Start by marking “Two Feet Under (The Mortician’s Daughter, #2)” as Want to Read:
Two Feet Under (The Mortician’s Daughter, #2)

Two Feet Under

(The Mortician’s Daughter #2)

Riley has accepted that her special gift is to help dead people with their unfinished business. But she never thought she’d be tasked with helping the spirit of a convicted criminal who died in prison. He may lead her on the scariest mission yet, but helping him could mean saving the life of a child. The convict’s daughter needs a liver transplant and the one person who co ...more
Published December 15th 2018 by EverAfter Romance (first published October 1st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Two Feet Under, please sign up.
C.C. Hunter Two Feet Under will be out December 11th. Riley and Hayden are getting into all kinds of trouble. I'm open for any questions.
Sachithra A sequal.
The second book of the Mortician's Daughter trilogy.
The third installment is yet to be rekeased.

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 “read in one sitting” stars

Reading CC Hunter’s books is like wearing my favorite plush sweater or curling on the couch under a blankie with a roaring fire in the chimney: comforting, easy and luscious.

Seriously I know that each time I will have a very enjoyable reading moment with just the right balance between suspense, romance, mystery, adventure, drama and humor.

She has a way with words that make me read these stories unaware of the time flying by when I am engrossed in the adventures
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I need this book now!! When does it come out?? I need a release date... I'm dying over here
Tomer
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light read while dealing with some serious issues. My main concern is that some aspects are being slow-played on purpose instead of developing the characters further along.
Serenity
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well....Well....Well.... I'm not sure if I'm more upset about the HUGE Cliffhanger or that I don't have the next book in my hands already...

Anyway...

Riley is still hoping Hayden will come back. She needs him to come back. In the meantime, the prison ghost guy is still around and needs her help. She's a little hesitant right now, given the fact that the last ghost lead her to a dangerous man. But this ghost needs Riley to help him and Fast.

Riley now knowing who Hayden is, she finds him and goes t
Kanyon
This book tore up my heart. It’s emotionally heavy and at times sad, but yet, it so, so, so GOOD. I ended up reading the book in one day, getting up only when absolutely required to. I just had to know what was going to happen next to Riley and all the moving parts. If you’ve read the first book you know she has ongoing issues with her father, there’s more secrets appearing relating to her mother and helping the dead sort out unfinished business are only half of her problems. I so want her frien ...more
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
2shay
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review by 2shay..........

I love this girl! Riley. She’s a corker. I always expect a lot from C.C. Hunter, and she always delivers. In The Mortician’s Daughter series she has created a delightful character. Her “Riley” can see ghosts. Not just “see” them, she can hear and talk and interact with them. We know from book one, One Foot In The Grave, that Riley has fallen head over heels in love with Hayden. He’s not quite a ghost, yet, but soon will be. Her relationship with Hayden is very sweet, but
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
For the past year and a half, Riley had started seeing ghosts of dead people who needed her help before they could cross over. Once it started with simple requests until she helped a woman who tragically died under questionable circumstances. Now a dead violent convict needed her help to contact his brother who was a dangerous gang leader.

And then there was Hayden's ghost, who happened to be alive but unconscious - comatose. He didn't want Riley to see him like that in the hospital; suffering wi
Mona
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can't wait for the next one!
Casey
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good book, but overall I thought it was a bit too repetitive. I rate "Two Feet Under" 4 stars.
Crystal
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Seriously?!?! That ending!! OMG!!

But really though. I loved this book!! It was very emotional! It really had my feelings everywhere. I need the next one like NOW!!!
Laurie
The second book picks up immediately from where the first one ended. I did not honestly expect to like this book as much as I enjoyed the first one after reading the blurb. I just did not think the story could get much better. I was mistaken. I read Two Feet Under with the same passion and intensity as the first one. The story was even more intense and the stakes higher than ever. This series is superb and I am really looking forward to the third installment of this fascinating adventure.

Reviewe
Sarah Gries
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am literally crying as I write this review...

But first, i want to thank Netgalley and C.C. Hunter for giving me this opportunity to review Two Feet Under. My review is 100% honest and only my opinions. Thanks again.

From the year wait and the book delay, I was very eager to read this book. I missed Riley and Hayden so much, but this cliffhanger has me in tears. I can't tell you how heartbroken I am...

Getting into the review itself. The only issue I had with the novel was the amount of conflict
Teresa Barrera
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
C. C. Hunter never fails in writing a good story. I love her writing!
I couldn't wait to read the second book of The Mortician's Daughter Two Feet Under.
I suggest you read the first book, One Foot in the Grave before reading this book so you understand the story of the characters.
We follow Riley as she takes on the tasks of helping ghosts. She's accepted her gifts, but sometimes wishes she could resign and who could blame her, sometimes ghosts can be pretty scary.
Speaking of scary, her next task
Kate Douglas
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Mortician’s Daughter: Two Feet Under C.C. Hunter

