Start by marking “First Mate's Accidental Wife (In the Stars; Gypsy Moth, #1)” as Want to Read:
First Mate's Accidental Wife (In the Stars; Gypsy Moth, #1)

First Mate's Accidental Wife

(Gypsy Moth #1)

It was supposed to be a simple mission. Locate a kidnapper’s vessel. Rescue the woman. Return her home. Collect a reward.
Instead, the First Mate of the Gypsy Moth finds himself married to a galactic crime lord’s daughter and fighting off those that would make her a widow.

Busy watching his back, while keeping her safe, Damon misses the deadliest attack of all. The one on
Published April 10th 2018 by Eve Langlais

To ask other readers questions about First Mate's Accidental Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Mate's Accidental Wife

Madison Warner Fairbanks
First Mate’s Accidental Wife by Eve Langlais

Science fiction romance on the humorous side. First in a series although it is littered with references to characters in other series by the same author. It had me looking a few up a couple of times to confirm. You don’t need to have read any of the others to fully enjoy this adventure into space.

Filled with wry humorous remarks on earth customs, norms or commercial products.
“Then again, once upon a time, humans had five toes. The fifth one being utt
Monica
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I read both audible and ebook. I'll go ahead and put both reviews here.

Book:
This doesnt have the same feel as her earlier work that I enjoy. Like her Lion's Pride and Kodiak Point and a couple other series that were earlier. I have read some of her more recent and she's probably shifted a little in her writing and has changed it up a little. We just get so used to how an author writes and we expect it all the time. They change their styles like we change genres I am sure. I'll be honest and say
Riley
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance, humor
I read Eve Langlais for the laughs. Not because I want a complex plot or an intense love story. Just the laughs. In The First Mate’s Accidental Wife, there are plenty of fish/squid/sushi jokes about the Kanishqui, the alien race the heroine Mishi is rescued from. Also, believe it or not, the universe is crazy for chocolate, which I find to be both silly and obvious. But the banter between Mishi and First Mate rescuer Damon, was the best. They start off antagonizing each other and end up merely i ...more
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
This uses a interesting trope. The rescue is in danger of failing but if they marry all will work out. Michi is ready to be rescued and eager to marry. Damon on the other hand knows he does not want to be married. It was fun to watch the two interact. The dialog keeps the fun going. I listened to this as an audio book and through the narrator missed playing up the humor. I did enjoy seeing Michi and Damon and liked the hint about the next book that showed up at the end.
Dawn Brower
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it

Quick enjoyable read. I read it pretty quick while the power was out in my house and I desperately needed entertainment...Eve didn't disappoint :)
Gizzie
This is a fast paced read about a feisty Princess and a reluctant pirate. Very enjoyable.
Nancy Wege
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At first I thought it was just going to be a variation on the same story – girl stows away on space ship, is discovered, fights with the crew, falls in love with a member of the crew, etc. There’s nothing wrong with those stories, and I highly enjoy them - but Eve Langlais has managed to add a new twist!!

Damon accompanies his Captain on a visit to another ship. His job is to locate and retrieve a kidnapped female. Michonne is the daughter of a crime lord, and the Captain has been hired to rescu
TINNGG
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
well... Ok then.

I confess, there is a trope that is often used in futuristic/fantasy/time travel sorts where the "H"(and I use that term loosely), through chicanery gets the h in a position where she's considered married to him and thus subject to his laws, such as they are, and I hate it. Because every damned time it happens, the h is forced to give up everything she knows and is expected to just...get over it...because he's so hawt. (eyeroll).

And while I'm not in favor of the reverse happening
Jan
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Michonne or Michi has been kidnapped and the “Gypsy Moth” has been sent to go rescue her. Damon is the First Mate of the Gypsy Moth and it’s his job to find and bring her back. But on the way rescuing her things take a slight turn. Let me start off by saying the book is like a combination of “Princess Bride meets Shrek.” LOL You have a damsel in distress and a hero. But with both stories, it is never as it seems.

