Start by marking “Love Me Only (Love Me Only Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love Me Only (Love Me Only Duet, #1)

Love Me Only (Love Me Only Duet, #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
A haunting past. A specific set of rules. One man determined to break them.

Chase Anniston has a haunting past full of drug abuse and heartbreak, and now as a recovered heroin addict, she's focused on keeping her life and career on track. The way she does it? She's formed a set of rules to keep her safe from the two things she deems trouble - men and drugs:

Never give into
Published May 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Love Me Only, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Me Only

Mandie
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ohhh emmmm geeee! This book is amazing! It and me laugh, it made me cry! I was hooked from the first page! I need more Chase and Jared! I need the next book like now! I would absolutely recommend this book!
I received an arc at no cost from the authors.
Nicole (TheBookWormDrinketh)
You don’t make a sound, you’re the dark side of me. Following, creeping, the side

that won’t let me be.

You remind me of my sickness that won’t go away,

You will always be there lingering, wanting to stay.

Just a shadow, like a flying dark crow. Don’t you have another place to go?

I must accept you as a part of me,

Because every day we dance, my Shadow Monster and me.”

Okay, so this week is slowly becoming chic-lit week. Well, we all have to have one every once in a while… so, I guess this is mine.”

The
Giselle
Mar 26, 2018 marked it as to-read
ARCs can be requested here: [closed - other review opportunities found here]
Lena Muo
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gina Burkart
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this book is the first that ive read by these two amazing authors. This book will have your Emional twisted and will be loving the style of writing these two have put toghter a amizing book.
Jennifer Sweeny
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this in so many ways.
The honest portrayal of addiction as a continual process, the use of poetry as a healthy tool, the character development. I'm hooked. Can't wait until the next book is released!
Phyllis Moore
Don't judge this book by how stars I rated it. It is only rated 3 stars because it is so accurate the author describes overcoming addiction. The book tore open some healed over wounds in my family. But it did show the every day struggle of keeping clean. A point of view my family could have used before discarding someone as "not making the right choice". The way the author cuts deep to the bone and with just words can bring to light the depth of human struggle and human understanding.
Karen
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great well-written book. The storyline and characters are very good with touches of humor, romance, and drama. This book will capture your interest from the beginning and hold it until the end. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Wow! I mean wow! I was given the opportunity to read this outside of a blog tour, and upon reading the blurb I had to snap it up! Being a novella too, I knew it wouldn't take long. I actually stayed up well past my bedtime to try and finish this (sleep beat me though). I could not put this down! This book will stick with me for awhile...and like an addict, I need and I want the next book NOW!

This being a novella too, has left me needing more. The ending just happened so abruptly I never saw it c
Lisa Mueller
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of cliffhangers. Really, REALLY hate them. That being said, for once I am glad I made an exception to the rule. What a great beginning and the second book can't come out soon enough for me (well, except for that whole going through winter thing right now).

Chase went through a horrible episode in her life when she was addicted to heroin. Since then, she has managed to get her life back together and live with the day-to-day reminder of her addiction. She
Sandy
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Me Only is the first book of the Love Me Only Duet, and I have to say, the second book cannot be released soon enough.

Addiction of any kind is a terrible demon to overcome.

Cigarettes, alcohol, drugs. The best way to defeat addiction is to never open the door. Don’t even peek. I know, sometimes it’s easier said than done. However, the temporary tingle of pleasure can lead to a lifetime of fear.

Nobody is perfect. We all have our moments. Many of us are never too far from hitting rock bottom.
Nate Brightman
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'd like to give this book more than 2 stars. What there is of it is at times riveting as we get inside the mind of a recovering heroine addict and it's not very pretty. In truth it's down right frightening considering the heroine epidemic currently sweeping our nation killing so many. Our heroine Chase is six years clean yet as she's describes her emotional and physical desire for the drug her constant battle to avoid using despite her years of sobriety, despite her awareness of the tragedy it ...more
Tasha
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved Loved Loved this book. I did not want to stop reading once I started. When you are reading Chase's story, you can feel her pain, and what she is going through. Her past is still there, haunting her every move, but you can see how strong she is trying to be to fight it off. Through the whole time at Vegas, you see the silent struggle that she has and add in a hot guy, and things get interesting for her. The unknown calls make the past come back even stronger, and the ending leaves you wanti ...more
Michelle VanDaley
I absolutely LOVED this story. The characters are complex and you become quickly invested in them. The story is well paced with some serious laugh out loud and heartfelt moments. Fran especially is hysterical - straightforward and doesnt care what anyone else thinks of her. The story itself follows Chase's journey. I have to say as a person in recovery (clean & sober 9 yrs 3months 13 days) I was in awe of how well the Authors write about addiction and recovery. The reader truly understands w ...more
Terry Babb
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a well written tragic to a testimony of true grit story & what a feisty sassy character the heroine is. I found the story line already covered by most reviewers to be so well crafted I could identify with all the characters. It was so funny at appropriate times I literally burst out laughing several times much to the irritation of my husband. I was so excited to leave a review while I could recall how I felt about the book that I bought a copy by mistake as I already had an arc! Old age ...more
Sonja Charters
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Brilliant mini-novella!

