Start by marking “Love at the Edge of Seventeen” as Want to Read:
Love at the Edge of Seventeen

Love at the Edge of Seventeen

Featuring: M.T. DeSantis, A.E. Hayes, Serena Jayne, Cara McKinnon, Mary Rogers, and Kylie Weisenborn.

It's never easy to go through the fraught transition into adulthood, but the teens in this short story anthology have more to deal with than most: super powers, magic, illness, and prejudice against sexual orientation and gender identity. Fortunately, they all find love at
ebook
Published May 1st 2018 by Stars and Stone Books

To ask other readers questions about Love at the Edge of Seventeen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love at the Edge of Seventeen

Start your review of Love at the Edge of Seventeen
Dora Okeyo
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
You can't help but reminisce your teenage years when you read the stories in this anthology. There are a variety of themes highlighted in each story and what I found quite refreshing was that the characters, despite the challenges, were all able to find their ways towards resolutions. Thank you NetGalley for the eARC, fans of YA would love this short collection.
Christine
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Some of these stories I enjoyed but then the others really annoyed me so brought down the overall rating for me. Be Null My Heart and Dead Man’s Party were my two favorites in this collection. Both stories I would love as stand alone because it wouldn’t be so rushed and have more detail. I have both of those 4 Stars. My 3 Stars in this collection are Three Jagged Pieces, Her First Fever and The Crayon Thief. They weren’t bad stories but they’re nothing to really hold onto either. Now I Am was ro ...more
Taryn
May 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
For a breakdown of the 6 stories:
1- ⭐
2- ⭐⭐⭐.1/2 By far my favorite.
3- ⭐⭐
4- ⭐ DNF
5- ⭐ DNF
6- ⭐ DNF
allieereads
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
OVERALL RATING: 4/5

On the Edge of Seventeen is a young adult anthology with stories from Cara McKinnon, M.T. DeSantis, A. E. Hayes, Serena Jayne, Mary Rogers and Kylie Weisenborn. It’s a collection which intends to depict the chaotic transition into adulthood. Not only does it do so with magic and superpowers, but at its core, it deals with significant issues of sexuality, gender, identity and of course, love at the edge of seventeen.

Overall, I quite enjoyed this anthology, but there were some s
Lucy Saunders
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At first, I wasn't sure how I'd like this book - I'm not a big YA fan, and I'm not big into paranormal stories (there are two in this anthology) - but I was very pleasantly surprised. There is truly a mixture of something for everybody in here. The stand-out stories in this collection are, by far, A.E. Hayes's "Her First Fever" and Cara McKinnon's "Three Jagged Pieces." Those are two solid five-star stories with complex themes and not-so-common tropes. Yes, they may go BACK to former tropes in l ...more
Anya
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
3*/5*
Love at the Edge of Seventeen is an anthology of YA romance stories, each very unique with different themes.
Cara McKinnon's novella 'Three Jagged Pieces' was by far my favourite in the anthology focusing on sexuality. It follows the story of Ava, Noah, and Sam as they each battle with their feelings for each other and is a very refreshing take on the classic love triangle trope so often found in YA stories.
Another standout story for me was 'Her First Fever' by A.E. Hayes. I don't want to go
Shreya
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arcs
Thank you to NetGalley for providing me an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I have conflicting feelings about this book. On one hand, I like romance stories to be resolved, but on the other hand, I like short stories to leave something for me to think about. Most of the stories here felt like mini-novels, and because they were short stories, the pacing and character development would always feel a little bit off, since they had to accomplish the goal of a novel in the space limit of a short
Carrie
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A mix of shorter and longer stories and one novella, and tones ranging from lighthearted and fun to serious and emotional. There's something for everyone, whether you like straight, realistic contemporary stories or paranormal/superheroes.
Mary Boland-Doyle
As I am one of the authors in this book, I think reviewing it would be coarse, but I loved everyone's stories. What a lovely collection of writers to work with.
Justine
A variety of stories offered in the anthology. It has a bit of everything: contemporary, superheroes, and fantasy-magic. It has stories that’ll make you feel nostalgic and smile feel seventeen again.
DB  (DB's Guide to the Galaxy)
Review to come
Heather
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the YA anthology. The Crayon Thief and Dead Mans Party were among my favorites but each story had something different to offer.
tricia
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not what I expected. Not my type of book. I like depth to my stories, and length. I did not get that from these short stories. I didn’t even finish the whole thing.
Maria Casey
Katie
Nov 29, 2019
Sanne
Jul 17, 2020
Cara McKinnon has been writing magical stories since age five, when she penned a gripping tale about a unicorn couple--her first foray into fantasy romance. Cara is a graduate of the Seton Hill University Writing Popular Fiction MFA program, which she recommends to all genre writers. She lives in Western Maryland with her husband, two children, and an oversized lapdog named Jake.

News & Interviews