Start by marking “Caught Up” as Want to Read:
Caught Up

Caught Up

Steamy romance and contemporary suspense collide in this compelling debut novel from Rya Stone.

Cassie Mitchum is interested in one thing and one thing only—closing a deal on the Lucas property. Until she sets eyes on Jason “Jase” Lucas. He’s bad news, but he looks damn good doing it. She’s never been one for tattooed roughnecks, but she’s willing to make an exception, espe
Published March 26th 2018 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Amara)

To ask other readers questions about Caught Up, please sign up.
Rya Stone Yes! Caught Up is the first book in the Roughneck series. Clint’s book, Tied Down, is slated for release in August, and Cassie and Jase definitely…moreYes! Caught Up is the first book in the Roughneck series. Clint’s book, Tied Down, is slated for release in August, and Cassie and Jase definitely make an appearance. Glad you enjoyed, and thank you for your review!(less)

Maria Rose
This is an intense and drama filled contemporary romance, with some super sexy scenes and lots of action. It's a bit darker than I anticipated, with human and drug trafficking forming a large part of the suspenseful plot. Cassie is a landwoman hoping to lease parts of the Lucas land for oil drilling which will give her some bonus pay to help provide for her mother who suffers from Parkinson's disease and is in a nursing home. Jason Lucas is a sexy roughneck, working on an oil rig but also dealin ...more
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
DNF at 12%

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Any quotes I use are from an unpublished copy and may not reflect the finished product.

This one was a little darker than I was expecting... domestic violence, prostitution, and so much drama. It wasn't enjoyable drama, but the type that follows jealous women around. These were supposed to be adults, yet they were acting like hormonal teenagers and wild animals claim
Tami
3.5

Well written dark contemporary romance.
Megan
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
So. I have a lot of feelings about this book. Not all of them are good. I was impressed with the story from the perspective that this is a debut novel from this author. But, it was a little darker, and more angsty than I typically prefer. And there was SO. MUCH. Other woman drama. Too much for my taste.

Cassie Mitchum is a landman. She makes lease deals with landowners for her company to build oil and gas wells on their property. Her boss has promised her a huge royalty bonus if she lands the Luc
books are love
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

I really liked this book. I liked how there was that mystery about the Lucas brothers and what was going on at the house. How they were rough on the outside but really were sweet marshmallows. Don’t get me wrong Jason and his brother weren’t all cuddly and mushy but they were caring under those rough exteriors. Heck Jase’s brother did everything possible to protect Jase even pushing him away and that is something that hurt Jase. It was Cassie that brought
SassyFraz
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: honesty-i-won
....I received a free eARC copy of this book from Netgalley.com in exchange for an honest review....
#netgalley #caughtup #ryastone

This was a good little read. I am not a huge fan out Third party POVs, but this one flowed very well. Being a Texas girl myself, that story was great. To read about areas you have been or lived, seems give me a more fondness for it. I liked Cassie's character most of the time. There were some moments (when isn't there now a days) that I thought could have been done di
 Reading In Pajamas
Review: CAUGHT UP (A Roughneck Romance) by Rya Stone https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-aFp
Publication Date: March 26, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 4 Stars

I enjoyed Rya Stone’s debut novel. I did wish Jase’s thoughts were more clearly explained sooner in the story. His behavior and romantic intention toward Cassie may have flowed easier for me. That being said, he was a macho-sexy man with a mysterious threat that kept dogging him and his brother. Cassie’s motiv
Jeannine
This one was sooooooo long for me and it’s written in third person, which is not my fave. It took me a couple of days to get through it. There is just so much detail about pretty much everything. I started skimming at about 60% because I thought the story was never going to end. After awhile I just didn’t care how the story ended, I just wanted to be done. I mean if you’re into heavy details that are really well written, then this book would be right up your alley.

*ARC received through Netgalle
Heather andrews
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jase doesn't ask for things, the man demands them, "he planted both hands on her desk, pinning her tight. “Tonight,” he whispered into her ear. “My place. Grilled shrimp.” Sometimes the things that come out of Cassie's mouth just doesn't come out right, “no,” she groaned. “I need out of these jeans.” Jase’s eyes took on a lusty sheen, and Cassie realized her mistake. “That came out wrong. I mean—” Boy did I loved this book, I can't wait to see if clint gets one as well.
Bette Hansen
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a tough one for me to review. It's just a little too dark and angst filled for my taste but it isn't a bad book. The writing is excellent, the characters are well developed, and the pace of the story is nice. There are lots of twists and turns to the story as well as a ton of drama. Overall not a bad book just not for me.
Bec
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it

Cassie Mitchum is determined to get Jason 'Jase' Lucas's signature to seal the deal she's looking to close on the Lucas property. However, the moment she meets Jase, she knows closing the deal isn't going to be easy, especially with his reaction to her presence. Yet, the more time she spends with him, the harder they both find it not to give in, to get what they both want -- a date in exchange for his agreeing to the lease agreement. But when the danger Jase has been trying so hard to keep her f
Elizabeth Neal
Cassie's job is to make deals with landowners allowing her company to build oil and gas wells on their property and if she convinces the Lucas brothers to accept the deal, she's been promised a huge bonus check. That money is needed to ensure her mom, suffering from Parkinson's, continues to receive the care she needs. However, neither brother is eager to sign, something Cassie knows is always a possibility, but the instant attraction between her and Jase Lucas isn't.

