished reading this. Last month. Anddd... I forgot I was still reading here? xD

Anyway, yes, this book is my precious little child and I love it dearly. <3
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Sometimes it takes a a sunset to show you what really matters in life. But it's the sunrise that bring the promise of a new beginning.
As graduations approaches and with only one summer left before he begins basic training, Ty must make a decision. Military life is never easy
Lisa Elis
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
MY REVIEW IS LATE but oh well, #summer.

I entered this book thinking, "well one more sweet little novella that'll be a breeze to go through" but OMW I WAS BLOWN AWAY by the truths and brilliant examples in here.

First off, the characters were lovely and sweet. Mike was my favorite. All the young people had great relationships with their parents. Ty was relatable and he had struggles. Jen made me smile.

The plot was slow moving like, a summer evening. You sit still, you watch it move slowly, the col
Abigail
There are no words to describe how amazing this book is! I want to rate it 1,000+ stars, but sadly 5 stars are what I can rate it. This book was one of the sweetest, most humorist romances I have ever read. Jen and Ty's relationship was so amazing to read about. I loved it!! As much as I love Ty, Mike probably stole best character in this book for me. He's teasing and character was amazing and I loved him. xD

This book was amazing and I recommend it EVERYONE!!!
Faith
Oh my goodness, where do I even begin?! My critique partner stepped out of her domain in the world of historical and into my beloved genre—adorable summer contemporaries!

If you'd told me this time last year that I was even going to be writing this review, I would have laughed. "Jess, writing an old-fashioned romance? I think not." But here we are, on release day for I Don't Dance. A sweet lil' book that holds a special place in my heart, all the way down to the country-music-hinting title and a
Kellyn Roth
Title: I Don’t Dance

Author: Jesseca Wheaton

Genre: Christian Contemporary Romance

Setting: Southern United States

Publisher: Jesseca Wheaton

Source: from author (in exchange for honest review)

Overall Rating: 3.5/5 stars

I Don’t Dance by Jesseca Wheaton

I don’t know quite what to say about this novella. On one hand, it was a great story with good plot, characters, writing, and setting. I’ve no complaints there.

However, I just didn’t enjoy it. The characters live in a completely different world than my
Angie Thompson
This book was so many things. Comfortable. Heart-warming. Hilarious. Beautiful.

In fact, I like those labels so well that I want to take them one at a time. Never done a review this way before, but let's give it a try. :)

Comfortable. The small-town southern setting. The families that had known each other forever. The lifelong best friends wondering if they could become something more. There was just such a homey feel to this setting, these characters, this love story. It wasn't deep, dark secret
Mikayla
I was a beta reader for this book, so I was really excited to read the finished version. It did not disappoint.

This is a really sweet summer read. This follows a friendship that blossoms into a romance.

Ty was an awesome character. He treats Jen with respect, and her parents. Though most of what they did as a couple was fun dates, since they have been friends their whole life's, I didn't really mind. Though I would have loved hearing more of just there everyday conversations, the relationship r
Hailey Rose
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So sweet!!!! Glad I got to alpha-read this. :) Review to come upon publication.
Rebekah Morris
Review and rating to come when it's published. :) ...more
Lilian
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, ownedebooks
guys, this book was so adorable. I just... my heart.

I absolutely adored the old-fashioned feel of the whole book. Definitely one of the most absolute sweetest quaint summer-vibesy romances I've ever read, and super clean at that. It was so refreshing to read about the main characters' relationships blossoming in the Lord, and trusting Him through it all. I found it a little strange but still super sweet that Jen's siblings chaperoned their dates, too. I mean, I've heard of that but I've never re
R.F. Gammon
Very sweet little story :D Review to come at publication!
Chloe (aka Crystal)
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Maybe 13+, for romance.
Normally I don't like reading books solely focused on romance, but in this case, I wanted to see how the author would portray a clean relationship between Ty and Jenny in this day and age. And I would have to say she did an outstanding job!

The story is told from Ty's point-of-view, in third person. I think this was a unique choice, since females tend to have the lead in a romance. I found him to just be amazing. His joking around with Mike was hilarious as well as his playfulness with Jenny. I r
Libby May
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full review 8.8.18

Oh I love this books as much as I did when I first read it. It was amazing. I only found 1 grammar mistake, an accidentally capitalized E in the middle of a word. But otherwise
It's soo good!
The romance is like 100% clean, the sweetest thing ever. Ty is just such a good guy, Jen is adorable. And Mike... I think we all agree that Mike is just the best.
The story flow was really good. It was all just beautiful and taken care of and sweet and just makes you want to hug them all.
An
Abigail
*happy sigh*
This was just pure fluff and I loved it. The characters were great and relatable, the romance was so cute, the parents were actually involved (!!!), ahhh, it was just a Good.
(Also reading while riding through the mountains of NC is highly recommended, I enjoyed that a lot.)
4 stars from me! I can't wait to check out more of Jesseca's work.
Full review is up on my blog! : http://novelsdragonsandwardrobedoors....
**I was sent a copy of book by the author in exchange for an honest review*
R.A.
*waves* Are you ready for my review? I hope so!

