Start by marking “The Last Time I Saw You” as Want to Read:
The Last Time I Saw You

The Last Time I Saw You

The internationally bestselling author of The Last Mrs. Parrish follows that success with an addictive novel filled with shocking twists about the aftermath of a brutal high-society murder.

Dr. Kate English has it all. Not only is she the heiress to a large fortune; she has a gorgeous husband and daughter, a high-flying career, and a beautiful home anyone would envy.

But all
Published May 7th 2019 by Harper

Chelsea Humphrey
Apr 24, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Dennis
RTC...

Pleased to announce that this is our #ScaredSuspenseBookClub choice for the month of May! We will be posting on our instagram account (@scaredsuspensebookclub) throughout the month, but our final discussion will take place on Monday, May 27. Hope you can join us! <3

description
Deanna

My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

2.75 Stars

Life seems to be going very well for Dr. Kate English. She has a wonderful husband, a lovely daughter, and a great career. But things change after her mother is found brutally murdered. Kate had just been considering what to get her mother for Christmas and now she’s planning her funeral. She can’t comprehend why someone would want to hurt her kind, wonderful mother.

Kate and her best friend, Blaire Barrington haven
j e w e l s
TWO STARS
Please…don’t shoot the messenger! Waaaaaaah! I loved the Constantine’s THE LAST MRS. PARRISH and couldn’t wait to read their newest offering. THE LAST MRS. PARRISH is campy, delicious fun with two ultra-devious women trying to out maneuver each other for the affections of Mr. Parrish.

THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU consists of this:

First 1/3: Slow, yet confusing- why so many characters?

Second 1/3 : Repetitive, boring. Kate, our main character, is repeatedly “haunted” by scary texts from her mot
Linda
Okay.......so let's sort this one out.

The Last Time I Saw You opens with a dying woman. She's face down on a marble floor. Gotta be some money involved here. We feel the life slowly seeping out of her. The circumstances around this tragic scene have yet to be revealed. The light fades and so does our victim.

Enter Dr. Kate English, a pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon, who sits in complete shock upon hearing about the death of her mother, Lily Michaels. She and Lily were so close. Her father, Dr. H
Suzanne Leopold (Suzy Approved Book Reviews)
Kate English is coping with the death of her mother who was recently murdered in her home. Lily’s death was a shock to her quiet Baltimore community because she was so highly regarded. A few days after her death, Kate begins to receive horrible threats against her family. Security and surveillance are brought into her home but these threats proceed to unsettle her life.

During the funeral, her childhood friend Blaire comes from New York City to comfort Kate, and their relationship is reignited.
Lindsay - Traveling Sister
2.5 stars. A little too much for me.

Kate and Blaire haven’t spoken in years. They used to be best friends, Kate’s wealthy family always including Blaire in their family gatherings and summer vacations. After Kate’s mother is murdered, Kate reaches out to Blaire who immediately drops everything to come back into Kate’s life to support her friend in a time of need. Blaire, now a famous author, starts her own investigation into what happened to Kate’s mother. As she digs deeper into Kate’s life, sh
Nilufer Ozmekik
Two disappointing,frustrating,booooriiiinnnnggg stars!

As soon as I found out Last Mrs. Parrish’s author wrote a new mystery, I got excited and could not wait to start it. But after a few pages, I still got lost! There was too much drama about rich people’s lives, too many nonsense characters and our main character Kate got spooky text messages over and over like a never ending nightmare or dejavu. I thought I’m watching one episode of Young and Restless instead of reading a thriller!

So I left t
marilyn
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
Author Blaire Barrington and doctor Kate English were best friends until Kate's wedding, when Blaire and Kate fought and Blaire was replaced as Kate's maid of honor. They have nothing to do with each other until years later when Kate's mother, Lily, is brutally murdered. Kate and Blaire had been such close friends that they spent holidays and weekends together and during their last year of high school, Blaire lived with Kate's rich family. So when Kate's mother is murdered, Kate reaches out to B ...more
Holly  B
I was super excited to read this mystery/thriller after reading the synopsis, but sadly it was just an okay read for me.

The beginning and the set-up of the premise was intriguing and the pace was was working until it didn't.  I was hoping for more character development with more interesting characters. The protagonist became annoying with too much over the top reactions to the ongoing situations.

