Start by marking “Teaching Tenderness (Forever in Middlebury #1)” as Want to Read:
Teaching Tenderness (Forever in Middlebury #1)

Teaching Tenderness

(Forever in Middlebury #1)

Marcus ~
Being a single parent was hard, and something I’d never imagined I’d be. So when my ex-wife abandoned not only me, but our son, my world was on its axis, and I was forced to raise my son Jackson by myself. Unfortunately, trying to balance that fine line as both mother and father, as well as work full-time, was something I failed at… miserably. My world centered on
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 292 pages
Published March 10th 2018 by Brittany Cournoyer

To ask other readers questions about Teaching Tenderness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teaching Tenderness

Jennifer☠Pher☠
Mar 22, 2018 marked it as not-gonna-be-able-to-do-it
I'm throwing in the towel on this one. The writing is not working for me at all. The dialogue is borderline juvenile and inappropriate and keeps taking me out of the story.

Just not my cup of tea.

DNF 34%
⚣Michaelle⚣
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
2.9 Stars

So, I wanted to like this more but the characters were hard to connect with; I liked that Marcus didn't dither about his sudden attraction to a guy and did his best to parent Jackson alone, but he was so generic it hurt...and Anthony was kind of annoying. Plus, there were some inconsistencies and oddities that irritated me (see notes & highlights).

I did like that it had an unexpected Christmas scene, which meant I could use it for my BINGO Free Space option. That happy little accide
Claude
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet Sexy and Fun 💖. Marcus and Anthony 😍 This is a GFY! No unnecessary drama. Smooth walk till the end! Just read it!
Line
Oct 28, 2018 marked it as probably-not-but-freebie
Freebie at amazon.com right now: https://smile.amazon.com/Teaching-Ten...
SoCalBookReviews
Shelves: arc-books
This book was Cute! I really enjoyed reading it.
Clueless Single Dad Marcus. Hot Teacher Anthony. Cute Kid Jackson. Sweet story of single dad Marcus who has never been with a guy before and Anthony his sons teacher becoming friends as Anthony helps tutor Jackson in his extra free time. After some time the two men start dating and then progress into falling in love. There was also just the right amount of family (Ex) drama thrown in. With Marcus ex crazy wife showing back up. And Anthony’s cheati
Xanthe
What a wonderful story!
I really enjoyed this book and the lightness of it despite the couple of darker moments experienced by Marcus and Jackson. Anthony is their perfect balance; Marcus who needs a loving and faithful partner and Jackson who needs a present and caring friend.
I found it a little hard to believe how quickly Marcus accepted Anthony as someone he was attracted to but the pace and setting of the book made it come across as believable. It would have been nice to have some secondary c
Lisa
3.5*

I really enjoyed the MCs in this story and I feel bad about only rating it a 3.5 it lost half a star for the over use of the word dude that's just a personal preference. I hate the word dude and unless your a 20 year old surfer then it should not be used. It lost another star because despite the fact I enjoyed the MCs a lot I just found it dragged a bit in places. It took almost 40% before anything happened and then bang they are boyfriends. I think it could have been less drawn out. Its an
Patrice Leonard
May 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 35%

I just can't with this one...
So many winks, and "Dude", and ugh...just everything!
Anthony was a teacher who swore up and down that the kids he taught meant everything to him and then proceeded on several occasions to call them "little shits" among other things and often inner dialogs to himself about how he can't be bothered with them or doesn't care what they do in class as long as it doesn't bother him. There are so many reasons I wouldn't recommend this one.
I DID, thought really li
Chris Kottner-Kirschner
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 von 5*

Marcus ist allein erziehender Vater wider Willen. Seit seine Frau Rebecca ihn und den gemeinsamen Sohn Jackson verlassen hat, kümmert er sich alleine um den Jungen. Dabei fällt es ihm nicht immer Leicht Jacksons Bedürfnissen gerecht zu werden und verliert auch manchmal den Fokus. Denn Jackson hat Probleme in der Schule, die Marcus so gar nicht wahrgenommen hat. Zudem verliert Marcus sich oft in seiner Arbeit und der Karriere, dass er gemeinsame, wichtige Termine vergisst.

Jacksons Lehre
Becca
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not a bad book at all. Something about the kids seem to strike a chord with me. Maybe because I'm a mom. But my heart was with Jackson this whole book. With what he went through and was still going through…..yeah, he was it for me.