Damon does not want a wife. He enjoys being the First Mate and a bit of a pirate. A
Fly Girl Wickedcoolflight blogger
To read the whole review, check it out here:https://wickedcoolflight.net/2018/11/...

This is the first space odyssey romance I’ve read by Eve, but as usual I’m glad I started this series. I listened the audio versions and they were short novellas. You won’t miss the fact that they aren’t long epic novels.

The first book is a great introduction to the Gypsy Moth crew, ship, and missions. I really like how the marriage of convenience comes about. This one is full of laughs as they try to maneuver t
Stéphanie
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first book from her new series, Gypsy Moth, First Mate's Accidental Wife is exactly what I've come to expect from Eve Langlais. A fast paced sci-fi romance with lovable characters and hilariously crazy situations.

In this story, First Mate Damon and his captain of the Gyspy Moth are hired to rescue a wealthy heiress from a tentacle aliens. However, one thing leads to another and Damon finds himself married to this heiress. Michonne has been waiting to be abducted ever since she can recall bu
Karin
Gypsy Moth Book One.

Michonne has been kidnapped by a Kanishqui and will soon be married to him. Damon is on a mission to free the daughter of his captain's friend, but when he finds Michonne they are trapped. Thinking quickly, Michi performs the mating ceremony of her people without informing Damon. Back on his ship, Damon is resistant to the change in his status and his relationship with this stranger. However, seeing her relationship with his shipmates quickly changes his mind.

If you're lookin
Diane Selander- maglioli
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Surprise Marriage

When a rescue turns desperate and Damon finds the only way out is to pretend he's married to the woman he was tasked with to rescue, things aren't as cut and dried as he thinks. In his haste to free Michi from her unwanted betrothed, he repeats a line she asks him to say, and unbeknownst to him when she bites his bottom lip, he is now married to her for real according to Dkar tradition. The story is filled with emotional turmoil, exciting rescues, sexy encounters and an enormous
Melanie S
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fast, funny, and fabulous e-vacay!

I just enjoyed the most charmingly funny SF romance - First Mate's Accidental Wife by Eve Langlais. I haven't chuckled and giggled like this in a long time. Damon is a hero cast in the Harrison Ford/Han Solo mold, while Michonne is just perfect as the innocent little venus fly trap that attracts hm into inescapable peril. And has him loving it! This is a quick afternoon's read, a delightful break from the daily grind, and a better tonic than anything ever poured
Angela Lover  of all Books No Matter How Horrid They Are ❤❂☠
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

I liked this story. I enjoyed Michonne. She could not fathom how all her sisters found amazing males but she is reduced to having someone who just seems so.. average. Damon was not trying to marry anyone and Michonne is someone that he refuses to accept. I loved their banter and I enjoyed all of the shenanigans that they got into. I cannot wait to see what happens with the Cyborg in The Cyborg's Stowaway: In the Stars Romance.
Kbird
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it
So many overplayed cliches!

The alpha H is a huge rake: “stuck with one vagina forever. It seemed worse in some respects than a prison sentence.”

The h is a very sheltered virgin: “I am ready for my deflowering!”

The world building felt forced, and the romance was just weird.

I am a huge fan of space suspense / romance novels, which is the only reason I am giving a 3 and not a 2. I’m holding out hope that the world/galaxy that was portrayed here gets a worthy romance novel in future EL books.
Jessica
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Damon is everything you love about Han Solo, Starlord, and Lone Starr… except that he’s not the captain of his own ship, a shortcoming that Michi points out. Even so, he’s sexy, confident, funny and competent, and I love every time he referes to the mob boss’ daughter as “princess”.

The book was a quick read, but even so there was time to introduce us to lots of different species and a few very interesting settings. Langlais definitely transported me away on a fun sci-fi adventure, while deliveri
JodyL
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book was cute and entertaining. Damon is sent by the captain to rescue Michonne while he distracted the people who kidnapped her. They had issues as they tried to escape. Michonne then decided to "help" by making him her husband. This marriage is irreversible unless by his death. Follow along with the antics theses participate in as he tries to figure out how to annul the marriage while she tries to get him to stay. She also is a princess so she doesn't obey very well.