Loved the first book in the series, and this one is even better. Riley is having issues with Hayden’s spirit who doesn’t like her seeing him in the hospital sick and unconscious. He’s beginning to think seriously of giving up and letting go of life. Then a new ghost appears who needs Riley’s help—a convicted criminal who was supposed to donate part of his liver to save his daughter’s life, but he was murdered in prison before the transplant cou
Laura Garcia
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading two feet under by C.C. Hunter and all I can say is I need the third book now! What a major cliff hanger. Riley has been visiting Hayden everyday at the hospital now that she knows who he is and that he is not dead, but Hayden is not too happy about that. Dead prison guy is still needing some major help and fast, his daughter is needing a liver transplant and the only person who could possibly save her is his brother, who is also a gang leader. This might just be Riley's mos ...more
Marci
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Riley Smith can see and speak to dead people...many dead people... not a great thing if your dad happens to be a mortician. And they all need help! In this second installment Riley is tasked once again with helping someone from the beyond, this time a convict whose young daughter is dying and in need of a transplant. With the help of Hayden, the spirit of a boy in a coma whom Riley has fallen for, she races against the clock to save possibly more than one life.
This was just as great as the firs
Paula
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mortician’s Daughter Two Feet Under Review
Riley is a young adult who helps spirits cross over into the light. All the while managing her own life problems. Riley has an inmate spirit following her. He wants her help to save his daughters life. Riley is a scared of this inmate with good reason. Will she overcome her fear and help the inmate. Then there is Hayden and Jacob. Jacob a living breathing young man. Hayden has been in a coma for months with poor prognosis. Riley can see Hayden’s spirit
Kristin
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love C.C. Hunter aka Christie Craig. She's one of my favorite authors and a genuinely nice person. This is a fantastic series and it has mystery, romance and ghosts. My only problem with it is that I devoured it and will probably have to wait a year for the next one.
Susan
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great YA series

Riley can see the dead and it’s getting her into some dangerous situations. With her life & heart. The Mortician’s Daughter is a great YA series. Romance along with mystery & suspense. It would be 5 stars except for the cliffhanger!
Linda Maestri
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book ended too quickly! I have SO many questions as to what is going to happen next! The next one better come out soon!
Heli - So Many Books - So Little Time
Ashley Lovestoread
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One twist after another this book kept me engaged and unable to set it down once I started reading.
A love story that I didn’t expect but fully rooting for.
Judy Hodes
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
C.C. Hunter does it again. I thoroughly enjoy her character development. The way she is able to make a teenager actually seem like a teenager. I went from laughing to tearing up to bring on the edge of my seat. This is a must read. Can't wait to see how Rileys story unfolds in the next book.
Douglas Larson
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another wonderful installment in the Mortician's Daughter series. Once again Riley Smith has to cope with various ghosts needing her help to cross over. But she finds herself falling in love with her favorite ghost, Hayden. Coping with that, trying to help a dead man's daughter who is in the hospital and evading her best friend's probing questions as well as dealing with her dad's drinking has Riley at wits end.
I was quite surprised by the ending. I didn't see that coming at all. I hope episode
Mohini Jugran
Read it few months back and still don't know what to say other than I immensely enjoyed it..
I personally wouldn't expect anything less from C. C. Hunter after This Heart Of Mine 💟
KarenJo Custodio
OMG! This book left my heart bleeding on the floor and I don’t even know how I’m going to write this review without it being messy and all over the place. I’m broken-hearted, emotionally-spent, and such a damn mess. Two Feet Under exceeded all my expectations and I’m absolutely blown away!

If you read the first book, then you know that Hayden is not really dead, but in a coma fighting for his life. Riley is now dealing with the ghost of a convicted criminal and also her father’s addiction with d
Erin E
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never give up hope. Never give up. Period.In the second book of this series- “The Mortician’s Daughter, Two Feet Under” by C.C. Hunter, it not only makes you run out of pages to turn but it also gives you a sense of boldness, a sense of knowing, and a sense of hope.Anyone who knows me, knows I’m persistent. Persistent to the point where I’ve not only got you wrapped around my finger but I’m smiling while doing so and you wonder how in the world you could have been aggravated in the first place b ...more
Heather
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5/5

Two Feet Under starts right after the events in One Foot in the Grave.  We are still following Riley as she slowly learns more about her ability and more about her life.  Again, this was another fast-paced book, but I enjoyed this one a little more than the first.  I found it to be less predictable - I only semi predicted the twist ending.  There was also less of a mystery aspect to this one.  I'd call it more of a quest of sorts.

Riley is visited by one new ghost in this story.  He seems to
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Newstead Project
  • Dark Passing
  • Night Journey
  • Vision of Shadows (Vision, #1)
  • Chasing Midnight (The Dark of Night, #2)
  • Nightwolves on the Prowl (The Nightwolves #2)
  • Chasing the Witch (Boston Witches, #2)
  • A New Threat
  • Instinct
  • Beloved Evangeline
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • Club Nexus (Ivy Granger, #2.5)
  • Shifter School: A Wyrdos Universe Novel
  • Upload
  • Mirror of Shadows
  • Soul Search
  • Matt Archer: Redemption (Matt Archer #5)
  • Spell Fire
C. C. Hunter is the New York Times bestselling author of over thirty-five books, including her wildly popular Shadow Falls and Shadow Falls: After Dark series. In addition to winning numerous awards and rave reviews for her novels, C.C. is also a photojournalist, motivational speaker, and writing coach. In February 2018, Wednesday Books will publish her contemporary young adult and hardcover debut ...more

The Mortician’s Daughter (3 books)
  • One Foot in the Grave (The Mortician's Daughter, #1)
  • Three Heartbeats Away (The Mortician's Daughter #3)