Start by marking “Room Service” as Want to Read:
Room Service

Room Service

Olivia Dawson is in a personal and creative rut when her interior design team nets a contract that could change everything. Olivia grabs the chance to reignite her passion, to step outside her comfort zone, and to achieve national exposure if she delivers everything the client expects.

Savannah Quinn fled a broken heart and started fresh in a new city, at a new job, without
paperback, 242 pages
Published June 12th 2018 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Room Service, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Room Service

Start your review of Room Service
Diane Wallace
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
'NetGalley ARC provided by The Publisher in exchange for a honest review'

**'Storytelling trumps beautiful writing every time...'

Endearingly good story!
Smart and funny,insightful and romantic,impulsive and compelling,fascinating and steamy, ROOM SERVICE reveals that the most important journeys we make aren't measured in miles,but in the strength,wisdom and love found along the way. More than this,though,this book/storyline is both an examination & reflection of the stories we/readers tell ourselv
Lex Kent
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. While not as great as her Perfect Match Series, this was still a good read. This is actually the second book Riley has written. She put off releasing this until after her Perfect Match Series was completed. One thing all four books have in common is heat and chemistry. Riley is very good about writing chemistry in her romances. If that is something you enjoyed from her Perfect Match Series, chances are you will like this read too.

Olivia is an interior designer for companies. She is i
Rosi
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has been a slow built romance, in which the two protagonists, both very femme, both inexplicably available, both with a past of unsatisfactory relationships, should meet and work together due to a project partnership between the two companies that they work for.

This partnership, leads them, along with the other members of the work team, to travel to several cities to develop the projects, so the relationship grows with the projects, both in and outside work.

As the two are afraid of having a
Corrie
Sizzle, sizzle, sizzle. Oh my giddy aunt but there’s a lot of sexy-times in this story. Don’t worry, it’s none of the boring kind because if there’s one thing Fiona Riley can deliver it’s scorching scenes. The only thing that made me go hmmm where the times that Savannah and Olivia forget themselves and went at it like rabid weasels in public places. I can understand running the risk of getting caught increases the kink for the peeps involved but I would not like to get an eye-full of oral sex w ...more
Netty
A good solid sexy romance, with interesting likable characters, it did start to get a bit too frustrating at one point, I also thought the 4 page fallout was a over the top and bloody stupid, but apart from that it was full of chemistry, flirting and eventually great sex scenes, I do think this book could have been shorter, but it was an enjoyable romance so I’d totally recommend this to romance fans...

An ARC was given in exchange for an honest review
Alexis
I'm having trouble reviewing this book because I loved the first 80%. The last 20% however *shudders*.. yikes!

Let me start with the positives. The author creates super sexy chemistry like nobody's business. For a quick second I thought Savannah was seducing me and not Olivia (not that I would mind). Knowing the person you're attracted to feels the same way but not being able to do anything about it creates crazy amounts of sexual tension. I really liked how they tried in vain to keep things prof
Sprinkles
The copy provided by NetGalley and Bold Strokes Books Inc. in exchange for an honest review.

My goodness, what a roller coaster of feelings.

To start off, two things are very special about reading 'Room Service'. One: Fiona Riley has become a bit of a staple for me; I flock to her releases. And, two: One can definitely see that Riley's storytelling has improved since the time this was originally written. While enjoyable, it proves that she's grown as writer. I respect this so much. Miss Match
vacatedboat
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic
I feel torn here, but I’ve given all of Riley’s books a 4* rating, so I’m sticking with the trend here. Since I have been on GR for a good while, I’ve rated a lot of books. However, because I haven’t left reviews until recently, I have to go off remembering how certain books made me feel and what I remember about them when looking over stars given. I really liked ‘Miss Match’ when it came out and was sincerely impressed that it was a debut novel. I still remember the characters and the storyline ...more
Joc
I’ve read all of Riley’s novels and I think this is my favourite. Olivia and Savannah meet when their respective companies engage in a joint venture to create some dynamic, green spaces in a few buildings in different cities. Spending large tracts of their time liaising and being in the same place, they find that not only do they work well together but that their attraction for each other is undeniable.

