Start by marking “The Sound of Home (Langley Park #2)” as Want to Read:
The Sound of Home (Langley Park #2)

The Sound of Home

(Langley Park #2)

One steamy summer night. One unforgivable betrayal. Two lives forever changed.

Em MacCaslin isn’t an ordinary teenager. She’s a world-renowned violinist—until the night she endures a life-altering injury and loses the ability to play.

A night she can’t remember.

After twelve years of running from the past, she’s back in Langley Park, and she’s looking for answers.

Sparks fly
280 pages
Published October 24th 2018 by Candy Castle Books

To ask other readers questions about The Sound of Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sound of Home

S.M. West
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing

The Langley Park series gets better and better. I was completely surprised by where this second chance, romantic suspense went. It was so much more than I expected! Krista Sandor effortlessly sucks you into the story and makes you fall in love with the characters, the sense of family and friendship, and she keeps you on your toes as the entire story unravels and the pieces come together.

Can't wait to get to the next book!
Tanya
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She was not a normal person as she was a child prodigy, she played music everywhere had her life was complete. Until one fateful night, a night she cannot remember but she has finally decided to find out. Someone does not want her to. See if she will find out

CLEO
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series gets better and better!!! 💛💛💛

Em's story is quite interesting being a child prodigy then tragedy strikes. She runs away with all the anger inside from that faithful night. To come back again 12yrs later and find what she was missing was truly home and who is considered home? She held that bitterness for so long but at the same time she realizes, she was healing the whole time in her own way.

A book of tragedy, mystery and finding your true inner self and at the same time Love!

An amazi
Nerdy girl
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ohmygod! Ohmygod! OHMYGOD!!!
I can not say it enough. This was captivating. The suspense!!! Tbh In book 1 I'd the clue as to who will be the villain but this had me in loop!!! I cannot be sure of who WAS the bad person (and this is a good thing if you weren't able to guess😜).

It was beautifully written. I'd instant connection with the characters. The plot was out of the field AND Michael is my book boyfriend now❤.

“No,” Michael said, opening his eyes and cupping her face in his hands. “I know
Jenn the Readaholic
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was so angry for Em and absolutely despised Michael and Zoe for the first five chapters of this book. Then the story turned on its side and I was hooked. I had to keep going to figure out what really happened on the night that Em can’t remember! This author did a great job of weaving all of the loose ends together to confirm or deny what I suspected, all while keeping me wondering and hoping for the HEA that Em and Michael deserved. I’ll say this: she didn’t disappoint!
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
**4 1/2 stars**

I was enthralled by The Sound of home from the very beginning.....the reason for that: Em is a violinist (I played as an adult).

At the end of The Road Home, we get a glimpse at Em and a little tidbit of her relationship with Zoe and Michael....it's not until The Sound of Home do we understand their interaction (or lack there of) in TRH.

TSoH brings to the surface all the feelings that Em has dealt with over the past years and how certain events that she experienced in the past hav
Dana
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
**4 1/2 stars**

Cate at Fiction Beer & Cupcakes
This book…OMG…this freaking book. I didn’t think Langley Park could get any better and what do you know it does! Do not miss out on this story of Em and Michael.

Mary Michelle MacCaslin aka Em, grew up next door to Michael McCarron. They grew up taking baths together and their parents were as close as family could be. Both Em and Michael have red hair. Though Em grew up playing the violin in Vienna, London, New York and Tokyo. After graduating from high school Em was supposed to go to Juilliard o
Sandy Blushing Babes Are Up All Night
**4.5 BLUSHES**

Mary Michelle MacCaslin, Em, as she is known to her friends has her whole life ahead of her. She’s a musical prodigy on the piano and violin who’s been wowing audiences all over the world. She’s come home to spend some time with friends before heading off to Julliard. A school where everyone has the same mindset as her – music is LIFE!

Michael MacCarron was the boy next door. He also loves music – spinning as a DJ. Unfortunately, family obligations may curtail his aspirations. He
Valerie
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How can anyone not love this book? I tell you, it’s impossible. From the moment I started reading this book I was hooked. This book read more like a mystery romance and if there’s anything I love is a good mystery. The mystery of just how Em got hurt the night of the party before she was set to start at Juilliard was a mystery that had me hooked from the get go. I couldn’t wrap it around my head that this girl who was a mini adult from such a young age would do something as irresponsible as get ...more
Natasha
Ok where do I start... I'm so in love with this story. Em and Michael have so much to lose and gain. Em is hurt emotionally and physically from her past. Now she is back in Langley Park to assist her father and to deal with the past, the past she so wants to understand.

This story is a lot healing and forgiveness. Michael has loved Em her whole life and has wanted her to know that he is sorry for the past. Yet Em can't seem to grasp the hurt the town left her. As she starts to unravel that night
Barbara Hynes
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC of this book, which I went past by a few days of the due date. My review of this book is definitely 5 stars!!!! I love Em's and Micheal's story for the beginning to the end. I loved how they told childhood memories in trying to remember what happened to Em aka Mary at a party Zoe took her too and Em got injured. The love between Em and Micheal after 12 years and having them fall back in love with one another made me so happy. I love second chances, and they got it. I was a bit shock ...more
S.E. Rose
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Sound of Home by Krista Sandor is Book 2 in the Langley Park Series, and it is a nail biter!
Synopsis: Em McCaslin and Michael
MacCarron spent their childhoods together until a fateful night ruined everything for music prodigy Em. Now, she’s back in town and trying to find out what happened.
This is one wild ride. Krista weaves this mystery with such mastery that you’ll be staying up all night to find out what happened all those years ago. The descriptions of Em’s music and her playing makes
Britney Chavez
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Krista Sandor has done it again, even better this time! Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely loved the first book in the Langley Series but this one, man it is more suspenseful!
I fell in love with Em and Michael. I love best friends/neighbors falling for each other. But when a traffic accident happens to Em, everything changes.
I got a little worried with how Em changed after her accident but was very pleased she found her way back to who she truly is.
Lisa
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another winner

