Start by marking “Windfall” as Want to Read:
Windfall

Windfall

Classical linguist Joseph “Grimm” Jaeger may be neither well-known nor well-liked among his peers at his university, but he does have his own office. That’s a cold comfort, sometimes, between his crushing workload and his tyrannical boss, but Grimm has a long of history of making do with what he has. He’s just not always so good at holding onto it.

When his boss springs a
Published February 28th 2018 by Slightly Rude Books

To ask other readers questions about Windfall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Windfall

Nick DePalma
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! The characters are all fully formed, interesting people that you would actually want to know. You get incredibly attached through the insight the author provides, to the point where you can't help but root for them while also wanting to shout at them for their believable hangups. It's not normally my genre but I couldn't stop reading. Great characters, a believable and intriguing story, and fun banter.
Queerly Reads
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book came into my life at a time when I both needed, and desperately wanted, something like it. It’s more than I could have ever hoped for.

The dialogue, setting, and plot are excellently written. The world, from the settings to the situations of the characters, was fleshed-out and intense, adding a great deal to the plot and reading experience.

The references to post-graduate academia, and the characters’ areas of expertise in general, are conversational but solid. They not only held up, but
Terry
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this book. I think I've been looking for something like it for a long, long time...and even so, it went far above and beyond my expectations, time after time. Within a day of finishing it, I started it over—and was immediately moved all over again, even more than I had been the first time. The reread value's through the roof on this one.

The only part of the summary that I'd criticize is the descriptor "fast-paced," because to me, this was a brilliant example of a "slow burn,"
Ansa Copeland
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The story is simple, relatable, and also deeply compelling. I'm looking forward to the sequel!
stew emoji
Every time I re-read this book I get a lil' miffed at my Past Self for robbing Present & Future Self of the opportunity to experience it for the first time ever again. What a jerk.
Kathryn
Mar 23, 2018
Maya Milo
Mar 11, 2018
Ellis Wayland
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mar 09, 2019
Michelle
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book worked so well as literary fiction and as an achingly tender, passionate, slow-burning romance. Of the hundreds of MM romances I have read, this one is probably my favorite, and I am so hopeful that other readers will discover this book. Grimm and Key are such beautiful characters—obstinate, brilliant, complex, generous—and their love for each other is both honest and hard-won. The supporting cast is terrific, too (please, kind universe, give us Red’s story).
Erin
Hannah Lewis
Jan 19, 2019
Luka
Apr 15, 2019
Writer of slightly fantastical literary fiction and slightly literary fantasy. Queer is magical, Texas is home.

-Five stars: this book moved me to the point that I have undertaken a study of it and feel new joy and wonder each time I pick it up to read again.

-Four stars: damn, this was a good book that made me think.

-Three stars: a perfectly fine story that I'll probably re-read sometime.

-Two star