There really was too much repetitiveness and too many suspects to really add to the overall conclusio
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews

A dead body, a threatening text, dead animals with a child’s nursery rhyme attached, more threatening texts and packages, the return of a long-lost friend, and a confused, frightened family await the reader in THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU.

Who could have murdered lovable, charitable Lily? Why did Lily want to change her will a few days before she was murdered?

We follow heiress, Dr. Kate English, and her family as they grieve and are guarded by private investigators at their home.

We also find out that
Brenda - Traveling Sister
3.5 Stars

Lindsay my reading sister and I read this one with a group of our IG friends and also with a few of our Traveling sisters it made for such an entertaining and fun discussion.

The Last Time I Saw You is an easy to follow, fast-paced escape read that I flew through in two sittings. The unreliable characters along with the twists and turns had me pointing my finger at a few suspects here in this whodunnit mystery. I enjoyed chatting with our friends as we discussed who picked up on those l
Amy
May 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was a little late to the party with Constantine’s debut, The Last Mrs. Parrish and I had kind of put it off because it was so hyped up and I didn’t want to be underwhelmed. I ended up really liking it and was fairly certain I would like this one as well, the premise sounded good, nothing groundbreaking, but I was interested for sure. Unfortunately this one just work for me and I found myself sorely disappointed in the end. I will admit it was a weirdly fast read for me, I think I kept expectin ...more
Katie B

Well, I didn't have quite the same good reading experience with this one as I did with The Last Mrs. Parrish. I think I would have enjoyed this one more as a novella rather than full- length book because the longer the story dragged on, the less I cared if something bad happened to the main character.

Dr. Kate English is devastated when she finds out her mother Lily was brutally murdered. Even though Kate has been estranged from her childhood friend Blaire for years, she still reaches o
ABookwormWithWine
⭐⭐⭐⭐ / 5

I really enjoyed The Last Mrs. Parrish so I went into The Last Time I Saw You by Liv Constantine expecting to enjoy it as well, and lucky for me, I did!!

What it's about: Dr. Kate English has a gorgeous home, an adorable daughter, a lucrative career, and an extremely handsome husband named Simon. But none of these things can protect her when her mother is found murdered in her home, and Kate seems to be next. Kate reaches out to her estranged best friend, Blaire Barrington, who rushes ba
Kim ~ Traveling Sister
This is one of my most anticipated reads so far this year! I have literally wanted to read this since the day I finished The Last Mrs. Parrish. I was over the moon excited to get my hands on an early copy as you can imagine. You know the book, the one you receive and you keep staring at it on your bookshelf wanting to devour it, running your hands over the cover, reading the first couple pages! Yet you know you should wait closer to publication date even though you can hardly stand it! Yep that ...more
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
The Last Time I Saw You was very suspenseful. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I wanted to find out what was going to happen next. I couldn't put the book down. This story definitely kept me interested and entertained from beginning until the end and I really connected to the characters. This was a pretty fast-paced story, which I appreciated. Overall, I enjoyed this story and found it interesting. It was a bit different because it was part mystery part women's fiction and it was nice that ...more
Darinda
When Kate’s mother, Lily, is found murdered, Kate turns to her former best friend, Blaire, for support. Kate soon receives an ominous text, and it seems she may be the next victim. Blaire decides to investigate and find who killed Lily.

Kate and Blaire had been best friends as teens, but grew apart as they got older. Kate married, had a child, and became a doctor. She has a perfect life. Blaire is divorced, childless, and her career is suffering. Her life is not so perfect. Still, when they recon
Mandy White
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Last year I read and love The Last Mrs Parrish so when the publisher granted my wish for an advanced copy of The Last Time I Saw You I was super excited. And I am happy to say that it did not disappoint. Once I picked this book up I did not want to put it down. The story had me hook, line and sinker! The ending was clever and although I suspected who I did not pick the why or how. Brilliant! A fantastic story of friendship, betrayal and lies - what more could you want.

Kate English has a perfect
Shannon
Apr 26, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This one did not work for me.
Stephanie (Stephanie's Novel Fiction)
More like 2.5 Stars for this one, so I'm rounding it up...