They are both really likeable characters and their chemistry is sizzling. This has been shelve
Kara
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Room Service" presents another taboo, or at least inappropriate, lesfic romance: this time between work colleagues where one character can dramatically impact the career of the other…or so, at least, everyone believes. The narration is overall very fun and energetic, with great voices for the characters…but there seemed to be pronounced lisping in several spots that I found mildly distracting.

MC Savanna is happy to focus on work, which she is very good at, and is not looking for a relationship
Linda
So full of chemistry, sexual tension, unabashed flirting and sensuous moments between Olivia and Savannah; both very femme and oh so sexy! Loved the sexy scenes which had me flustered at times! They seemed at ease making out at places; some were very public places, one might say!

Story is about Olivia and Savannah, both commitment-shy due to past relationship. Based in different states, they had a professional working relationship, were attracted to each other but suppressed their attraction so a
MJS
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed Riley’s previous books very much and was looking forward to this one, it was good, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as I did the three matchmaker books.

I enjoyed both leads, though I preferred Savannah, Olivia was a bit hit and miss in that she seemed to change personality towards the end, going from ‘I have roots and want to settle down’ to ‘I’m commitment phobic’ was annoying. I did enjoy the secondary characters, both Olivia
Tiff
Room Service is a nice romance with a solid storyline, good dialogue and a lot of hot sexiness. I do not think this Is Riley's best book though. Is it good? Yes, it is. In the acknowledgments portion of the book, the author writes that she wrote this book before Miss Match. From Miss Match through her Perfect Match Series you see each book get better and better. The writing goes from really good to freaking fantastic. With this book, I felt not quite there with the protagonists, the supporting c ...more
JF
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really love this author. Mainly because she writes great sex scenes . My biggest pet peeve is when an author gets to the climax ( no pun intended ) of the MC’s romance and then drops me off the cliff . Kiss, kiss, kiss and it’s morning . I want to know what happens in between . That is why Fiona never disappoints me I can count on a good romance and well written sex scenes.
Jacob Proffitt
Nov 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished, lgbt
At about a fifth of the way in, I'm calling it done. The characters are shallow and that's not made better by there being dozens, no hundreds!, of secondary characters. Okay, like, eight really, but it feels like I'm a director at a casting call and every wannabe hopeful feels the need to razzle-dazzle me. Yeah, yeah, I get it, your heroine has friends who are coworkers. Yay!?

An acknowledgement at the beginning says that this was her second book written and that it sat for years before being hau
Gaby LezReviewBooks
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an early work by Ms. Riley just published now after the three books of her 'Perfect match' series. This is an office romance between interior designer, Olivia Dawson, and Savannah Quinn, her client corporate liaison. As they travel around the country to tackle different projects, their mutual attraction grows making it impossible to ignore. Will their corporate association get in the way of their budding relationship?

'Room service' is a slow-burn romance written from the point of view of
Starsandsun18
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think this one’s my favorite from the author so far.
The pacing is just right. You can feel the sexual tension between Olivia and Savannah.
I also like their chemistry together.
Sexy scenes 👏🏽
Lot’s of PDA I can’t even imagine how they manage them. 😁

I find Reagan annoying at first I was actually expecting her to have feelings for Olivia or maybe the protagonist here but I guess not. She’s just the annoying childish best friend but supportive.

Nice supporting characters especially Savanna’s brother
Agirlcandream
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley, bsb
I am a big fan of Fiona Riley. Her Miss Match series was entertaining, sexy and each book starred characters I fell in love with, quirks and all. The humour and sparks are present in Room Service but I didn’t enjoy this read as much as I did her previous novels. The public displays of affection in the workplace and while socializing with coworkers set off all my “inappropriate” bells and whistles. There are lots and lots of sex scenes to keep everyone entertained but they felt more like filler t ...more
Les Rêveur
I adored this book… from start to finish. It’s just damn sexy!

Olivia is stuck in a rut so when a work opportunity comes up she jumps at the chance to show off her skills, that is until the formidable and sultry Savannah becomes the corporate liaison between Olivia’s team and the company she designing for. Olivia is everything Savannah didn’t know she was looking for and more. From the moment they meet each other the chemistry is palpable and hot as hell. But is a relationship with someone you wo
Jane Shambler
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, netgalley
Initial response to this book was short and solid.