Jase, an oil rig worker, lik
Vickie
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Caught Up begins with Jase Lucas driving down the road and seeing a car pull right up to the entrance to the place he was raised. And, a place where his brother, Clint, still lived. When the driver stepped out of the car, Jase tried to ignore it, but a lady with a blown tire wasn’t something he could ignore. When he approaches the lady, he finds out that she is looking for Clint and that she is trying to arrange oil and gas leases on their tract of land. Jase tells her that they aren’t intereste ...more
Terry
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
3 1/2 Stars! Cassie is a Landman and has been promised an override if she can get the Lucas brothers to sign a lease for an oil well on their property. Easier said than done! First Clint, the scary cowboy brother, chases her off his land and then when she finds the second brother, Jase, she has an attraction towards him that even she can't understand. Jase and his brother Clint don't get along so when Jase came back from the army, he became a roughneck working the oil rigs. And when he caught hi ...more
Sara
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars!

A good debut novel that kept me entertained!

This romantic suspense kept me interested from beginning to end. It flowed well, kept the suspense coming and I really liked how everything was wrapped up. Cassie was a great character--a little bit sassy with a big heart, she loves big and fights hard. Jace was danger and mystery wrapped up in a sexy package. Both of them had secrets. Their attraction was palpable and they scorched the pages.

There were a few plot holes, but nothing that rea
Sahara
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pros
*Dark suspense.
*Humorous
*Amazing mature writing, alot of showing not telling.
*Unique plot
*Third Person Omniscient POV which I again love
*Really steamy with dirty talk (but not the dreaded "Call me daddy" or clumsy deadpanned phrases)
*Slow burn: characters didn't jump into the sack right away

Cons
*Jason (the hero) did not grovel or apologize enough for pushing Cassie away
*Hero allowed his ex TO HIT CASSIE (HEROINE) OVER THE HEAD WITH A BRICK WITHOUT INTERVENING!!
*Too much focus on town go
Karen Roma
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
3 1/2 Star Review......

CAUGHT UP is Rya Stone’s debut novel and ensures that readers are prepared for stories with never a dull moment!

This is a many faceted book packed with intrigue, twists and turns, angst and ultimately romance. I’m not a fan of the third party POV, but the story still had an even flow. It is somewhat darker than a lot of readers will be used to, but I liked the concept anyway.

Jase and Cassie were likeable characters, and the author insinuates Clint and Karyn nicely, so that
Denise Van plew
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thought I would try this new author with something that I do like to read in the formula. Suspense and romance is a great one that captures my attention. This one centers around Cassie and Jason who have their own dance going on. The needs and wants in this one will do the tug of war that have you going back and forth. The slow roll heat and the suspense will take you through this with at times though too much drama in one direction. Over all though you start and want to see it through to the en ...more
Teri
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Long and drawn out. That is what this story is. Way too long. While the premise is good, it became a bore. The “why” needed more presence. We needed to see more of the danger. Versus it being alluded to.

This story is definitely different from other books out there and with some tweaks I think it could be a real winner.

poppy
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my first book from Rya and while I enjoyed it I did not love it. I don't mind that it was a pretty dark read but it did take a while to get into and I have to admit I nearly gave up but I am glad I didn't. It has a lot going on in it and once I was into it I did not want to stop Cassie and Jase had lots of chemistry but they also have lots of issues. I will be checking out more from Rya in the future.
Katrina Berry
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Caught Up is Book 1 of the Roughneck Series by Rya Stone. Dark, gritty, and plenty of twists and turns in this contemporary romance to keep a reader hooked! This is a riveting debut by a clearly talented author who I can’t wait to see more from...*does a happy dance* got myself a new author to add to my go-to list!

Please note that an ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review of which this is both honest and completely voluntary.
Michaelene
Unfortunately, this book didn’t work for me. I was all in it for the blue collar redneck, and if the story had focused more on Jase and Cassie’s relationship than the outside and OW drama it would have worked better. It was a bit too much drama for my tastes, however, and I didn’t want to devote my time to it. I think a reader who wants an angsty read would enjoy this one more than I did.
Teresa
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
**I received a copy of Caught Up from Entangled Publishing and Net Galley in exchange for a voluntary and honest review**

Caught Up is the debut book and author as well and for a brand new story it was better than I expected. I'm going to wait to see what the second book and hope that it's Clint and Karyn's story because they sure has sparks flying between them. I give all 4 stars to the book and author as it's well worth it. But you should know that it's very dark in places.

Jason Lucas and Cass
Tammy
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fast-paced read with loads of drama. Cassie and Jase both have issues of their own but the chemistry between them is steamy. This was a good read for me, some of the drama could have been cleared up a bit quicker. Overall, I liked the characters, and the story held my interest throughout. A good read.
Pelusa Rivera
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author. (netgalley) I could deal with Cassie and I liked Jase, but come on the drama was just too much drama. At some point I was hoping that it stopped and it dragged, and dragged some more, if it had not been for the ridiculous amount of ex-woman issues I would have enjoyed it more, but again it actually worth mention or shall I say warning it was just too much.
Donna
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Caught Up by Rya Stone is a romantic suspense that took me to places I’d not been to before. I liked learning about oil country and the roughnecks that work there. I liked Jase and Cassie. I had a bit of a problem with the pacing but all in all an interesting read.
Melinda Blache
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this story. It was well written and had lots of drama. The story line kept me engaged through out the book. I would recommend this book. I hope to read the next installment in this series.
Tracie R
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgally
3.5 Stars Twists, turns, angst and romance Caught up by Rya Stone has a bit of it all. I enjoyed this story Jase and Cassie were likeable characters and I hope this debut author take this to a series and brings us more of the sparks and firework with Clint and Karyn's story.
Sue
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A well written debut novel by Rya Stone. I enjoyed it.
Karla Andrews
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the suspense of the book. The not no knowing what was happening on the Lucas ranch. Seriously, wow!! Jase and Cassie! Just wow! Explosion of fireworks.