Read this in one short sitting as it was fast paced and gripping.

Ending was abrupt.....but left you hanging.....can't believe I have to wait almost a year for the next part! Although at least when it's due you can easily re-read part 1 to refresh yourself :)

Definitely recommend if you want a quick mini read and don't mind being g left dangling with no answers for a while...
Jenny
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great first book! I can’t wait to read the next book. The only thing I hate is having to wait until next year. I am so glad I read this so I can follow the authors so I don’t forget about it. Can’t wait to see where this story goes! I received an advanced reader copy for an honest review.
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Vicky Quenault
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting and likeable characters.
I feel that the story is a little slow starting and had to force myself to keep reading it.
However, once I got to the airport scene and beyond everything started to flow and I couldnt put it down.
Im not a fan of cliff hangers so I wish the book was self contained.
I received a complimentary copy from Voracious Readers in return for an honest review.
Christine
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an emotional read, but I believe an accurate one regarding the daily struggles of an addict on the long road of recovery and the triggers they must avoid or learn to step lightly around. Something as simple as a relationship or love can impede her progress. Learning to trust again is a big deal, as is meeting someone who will understand and enrich her life. I enjoyed this book.
Jennifer Matcham
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

I started this book thinking I was going to get the whole story but this is just book one. I can't believe I have to wait for the next one. It was a good read and left me hanging for more. Loved the characters, especially Chase. Hurry up 2019 so I can read more.
Sam Quevillon
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got to read this book for free through voracious reads. The books was really good and shed a realistic light on trying to overcome addiction and death. Couldnt put it down, need to find the 2nd book now!
Crystal Ellyson
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a giveaway. I am giving an honest review. This book is amazing!!!!! I love the main character, Chase because she is such a strong character!!!! She moves and improve her life with the help of her aunt. It is an amazing book, I highly recommend this book.
Cheryl
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chase bk 1
A riveting, poignant novel looking at addiction and this book has heartache, courage, humor, drama, and I LOVED IT! Mesmerized me til I finished it! Can't wait for book 2. I received an ARC to read and review at no cost from the authors.
Alicia
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun read! Loved the character voices and was fully invested in the story! I can't wait for the next book, I need to know what happens next!!
Rebecca Charters
This book had the potential to be good but it ended in such an unsatisfying place. Not in a 'what happens next? I'll buy the next book' kind of way but more of a 'nothing really happened or got resolved' kind of way. It was as if the authors got halfway through writing a book but just decided to publish it anyway rather than waiting until it was actually finished. I'm sure book 2 will be good and finish everything off but they should just be merged into one book and published together.
Shauna
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Good beginning. I definitely need to read the next book as I wonder where it will take them.
Marie-louise
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author via Voracious Readers Only.
I loved this book! The main character tells the story. She is young, vibrant and witty. There were a few laugh out loud moments and the opening scene had me hooked. I read this in a few hours and didn't put it down. I will definitely be checking out part 2 when it is released! LOVED IT!
meghann
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I seriously don’t know how I am going to wait until 2019 for book two in this series. I NEED to know what happens next. Chase is such an amazing character. I love how she takes accountability for her past mistakes and makes good choices when it comes to certain situations and knowing her limitations. Fran though. That’s my girl. I’m going to start actively seeking out my own real life Fran to become besties with. It needs to happen.
There’s definitely more to Jared than we’ve seen so far, and I’m
Sanarazakazi
Sep 07, 2018
Dawn Roberts
Apr 19, 2018
Multiple Award Nominated and Bestselling Author Susan James Pierce has a degree in Marketing Management, works for a Fortune 500 company in Atlanta, Georgia, and devotes her precious, spare time to writing Paranormal, Sci-fi, and Romantic Suspense novels.