The Characters:
Ty - loved him! He had struggles any guy in love would have which made it interesting! :p (view spoiler)
Mike - oh my goodness! He's hilarious! He reminded me so much of a character in my own book – so many jokes and jabs! I really liked his personality!
Jenny - sweet and caring, just what Ty loved! <3
Ty's parents - loved them!
Abigayle Claire
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short and sweet summery read. I loved how music had a purpose in the story and it was fun to see Ty and Jen's relationship bloom. All the younger sibling chaperones were great and almost every scene had a refreshing summery feel, even if the characters struggled. To my own surprise, Mike was my favorite in the end. I always love military themes, so that made this book even better.

Completely family-friendly, but perhaps 10+ just for interest level.
Karis
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Greatly enjoyed it! Review to come.
Allyson
A tale of love in its purest form, I Don’t Dance is a contemporary Christian novel I didn’t want to put down! The novella focuses on a young man named Ty who just graduated college and is planning to join the military. Back at home in Highlands, North Carolina, lives his best friend from childhood, Jen Davis. After communicating back and forth via Instagram while being apart, Ty realizes that he’s in love with Jen and wants to go about initiating a relationship with her. The question is, will Je ...more
zane deann
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received a free electronic copy of this book in exchange for a review. All opinions my own.*

As soon as I heard Jesseca Wheaton was writing a contemporary romance, I knew I wanted to read it. I fell in love with her writing when I read "A Question of Honor", and couldn't wait to see how she wrote in a modern setting.

My thoughts:

This was such a lovely, summery novella. The romance was very sweet - I loved Ty and Jenny together! Jenny's family members were all amazing. Also Mike. Just - yes. I a
Michaela Bush
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this novella in about two hours. I couldn't put it down!

What I loved:
*The message. I've frequently pondered how God gives us signs, directions for what we should do or where we should go. I loved the lengths Ty was willing to go to ensure Jenny's happiness. How he loved her family too, and how courteous he was. A rare gem in today's fast-paced hookup society.
*The characters. They were unique and worked so well together. I related to them very well and might I add, I would love to see a
Angela Watts
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
STORY

I read this in one sitting and it is absolutely best enjoyed outside in the green grass with nieces running about in the yard. If you don't have those last two things, pardon. But for real, this book was a delight.

I'm not one for gushy romances, in all honestly. I'm a romantic at heart, but I love romance as a side plot. I love romance that deals with tough topics and the couples have to push through life together.

This novella did what I loved but was still absolutely sweet. I didn't groan
Gracelyn Buckner
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
4.5 Stars

So, so sweet! RTC upon publication.
Katja
5+ stars & 6/10 hearts. I was a bit wary of this book, but I fell in love almost immediately and loved it more and more as I read on. It was so sweet and summery and whimsical and... beautiful. The romance astonished me by its purity. There were a few hugs, maybe a cheek/hair kiss or two, and some dancing, but other than that it was perfectly pure. The chaperons were amazing and Mr. Davis was a great father. I loved Ty and Jen, but my favourite was by far Mike. How can I explain? He LIVED for me ...more
Kacie
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Read for a reading challenge. I had to read the whole book in a weird spot. It was kinda fun:p

I enjoyed I Don't Dance a lot. It wasn't really the most exciting book to read but I really appreciated that they had a healthy, respectful relationship. It was so sweet!
Rebekah
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
VERY excited review to come on publication!!!!
Emma
This was so sweet and lovely!❤️ I am most definitely an old-fashioned girl at heart... I love whimsical, I love old-fashioned, and I love the country with my whole heart! So, I was pretty sure I was going to enjoy this. Plus, I just knew by the title it was going to be good.
A little random list of things I especially liked
-First of all, the faith in God these characters had!! It was really inspiring. I really, really loved how they put Him first, letting Him guide the steps in their relationship
Staci
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Sweet coming of age romance novella. A good example of how to approach dating and marriage.
Raechel Lenore
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
I read this story in two sittings - would've been one if I hadn't had to stop for dinner and chores. ^.^ This truly is a darling story, that is at once whimsical and realistic, and homey, and fun.
It's so easy to read - I wasn't even aware of the chapters as I flipped through the pages because I was just too involved in the story itself.
The characters were great, Ty and Jen being the "stars". Ty's best friend, Mike, was pretty fantastic too, and as I've seen others say - I certainly wouldn't min

• Never Say Goodbye
  • Window Fellow
  • Live Without You
  • Dandelion Dust
  • Freedom (Liberty's Battlegrounds, #1)
  • Behold
  • Love Needs No Words
  • Coral
  • Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)
  • Striking Out with the Star Pitcher (How to Catch a Crush, #1)
  • Big, Bold, and Beautiful: Owning the Woman God Made You to Be
  • Kiera
  • Shower Thoughts
  • The Dress Shop on King Street (Heirloom Secrets, #1)
  • A Perfect Weakness
  • Romanov
  • Brunch at Bittersweet Café (Supper Club #2)
  • The Perfect Blindside
Jesseca is a daughter, sister, and a child of God. Her days are spent reading, cooking, spending time with siblings, or playing piano. And writing, of course! At an early age words fascinated her, and her love for the printed page has only grown. She lives with her parents and seven siblings in the sunny state of Kansas, and she’s convinced there’s no place like home.

News & Interviews