Marcus is still struggling. Since his ex, Rebecca left him and abandoned Jackson, he's been struggling, and work is becoming too much. It's affecting Jackson but Marcus isn't aware. Not until he goes and picks Jackson up from school and overhears a conversation between
LauraSt
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
2.5 STARS

One of my favorite authors promoted this book and I decided to give it a try because 1) cover 2) blurb was really interesting.
Sadly, although this book had a lot of potential, it didn’t totally reach it, it was extremely fast paced, I felt really disconnected from everything that was happening, I couldn’t really latch on to the characters emotions and feelings.
Also, a LOT of little spelling issues/typos, which really bothered me while I was reading. And lastly, it just felt to HEA-ish
Jo
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku, m-m
This story contained a bit too much insta love for my liking..
Bambi Teague
Mar 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not for me.
Finished this but it was hard. Very predictable. The MC's both while not written as effeminate males at times read as female. The ages of the two MC's and the one MC's son as they are written really need some revision. They all act much younger. All the Dude, dude, Dude? I also can not see a grown man calling his son sweetie and baby. And I can't see a 12 year old accepting being called that either.
D.
Nov 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
(DNF @ 64%) i wanted to get into this so badly but the writing was just so unnatural & the dialogue was even worse
Lee Quail
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marcus Anderson's wife, Rebecca, suddenly leaves him and their dyslexic son, Jackson, for another man. Married for ten years, Marcus is shoved, quite unprepared, into the Single Parent category, which he handles superbly. Of-course, to me, this label is in itself sexy enough to get my hormones racing like any formula one engine at Monaco. Marcus copes with this sudden upheaval by diving into his work, and who wouldn't? It happens every day. The problems surface three years later; Jackson has bec ...more
Amy Dufera
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Teaching Tenderness is the first book I have read by Brittany Cournover. What a pleasant surprise! I will definitely be checking out more of her work.

Marcus is currently a single dad, as his ex-wife left a few years ago. Marcus loves his son, Jackson, more than anything, but he struggles with juggling his career and having time for Jackson. He is heart-broken when he realizes how little time he has invested in his son's life recently.

Anthony is currently Jackson's teacher, and he wants to figu
Megan
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two men with only a little boy in common...or so they think. Marcus feels like a failure of a single father but would never go back to a two-parent home if it meant having a wife like his ex. He's struggling to know and support his son and can't seem to find a balance between work and home anymore. When his son struggles enough to catch the attention of his teacher he'll find a shock of his own when they meet. Anthony has a soft spot for the little brat, Jackson. And when he meets his father it ...more
Ruth Evans
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fantastic read!

I read this book after I read book two so I can honestly say read this one first. These books are so well written that you can read them as stand alone books but I can't see why you would they are great.
Anthony has been let down by love before and a straight man is not the way to go. Being good at his job means caring and he wants to he!p Jackson.
Marcus well what can you say about him. He's a dad doing the best he can to bring his son up right. When he meets his teacher Marcus r
Terri
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Marcus and his twelve year old son Jackson loved each other, but they were struggling three years after being abandoned by Jackson's mom Rebecca. Jackson was having problems at school, and Marcus was too busy with a demanding job to notice. Thankfully, Jackson had Anthony for a teacher, and Anthony was the key to making everything better for the father and son.
This was a great story, and I really enjoyed it. I loved the three main characters, as well as Marcus' assistant and Anthony's mother. I
Jennifer Reilley
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
First off I want to say I really enjoyed this book. The men were sweet and caring and throw in an awesome child. What more could you want?

Marcus is a single dad that is the head of the company he works for. He is a workaholic and missing out on time with his son, Jackson, and more importantly missing what is going on in life.

Anthony is Jacksons teacher. When Anthony and Marcus meet under some dire circumstances they have an instant connection.

They have some some things to work through (now I'm n
Cee Brown
💞💕💞Great start to a new series.💞💕💞

I love sweet, happy ever afters and this was it. Marcus and Anthony. Two men who would have not met had it not been for Marcus's son Jackson. Marcus and Jackson became a broken family when Marcus's wife decided to walk out on them three years prior. Marcus became more of a workaholic and hence missed what was going on in his once happy son's life.

Anthony, two years post a bad relationship was more than happy to be a teacher. It came across whenever he wanted to
Joelle
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was drawn to this book because of the teacher/parent relationship and the fact that Anthony would be the one to help Jackson. When I started reading the book, I fell for sweet Jackson but fell harder for Anthony. Marcus took a little bit to grow on me but once he realized how he had messed up by working so much and took steps to fix it, I really started to like him. He and Anthony made a good couple. I liked their one on one moments as much as I liked their time with Jackson.