I enjoyed the book and
Toni Galligan
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun, fast paced and entertaining. I really enjoyed how the leads in this book came together. Somehow Eve manages to make highly entertaining romances that keep me turning the page to see what comes next. I liked that there were references to other books including Milhail and Rafe, cyborgs and other kidnapping aliens. I feel like I can always count on something humorous and engaging when I read books by Eve Langlais and this book delivers. Glad that there will be more to come in this series.
Miranda Beazley
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Damon was just supposed to rescue a damsel in distress, kidnaped and held at ransom. Instead he somehow ends up married to Michi.

I short story and a wonderful start to this new series by Ms Langlais. A Sci-Fi adventure I devoured. The bad boy and the prissy little princess these two test each other at every turn, arguing and disagreeing for the most part. The saying “there’s a fine line between love and hate” is true for this story.
Betty
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First Mate's Accidental Wife :In The Stars Romance(GypsyMoth Book 1) by Eve LANGAIS

A cute novella by Eve LANGAIS only complaint is that it's way to short ,I was thought enjoying reading the book and it seemed over before u knew it. Hopefully the next addition to the series ,Cyborgs Stow away will be longer. So enjoy Eve's wonderful sense of humor and colorful characters!!!
Teon
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Not my favorite.

This is Eve Langlais diet version. Serious they are married in 3 sentences of meeting each other and in love 1/2 a day later. Little dialogue. Minor society/world building. This is what you read when you are desperate. I will definitely go find some real Eve Langlais to erase this from my mind.
Emily Lindsey
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A cute, fast read.

Michi and Damon have a funny story. She is privileged and seems kind of loopy, but she knows what she wants. Damon. For his part, Damon fights the inevitable, and their interactions are funny. I loved this story because of the characters but also because of the unique world building and the story that reads so fluidly. It was fun, give it a shot!

ellen symonds
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Meeting the love of your life the hard way!

A handsome young man meets a lovely young lady who has been kidnapped. Does he rescue her? Of course he does. Does he then marry her? Oh dear. That's when the trouble starts.
Darnell MR Hart
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love at second Bite

This was a wonderful amalgamation of the alien worlds. It was a true story of new beginnings for Damon and Michonne. They must learn to work together to get everything they desire.
Angel
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story

Absolutely loved this story. Eve always deliver fantastic stories and this was superb. Kidnapping, wedding, guns, wow absolutely fantastic.

Can't wait for the second story in this series
მოყ
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
This was not my fav from EL but it was ok. Its wasn't the laugh out loud that I'm used to, but I haven't read much of her more recent stuff. I like the h/H they were cute and kinda funny but I didn't really love anything about this one.
Suzanne Gandolfi-lapham
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another cute offering from Eve Langlais. Love her space stories. 3 1/2 stars off to book 2
Cora
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute, but I wish it was longer.
Roos
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
just as cheesy as the title
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Crashed on an Ice World (The Phoenix Adventures #9)
  • The Awakening (Sapient Salvation #2)
  • For Her Pleasure
  • Sky Raiders (Sky Raiders, #1)
  • Trident's Forge (Children of a Dead Earth, #2)
  • Zakota (Star Guardians, #5)
  • Rebellious Prince (Captured by a Dragon-Shifter, #2)
  • Act of Brotherhood (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #6)
  • Shamara (Shielder, #3)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to ali

Gypsy Moth (3 books)
  • The Cyborg's Stowaway (In the Stars; Gypsy Moth, #2)
  • The Captain's Secret Daughter (In the Stars; Gypsy Moth, #3)
“Do you mind?” the stranger snapped. “I’m here to rescue you.” Michonne—Michi for short—stared at the man rubbing his chest. “Who are you?” Other than ridiculously handsome with dark hair and blue eyes. “Your fucking knight in shining armor.” 0 likes
“Maybe your father doesn’t like you as much as his other daughters,” he muttered. She blinked. “Are you implying my father dislikes me and is intentionally botching my rescue?” “Are you calling me shitty at my job?” He raised a brow in her direction. She clamped her lips tight.” 0 likes