The Last Mrs. Parrish was a 4 star read for me, and I loved it: I remember thinking the writing style of Liv Constantine was smart, sexy, sleek, and binge-worthy and was hoping their sophomore novel The Last Time I Saw You would live up their first. Sadly, not for me at least...

The opening started out with that same fast-paced, binge-worthiness as Mrs. Parrish then things begin to fall flat not long after. I felt like I was in the middle
Dennis
Apr 27, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dennis by: Chelsea Humphrey
I didn't get a chance to read Liv Constantine's debut novel The Last Mrs. Parrish, so when I got my hands on their upcoming novel The Last Time I Saw You , I knew that Chelsea and I needed to pick this for our May Scared Suspense Book Club selection (you can follow the bookclub on Instagram @scaredsuspensebookclub). Sadly, this book is not up to par with what I was expecting. Maybe it was high hopes, but I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews for this title as each day passes. It just came off ve ...more
Renee (itsbooktalk.com)
This is a DNF for me at 18%. Not sure if it was the writing style or the pace but I found myself not wanting to pick it back up after I easily put it down and then not caring who killed her.
Emily
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"But I delighted in seeing your world fall apart. You think you're sad now, just wait. By the time I'm finished with you, you'll wish you had been buried today."

2.5⭐

I enjoyed Liv Constantine's The Last Mrs. Parrish, so I was very excited to get my hands on The Last Time I Saw You. This book still has the drama like The Last Mrs. Parrish, but in a different way that I didn't love.

I liked the first half of the book. It had my attention, and I was interested in seeing where it would go. After a w
Katie (katieladyreads)
DNF. The characters were insufferable. Every rich white people cliché imaginable is in this book and I just couldn’t force myself to finish.
Jill
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Edelwiess for a an ebook copy of this book to review. After reading the Last Mrs. Parrish I really hide high hopes for this book. It was not what I had hoped for. It was an okay read but didn't have the twist and the buildup that Mrs. Parrish did. So going into this I guess my expectations were too high. I felt like around the middle of the book it was dragging and it was more of a whodunnit, than a book that had you on the edge of your seat.
KC
After the murder of her mother, Dr. Kate English reunites with Blaire, her estranged longtime friend. Blaire, a successful mystery writer, soon puts her own skills to use with the hopes in solving this horrific crime. Blaire had never been a fan of Kate's husband Simon and when she learns of her friend's separation, he becomes the main suspect. This one is for anyone who enjoyed Liv Constantine's earlier thriller, The Last Mrs. Parish.
Laura Rash
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know reviews are all over the place on this one but I actually quite enjoyed it. If you take it for what it is instead of listening to the hype on it I think you’d enjoy it as well. It’s kind of an old fashioned mystery novel with a spin of darkness. Maybe if Agatha Christie and Ruth Ware has a book baby then this would be the result.
Jennifer Blankfein
Filled with lots of twists and turns, this whodunnit keeps you on your toes!  The Last Time I Saw You's author, Liv Constantine is the master of deception and lies, with this fast paced psychological suspense, perfect for a day on the beach! Full review posted soon on https://booknationbyjen.com.
Jenna | JennaStopReading
Elizabeth
May 05, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Last Time I Saw You lands with a whimper. Ostensibly a thriller, it's more of a stack of cliches (right down to label dropping as character development, ugh) muddled together with a too typical plot. Kate, the heroine, is a great doctor who never seems to practice (though she did ace her MCATs, of course) and Blaire is distinguished by having an e at the end of her name and being a famous author (or rather, co-author...hmm.) I suppose we could blame Blaire for the vapid writing, which seems ...more

• The First Mistake
  • Dear Wife
  • The Better Sister
  • A Stranger on the Beach
  • The Nanny
  • The Last House Guest
  • The Arrangement
  • Next Girl to Die (The Calderwood Cases, #1)
  • Keep You Close
  • After the End
  • Only Ever Her
  • Into the Jungle
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • The Two Lives of Lydia Bird
  • The Promise
  • Lock Every Door
  • Drawing Home
Liv Constantine is the pen name of USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and international bestselling authors and sisters Lynne Constantine and Valerie Constantine, co-authors of the Reese Witherspoon book club pick, THE LAST MRS. PARRISH. Separated by three states, they spend hours plotting via FaceTime and burning up each other’s emails. They attribute their ability to concoct dark story lines to the ...more