Jackson did seem a
Helen
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
*arc received in exchange for an honest review*

This was an exceptionally cute story. I love the parent falls in love with teacher trope and I especially love the added research into dyslexia that Cournoyer did for this novel. Marcus and Anthony were great characters that I really did bond with and I’m glad when they had their drama situations they talked through them rather than storming off like other stories tend to do. It showed their maturity levels and I loved both of their chemistry with t
Michele
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Marcus has been unsuccessfully balancing work with his role as a single parent to 12 year old Jackson. He gets a wakeup call when his son’s English teacher reveals that Jackson is close to failing and has been skipping school. Mr. A (Anthony) can tell Marcus is devastated by how clueless he’s been as a parent. He offers extra tutoring sessions instead of detention to help Jackson turn his grades around.

Despite early misgivings (and bad past romantic experiences), Marcus and Anthony’s tentative f
Jacey Jeffrey
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book by this new to me author!!! Marcus is a single, workaholic dad to a great kid named Jackson. He works so much that he is missing out on what is going on in Jackson's life. Anthony is Jackson's teacher. He has a soft spot for Jackson and offers to tutor him to get him caught back up in school. What neither Marcus and Anthony bargained on was the intense instant attraction they had for each other. There are bumps along the way but their love for each other gets them thro ...more
Beth
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heartwarming and touching

I really enjoyed this story about a man finding his way back to his son and finding love again. I liked the integral role the son plays in the storyline...he’s not just a prop. The story arc moves a little slowly and the character development is a bit uneven but nothing that detracts horribly from the story.

The book would benefit from better editing/proofreading. Some errors really made the story confusing and I hate anything that takes my head out of a story.
Levi
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-romance
This is an other book written for sale purposes only. There isn't anything i liked in this book except the kid who has a really bad karma.
The MCs both of them are egoist. Marcus is a joke of a father, no wonder she left him while Anthony is a selfish man with no shame at all. ( blaming your ex that you had have sex with him is the most disturbing thing i ever read).
Its a DNF and i returned the book without finishing.
It's clear that the author doesn't have the simplest knowledge about gays, or de
DTM
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars...This was a cute, sweet, sexy story with a bit of angst..Yes, you have to suspend belief just a bit because it is GFY and it happens quickly, but it does make sense.. It was totally ok with me!!...I did just that and enjoyed it...I loved the relationship Anthony had with Marcus' son, Jackson, and how it brought Marcus so much closer to Jackson as well...I loved Jackson!! I enjoyed it and I'm going to read the second book, Teaching Trust, next.
Ann
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the story, the plot was well thought out and executed, the characters worked well together and were well balanced, but the finishing was disappointing. There were just so many small typos which for me are real distractions and spoiled my enjoyment of what should have been a really good book.
And yes, I know I was reading a review copy but on comparing to what is live on Amazon using the look inside feature, it appears that this is the version which has been uploaded.
Delphia Baisden
A heart-warming, sweet story about a single father who falls in love with his son’s teacher. I loved that, though Marcus had previously been straight until he met Anthony, he didn’t struggle over too much angst about falling for another man. Also loved that Anthony, being the more experienced partner, wasn’t written as perfect. Both men are written very human, as well as Marcus’ son. Very enjoyable, lighthearted read and I can’t wait for the next installment!

• Brave for You (Oahu Lovers, #1)
  • Telling Jase
  • Paper Hearts (Veterans Affairs, #2)
  • Reclaim (Under My Skin #3)
  • Shooting the Curl
  • Prince's Desires
  • Winter Blom (Ashe Sentinel Connections, #4)
  • Inestimable Blessings
  • Making Ends Meet
  • My Fair Dork (Men of Holsum College, #8)
  • Love You More
  • Mr. Popsalos (Mr. Popsalos, #1)
  • The Ballerino and the Biker (The Hedonist, #1)
  • Ears, Eggs and Bunnies (A Matter of Time, #6.5)
  • Sand & Water
  • Love Life & Circumstance
  • Color of You
  • The Marann

Forever in Middlebury (3 books)
  • Teaching Trust (Forever in Middlebury #2)
  • Teaching Truthfulness (Forever in Middlebury, #3)