Start by marking “Team Avatar Tales (Avatar: The Last Airbender)” as Want to Read:
Team Avatar Tales (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

Team Avatar Tales

(Avatar: The Last Airbender Comics #FCBD 2-4)

This anthology from the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender features all your favorite characters, brought to life by a cast of all-star creators!

Journey along with Team Avatar as they rescue a pumpkin farmer waylaid by monsters, go undercover in the Fire Nation, help an old rival with a hair-raising problem, and reflect on what it means to save the world. Featuring the wo
Published October 15th 2019 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Team Avatar Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Team Avatar Tales

Start your review of Team Avatar Tales (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
A bit underwhelming as I had read several of these before. One full star is for The Pebble.
Leah Waters
Honestly, I kind of hated this book. The art just didn't work for me, and it felt like a waste of time.
Juho Pohjalainen
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure I actually liked any of these short stories. They feel much too removed from the world of Avatar, by this point, with uneven writing and downright bad art. It's a shame how far we've come from the high days.
Gesine
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I always love to come back to the world and each story was very sweet but some couldn’t capture the special Avatar feeling.
Sophia
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
A collection of sweet and funny stories. I loved how some stories were thoughtful and had a moral while others were just pure fun silliness.

Each story is set within or around the first series. I would have to say my favourite was either Rebound (because it not only tied into the tv show but also to the ongoing comics...and of course, Mai!) or Origami (for the feeling of nostalgia it gave me).

The art style changes for each story. While most aren't bad, there were a couple that were drawn in thi
milou  ☕️
I'm a hoe for when it comes to graphic novels relating to the Avatar the Last Airbender universe and I usually adore everything that gets produced in there. Except this that is.

The art style felt immensely off putting to all the other graphic novels in these series. Also I don't feel like I've read anything noteworthy or worth memorizing. This could've been handled better I'm afraid.

↠ Genre: Avatar The Last Airbender Universe. Comic
↠ Pov: Multiple
↠ Type: Standalone
↠ Rating: 2 stars
Kayla
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute little stories, I just wish at least one of them had my favorite character, Zuko, in the plot. Only mentions of him.
rain
Aug 18, 2020 rated it liked it
where is zuko
Rhiannon Minster
Mar 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
It's literally just published fanfiction so I wasn't expecting much, expecially because of the cover art. Art and writing quality are sometimes decent and sometimes terrible. One of the shorts uses the term "mouthy broad" which took it down a star for me because of how the term doesn't fit within the universe. Cannot recommend reading.
Piper
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. I liked some of these stories but others made me sad the way they changed things....like Mai’s story :/
Jena
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Like any collection of short stories, I liked some more than others. Overall very cute and I think this would make a nice gift for someone who has watched the Avatar show but hasn't read any of the comics, since it's just little stories about favorite characters.

(Also can we talk about how pretty Katara looks on the cover??)
Bryan
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Team Avatar Tales is a much shorter collection than The Lost Adventures, however it contains more stand-out stories (many of which were surprisingly emotionally charged, for their length). I did not realize it until after I started, but this collection was actually released in October of last year. It contains eight stories total, three are the Free Comic Book Day releases from 2013 to 2015, and the remaining five are all originals for this collection.

Some standouts were...

REBORN -- Which takes
Kathy
Jul 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I love all the extra stories for Team Avatar, but I do find it distracting to have the art style change constantly. That's one of the parts of comics that is a bit harder for me to get into, the fact that the art and story can change so much between creators. Some of these stories were very short and silly, and others were a little bit longer. Toph is probably my favorite character to have extra small stories about.

A fun compilation for sure, but I’m not sure it’s one I will purchase for my col
Megan
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick read about the various adventures of Team Avatar. I really enjoyed it and found myself smiling through most of it.

The artwork was very well done and I like how it changed for each short story.

Momo is still one of my favorite characters along with Katara and the Avatar himself.