The connection between the characters is exceptional. Riley seems to have the ability to really let the chemistry sizzle between her characters. This is a stand alone novel. I could make comparisons to her Perfect Match series but that wouldn't be fair. That series was unique in its own right just as this is. But I did pick this book up because of that series.

I was not disappointed. Riley has a unique and confident writing style and that bleeds i
Danni Mladenovic
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is HOT! Whatever else I wanted to say just pales to comparison with this feeling! It’s erotic, filled with great chemistry between Savannah and Olivia, the seduction scenes are very well written and it’s kinda addictive once you pick it up. It was fun and sexy reading it, and what more could a girl want on a warm sunny afternoon...
Tara
Fiona Riley is so good at writing characters who are extremely likeable, even as they have issues to work through. I was happy see that the leading ladies in Room Service are no exception! They’re both fun, sweet, funny, and smart, which is a brilliant combo. They also have chemistry that sizzles almost from the get-go, making it especially fun to watch them grow in ways that are good for them as individuals and as a couple.

Full review: https://www.thelesbianreview.com/room...
V
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: workplace, lesfic, romance
Room Service by Fiona Riley is a really good romance about what lengths one is willing to go for love. If you are a fan of her Miss Match books, then you will really like Room Service.

Olivia and Savannah are thrown together when Savannah’s firm contracts out a series of projects to the design company that Olivia works for. They dance around their attraction for each other until they simply can’t deny that attraction or the friendship that is developing along the way. This book is a traditional
Jasmine
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from the first pages! An all around feel good cheesy romance.

Olivia and Savanah are paired together on a series of design projects that has them working in close quarters. As they get to know each other, they find their growing attraction irresistible. Their job is too important for both of them to risk on a simple fling, but their attraction and the deeper feelings they have for each other is far from simple.

The main characters were were both very very sexy, but showed a lot
Carly
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the pacing of this book. It felt quite realistic in how you can have a total crush on someone but you try to hide it. When you realise that person you're crushing on feels the same and the chemistry goes through the roof. The chemistry was well written and I felt it between these two. My favourite read so far from Fiona Riley.
Marilyn
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-read, owned
Another terrific romance from Fiona Riley.
'Nathan Burgoine
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: glbt
Despite my Kobo eating this book multiple times, and despite having to chase my reading across three different platforms to make it happen, my journey with Olivia and Savannah is finally at a close and I am so glad I took the journey.

Now, if you've read my reviews of Fiona Riley before, you know I adore her. The Matchmaking series (start with Miss Match) is awesome. Narratively, what we've got here is a series of redesign projects where Savannah's company has hired Olivia's company, and it's Oli
Ameliah Faith
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Designing Dreams
Olivia and her design team have a chance to work for a national corporation after they finish a three site contract. This is her dream break and will make her one of the best of the best. Savannah is the point of contact between her company and Olivia’s. They will have to work closely together and falling in love is a complication they don’t need which shouldn’t be a problem since neither of them do commitments.

I love romances and this is a wonderful one. Ms Riley is a fantastic
Det. Nidhi
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dimplezx
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great read by Fiona Riley following her Perfect match series. Never failing to bring the funny, smart and let's not forget the steamy scenes in all her books. A good flow throughout the book and a good match between Olivia and Savannah. I'm in confusion over my favourite character now from Fiona's books. Is it Luce or Savannah.. hmm. I'd have to go Savannah, just because of the Red head.. yes I totally picked her based on hair colour!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • Calendar Girl
  • The Sex Therapist Next Door
  • To the Moon and Back
  • Sparks Like Ours (Seven Shores, #3)
  • Waiting for You
  • Fear of Falling
Fiona Riley was born and raised in New England where she is a medical professional and part-time professor when she isn’t bonding with her laptop over words. She went to college in Boston and never left, starting a small business that takes up all of her free time, much to the dismay of her ever patient and lovely wife. When she pulls herself away from her work, she likes to catch up on the conten ...more