I’m a huge fan of second chance romances but throw in the small town vibe.. even better

The Sound of Home is the second book in the Langley Park Series and was a sweet fun read

The storyline was excellent and engaging. I read this in one sitting. It had the perfect mix of drama, mystery and swoon worthy romance.
The characters were fun and likable. I wish I could climb in these pages and hang out with them

I really enjoyed it and I’m finding that this is becoming one of my favorite se
Cassie
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This Author has a way of delivering the perfect Small town romance with a twist of mystery/suspense. I enjoy that while there is a relationship blooming there is a mystery unraveling. I loved the musical connection in this one, from past to present and all the changes in between. The friendship between Em, Michael and Zoe was strong and while I hated to see it stressed I was thankful it endured through time and hardship. I liked that I could feel the connection with the secondary charac
Danielle Thompson
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a great read to get you out of a reading funk, choose this book. If you’re looking for a quick read with a great story line and some heat, choose this book. The characters were fantastic, and well developed. The story flowed seamlessly and kept me interested the whole time. Before I knew it the clock read 3am and I was finished with the book I had started reading at 10pm. I had never heard of this author before, but I am so glad I grabbed this book!

I received a free copy o
Amy  Crull
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has mystery and romance all wrapped into one. We have a sweet beginning with Em and Michael but then it turns. One nights changes everything for so much many people. Em is still trying to figure out what happened that night. With the help of Michael, they rekindle their romance and put the picture back together. This was a book that has you glued to the last page. I enjoyed it very much!
Elsie Caba
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A second chance at love story and about forgiveness.

When she was a teenager, Em suffered and accident and after that she thought she lost everything she held dear to her, she shut everyone out and was harboring a lot of anger and hate. She left Langley Park but life brings her back.

She reconnects with childhood friend and love Michael and together they find forgiveness, love and family. They were both hurt by the events in the past but were able to find their HEA.
Vanessa Lawford
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and couldn't put it down!!!

There was just the right balance of romance and mystery that worked so well in the story.

I cannot wait to see what comes next.

An ARC was kindly provided in exchange for an honest and voluntary review by Sweet Treats Book Blog 💜
Danielle Robbins
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Sound of Home is book two and I really liked it! It had love, romance and mystery. Em and Michael were perfect together. They had amazing chemistry. I loved them together. Looking forward to reading the next book!
Carolyn
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Must Read

This is a great addition to the Langley Park Series. Mystery, suspense, making amends and lots of hot steamy scenes. I had my suspicions of who the baddies were and was right but it had me questioning my choices and the reasons. A really good mystery.
S.E. Roberts
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely wonderful!! Em and Michael had been in loved for a long time but one night separated them. This is a story of misunderstandings, forgiveness,and a second chance at love. I can NOT wait for the next in the series!!!
Neisha Exeter
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think I read this series out of order however this author has done it again. This book had me captivated from the very beginning. Em and Micheal are just made for each other and I loved reading every second of of their story. Em is an inspirational character and she deserved every bit of happiness that Michael can give her. Simply amazing book. Highly recommended and I will be re-reading it very soon.
Chikap09
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Krista Sandor has done it again and she just keeps getting better and better. The Sound of Home hooks you from the beginning and doesn't let you go!
Em and Michael grew up together as neighbors and pretty much best friends. Each had a crush on the other but neither had the courage to act on it until one night the opportunity presented itself. Then a mysterious tragedy struck and ended up separating them for 12 years. With Em back in Langley Park Michael is determined to do all he can to rekindle
JustALady
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story of Em and Michael is a romance and a mystery. I don’t usually read mysteries however I found this one quite nice. I love that you didn’t know what happened until the end. Watching Em and Michael fall back in love while trying to find out what happened on the night Em was hurt was a engaging and fun story to read. I recommend this book!!
Debra Phiri
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Langley Park is the place I want to go to and make my home! Well as long as I can find me a man like Michael anyway! This place and the people who live there are amazing and pull you into their stories! You root for them, love them, cry for them and laugh with them too!

Em and Michael ha e a history like no other and a mystery is upon them when Em comes home!

Absolutely fantastic read!
Kimberly
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance and mystery read. The characters are good. The story is one of misunderstandings, forgiveness, and second chance at love.

Bonnie
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story with even greater storytelling. A complex story with multiple plots going on at the same time. Em, a world class violinist, as in, play for the queen of England kind of talented violinist, disappeared for eight hours on a night out with friends and was found with her left hand ring finger slashed and couldn’t remember anything that happened, and was unable to play the violin, her life’s dream. She moved to Australia to live with her mother and finally returns to her hometown 12 yea ...more
Misty Goan
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wild ride that is a well written second chance, small town romance that had with a little darker sinister mystery that kept me on the edge of my seat. It included love, angst, steamy hot chemistry, tradgedy, heartache, betrayal, forgiveness and second chances in knowing that you always may not want the truth. The suspense, drama, and romance was amazing.

« previous 1 3 4 next »
Krista Sandor is the author of the sexy standalone LANGLEY PARK series which readers have dubbed “heart-tugging” and containing “palpable love and pain.”

Langley Park (5 books)
  • The Road Home (Langley Park #1)
  • The Beginning of Home (Langley Park #3)
  • The Measure of Home (Langley Park #4)
  • The Story of Home (Langley Park, #5)