A fun read especially if you've enjoyed watching the tv series or read other books in the Airbender world.
Christina (TinyTinaTales)
2.5/5 Stars

This was definitely cute, and I enjoyed getting to experience new stories from these characters. However, it didn’t feel like Avatar to me. I think a lot of that has to do with the art style and how short each of the tales are. Every story felt too rushed, and I would have preferred to see a couple fully flushed out tales rather than eight rushed ones. Overall, I did still enjoy the read. Anything Avatar based is fun to experience for me. I just think that this particular collection o
Juliana
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I don’t understand why Zuko is on the cover, but he isn’t featured in any of these stories (apart from a quick shot of him sleeping in “Sokka’s Poem.”) Otherwise, this was a solid collection. I was really glad to see the LGBTQ+ representation included in one of the stories!
Hayden
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
I mean, I didn't *hate* these, but most of them were underwhelming. The first one (about Mai) and then the one with the Boulder were probably my favorites. I've heard a lot of the other Avatar graphic novels are better, so honestly I think this is one you might as well skip.
Amanda Koger
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
these were so cute and fun! the last one was so festive and adorable!
Ken Yuen
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's an anthology so it's a mixed bag. The story about the comic book guy gatekeeping the shell hobby was pretty neat, since Suki is always awesome. Wish the stories could have been a bit deeper, but that's just how short stories are.
Courtney (courtney & books)
A very cute and fun collection! I’m so happy I finally got to read a couple of the comics from the free comic book day too!
Autumn Chrunik
2.5/5 stars.
This was just okay. Art styles were meh and I didn’t really care for any of the short stories.
Teodora Lipciuc
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I LOVE THESE
nat ☾
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
super super cute, my favorites have to be “rebound”, “origami”, “shells”, and “the substitute”. just wished there was more zuko content :/
Emylie
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aww this was so cute! I liked the little stories and the little lessons. I miss the series—maybe time for another re-watch... again.
Abani
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Especially loved the art style of “origami” it was delicate and provided the right vibe for the story.
LinleyLovesToph
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
WAIT MEI AND ZUKO BROKE UP???😫
Hayley
Nov 22, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
A nice collection of funny comics.
Madeline O'Rourke
As a collection of stories written and illustrated by different people, Team Avatar Tales isn't my favourite of the Avatar graphic novels. Still, it's fun and it was interesting to see different visual representations of the characters. I just happen to prefer the narrative comics.
Diana
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Super cute stories, although I prefer a consistent drawing style. I am spiraling down in the avatar rabbit hole and regret nothing! Man I need to finish book 3 to get into the actual graphic novels
Izzie
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
cute compilation of one-off stories published in diff locations / timelines... not a required read for the ALTA fandom but cute nonetheless
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #6)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part 3 (Imbalance, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part 2 (Imbalance, #2)
  • Imbalance (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #1)
  • Katara and the Pirate's Silver (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire (The Legend of Korra, #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Three (Ruins of the Empire, #3)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars (The Legend of Korra, #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Two (Ruins of the Empire, #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part One (Ruins of the Empire, #1)
  • The Last Airbender: Prequel - Zuko's Story
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Two (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part One (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Three (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Legacy of The Fire Nation
  • The Legend of Korra: Lost Pets (Free Comic Book Day 2018)
  • The Shadow of Kyoshi (The Kyoshi Novels, #2)
  • The Rise of Kyoshi (The Kyoshi Novels, #1)
Gene Yang began drawing comic books in the fifth grade. In 1997, he received the Xeric Grant, a prestigious comics industry grant, for Gordon Yamamoto and the King of the Geeks, his first comics work as an adult. He has since written and drawn a number of titles, including Duncan's Kingdom (with art by Derek Kirk Kim) and The Rosary Comic Book. American Born Chinese received National Book Award.

He

Avatar: The Last Airbender Comics (7 books)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search Part 1
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Rift Part 1
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - Smoke and Shadow Library Edition
  • Avatar: The last airbender, North and South
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #6)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures